PDA

View Full Version : Has your opinion on AC Rogue changed, or has it stayed the same?

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-14-2014, 01:33 AM
since its been a bit since the announcement and the first gameplay demo. there has been a new trailer, interviews and a Q/A has your opinion change on rogue or is it still the same ?

JustPlainQuirky
09-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Same, in the sense that I'm still hyped for it.

Megas_Doux
09-14-2014, 01:40 AM
Recycled outfit.
Recycled animations.
Recycled Hud
And even a recycled CITY.......

All of that on a rather dull setting.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2014, 01:40 AM
The same. It's everything I've been expecting.

JustPlainQuirky
09-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Recycled outfit.
Recycled animations.
Recycled Hud

To be fair Majora's Mask was a Zelda game created in a year reusing most of Ocarina of Time's assets and its known for being one of the best Zelda games and one of the best dark emotional games out there.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Recycled outfit.

...No it's not. They are drastically different, never mind the body build. Aesthetically, those are for the early 1700s Templars attires.

That's like saying AC:2's robe was recycled from AC:1, or AC:B's from AC:2.

Locopells
09-14-2014, 01:44 AM
The same. It's everything I've been expecting.

+ 1

Layytez
09-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Yeah I still don't like it.

Namikaze_17
09-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Recycled outfit.
Recycled animations.
Recycled Hud

I'm calling you're really gonna like the game more than any of us. :rolleyes:

rob.davies2014
09-14-2014, 01:55 AM
Initially intrigued when it was being leaked and we had that first teaser.
Then disillusioned with those two mediocre gameplay demos.
Then when the Assassin Hunter trailer came out, I got quite exited just because of the story. It'll be cool to see Haytham, Achilles, Adewale and possibly other familiar face again.
And the sadist within me wants to see how the Colonial Assassins Purge happened :o

Megas_Doux
09-14-2014, 02:01 AM
I'm calling you're really gonna like the game more than any of us. :rolleyes:

I still own a PS3!!!!! But between upgrading my PC in order to fully run AC Unity, Arkham Knight and and mainly The Witcher 3, among other expenses, the money will scarce...... :P
So unless Rogue turns out to be like a sequel of the Last of Us in regards of story, acting and narrative, I wont be playing this game anytime soon.

Namikaze_17
09-14-2014, 02:07 AM
I still own a PS3!!!!! But between upgrading my PC in order to fully run AC Unity, Arkham Knight and and mainly The Witcher 3, among other expenses, the money will scarce...... :P
So unless Rogue turns out to be like a sequel of the Last of Us in regards of story, acting and narrative, I wont be playing this game anytime soon.

Yep, just keep telling yourself that...

*Sips Tea*

:rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-14-2014, 02:14 AM
Hasn't changed. Still a bit excited for it.

DumbGamerTag94
09-14-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm excited for both Rogue and Unity.

However I expect more from Unity. So if anything disappoints me it will probably be ACU.

But Rogue has me hype for the conclusion of the Kenway/North American Saga. Getting those gaps filled and such. As long as it accomplishes that it lives up to my expectation. If it ends up being extremely good and the best of the trilogy(which it has potential to be). Then it will vastly exceed my expectations. Making it one of the best in my book.

Unity just has me worried because the bars been set so high it may not be able to make the vault.

Whilst Rogue has a very low bar to get over. And it's much more likely that Rogue vastly surpasses that mark. Than for Unity to even hit it's goal.

Journey93
09-14-2014, 02:39 AM
way too much recycling and reusing previous assets for my taste but apart from that
the story looks great and I'm excited to see Haytham, Adewale and Achilles again

Ureh
09-14-2014, 03:36 AM
I think it's going to be similar to the leap that AC2 made to ACB. Except the Kenway saga is a little more awesome compared to Ezio's story. At first I was only excited for this game, now it's gradually increasing little by little.

Reptilis91
09-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Still not excited. A lot of recycling, and I'm not fond of the colonial atmosphere.

But it's a AC game, so I'm still a bit interested. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling about the story. Everybody getting hyped with Achilles, Adewale, Haytham... but I don't know why, I have the feeling that even the scenario will be kind of meh.

RinoTheBouncer
09-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Iím even more excited to play it for the sake of the story, but my opinion about the gameplay is still the same. I donít like the setting but Iím happy that weíll get to see some old friends.

king-hailz
09-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Wasn't excited at all at the beginning. Hated the idea of playing as a templar! However after seeing that trailer with adewale and achilles I am very excited for the story! I am 80% sure that rogues story will be better than unity!

SHADOWGARVIN
09-14-2014, 12:10 PM
It's still the same. I'm very excited to play the game!

SlyTrooper
09-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Still excited.

Hans684
09-14-2014, 01:05 PM
No, my only interest is story. Naval and other stuff is a good bonus, while gameplay isn't that interesting it does have a few good concepts like being hunted by Assassins.

OriginalMiles
09-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Initially, I was against Rogue, but now I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Jackdaw951
09-14-2014, 01:12 PM
I am more optimistic now than when I first learned of this game. I feared it might be a rushed cash grab to ride the tail end of the last gen with reused assets. But I wanted it to be good, from Day One, and I'm now more confident than ever that it will be. Fingers crossed.

To be fair Majora's Mask was a Zelda game created in a year reusing most of Ocarina of Time's assets and its known for being one of the best Zelda games and one of the best dark emotional games out there.

+1 to you sir, for that unusually far-reaching observation.

Sushiglutton
09-14-2014, 01:15 PM
I was excited for AC:Ro until they showed the demos lol. Especially that Assassin chasing was painful to watch. But also other terrible design decisions like having you shoot icebergs to reveal animus fragments and loot (wtf). After that my hype dropped like a stone and it's unlikely I will ever play the game tbh.

ACfan443
09-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Completely disinterested, I haven't even bothered looking up all the details. Hell, I haven't even considered purchasing it. Shameless rehash, but at least it will keep the last gen folk satisfied.
It's the dull American setting more than anything else that makes it so unpalatable.

GoldenBoy9999
09-14-2014, 02:06 PM
I thought it was cool when they announced the details but my hype dropped when the gameplay came out. The new trailer has sparked my interest again because it has some of my favorite characters in it. Maybe if they would just show the woods part of the Frontier I would be full on excited for it. Either way I'm going to wait for a current gen release because my controller on 360 is kinda funky and I refuse to get a new one.

GunnerGalactico
09-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Honestly, my feelings about Rogue are kind of mixed at the moment. I'm liking the fact that we get to see some of the returning characters from AC3 and 4, but a lot elements in the game are recycled and looks lazily done. The only things that are getting me interested in getting the game is the plot and main character.

MakimotoJin
09-14-2014, 05:14 PM
I honestly prefer the Templar side most of the times in AC games,so Rogue hit me hard.Even though it seems to be the same as AC3 and AC4,I loved those 2 games,just like I loved AC1,2,Brotherhood ,and I was glad I bought Revelations,so I might enjoy Rogue too.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-15-2014, 05:47 AM
loved the setting for ac3 and most stuff from ac4 so putting them together makes me happy

Kakuzu745
09-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Changed...at first i thought it was a recycled ripoff...now I think it is a recycled ripoff but the trailers make me think there is some hope and I am probably buying it right now.