PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo

DynastyEmpire
09-12-2014, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-M0vdiDBs&list=PLBnrd5k2F2IODiFLeeKT7vfXaf7BWfvos

I was surprise to the heist.

Cool mission too.

What do you think of this?

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

JustPlainQuirky
09-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Maybe nice way to get cash.

But will lose its charm fast.

Megas_Doux
09-12-2014, 09:21 PM
The whole hud thing looked kinda gamey, but the mission was fine.

ze_topazio
09-12-2014, 09:24 PM
^ Well, it is a game.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-12-2014, 09:26 PM
I liked it. I hope it's really difficult to complete the mission solo.

Kakuzu745
09-12-2014, 09:26 PM
It looked fun...as Mayrice said it will probably get old quite fast but the idea is still nice.

SixKeys
09-12-2014, 09:27 PM
It looked oddly boring to me. There were barely any guards or other obstacles that specifically required teamwork, nothing that required strategizing with your comrade and they got out after retrieving one chest. Why would you even show something that dull? The E3 demo was a lot better in terms of showing off what new things co-op will bring to the game.

I dislike how big the icons are on top of your teammates heads. They could just replace them with small, differently colored circles instead of those huge assassin symbols.

Bastiaen
09-12-2014, 09:35 PM
We managed to pull off Co-op heists before GTA 5!
Huge win for AC.
This looks like a ton of fun. Looking forward to sneaking with you guys!
Seriously though, I'm so burnt out with a lot of games right now, but AC still never burns me! I can't wait for this game. This fall is barren but for ACU, ACRo, and DAI.
2 more months!!!!

The wait is killing me!!!

Also, I don't think that heists will get old too fast what with randomized guard and loot locations. Should make for unique experience each time.

killzab
09-12-2014, 09:44 PM
This video is so dark ! I can barely make out anything .

Sushiglutton
09-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Looks solid. It's not my type of AC enviroment (dark and gritty, prefer Versaille :) ), but it's obviously great with variety.

m4r-k7
09-12-2014, 10:00 PM
I loved the new hidden blade assassination animations! I love how many different animations there are for assassinations...I must have seen like more than 6 hidden blade animations throughout all the demo's put together when usually there is like 2 in each game.. (for normal assassinations)

harsab
09-12-2014, 10:14 PM
The end of that demo though? That skyline though...AMAZING! I'm getting really impatient now, want this game ASAP.

Landruner
09-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Here is the link to the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-M0vdiDBs&list=PLBnrd5k2F2IODiFLeeKT7vfXaf7BWfvos

i was surprise to the heist.

cool mission too.

what do you think of this?

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

That mission looks kinda cool - My only problem is with the game HUD interface - They are too many icons around and too many flashy adds and tutorial info..
Why do that franchise needs to take its players by the hands all the time?

pacmanate
09-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Very disappointed.

Firstly the video is too dark
Secondly why show it from Amancio's point of view? He did NOTHING interesting. DPauze gdid all the "interesting stuff" (aka kill guards), all this demo showed was the crouch mechanic in full force.
Third it showed that there was no teamwork, it was "one guy kills, other follows"

If they showed it from DPauze's perspective it would have been more interesting to watch and if it wasn't so dark then.. we could see stuff.

Sushiglutton
09-12-2014, 10:25 PM
That mission looks kinda cool - My only problem is with the game HUD interface - They are too many icons around and too many flashy adds and tutorial info..
Why do that franchise needs to take its players by the hands all the time?

To be fair though many of those things are likely possible to turn off the option menu. We have also asked a lot for more HUD customization options after AC4 and hopefully we will see some improvments in Unity!

Bastiaen
09-12-2014, 10:29 PM
This video is so dark ! I can barely make out anything .

It's one of those moments where I'll have to turn up the brightness to render a game playable! Still looks great.... from what I can actually see.

Hmmm.... Kind of wishing for co-op assassinations, kind of like the shared mark and execute in Splinter Cell. I guess we can always just synch our kills.

Ureh
09-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Kinda felt sad that lockpicking skill seems obsolete (in that particular mission).

