PDA

View Full Version : What If ACU is a meh - What will you do?

Landruner
09-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Okay not saying that the game ACU is going to be bad or disappointing, but what if it happened that the game is a total disappointment like some previous AC(s) had been for a lot of people?
What will you do?
What will be your reaction?

EDIT: The thread went before the Poll was finished Grrr!!! - Anyway I added a pole to give some serious directions, but Yes!!! you may "troll" and be funny and imaginative:p

marvelfannumber
09-13-2014, 12:45 PM
"Meh that was pretty meh. Time to get hyped for the next one"

I need to stop.

HiddenKiller612
09-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Cry myself to sleep at night and ask for the money I paid for the hype train ticket back. No but seriously, there will always be someone out there that thinks a game is meh. Always and forever... because there is no pleasing every single person. This could be the greatest game in the franchise to date... but I'd bet good money there will be at least 10 threads made by people who road first class on the hype train and realize dipping the game disc in water won't turn it into wine. That and a bunch of threads made by newcomers in the series wondering what they missed and wanting us to give them a hand with the lore.

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Say 'meh' and move on. If it's not brilliant somewhere along the line a great AC game will be released again. ACIV came after a 'dark' era of ACR and AC3.

m4r-k7
09-13-2014, 12:59 PM
I enjoy every AC game, despite its flaws.

Honestly, even if Unity is a disappointment, I will still be playing it loads

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I’ll wait for the next one, hoping that Ubisoft will improve it. I’ll also voice my opinion so that Ubisoft takes notes about what the series did wrong and I’ll hope that DLCs add to whatever that’s lacking in the game.

ze_topazio
09-13-2014, 01:34 PM
"I CAN'T BELIEVE I BOUGHT A NEW CONSOLE FOR THIS POOP, I HATE YOU UBISOFT, I WILL ONLY REPLAY THIS GAME 38 TIMES, can't wait for the next one to be announced."

Aphex_Tim
09-13-2014, 01:45 PM
None of these. I'll probably still enjoy it despite the meh-ness.

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Every AC had have something unique and great about them. Well, ''most'' of them.

If Unity as a whole is ''meh'', there has to be something that'll keep me coming back and enjoying it. Like the CO-OP for example.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Even if it is meh, I hope to enjoy it one way or another. The French Revolution is an event that a game should be able to portray probably considering how impactful it was.

And this:

Iíll also voice my opinion so that Ubisoft takes notes about what the series did wrong and Iíll hope that DLCs add to whatever thatís lacking in the game.

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Say 'meh' and move on. If it's not brilliant somewhere along the line a great AC game will be released again. ACIV came after a 'dark' era of ACR and AC3.

I’m sorry, but to me, ACIV was the dark era. AC:R was perfect and so was ACIII except for the last 7 minutes. Those were the last AC games that feel like AC. Pretty much how Code: Veronica and RE4 were to the RE franchise.

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I’m sorry, but to me, ACIV was the dark era. AC:R was perfect and so was ACIII except for the last 7 minutes. Those were the last AC games that feel like AC. Pretty much how Code: Veronica and RE4 were to the RE franchise.

Well not for me, obviously. ACR had a decent story with an incredible ending and beautiful city, but honestly the lack of side missions, den defence and corny set pieces make it a lacklustre experience. And AC3 - although I did enjoy it - there were some glaring problems. From they story pacing, mission design and terrible side quests - it was rather disappointing in some aspects.

ACIV for me has the best gameplay and side missions, and I love the more personal story of Edward - story wise it was far better than the Ezio trilogy in my opinion.

killzab
09-13-2014, 02:42 PM
It's incredible to see that most people here will carry on with AC even if they're disappointed in the games. Ubisoft are lucky to have such a fanbase

True_Assassin92
09-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I'd quit I guess. If they can't deliver a pretty good game and it would just be another "meh" like AC3 was imo, then it's better to stop all the way. If they can't produce a good AC game with 4 years of work then I think they will not succeed to do so in the future...

