PDA

View Full Version : Who sunk the Jackdaw?

EmbodyingSeven5
09-14-2014, 06:16 PM
hey guys. I have a theory about who sunk the jackdaw. if you don't know in AC 4 Freedom cry, Ade discusses and explores the remains of the sunken jackdaw. I have a theory about who was the captain at the time. when you beat AC 4 you unlock a special outfit for the wayfarer. you basically unlock Edwards robes without the hood up. strangely the wayfarer is the only character who receives it. I assume that when Edward arrives in London or right before he arrives he either donates his gear to the brotherhood or sells it off then the wayfarer receives his armor and ship because Edward is prepared to raise and care for his new family. sorry if this is already known and I wasted your time what do you think? the armor is labeled " the sea devil " with the caption "you know the story". what do you think. credible or naw

JustPlainQuirky
09-14-2014, 06:17 PM
But who sunk it

You just suggested who owned it.

I wanna know who (if anyone) shot it down and why :p

Seeing the Jackdaw sunken broke my heart TBH.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-14-2014, 06:25 PM
But who sunk it

You just suggested who owned it.

I wanna know who (if anyone) shot it down and why :p

Seeing the Jackdaw sunken broke my heart TBH.

maybe the answer will be in AC Rogue. and lol sorry.

JustPlainQuirky
09-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Nah Rogue takes place after the Jackdaw is sunk.

Unless Ade mentions it off-handedly

Ureh
09-14-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that the Wayfarer is an Assassin or Templar. They left it pretty ambiguous from what I can remember.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Nah Rogue takes place after the Jackdaw is sunk.

Unless Ade mentions it off-handedly

any way to change misleading title?

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that the Wayfarer is an Assassin or Templar. They left it pretty ambiguous from what I can remember.

if he was a Templar he could have plundered it and got the gear by force. I think he is an assassin though. his monologue sounds like he is watching a target waiting for a good time to strike.

guardian_titan
09-14-2014, 07:23 PM
You know from the game, Edward sailed the Jackdaw back to England with Jenny. You know from the novel that Edward still had the Jackdaw as of late December 1722. So you can come to a few conclusions:
1.) Edward sold the Jackdaw which seems unlikely given he loved the ship although Tessa (Haytham's mother) could have made him sell it or perhaps someone else
2.) Someone stole the Jackdaw. Fully upgraded, the ship did have gold inlays in the banisters and gold cannons, mortar, swivel cannons, etc. That's a LOT of money.
3.) Edward gave the Jackdaw to the Brotherhood

As for who sank it ... the Jackdaw was a notorious pirate ship. Pirate hunters could have easily sank her, especially with an inexperienced captain at the helm. Captains are supposed to go down with the ship (supposedly although I doubt many really did unless they were dead first) and given Edward died in London in 1735, he obviously didn't go down with the Jackdaw suggesting someone else was captain. There's also the fact that if Edward gave the Jackdaw to the Brotherhood, Templars could have taken the ship down. Woodes Rogers didn't die until 1732 after all and the Order there didn't just go *poof* when Torres died. So you got your pick: pirate hunters or Templars. If Templars stole the ship, then even Assassins could have sank the Jackdaw. Or maybe even Adewale sank her and didn't want to admit it.

The answer will likely end up never known at this point with Ubisoft either not thinking we would have liked to know the answer or they'll just arbitrarily have Adewale mention it to Shay at some point during Rogue. Then again, I don't see why the Jackdaw would be mentioned in Rogue since it doesn't really pertain to the story. Haytham can't mention it. He didn't know Edward was an Assassin until around 1757 unless it's mentioned in the latter half of the game.

So many questions that are easy to answer and yet never are. -.- Was it that hard to make an Animus blip about it in Freedom Cry? Or is there one and no one's actually read the entry to find out? I don't own it nor do I care to so I have no idea. Makes me wonder who got the bright idea that fans just love loose ends that never get tied up ... or if they do, it's usually long after the fact and done poorly. It's one thing to spur fanfics, but many people do want official closure.