Otherwise the heist looks like a nice end-game side activity that encourages stealth (especially if the penalty is considerable).

m4r-k7
09-12-2014, 10:31 PM
I have always said for this game that I am buying it primarily for the single player. I love the new gameplay additions I see in terms of core mechanics, for me co-op stuff is just an add-on which I will only play if my friends get the game as well. Playing with random people will suck so much.

pacmanate
09-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Am I the only person who though this was boring?

It just looked like one guy followed the other.

JustPlainQuirky
09-12-2014, 10:36 PM
I thought it was pretty boring.

Namikaze_17
09-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Meh...it looked pretty dark to see anything.

But overall, it was alright... I wonder how this would be if you had a friend that sucks at AC? :rolleyes:

Ureh
09-12-2014, 10:46 PM
I think it's one step up from the usual end-game content we usually get. Sorta like a mini-fort from AC3 that refreshes itself.

pacmanate
09-12-2014, 10:48 PM
But overall, it was alright... I wonder how this would be if you had a friend that sucks at AC? :rolleyes:

Just do what they did in the demo, the person in front does all the work and the second person follows you from 10 metres behind.

egriffin09
09-12-2014, 10:48 PM
It looked sort of fun. I know the game is set in Paris. But this trailer gave me more of a London vibe. Maybe it's just me.

I liked the dark & gritty feeling this trailer gave off. Nice contrast to the last gamescom demo which was during the day. And the skyline at the end was amazing.

I like the fact that Paris has the potential to have two totally different vibes during day and night cycle.

rob.davies2014
09-12-2014, 10:49 PM
The heist looks like a really cool part of the game.
The downside of this demo was that it was quite dark :/ Couldn't really see what was happening in some parts.

Wolfmeister1010
09-12-2014, 10:49 PM
So, I am loving the new heist gameplay.

Pros:

1.I love how dark and gloomy and foggy the environment is..people in comments are complaining about how you can’t see anything but I think it adds immersion to the gameplay. You have to use your eagle sense.

I love the animation in this game. It is awesome.. his air assassination and high profile one were amazing!.
Customization looks sweet
Cover really seems useful.
The lighting and reflections are AMAZING
Lock picking skill looks simple and un-frustrating enough

Cons:

Why do the hay stacks look like low res mashed potatoes?
Lower texture quality and render distance, same as Gamescom demo. I am hoping is just console graphics. They only downgrades I see are slightly lower texture quality, and a decreased render distance, which are both classic differences between console and PC.
I still don’t know why they made the camera for crouching off center..I guess I can get used to it.
The phantom blade projectile has a weird white outline to it..

Bastiaen
09-12-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm loving how the music seems to be pulling themes from all the previous games. I've gotten stuff that felt like ACB, and Rogue has some stuff that reminds me of ACR, but the music in this demo feels a lot like AC3, which is a good thing if you ask me.

Namikaze_17
09-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Just do what they did in the demo, the person in front does all the work and the second person follows you from 10 metres behind.

So I'm doing all the work? :(

pacmanate
09-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Cover really seems useful.

Disagree, they didn't need to crouch for most if not all the underground section. Unless there is a sound system then crouching is purely cosmetic and for staying under low obstacles as apposed to making less noise which is what it should be

Namikaze_17
09-12-2014, 11:03 PM
The whole thing just felt meh...

I can't wait to see the negative aspects to co-op and black box missions. :rolleyes:

SlyTrooper
09-12-2014, 11:07 PM
The demo was only good for showing how the gameplay has improved. The mission itself wasn't that interesting.

ACfan443
09-12-2014, 11:23 PM
The black crush was an absolute eyesore, I struggled to make out any detail in the sewers. Demo in general was dull and boring, the mission was far too short and simplistic. I kinda wish it wasn't released to the public.

Ureh
09-12-2014, 11:37 PM
It's a little weird that the hay bale gets covered in dust/ash after amancio used eagle vision. Also why did dpauze have his sword unsheathed when he did the leap of faith?

EmbodyingSeven5
09-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Really loved that armor. Looks better than original. More detail. Gave me some ezio armor nostaligia

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Not that great. Pretty straightforward stealth, didn't demonstrate actual co-operation. Rather dull truth be told.

And I had no problem seeing things.

Legendz54
09-13-2014, 12:53 AM
It was really dark and dingy, Couldn't see what was happening that much, Watched 2 guys crawl around for 4 mins.