Journey93
09-13-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't know how it could be meh
I liked every AC game so far (ok except Liberation that one was really ****)
I know many didn't like AC3 but I thought it was awesome and as fun as ACIV if I would look for a "low point" for the franchise it would
be ACIV

So I'm hoping Unity will be better than ACIV and even if it isn't it would still be a pretty good game

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Well not for me, obviously. ACR had a decent story with an incredible ending and beautiful city, but honestly the lack of side missions, den defence and corny set pieces make it a lacklustre experience. And AC3 - although I did enjoy it - there were some glaring problems. From they story pacing, mission design and terrible side quests - it was rather disappointing in some aspects.

ACIV for me has the best gameplay and side missions, and I love the more personal story of Edward - story wise it was far better than the Ezio trilogy in my opinion.

I probably loved AC:R and ACIII more because I couldn’t care less about side missions unless they were full of story value. To me, once the credits roll, the game is over, unless there’s a story to tell in the extras. ACIV had great gameplay, and I loved Edward a lot but I just felt like the story could’ve been told much earlier in the franchise as I felt like we’re past telling the story of someone choosing between Assassins or Templars and I’d rather see a story of someone grown into the Creed like ACI and focused on the Assassins rather than the historical background.

Ezio’s trilogy is on the top of my list. I don’t know how anybody can dislike it, but I guess we all have different tastes.

Journey93
09-13-2014, 03:16 PM
I probably loved AC:R and ACIII more because I couldn’t care less about side missions unless they were full of story value. To me, once the credits roll, the game is over, unless there’s a story to tell in the extras. ACIV had great gameplay, and I loved Edward a lot but I just felt like the story could’ve been told much earlier in the franchise as I felt like we’re past telling the story of someone choosing between Assassins or Templars and I’d rather see a story of someone grown into the Creed like ACI and focused on the Assassins rather than the historical background.

Ezio’s trilogy is on the top of my list. I don’t know how anybody can dislike it, but I guess we all have different tastes.

I'm with you I can't imagine that the Ezio Trilogy will ever be surpassed
The personal connection I had with Ezio seeing this guy grow up and become a master assasin to him finally dying in peace
no other protagonist gave me that feeling

Many just don't like Ezio because of his popularity or because he got three games instead of one like the others

JustPlainQuirky
09-13-2014, 03:18 PM
I'd continue to go about my life, jimmies unrustled.

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 03:22 PM
The personal connection I had with Ezio seeing this guy grow up and become a master assasin to him finally dying in peace

Many just don't like Ezio because of his popularity or because he got three games instead of one like the others

I totally agree with you. We witnessed Ezio’s life from birth to death. He affected me like nobody else in the franchise. He’s just wonderful and some people hated him because he got popular. I believe Ezio is what made the franchise so desirable. He made it mainstream, yes, but it wasn’t a negative thing. He still won’t be surpassed by any new Assassin whether critically or commercially and it explains why they gave up trying to present interesting protagonists and rather focus on just showing historical figures and mainstream historical locations and events, not to mention co-op to sell more games.

killzab
09-13-2014, 03:23 PM

In before M comes to show you "how you're wrong" lol.

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 03:24 PM

I don't dislike the Ezio trilogy at all though, I love it and would put it above both AC1 and AC3. ACIV just surpasses all the games for me, and I have no trouble comprehending people may think differently unlike you.

Speaking generally, ACR and AC3 were probably the worst received critically and among the fanbase. For many, ACIV with it's much improved gameplay refreshed the series a bit.

EDIT: And I highly disagree that they stopped trying to introduce interesting protagonists because they thought none could live up to Ezio. Like him or not, there was a lot of effort put into Connor's character and ACIV has the most protagonist-focused story yet. And ACIV didn't do what AC3 did - no historical events and characters were shoehorned. Not to mention that in ACU the story of Elise and Arno takes centre stage while the historical aspect is a backdrop.

DumbGamerTag94
09-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Well what I would do if Unity is "meh". Is go and play Rogue.....simple answer really.

The way I see it 2 games coming out this year means there's a 50/50 chance that either or could be amazing. So if Unity stinks then it's only more likely Rogue is good. And vise versa. So I'm very optimistic this year.

