PDA

View Full Version : About the creature line-up for all factions

RobvD84
09-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey Ubi. Just an idea. I would like to have the idea where you can choose multiple creature building but have to choose between the 2 (just like in H4 and like the way it is with champions now). This will increase the replayability and also could please a lot of fans.
I know there is a budget and a time limit, but i really feel these limits should have not been there. I prefer that Ubi takes it's time with this game and give it really the treatment a franchise this old deserves. Not treated as dirt just like H6.

Remember this is just an idea and i am really curious others think about it. Maybe you'll could add some ideas of your own or give better advise.

And i really think you should have given us more info or some ideas of the creatures for the voting (don't forget the info about abilites and stats too), because now the voting seems to be about nostalgia.

logical.dust
09-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Hey Ubi. Just an idea. I would like to have the idea where you can choose multiple creature building but have to choose between the 2 (just like in H4 and like the way it is with champions now). This will increase the replayability and also could please a lot of fans.
I know there is a budget and a time limit, but i really feel these limits should have not been there. I prefer that Ubi takes it's time with this game and give it really the treatment a franchise this old deserves. Not treated as dirt just like H6.

Remember this is just an idea and i am really curious others think about it. Maybe you'll could add some ideas of your own or give better advise.

And i really think you should have given us more info or some ideas of the creatures for the voting (don't forget the info about abilites and stats too), because now the voting seems to be about nostalgia.

I totally agree that there should be more choices about what to build. However I would not make it impossible to build both. Just make it impractical to do so. If both dwellings cost lets say 30 mercury, you would have to have 60 to build both (unupgraded). If tech tree is really wide player would have plenty paths to take. Doing everything would take very long time. The way H4 did it seems not greatest idea to me, because part of units you never seen and wrong decision could cost you game. H4 overall was not very praised by fans. Hard to tell what was the real reason.

RobvD84
09-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I totally agree that there should be more choices about what to build. However I would not make it impossible to build both. Just make it impractical to do so. If both dwellings cost lets say 30 mercury, you would have to have 60 to build both (unupgraded). If tech tree is really wide player would have plenty paths to take. Doing everything would take very long time. The way H4 did it seems not greatest idea to me, because part of units you never seen and wrong decision could cost you game. H4 overall was not very praised by fans. Hard to tell what was the real reason.

Well i really missed the option to destroy a building and then build an other building in H4. That was something i disliked the most about H4 (i still enjoyed H4 tho), that your enemies build a creature building that didn't make any sense (because of map settings and such) or that you didn't like. But if you could destroy it and choose a different bulding instead, that would change a lot. Don't know if refunding (for half the price or something) is a good idea. Also having 14 creatures to recruit is a bit too much, but i think if you could choose wich one you want to build (ofcourse choosing a core for a core, elite for elite etc..) and together with the ability to destroy and rebuilding a building is a big improvement. And like i said it can please a lot of fans. For example take the Sylvan line-up, if you put al the creatures in the game and have the ability to build the creature dwellings for the creatures you want. Like having the Unicorn and the phoenix in the same army.
But i also know this is not going to happen, i think the M&M staff is already too far with the game to implement this, but one can hope.

logical.dust
09-14-2014, 12:05 AM
Yes, the problem with alternate dwellings is exactly that you wish sometimes that you could destroy it and build other one. If everything is made possible to build for reasonable price there is not such problem (you are limited by economic factor - just as in life). 14 creatures also does not have to be problem if you can only put 7-8 in army (you can make the decision any time - you can make fast army or defensive one). I would say some of creatures could have alternates (to please all fans). Balance is really no issue here I think. In H4 this approach was chosen because heroes were part of battle and they took some army slots, so there was no need for so many creatures.

Overall I do not like what is happening with HOMM on the mmh7 forums. Completely wrong questions are being asked in the pools and people are totaly unconstructively arguing. 1.2k posts in just 2 days... I think that ubisoft made big mistake by making this game in unreal engine - it is quite obvious what can we expect - better graphics, scripted campaign, less factions, less complexity, less ingame interactions, no mechanics improvements, many units replacements (for no reason), no random maps, no editor, only few scenario maps available. I would be very surprised if any of points above was any diferent. I just hope that it would be at least as good as H5. It definetly should have been much better as there is tremendous amout of fan feedback which is for some reason being completely ignored. O well...

RobvD84
09-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Well about the feedback, i think the problem is that the HC forums became the main forums for the devs to communicate. I haven't seen them on the Ubi forums at all, wich is weird because this is the official forum for H7. But if you look at the H7 site most of the ppl are for some reason not going to the HC forums. For me it is more that i don't want to make a new account just to give my opinions or ideas or to do it on 3 different sites. I mean i thought they said the H7 site was meant for communication with the devs and to help them create the best Heroes game (doesn't mean it will become the best game), but the site isn't even finished and the site really suffers to have some kind of a forum or better yet let it link with this forum or atleast that the forums get shown there too.
Next to that ever since H6 came out i have a feeling Ubi doesn't really cares about these Heroes forums. But that is just a feeling.