Wolfmeister1010
09-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Disagree, they didn't need to crouch for most if not all the underground section. Unless there is a sound system then crouching is purely cosmetic and for staying under low obstacles as apposed to making less noise which is what it should be

You must not have heard when they said that crouching helps you detect where enemies are on minima.also, it lets you hide behind barrels and drawers, something that is EXTREMELY useful.

Was it necessarily needed in this demo? A few times in the beginning but not afterward

Ureh
09-13-2014, 03:18 AM
Gotta say I really love the sewers they've shown so far. I already like the tunnels from AC3, but ACU's easily surpass them.

I keep on staring at the graffiti around 1:44-48 and I really can't make out the words. Also there looks to be a picture? or is just random splatter? :p

Wolfmeister1010
09-13-2014, 03:35 AM
I don't get why people are so irked by the darkness. I think it is PERFECT. The atmosphere of this city is amazing..the entire color scheme changes based on the day! You don't expect a 18th century gloomy sewer at night time to be well lit do you? In fact it was very well lit for its location.

Namikaze_17
09-13-2014, 03:41 AM
The problem for me is that I could barely see the video...

Otherwise, it was fine I guess...

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 04:28 AM
I don't get why people are so irked by the darkness. I think it is PERFECT. The atmosphere of this city is amazing..the entire color scheme changes based on the day! You don't expect a 18th century gloomy sewer at night time to be well lit do you? In fact it was very well lit for its location.

This demo was one step closer to my Victorian London. :rolleyes:

...It will happen, friends.

---------------------------------------

Anyway, I liked the demo. And I appreciate the fact that we're using an upgraded Arno this time. The usual grey coated robe was becoming stale.

Also, I'd love to have torches back like in AC:3. (not during heist missions of course) Iunno why, but I love using torches when exploring dark areas. It was my favorite new feature in DS2.

Namikaze_17
09-13-2014, 05:14 AM
Fatal, we are but among the few that want that...

naumaan
09-13-2014, 06:18 AM
that was awesome .. i think its probably a lot better ... however i dont know if i can enjoy it without any friends like this .. it will be to difficult to play ...

and bdw what happened to "there will be no night period in the game"

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 06:25 AM
that was awesome .. i think its probably a lot better ... however i dont know if i can enjoy it without any friends like this .. it will be to difficult to play ...

and bdw what happened to "there will be no night period in the game"

There will be night and day, but it won't change it in real time.

Aphex_Tim
09-13-2014, 06:26 AM
Dat outfit doe <3

joelsantos24
09-13-2014, 07:59 AM
It looked oddly boring to me. There were barely any guards or other obstacles that specifically required teamwork, nothing that required strategizing with your comrade and they got out after retrieving one chest. Why would you even show something that dull? The E3 demo was a lot better in terms of showing off what new things co-op will bring to the game.

I dislike how big the icons are on top of your teammates heads. They could just replace them with small, differently colored circles instead of those huge assassin symbols.
Well, it's just one type of Heist mission, I bet they won't be all that easy. Plus, Amancio did emphasize that these type of missions are highly randomized, so even if you replay them, things will be very different. Being dull or not, wasn't the point, the purpose was to demonstrate the new type of mission. That's it. If it's dull or not, that's another matter entirely.

It's one of those moments where I'll have to turn up the brightness to render a game playable! Still looks great.... from what I can actually see.

Hmmm.... Kind of wishing for co-op assassinations, kind of like the shared mark and execute in Splinter Cell. I guess we can always just synch our kills.
But it kind of makes sense, doesn't it? You'd expect these environments to be quite dark. I had the same issues in AC2, but I wasn't expecting the streets to be blooming with light. After all, candle or lamp light was all they had back then.

SixKeys
09-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Well, it's just one type of Heist mission, I bet they won't be all that easy. Plus, Amancio did emphasize that these type of missions are highly randomized, so even if you replay them, things will be very different. Being dull or not, wasn't the point, the purpose was to demonstrate the new type of mission. That's it. If it's dull or not, that's another matter entirely.

