PDA

View Full Version : Completely flakked

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 06:59 PM
The flak in Forgotten Battles - especially the Op Barb Special Edition, which seems to revert to the original Il-2 slaughter - is ridiculously accurate. Is there any way of turning it down a notch? I lose more planes to that than dogfighting.

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 06:59 PM
The flak in Forgotten Battles - especially the Op Barb Special Edition, which seems to revert to the original Il-2 slaughter - is ridiculously accurate. Is there any way of turning it down a notch? I lose more planes to that than dogfighting.

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 07:29 PM
lol shameless operation barbarosa promotions. WE WONT BUY YOUR CRAP more then half the price of FB mission and skin addon. BTW its all over imesh and kazaa

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 07:50 PM
LeadSpitter_ wrote:
BTW its all over imesh and
- kazaa

Isn't that illegal?

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Illegal. ..as opposed to all the other stuff available on KaZaA and Imesh? lol

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 08:47 PM
hi
i know the flak deadly,i switched some of the il2 training missions over to fb,the first 109 mission to take out 4 il2s
i missed my first pass and the bombers started there bombing run only for all four to be wiped out(i ve played this mission alot first learning to fly never had i seen 1 taken out,lol.no fix other than going into the mission builder and edit it.

After it was refeuled i climbed in.With many manipulations the mechcanics started the turbines.I followed their actions with the greatest of interest.The first one started quite easily.the second caught fire.In no time the whole engine was on fire.Luckily as a fighter pilot i was used to getting quickly out of the cockpit.The fire was quickly put out.The second plane caused no trouble - Adolf Galland (first time in a ME262)

Zayets
06-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Let it be like that , I dnld it from kazaa as well , hell , I can congratulate myself I didn't put money in it. It's amazing how some ppl think to made an extra buck! I wouldn't complain if a new plane would be in it , but to pay for skins that you can do them yourself seems just ridiculous. Bunch of loosers!
Zayets out

http://www.emicad.nl/~justdoit/il2/logo.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Where were you when I posted requests for FB fans to give me their views on Op Barb Special Edit? I review games, got it sent to me for that purpose and quickly concluded that it was a rip-off. Now that I have it, though, I thought I would play it. Big mistake, since it seems to revert to the bad old Il-2 flak habits. It also has a nasty little habit of smashing your wingmen together on a regular basis as they circle the field after take-off, while loads of missions have some bad mistimings - the enemy arriving long after your flight is headed home.
Altogether, a piece of crap that I am glad I did not have to pay for.
I said as much.
But if I can edit this mish-mash of missions, I can probably improve them. I just wondered if there was a in-game quickfix for turning down the flak.
Incidentally - are there any other campaigns for FB or IL-2? I worked out that you can make a campaign with any of the flyable aircraft, so you could do a Battle of Britain. I can't believe I am the only one to have worked that out - so where are all the campaigns?