PDA

View Full Version : Unity has never been playable for the public?

Sushiglutton
09-08-2014, 06:58 PM
I was checking some news and noted for upcoming EGX that Rogue will once again be playable, while Unity will not (http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/08/egx-2014-assassins-creed-unity-far-cry-4-and-lords-of-the-fallen-playable-at-the-show/).

Since Unity is the flagship title, it's a little odd imo. Is this cause to be worried (can't help but to think of the two weeks delay as well)? Has any AC game in recent years not been playable for the public prior to release? Do you think the devs are working like crrrrrazy to hit the deadline?

(I think there was a multiplayer demo for the press at PAX?).

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Wow I hopee this is not the case...would hate to see Unity completely rushed. I do not want another game with great potential that lacks stuff in the final product.

m4r-k7
09-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I was thinking that too. I am really suprised as AC 4 was playable at last years gaming events.

Either they want it to be secret so everyone is really suprised with the gameplay when they get it

OR

Its still not in a playable state / tons of glitches are in the game at the moment

or another reason that I don't know lol

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 08:16 PM
If it is because of glitches or something like that...please delay it more but give us an outstanding product.

FourDea123
09-08-2014, 08:16 PM
well game journos have palyed it and said it was good so im not too worried

LeVoyageur07
09-08-2014, 08:22 PM
You guys worry too much.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I think it was playable at PAX, i remember an IGN video talking about it.

Sushiglutton
09-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Either they want it to be secret so everyone is really suprised with the gameplay when they get it

Let's hope so :)!

If it is because of glitches or something like that...please delay it more but give us an outstanding product.

Agree! Much rather have the game release in spring than it being rushed/incomplete etc. Fingers crossed!

You guys worry too much.

Got one thing to say to you:

Assassin's Creed 3 :nonchalance:

I think it was playable at PAX, i remember an IGN video talking about it.

Yeah I think the co-op was playable for the press as it says in the OP :).

Landruner
09-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I was checking some news and noted for upcoming EGX that Rogue will once again be playable, while Unity will not (http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/08/egx-2014-assassins-creed-unity-far-cry-4-and-lords-of-the-fallen-playable-at-the-show/).

Since Unity is the flagship title, it's a little odd imo. Is this cause to be worried (can't help but to think of the two weeks delay as well)? Has any AC game in recent years not been playable for the public prior to release? Do you think the devs are working like crrrrrazy to hit the deadline?

(I think there was a multiplayer demo for the press at PAX?).

Hummm! it smells like the CocoCreed #3!

Dag_B
09-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Weren't there two demos on gamescom? One for Co-Op and one for singleplayer? And a third one, that was not for the public?

wvstolzing
09-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Arkham Knight's official release date has been announced, and it's June 2nd.

I'd go out of my mind if ACU gets that kind of delay.

Shahkulu101
09-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Delays like that are good to see.

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 10:57 PM
If the final product is as good as Asylum and City delay it a couple of months if necessary.

I prefer to have one awesome AC game in two years that three completely rushed :S

Will_Lucky
09-08-2014, 11:21 PM
well game journos have palyed it and said it was good so im not too worried

What a great sign, surely if a Game Journalist plays it, it must be in a working condition.

I mean Sim City was in such good working condition.

JustPlainQuirky
09-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Sounds mad sketchy, yo.

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 11:25 PM
What a great sign, surely if a Game Journalist plays it, it must be in a working condition.

I mean Sim City was in such good working condition.

To be fair most journalist were worried about many aspects of Sim City in the previews...

He is saying that the game journalist said it was good. Of course that is no guarantee but it is something to stay positive at least :D

RinoTheBouncer
09-08-2014, 11:28 PM
At Gamescom, we entreated a Cinema-like room and the demo was being played live for us, but we were not allowed to play it. However, Rogue was playable, we entreated a room with consoles and we played on them.

m4r-k7
09-08-2014, 11:31 PM
At Gamescom, we entreated a Cinema-like room and the demo was being played live for us, but we were not allowed to play it. However, Rogue was playable, we entreated a room with consoles and we played on them.

Yeah thats the weird thing. Rogue seems to be very playable at these events, yet Unity hasn't ever been playable for the public.

JustPlainQuirky
09-08-2014, 11:34 PM
illuminati

Shahkulu101
09-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Amancio is a lizard.

RinoTheBouncer
09-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah thats the weird thing. Rogue seems to be very playable at these events, yet Unity hasn't ever been playable for the public.

Yeah. I thought the same too. But maybe they want to let someone speak about the game rather than people just playing it for 5-10 minutes and leaving. Maybe they wanna be more descriptive about each detail since it’s their “main” AC title, unlike AC:R which isn’t getting the same attention or budget, obviously.