But surely as a dev you should demonstrate stuff that will really get people hyped for the game? The majority of people in this thread at least are just talking about how boring it was and how it's too dark to see what's going on. Why would you show your fans something that just makes your game look bad? I was excited about the heist missions before, now I'm more hesitant since this one didn't look exciting at all.

But it kind of makes sense, doesn't it? You'd expect these environments to be quite dark. I had the same issues in AC2, but I wasn't expecting the streets to be blooming with light. After all, candle or lamp light was all they had back then.

There are ways in which good art direction can make a game both visually atmospheric and also make it easy for players to see what they're doing. Gor example by always having just enough of a light source falling on the player character that there's an outline around him. The outline doesn't have to be unrealistic or obtrusive, just enough to make it easier to see what you're doing. AC3's underground sections were absolutely infuriating at times because it was possible to approach from the "wrong" direction, where solving a puzzle would leave Connor unable to carry the lamp. The player could get stuck in this extremely dark maze without a light. In those cases using Eagle Vision was the only way to kind of be able to see in the dark, but it left you vulnerable to enemies and gave you a headache in the long run. Designing a realistic dark environment doesn't have to mean - and shouldn't mean - leaving the player practically blind.

Also, watching the video I can already tell I'm not going to be a huge fan of the co-op. I just can't stand other people messing with my approach. There were a couple of times in the video where Amancio's character was taking it slowly, looked like he was strategizing his next move, and his companion started heading out to kill guards on his own. I wanted to scream "no, you ***, don't run off by yourself, you'll ruin everything!". And I wasn't even the one playing. :p I like the feeling of being in control in AC and co-op just seems to go against that.

jeordievera
09-13-2014, 08:36 AM
This demo was one step closer to my Victorian London. :rolleyes:

...It will happen, friends.

---------------------------------------

Anyway, I liked the demo. And I appreciate the fact that we're using an upgraded Arno this time. The usual grey coated robe was becoming stale.

Also, I'd love to have torches back like in AC:3. (not during heist missions of course) Iunno why, but I love using torches when exploring dark areas. It was my favorite new feature in DS2.

Torches were cool I really liked them but yeah not for heist, wouldn't be really sneaky running around waving your torche :)
On the other hand it gets really dark in the tunnels, I think I might have slight problem with finding my way back but that's the meaning of the missions I guess ;)

joelsantos24
09-13-2014, 08:57 AM
But surely as a dev you should demonstrate stuff that will really get people hyped for the game? The majority of people in this thread at least are just talking about how boring it was and how it's too dark to see what's going on. Why would you show your fans something that just makes your game look bad? I was excited about the heist missions before, now I'm more hesitant since this one didn't look exciting at all.

There are ways in which good art direction can make a game both visually atmospheric and also make it easy for players to see what they're doing. Gor example by always having just enough of a light source falling on the player character that there's an outline around him. The outline doesn't have to be unrealistic or obtrusive, just enough to make it easier to see what you're doing. AC3's underground sections were absolutely infuriating at times because it was possible to approach from the "wrong" direction, where solving a puzzle would leave Connor unable to carry the lamp. The player could get stuck in this extremely dark maze without a light. In those cases using Eagle Vision was the only way to kind of be able to see in the dark, but it left you vulnerable to enemies and gave you a headache in the long run. Designing a realistic dark environment doesn't have to mean - and shouldn't mean - leaving the player practically blind.

Also, watching the video I can already tell I'm not going to be a huge fan of the co-op. I just can't stand other people messing with my approach. There were a couple of times in the video where Amancio's character was taking it slowly, looked like he was strategizing his next move, and his companion started heading out to kill guards on his own. I wanted to scream "no, you ***, don't run off by yourself, you'll ruin everything!". And I wasn't even the one playing. :p I like the feeling of being in control in AC and co-op just seems to go against that.
I agree with most of what you wrote.

Sure, they could've found another Heist mission to promote the game, one far more engaging. That's one of the factors that annoyed me in Black Flag, for instance. There's a very delicate balance between fun and difficulty, and with so many guards around in AC4, it was nearly impossible to remain undetected throughout the game and still make it fun. I wanted to burn my copy of AC4, the first time I played it. That says it all. So, I see no problem with easier missions, particularly the Heist missions, which purpose is to enable us to make some (easy) money. Of course, provided they are fun to play.