Idk why people would rage quit the series or get franchise fatigue. IMO I've already gotten past the low point of the series which in my opinion was ACR. Which I find completely despicable. It's only saving grace was the city it was set in everything else sucked. Crappy short forced story(which isn't automatically somehow significant or good just because Ezio meets AltaÔr that was never necessary), cash in mentality 10 month dev cycle, and above all the 3rd installment with Ezio as the main character. That game was the only time I have ever felt series fatigue and I swore if Ezio was in another game I wouldn't buy it because at that point they were just cramming him in settings and games that didn't really make any sense or felt really forced(people complain about Connor being shoehorned....Ezio somehow left his home to partake in the Spanish Inquisition/Reconquista and then goes to Turkey to mess around in the ottoman civil conflicts. Yeah that's really not shoehorned or anything. He's just there for EVERY major event of the 1400s and early 1500s).

Don't get me wrong I love Ezio. But Revelations had milked him dry for me and he just want interesting to me anymore by that point.

But AC3 despite its flaws and AC4 have been pulling AC back from the depths for me with improvements every year. So I feel the future is bright.

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 03:46 PM
I don't dislike the Ezio trilogy at all though, I love it and would put it above both AC1 and AC3. ACIV for just surpasses all the games for me, and I have no trouble comprehending people may think differently unlike you.

Speaking generally, ACR and AC3 were probably the worst received critically and among the fanbase. For many, ACIV with it's much improved gameplay refreshed the series a bit.

EDIT: And I highly disagree that they stopped trying to introduce interesting protagonists because they thought none could live up to Ezio. Like him or not, there was a lot of effort put into Connor's character and ACIV has the most protagonist-focused story yet. And ACIV didn't do what AC3 did - no historical events and characters were shoehorned. Not to mention that in ACU the story of Elise and Arno takes centre stage while the historical aspect is a backdrop.

I love Connor so much. It’s just that Ezio happened to be my No.1 but that doesn’t mean Connor is my No.10. He’s my No.2 and Edward is No.3, sometimes, they switch places. I feel like my theory is correct about not be able to live up to Ezio when I see them totally neglecting the idea of continuing his story. And from then, they stopped being so daring or innovative when it comes to new characters. So far, the only interesting thing about Arno is the fact that he grew up with and fell in love with a Templar lady. I doubt that he’d be as interesting had Elise not existed.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see them creating the same success they did with Ezio. They’ll sell games, but like it or not, people will always look back at Altair, Ezio and Connor and compare the new ones to them. I won’t change my mind about relying on mainstream historical events to sell unless I see them taking daring steps with more experimental settings. I’ll cross my fingers for the future, but I doubt they’ll create a Sumerian setting or a Babylonian one, because they’re not so popular like Europe, which is why we’ve been stuck in the 18th century for the last 5 games, as well as America and Europe in terms of locations.

SlyTrooper
09-13-2014, 04:00 PM
I've never thought an AC game was "meh". I was slightly disappointed in AC3, but it was still a really good game. And I just don't see how Unity can flop. Everything they've shown is perfect.

m4r-k7
09-13-2014, 04:08 PM
I've never thought an AC game was "meh".

Exactly. I have never struggled to complete an AC game. Every game, even with their flaws are incredible (to me)

HiddenKiller612
09-13-2014, 04:12 PM
I too, have found none of the main games and liberation meh.... I just don't ride the hype train to disappointment station.

Landruner
09-13-2014, 04:27 PM
It's incredible to see that most people here will carry on with AC even if they're disappointed in the games. Ubisoft are lucky to have such a fanbase

Indeed you are correct mon ami - That must the "Un petit je ne sais quoi" thing (?) or The French touch or something :p ?

Landruner
09-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Here is what I will do - I will probably move on (buy a pole and go fishing for meditation) and I won't expect too much for the next one and CERTAINLY WON'T BUY THE HYPE no matter what.

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Here is what I will do - I will probably move on (buy a pole and go fishing for meditation) and I won't expect too much for the next one and CERTAINLY WON'T BUY THE HYPE no matter what.

My hype is much lower now that it used to be before the release of ACIII and ACIV. The disappointing modern day of ACIV and the fact that it could be non-existent in AC:U made me almost indifferent. I can’t deny that I can’t wait to play it or that I preordered the biggest collector’s edition out there, but inside, I know that the game is not gonna be perfect and I’m only getting it in hopes that maybe, just maybe there will be some interesting story and First Civ. elements.

