PDA

View Full Version : Pre-load of Assassin's Creed Unity

Rengav23
09-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Those who, like top I prefer to buy games for download, will be able to pre-order Assassin's Creed Unity on their consoles?

GoldenBoy9999
09-14-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't think it's been announced yet, but I really hope they let you pre-load/ pre-order all games in the near future. I want to do that with some big AAA releases this fall like GTA V. If we can pre-load a few days in advance then we can play it when it actually releases.

Moultonborough
09-14-2014, 04:16 PM
It would be nice I guess but only if they do not follow Bungie's example. That would just be really stupid imo.

wvstolzing
09-14-2014, 04:19 PM
It's been announced as a 'day 1 digital' title on PSN's US store; so it does have 'pre load' starting 2 days before release.

I don't know about the online stores for other systems / regions.

RinoTheBouncer
09-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Thereís a pre-load option on the PS4, as far as I remember. I pre-ordered the Gold Edition from there in addition to the Guillotine Case. I wonder if itís too big. I mean how large do you expect the game to be? 25GB? 30GB?

Th3 Code
10-21-2014, 03:17 AM
I hope there's a preload to the PC Uplay service. I have heard that Steam is going to get a few day preload period but nothing will be confirmed until around 1 week before release. But I have not heard a single thing about Ubisofts client program Uplay and if that will have any form of preload, which I think if ANYTHING gets a preload it should be Ubisofts own client. I am estimating that the game size will be 30-35GB and maybe roughly 27GB to download (maybe 30GB to download) and in that case it would take me roughly three days to download so I'm hoping for at least 4 days to preload the game.

If there is no preload at all, then Ubisoft will swiftly figure out why they have to keep manufacturing retail CD's for their games because not everyone can download 30GB if they have internet at all.

RinoTheBouncer
10-21-2014, 01:41 PM
The Evil Within which isn’t a graphical marvel, and it’s a cross gen. game was like 37GB and AC:U is a current gen. exclusive and an open world game, so God knows if it will surpass the 50GB mark.

SixKeys
10-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Mr_Shade confirmed here that there will be no pre-loading for Unity on PC: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/931188-Pre-loading-ACU

Alphacos007
10-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Mr_Shade confirmed here that there will be no pre-loading for Unity on PC: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/931188-Pre-loading-ACU

That is on Uplay.There will most probably be pre-load option on Steam, considering every AC game since AC:B had it.

EscoBlades
10-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi all, please see the following statement for Xbox One:

Assassin’s Creed Unity will be available for pre-download before launch along with any updates issued before the game’s release date, so the game is up-to-date and ready to play on November 11. Assassin’s Creed Unity will be available after midnight local time on the release date in your corresponding country, though some countries with multiple time zones will align to one release time. For example, in the United States, Assassin’s Creed Unity will be available for play at 12:01 a.m. PT on November 11.

There is no pre load on the PS4 version.

MakimotoJin
10-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi all, please see the following statement for Xbox One:

There is no pre load on the PS4 version.

Poor PS4,he already lost the quality and speed,now this?
But anyway,good to know that I could also download the updates before the release date.I'll play at the second it launches.

Xstantin
10-21-2014, 04:57 PM
^Weird cause the PS store has a banner thing with "Pre-load starting 11/9"

WinterLight1981
10-21-2014, 06:10 PM
^Weird cause the PS store has a banner thing with "Pre-load starting 11/9"

Yes, this was one of may main reasons for pre-ordering too. If this has changed it would be nice to be told a little more ceremoniously, with my very-slow internet a withdrawal of the promised pre-load would be very inconvenient!