As for the dark environments, I agree. There are surely ways to keep it dark and obscure, because such environments were exactly that, but still make it easy for us to know what we're actually doing. Eagle Vision in AC2 and all the way to AC3, made it possible for us to look around and actually know where we were and where to go. But in AC4, it was horrible. And let's face it, Eagle Vision has a very important and useful purpose, but it's highly limited, when it's being used for orientation.

Regarding co-op, I'm with you. But that's an old issue, and one not easily bypassed. It's one thing to play with real friends, emphasis on friends. It's another to play with anyone who's around at that specific time. In my experience, it's unfathomably difficult to synchronize our actions, even with real friends, and even while using your headsets. And at some point, you'll always go your own way and try to do your own thing. So, ultimately, it doesn't really surprise me. I think we're gonna have lots of complaints about co-op, after the game is released. It's a wonderful idea, as a concept, but highly fallible.

Matt.mc
09-13-2014, 09:59 AM
My thoughts on the demo.
I liked how it opened up, with the mission brief.
The Leap of Faith looked weird. I think it's because in the old games the animation was you would jump basically horizontally until you were over the haystack then go straight down but now it seems that its more on an angle. The haystacks look worse than any others to me.
I don't think I'll be upgrading Eagle Vision (Pulse/Sense) because it looks way to easy from this demo. I don't mind if you can see through walls when using it but after you turn it off you shouldn't be able to. I also don't like how colourful they are...minor knit pick I guess.

I feel the enemy Alex kills should have noticed when the teammate Assassinates the first guard. Oh and there's a few plants spawning...hopefully that's fixed by the games release.
I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the darkness but I guess as a fan of Splinter Cell I LOVE how dark it is! One thing I never really liked about the previous instalments because even at night it looked too bright to me.
I'm personally not a fan of the outfit, but hey, that's fine by me!
One thing that really annoys me is that for the past few months Alex n co have been saying on and on how their missions aren't going to be liner like the old games...but this level is way too linear.
Really liked the Assassination animations! I really like how when doing a low profile kill they stay standing for a few seconds so you can slip away before people realise they've been killed. The double air assassination and the high profile one at the end were both amazingly awesome.

One thing I wonder about is if you can be detected by your footsteps, like it you're walking around I hope the AI can hear you and turn around, especially if you're running too!

The HUD....guhh..it aint good. I hope it's customizable to the max, I don't want my health, buttons, tips...well pretty much all I want is to have the map! But even then if the high ground feature is good I'll probably just use that.

SixKeys
09-13-2014, 10:28 AM
One thing that really annoys me is that for the past few months Alex n co have been saying on and on how their missions aren't going to be liner like the old games...but this level is way too linear.

It's not linear. They just chose to show a certain route in this demo. If you look at the minimap, you can see there's lots more tunnels and more loot to be gathered, they just don't do it in this demo, probably so as not to spoil the entire level.

Matt.mc
09-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Good point.

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 10:39 AM
The HUD....guhh..it aint good. I hope it's customizable to the max, I don't want my health, buttons, tips...well pretty much all I want is to have the map! But even then if the high ground feature is good I'll probably just use that.

Aesthetically, it's the worse in the series. :(

Matt.mc
09-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Aesthetically, it's the worse in the series. :(

I guess so. I LOVED AC III's hud. The way the face buttons and the weapons were in one corner with the health, map and money is the other. It was so simple! Why put crap in every corner of the screen!?

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I guess so. I LOVED AC III's hud. The way the face buttons and the weapons were in one corner with the health, map and money is the other. It was so simple! Why put crap in every corner of the screen!?

I agree, 100%.

And while AC:3's HUD was neat and compressed, I wish they had gone with the leaked HUD instead.

http://gamebomb.ru/files/galleries/001/a/a1/57725.jpg

Aside from a slightly bigger puppeteer icon on the right, the way they mixed both the notoriety and health bar with the mini-map was amazing and looks twice as good as what the retail came with.

[EDIT] Comparing them again, it looks like it was the Brotherhood System that was mixed into the mini-map. Well, either way, that's my dream HUD.

http://www.abload.de/img/ac3sp2012-11-3008-45-oiumx.png

Unity's health bars was a missed opportunity. They could have set the health bar above or around the rectangle mini-map or try something more innovative.