Deezl-V
09-13-2014, 05:02 PM
You forgot an option OP. Play shadow of mordor again. Apparently, the nemesis system makes the game play different every time you play it so it feels fresh all the time.

But I doubt how acu would be meh.

Assassin_M
09-13-2014, 05:18 PM
"What if ACU is a meth?" <--- how I read it.

That said, everyone who voted "i will quit" is lying.

HiddenKiller612
09-13-2014, 05:25 PM
"What if ACU is a meth?" <--- how I read it.

That said, everyone who voted "i will quit" is lying.
are meh heads

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 05:27 PM
everyone who voted "i will quit" is lying.

If I had a cream puff every time somebody said “I’m quitting the franchise”, I’d be obese.
Leaving the franchise is the new “I’m gonna run away from home”. We know you’ll come back eventually.

Landruner
09-13-2014, 05:48 PM
My hype is much lower now that it used to be before the release of ACIII and ACIV. The disappointing modern day of ACIV and the fact that it could be non-existent in AC:U made me almost indifferent. I can’t deny that I can’t wait to play it or that I preordered the biggest collector’s edition out there, but inside, I know that the game is not gonna be perfect and I’m only getting it in hopes that maybe, just maybe there will be some interesting story and First Civ. elements.

I am feeling very cheap for my hype about Unity, and I am not even running for pre-ordering it.
I pre-ordered the games since ACB and I got very disappointed by AC4. Not because of the game itself, just Ubisoft got on my nerves (Long story) .

And yes, I joint you, the modern part was a total let down and somewhat I don't even see the point to have that in the game(s). I only see that they keep it because it belongs to the AC flora and it is all about it.

What I saw or heard about Unity so far, did not really blown me away, I prefer waiting for the feedback before getting it.
I will certainly enjoy it, but I have some reserves about it. I will for sure enjoy Paris that for sure, but for the rest I am not really sure. ?

Like I traitor (LOL), I turn myself to dark side of the Shadow of Mordor that I believe would be a more innovative game still in using some AC's game-play mechanic...hopefully it will turn good(???)

Also, I will certainly go for Rogue first, the reason being that it appear as a carbon copy of Black Flag and it does not bug me to make it for a round two with Rogue.

KG_NOx
09-13-2014, 05:50 PM
It's too seamless to be "meh"

killzab
09-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I am feeling very cheap for my hype about Unity, and I am not even running for pre-ordering it.
I pre-ordered the games since ACB and I got very disappointed by AC4. Not because of the game itself, just Ubisoft got on my nerves (Long story) .

And yes, I joint you, the modern part was a total let down and somewhat I don't even see the point to have that in the game(s). I only see that they keep it because it belongs to the AC flora and it is all about it.

What I saw or heard about Unity so far, did not really blown me away, I prefer waiting for the feedback before getting it.
I will certainly enjoy it, but I have some reserves about it. I will for sure enjoy Paris that for sure, but for the rest I am not really sure. ?

Like I traitor (LOL), I turn myself to dark side of the Shadow of Mordor that I believe would be a more innovative game still in using some AC's game-play mechanic...hopefully it will turn good(???)

Also, I will certainly go for Rogue first, the reason being that it appear as a carbon copy of Black Flag and it does not bug me to make it for a round two with Rogue.

Can you tell us why ? I'd be curious to hear that, they pissed me off too but I suppose it's for different reasons from you.

jeordievera
09-13-2014, 06:18 PM
I will just cry in the corner and regret every single day of the 6-or-so months I've been looking forward to it.
And I didn't vote cos none of these..

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 06:22 PM

I pre-ordered it because I know I wanna try every new AC game for myself and enjoy it for what it is, because I found myself liking so many stuff that most people hated and vice versa, so I wanna try it for myself and so far with AC games, non of the trailers since ACIII were reflective of what the game will feel like. So I wanna see it for myself and I know there will be a certain extent of fun involved so I just don’t wanna lose hope, completely. However, I’m extremely disappointed by modern day and I just hope that the First Civ-related contents won’t face the same fate.