JustPlainQuirky
09-14-2014, 07:27 PM
You know from the game, Edward sailed the Jackdaw back to England with Jenny. You know from the novel that Edward still had the Jackdaw as of late December 1722. So you can come to a few conclusions:
1.) Edward sold the Jackdaw which seems unlikely given he loved the ship although Tessa (Haytham's mother) could have made him sell it or perhaps someone else
2.) Someone stole the Jackdaw. Fully upgraded, the ship did have gold inlays in the banisters and gold cannons, mortar, swivel cannons, etc. That's a LOT of money.

As for who sank it ... the Jackdaw was a notorious pirate ship. Pirate hunters could have easily sank her, especially with an inexperienced captain at the helm. Captains are supposed to go down with the ship (supposedly although I doubt many really did unless they were dead first) and given Edward died in London in 1735, he obviously didn't go down with the Jackdaw suggesting someone else was captain. There's also the fact that if Edward gave the Jackdaw to the Brotherhood, Templars could have taken the ship down. Woodes Rogers didn't die until 1732 after all and the Order there didn't just go *poof* when Torres died. So you got your pick: pirate hunters or Templars. If Templars stole the ship, then even Assassins could have sank the Jackdaw. Or maybe even Adewale sank her and didn't want to admit it.

The answer will likely end up never known at this point with Ubisoft either not thinking we would have liked to know the answer or they'll just arbitrarily have Adewale mention it to Shay at some point during Rogue. Then again, I don't see why the Jackdaw would be mentioned in Rogue since it doesn't really pertain to the story. Haytham can't mention it. He didn't know Edward was an Assassin until around 1757 unless it's mentioned in the latter half of the game.

So many questions that are easy to answer and yet never are. -.- Was it that hard to make an Animus blip about it in Freedom Cry? Or is there one and no one's actually read the entry to find out? I don't own it nor do I care to so I have no idea. Makes me wonder who got the bright idea that fans just love loose ends that never get tied up ... or if they do, it's usually long after the fact and done poorly. It's one thing to spur fanfics, but many people do want official closure.

I could see that being answered in initiates.

Friggin' initiates...

Hans684
09-14-2014, 07:45 PM

Rogers went back to England where he was thrown out if the Templar Order due to slavery.

LoyalACFan
09-15-2014, 04:39 AM
My awesome headcanon says that Edward returned to Jamaica and killed Rogers in 1732, and deliberately sunk the Jackdaw himself to signify that he had wrapped up all loose ends in his pirating career and was ready to move on. IMO that's a way better explanation than saying it was destroyed in some random fight after it was a fully upgraded beast of the sea that sunk Man o' Wars on the daily.

JustPlainQuirky
09-15-2014, 04:40 AM
Oh snap Edward sinking it himself as a metaphor or something would be amazeballs.

Kakuzu745
09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
I am sure there will be a mention in Rogue ;)

Shahkulu101
09-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Who sunk the Jackdaw?

Who?

Who?

Who?

Y'all know what song I'm talking about. ;)

Anyway, I don't mind little details being left to interpretation. Leaves room for thought, not everything has to be answered - these stories actually lack in subtle ambiguities that can be perceived in a number of ways.

trainkun0908
09-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Yes, this. I want to know who sunk the Jackdaw, a warship that sunk five of the most powerful warships in the Carribean, multiple men of wars, frigates, brigs, schooners and gunboats, broke out of the blockades of Nassau and Ocracoke Bay and destroyed many major forts in the Carribean.

I always felt that Edward gave it over to the Assassins and it became the Assassin Fleet's flagship after settling down in London. Don't know what happened after that though, so please Ubi reveal this in Rogue.

Kaschra
09-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Maybe Darby knows who did it? Can anybody ask him on his twitter?