Matt.mc
09-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Damn that's a beautiful HUD...
I think the reason they went with what they did with Unity was because of the whole "Bringing it back to the roots" thing they're going for.

But...come on Ubi. Look at this...it isn't right!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bhIA1gsEpig/maxresdefault.jpg

[EDIT] having looked at the Unity HUD once again I'm going to remove the face buttons from the top right, the objectives above the map, probably the weapons and the health because you'll know when you're about to die.

Matt.mc
09-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Edit

Landruner
09-13-2014, 11:52 AM
To be fair though many of those things are likely possible to turn off the option menu. We have also asked a lot for more HUD customization options after AC4 and hopefully we will see some improvments in Unity!

Let's hope that you are right, but I remember that after AC3 we asked a lot of things that did not make it in AC4 too.

GoldenBoy9999
09-13-2014, 12:01 PM
I think the reason people think it's boring is because the mission was so linear. I mean, you can hardly get any more linear than straight tunnels. It was like, walk some feet and kill a guy while your partner has nothing to do. If the mission had been set in a courtyard, then it would've been like the first part of the mission, far less linear, and have more chances for both players to do things. I don't know why the devs decided to showcase this mission.

Matt.mc
09-13-2014, 12:04 PM
I think the reason people think it's boring is because the mission was so linear. I mean, you can hardly get any more linear than straight tunnels. It was like, walk some feet and kill a guy while your partner has nothing to do. If the mission had been set in a courtyard, then it would've been like the first part of the mission, far less linear, and have more chances for both players to do things. I don't know why the devs decided to showcase this mission.

They should've said at that end of the demo, "It's all up hill from here...honest."

m4r-k7
09-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Paris at night was awesome!! I hope the weather is incredible like it was in AC 4.

I want this...
http://i.imgur.com/MsksIZy.gif

In AC Unity.

HiddenKiller612
09-13-2014, 01:07 PM
I can't wait to play these missions..... solo.

Landruner
09-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Paris at night was awesome!! I hope the weather is incredible like it was in AC 4.

I want this...
http://i.imgur.com/MsksIZy.gif

In AC Unity.

I read somewhere (Kotaku, I believe) that it will be no day and light and weather cycle in ACU?

m4r-k7
09-13-2014, 01:19 PM
There will definitely be weather as in the making of video Amancio said that there was rain and showed us water droplets

SlyTrooper
09-13-2014, 03:47 PM
I hope we're not stuck in one specific time at the end of the game. They should make it so there is a day & night cycle once it is completed.

joelsantos24
09-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Damn that's a beautiful HUD...
I think the reason they went with what they did with Unity was because of the whole "Bringing it back to the roots" thing they're going for.

But...come on Ubi. Look at this...it isn't right!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bhIA1gsEpig/maxresdefault.jpg

[EDIT] having looked at the Unity HUD once again I'm going to remove the face buttons from the top right, the objectives above the map, probably the weapons and the health because you'll know when you're about to die.
What the...? What is your problem with the HUD? That's awesome. Exactly what I ever wanted.

- The goals are there to keep you in mind of what you need to do or what's missing;
- The health bar is indispensable, and obviously self-explanatory;
- The map, again, obviously indispensable;
- The weapons are important for us to know what's selected (how many times have fans complained about screwing up an assassination because they forgot to select the hidden blade?);
- The high and low-profile actions are also obviously important;

The HUD includes everything that's important and relevant for our gameplay, so I really don't see any reason whatsoever for people to go all OCD on it. It looks amazing, in my opinion.

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 04:31 PM
The HUD includes everything that's important and relevant for our gameplay, so I really don't see any reason whatsoever for people to go all OCD on it. It looks amazing, in my opinion.

Subjective opinions.

wvstolzing
09-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Not every demo needs to be 'mind blowing'; this was a fine little demo for a simple side-mission -- and we even got to see a couple of new features (e.g. the lockpicking *minigame*).