Layytez
09-13-2014, 06:23 PM
I'd jump on the bandwagon and blame Rouge.

SlyTrooper
09-13-2014, 06:31 PM

SoM will be brilliant.

Journey93
09-13-2014, 07:11 PM
My hype is much lower now that it used to be before the release of ACIII and ACIV. The disappointing modern day of ACIV and the fact that it could be non-existent in AC:U made me almost indifferent. I canít deny that I canít wait to play it or that I preordered the biggest collectorís edition out there, but inside, I know that the game is not gonna be perfect and Iím only getting it in hopes that maybe, just maybe there will be some interesting story and First Civ. elements.

I agree I really liked the MD part of previous titles (apart from ACIV of course that was just lazy stuff) it was awesome how they connected
the MD part and the historical part before it felt like going into the animus and relieving the memories of Desmonds ancestors actually mattered in the grand scheme of things

Farlander1991
09-13-2014, 07:28 PM
If ACU is meh, I'll probably still marvel at all the technological advances in the game, and how atmospheric it is, and what potential it had, and will wait for ACU2 which will make a great use of all the technology and everything created for ACU.

Just like it happened with AC1 and AC2 (despite my BIG preference of AC1 over AC2, I can't help but agree that AC2 is a very great game that's popular and critically acclaimed for a good reason).
Just like it happened with AC3 and AC4.

Namikaze_17
09-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Me and Ubisoft:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jw861US1raQ/U1WRCCgF88I/AAAAAAAABCk/MIwB59AacAg/w800-h800/naruto_shippuden_minato_vs_m_yhk.gif

Nah, I'd just come here and wait for the next game to be announced.

Landruner
09-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Can you tell us why ? I'd be curious to hear that, they pissed me off too but I suppose it's for different reasons from you.

Oh you want to know why? Well, I rather not to say too much why or I get banned again LOL!
Let say, they simply pissed me off for some artistic directions during the making of AC4 - the all Darby vs Ash for the game direction got on my nerves, the executives got on my nerves, and I got pissed off at some other things that I don't really want to talk about.
Additionally they also pissed me off in cutting the game for their 3rd parties business deals, which it is what they are gong to do with ACU anyhow plus some more stuff as well than I rather not to even & any longer talk about on that forum.
Don't get me wrong, for some reasons I have better to gain at Ubisoft being successful, and indeed they are, but the all fooling their fans and their customers strategy and the milking of the product up to the less penny practice, nope! I am sorry I am old school fashion, I don't agree with that and they piss me off.

Voila! A part ca tout va bien lol!

If ACU is meh, I'll probably still marvel at all the technological advances in the game, and how atmospheric it is, and what potential it had, and will wait for ACU2 which will make a great use of all the technology and everything created for ACU.

Just like it happened with AC1 and AC2 (despite my BIG preference of AC1 over AC2, I can't help but agree that AC2 is a very great game that's popular and critically acclaimed for a good reason).
Just like it happened with AC3 and AC4.

Hi Farlander, How do you know it will be an ACU2? My point is that If the game is a Meh, it will certainly turn that it won't be a sequel of it, they will move the franchise in another direction and time period - Victorian London for instance?

Farlander1991
09-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Hi Farlander, How do you know it will be an ACU2? My point is that If the game is a Meh, it will certainly turn that it won't be a sequel of it, they will move the franchise in another direction and time period - Victorian London for instance?

It was a manner of speech. By "ACU2" I mean "the succeeding pure next-gen installment" rather than "Assassin's Creed Unity 2" directly. I can't say AC6 because Ubi pretty much has moved away from the numerical system, and the "AC?" or "AC#" variant is too vague to mean anything though it will be more correct since we don't know the subtitle of the next installment.