SlyTrooper
09-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I loved the double air assassination animation. It's good to see some style in the execution. And look at those next-gen ladder climbing animations... fancy. :)

Aphex_Tim
09-13-2014, 05:15 PM

A good HUD should tell you what you what you need to know, when you need to know it with as few elements as possible. Even better if it disappears temporarily if there's no need for it. But it seems AC doesn't really follow this rule. Especially AC4 went way over the top with the HUD. We got face buttons in the top right corner as well as button prompts ingame that tell us the exact same thing. The selected weapon icons light up if there's an opportunity to use them and the face buttons in the corner tell you so as well. Again, two main HUD elements that tell us the exact same thing. If we need to kill a target, we get to see the objective above the minimap, an objective marker on the minimap and an objective marker ingame. that's THREE elements that tell us to do one thing. None of that is necessary and it's just annoying!
When AC:U was first shown to us, I got excited since it seemed there were little to no HUD elements but the more gameplay vids I see, the more I fear Unity will fall into the same trap again!

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Simple solution: turn off the HUD completely or just the elements you don't like.

Geez.

Aphex_Tim
09-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Well it would be that simple if you could turn all that stuff off individually. In AC4 for example, I tried to turn off everything except ingame objective markers and weapon selection. Couldn't be done.

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Simple solution: turn off the HUD completely or just the elements you don't like.

Geez.

That needs to be worked on, honestly.

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 06:08 PM
That needs to be worked on, honestly.

Ah, okay. It's just in ACIV I was fine because I could turn off everything but the mini-map so I didn't realise there were shortcomings.

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 06:25 PM
I just wish the HUDs are made to be very minimal that I don’t need to turn anything on and then feel lost. There’s a big difference when you can for example, toggle a Black and White effect or the whole game is tailored to be black and white.

joelsantos24
09-13-2014, 08:47 PM
A good HUD should tell you what you what you need to know, when you need to know it with as few elements as possible. Even better if it disappears temporarily if there's no need for it. But it seems AC doesn't really follow this rule. Especially AC4 went way over the top with the HUD. We got face buttons in the top right corner as well as button prompts ingame that tell us the exact same thing. The selected weapon icons light up if there's an opportunity to use them and the face buttons in the corner tell you so as well. Again, two main HUD elements that tell us the exact same thing. If we need to kill a target, we get to see the objective above the minimap, an objective marker on the minimap and an objective marker ingame. that's THREE elements that tell us to do one thing. None of that is necessary and it's just annoying!
When AC:U was first shown to us, I got excited since it seemed there were little to no HUD elements but the more gameplay vids I see, the more I fear Unity will fall into the same trap again!
Honestly, I like it just the way it is, and hopefully, it will remain that way. To enable editing would be a good way to solve this problem, that way, everyone who has issues with it could just turn it off.

Subjective opinions.
As are all.

Sushiglutton
09-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Ah, okay. It's just in ACIV I was fine because I could turn off everything but the mini-map so I didn't realise there were shortcomings.

Did you ever know what was in any of the chests you opened :p?

Shahkulu101
09-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Did you ever know what was in any of the chests you opened :p?

Now that you mention it I did turn SSI back on because for that very reason...and the fact the human shield prompt never showed up.

SixKeys
09-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Did the chests' content really matter though? All you got from them was money and sometimes ammo, and in AC games you're rarely in short supply of either.

With that said, I'm all for being able to disable every single HUD element.

zkorejo
09-14-2014, 07:33 AM
Well.. that seems easy. I wont call it a heist. ts just getting in, killing a few guards stealthily and looting the chest. Something we will get to do during the whole game for collectibles. I was expecting something deeper.

Sushiglutton
09-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Did the chests' content really matter though? All you got from them was money and sometimes ammo, and in AC games you're rarely in short supply of either.

With that said, I'm all for being able to disable every single HUD element.

In AC4 they contained upgrade plans for the Jackdaw, or so I'm told ;).

SixKeys
09-14-2014, 10:28 AM
In AC4 they contained upgrade plans for the Jackdaw, or so I'm told ;).

Oh yeah, I forgot. I just visited the harbormaster occasionally and checked which parts were upgradeable, so I knew I must have collected the plans at some point.

SlyTrooper
09-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Dids anyone notice that when Arno crouched there was an icon next to the phantom blade that said 'RT'? Does that mean that it switches from LB to RT whenever we enter stealth? If that is the case, it could become difficult when trying to sprint from a crouching position because you would have to stand up first rather than just transition.