Sushiglutton
09-13-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm never giving up until Ubi has delivered the perfect AC :mad:! I know it's within reach!

killzab
09-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh you want to know why? Well, I rather not to say too much why or I get banned again LOL!
Let say, they simply pissed me off for some artistic directions during the making of AC4 - the all Darby vs Ash for the game direction got on my nerves, the executives got on my nerves, and I got pissed off at some other things that I don't really want to talk about.
Additionally they also pissed me off in cutting the game for their 3rd parties business deals, which it is what they are gong to do with ACU anyhow plus some more stuff as well than I rather not to even & any longer talk about on that forum.
Don't get me wrong, for some reasons I have better to gain at Ubisoft being successful, and indeed they are, but the all fooling their fans and their customers strategy and the milking of the product up to the less penny practice, nope! I am sorry I am old school fashion, I don't agree with that and they piss me off.

Voila! A part ca tout va bien lol!

Are you french ? you use a lot of french sentences in your posts. I am :)

But I think i know what you mean and I agree with you. I can't stand Darby for exemple and think the direction he wants to take the franchise is terrible. And I found him insulting towards a portion of the fanbase.

rickprog
09-13-2014, 09:43 PM
There hasn't really been an AC game I can call meh, despite one or another could get frustrating or redundant at some points. By this point, I'm sure ACU has improved on the aspects it needed to the most, and if it has developed the side content to become more varied and attached to the game and Arno's story, it'll be plain phenomenal. To be honest I feel this will be the best AC game and I'm pretty confident I won't be disappointed in that sense.

In any case, my answer was "I wait for the next one, hoping it will be better".

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 10:35 PM
I agree I really liked the MD part of previous titles (apart from ACIV of course that was just lazy stuff) it was awesome how they connected
the MD part and the historical part before it felt like going into the animus and relieving the memories of Desmonds ancestors actually mattered in the grand scheme of things

EXACTLY!

The past games were really great because not only we lived the story of the Assassin in historical times, but we had a bigger story that the things we find out contribute to. We had two interesting stories. The historical and it’s details, the modern day, it’s conspiracies and the things we hack in the Animus left by Subject 16. And everything mattered to a greater story.

JustPlainQuirky
09-13-2014, 10:49 PM
TBH, even though I'm not very hyped for Unity and I think forced initiates use n' modern day being replaced w/ cyberspace aspects are terribad ideas, I'm pretty confident it's going to be an awesome game.

Landruner
09-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Are you french ? you use a lot of french sentences in your posts. I am :)

But I think i know what you mean and I agree with you. I can't stand Darby for exemple and think the direction he wants to take the franchise is terrible. And I found him insulting towards a portion of the fanbase.

Oui mon ami,I am French like you are:cool:! but I live mostly in the USA and Canada, and I am a former TV artist from Canal + France, and I am currently working for the movie industry now. (I am also jumping in the Video game industry in some project....) For some reasons that I rather not to disclose there, but among some other things, I have been involved with UBI and then EA in some point of my life...

I know your little story with Darby on Initiates and he has not been very nice to you, however; he did apologize later.
Anyhow; I was not very satisfy about his arrogant intervention on Initiates, and I somewhat agree with you regarding his vision of the direction of the franchise.

Namikaze_17
09-13-2014, 11:21 PM
TBH, I feel more excited about everything else in Unity except for well...Arno. And before you go: "Well we haven't played yet." Just here me out when I say that I really feel more invested in Paris, Templars, MD, and Elise more than Arno per se. I'm not saying Arno is boring, just that he doesn't stand out yet...plus his story seems very copy-paste from the other games as well.

Can't say anything about his Personality yet...

Same for Rogue.

I'm really just more interested in the Characters he'll come across than Shay himself.

Though I'm more Hyped for Shay than I am Arno. :rolleyes:

Landruner
09-13-2014, 11:41 PM
TBH, I feel more excited about everything else in Unity except for well...Arno. And before you go: "Well we haven't played yet." Just here me out when I say that I really feel more invested in Paris, Templars, MD, and Elise more than Arno per se. I'm not saying Arno is boring, just that he doesn't stand out yet...plus his story seems very copy-paste from the other games as well.

Can't say anything about his Personality yet...

Same for Rogue.

I'm really just more interested in the Characters he'll come across than Shay himself.

Though I'm more Hyped for Shay than I am Arno. :rolleyes:

TBH, In fact you fear that Arno tun into an "Arnold" in Paris LOL

Namikaze_17
09-13-2014, 11:59 PM

http://static.tumblr.com/0f215c0b686bf2a7304afd2344258998/1fetrta/f4gmo573c/tumblr_static_cute_minato.gif

:rolleyes:

marvelfannumber
09-14-2014, 12:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUsnJ9jlwns

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Cry. Deeply. And never stop.

Nah, not really. I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much.

king-hailz
09-14-2014, 11:24 AM
I actually think this AC will be meh! I think it will be really dull and have no soul! I hope I am pleasantly surprised!

Matt.mc
09-14-2014, 12:59 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8WaoSULN8g
This

GoldenBoy9999
09-14-2014, 01:57 PM
I've enjoyed all of the AC games so I'll bet this one will be good. But if it really is bad I'll replay the other AC games, play Sunset Overdrive, and get on these forums.

pacmanate
09-14-2014, 02:02 PM
I have no hype anymore and will not give into hype. Have only seen the released videos but have read no articles so im in the dark about a lot of stuff thats been officially released. Its the best way to go.

Landruner
09-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I have no hype anymore and will not give into hype. Have only seen the released videos but have read no articles so im in the dark about a lot of stuff thats been officially released. Its the best way to go.

I totally agree with you, that is the best way to go. (+++++)!

Ureh
09-14-2014, 05:03 PM
I expect all AC games to be at least enjoyable and so far they've all delivered on that. Fun, beautiful cities. Fun gameplay (most of the time). Engrossing stories seals the deal.

AC1, R and 3 had really mixed reactions from everyone but I still enjoyed them for what they are. What they did right was good enough for me.

From what I've seen in ACU, it keeps up with that tradition. It will probably be flawed, but will also be lovable.

RinoTheBouncer
09-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Me too. I only watch the official trailers. No gameplay demonstrations, no interviews, no over-hyping. I buy the magazines but I just buy them for my collection. I rarely read the whole article.

Those stuff give too much expectations that the final product rarely meets.

jeordievera
09-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Me too. I only watch the official trailers. No gameplay demonstrations, no interviews, no over-hyping. I buy the magazines but I just buy them for my collection. I rarely read the whole article.

Those stuff give too much expectations that the final product rarely meets.
I wish I had the patience but I literally seek out every single information, video, picture, whatever.
But yeah it's better not to know anything and be overhyped. Usually with no expectations there is no dissapointment :)

Landruner
09-14-2014, 07:27 PM
I wish I had the patience but I literally seek out every single information, video, picture, whatever.
But yeah it's better not to know anything and be overhyped. Usually with no expectations there is no dissapointment :)

The hype is only based upon he perspective of self that wants to give it the credit for.
When Amacio declared on Gamespot that the Franchise was always about quality and blablablas.... I though to myself

"Damned you Al, just stop talking crap again, and try to sell your game to the mass like an Oxiclean product, no one is that stupid, just do your damned job and make it the best way you can, it is all people want, but so far.... just shut up Alex!!!"

Kakuzu745
09-15-2014, 04:33 PM
I will urge Ubi to spend more time developing the game.

Sesheenku
09-15-2014, 04:47 PM
I'll be done with the series. I'm not joking either. I quit SMT online for being a money grubbing pay to win and I'll quit this for continually delivering mediocrity as well.

I'm hopeful though and I believe Unity will be good and keep me on board.

RinoTheBouncer
09-15-2014, 06:01 PM

I lack patiences as well, but I just can’t stand gameplay videos cause they’re all the same repeated crap over and over in the exact same location and same goes for interviews. It’s the same information and questions being repeated over and over and over and maybe you’ll notice one or two sentences that are different and reveal or tease something. So I decided to remain on the forums and chat with the people here and learn whatever I learn from the discussions but not delve too deep into interviews and videos for the reasons I mentioned above, but I won’t miss a trailer. Trailers are my passion hehe, especially when they’re CGI.

Gladiaattori1500
09-15-2014, 08:59 PM
I've liked every c game up to this point
French Revolution is one of my most interesting parts of history
It will be true next gen this time
No competitive multiplayer(=no level55 trophy)
No optional objectives(at least I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere)
I've loved every trailer/gameplay video I've seen
I like every game as I don't think negatively

There is no chance in hell I will not like it