Matt.mc
09-14-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't think that's the case. I think it's reload.
Because as soon as he fires the phantom blade half of the icon line goes down, which also makes me think that you can upgrade the phantom blade to two shots without reloading, anyway you see at 1:43 the RT goes away and the icon "fills" up again. Then again at 2:50 when he shoots again it shows up again.

SlyTrooper
09-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't think that's the case. I think it's reload.
Because as soon as he fires the phantom blade half of the icon line goes down, which also makes me think that you can upgrade the phantom blade to two shots without reloading, anyway you see at 1:43 the RT goes away and the icon "fills" up again. Then again at 2:50 when he shoots again it shows up again.

Ah, good. Thanks for telling me that. You've got a good eye. :)

Hans684
09-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Ah, good. Thanks for telling me that. You've got a good eye. :)

An eagle eye.

king-hailz
09-14-2014, 07:21 PM
I just noticed that they have shown nothing of Paris but that little area new notre dame.

dimbismp
09-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I just noticed that they have shown nothing of Paris but that little area new notre dame.
And louxembourg palace at the E3 co-op demo.Indeed,the other 3 demos took place near Notre-Dame

SixKeys
09-14-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't mind. The world of ACU is much bigger than the previous games', so even though they've only shown Notre Dame and its surroundings, they've done it from many different angles, so it doesn't get boring.

lothario-da-be
09-14-2014, 08:09 PM
2 Possible reasons why.
- The rest of Paris sucks/ isn't finished yet.
- They want to surprise us.
I guess it's reason 2 because there is no way they will f*ch Paris up. They made Constantinople in 10 months this is a 4 year project.

Aphex_Tim
09-14-2014, 08:15 PM
The less they show us, the better. ;) There's no fun in exploring if you've seen everything already.

ACfan443
09-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I guess it's reason 2 because there is no way they will f*ch Paris up. They made Constantinople in 10 months this is a 4 year project.

Good point. Plus they procedurally generated Paris so I don't see why it would still be unfinished at this point. They also said that with the house block tool they were able to get the city up and running fairly quickly.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-14-2014, 09:16 PM
The less they show us, the better. ;) There's no fun in exploring if you've seen everything already.

My thoughts exactly, which is why I try to stay away from the "behind the scenes" videos and such.

LoyalACFan
09-15-2014, 04:53 AM
TBH this mission looks pretty fun, but not in co-op. I honestly don't see the point of having another player there, especially when you have a silent ranged weapon (which honestly has me kind of worried it'll be a repeat of the crossbow, it has a ludicrously long quickfire distance). But I'm not generally interested in co-op/multiplayer anyway unless I'm playing on a couch with a real-world friend beside me, so there's that.

Other than that though, it looked really good. Atmosphere is AMAZING.

jeordievera
09-15-2014, 08:52 AM
TBH this mission looks pretty fun, but not in co-op. I honestly don't see the point of having another player there, especially when you have a silent ranged weapon (which honestly has me kind of worried it'll be a repeat of the crossbow, it has a ludicrously long quickfire distance). But I'm not generally interested in co-op/multiplayer anyway unless I'm playing on a couch with a real-world friend beside me, so there's that.

Other than that though, it looked really good. Atmosphere is AMAZING.
Yeah the mission is pretty easy for a co-op but maybe its one of the easiest ones. And to me I don't see a point in playing the heist mission in co-op because the less people to play the lower chance of getting discovered and loosing your loot.

shobhit7777777
09-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Boring as ****

Again with the AC3/4 mission design - Assassins doing a Sam Fisher.

I'd rather the heist sandbox be a large open area with bustling crowds and all the avenues of approach available to the player. While sneaking around (properly) is new for AC...its certainly not a fresh experience for me.

I've done this in several coop stealth/action games....two of which are in the Ubisoft stable.

Ureh
09-15-2014, 04:56 PM
It looks like there're plenty of ways to get into those part of the sewers. There seemed to be a way in from under the bridge, the way they came from, and the way that they exited the demo. Possibly more.

Also around 2:33 there were blue dots on the map. I'm guessing they might represent protectors? Maybe there's a way to lure them into the heist area and use them as distraction? :p