PDA

View Full Version : Question about UNITE program and retailers

DSafrin
09-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi.
I wanted to preorder Notre Dame Edition for PS4 from my local retailer (empik). I've seen their logo on the UNITE website, so I know they're officially giving out preorder codes, but there is a strange thing: they offer the code to every single edition, but not for Notre Dame for PS4 (they do offer it for Notre Dame for XO, however). I asked them about that and they send me a mail back stating that I would not be given any preorder code, because the offer for preorder code does not apply to Notre Dame edition for PS4. Can anyone tell me if all retailers do that? And is it how it's supposed to be? I'm really confused - I thought that if they're taking part in that program, they should give out codes for each edition they have... :confused:

Also, hope it's the right place to ask such question.

king-hailz
09-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I got the Notre Dame Edition and i got the pre order code, but i bought it from ubi store... Maybe not get it from that retailer. However im gonna use this thread to get an answer for my question...

I bought the notre dame edition and used the unite program and i joined a team where nobody is using their pre order code... is there anyway i can quit that team and join another?

SHADOWGARVIN
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM
If you can order from the uplay store, i would advice you to do so.

You can leave a team as long as you didn't redeem your pre-order code.

DSafrin
09-08-2014, 11:30 AM

The thing is, it's MUCH more expensive from uplay store. I checked it and it's about 30$ cheaper to get it from the retailer (they offer discount on preorders and I don't have to pay for shipping). Also, I was confused, because they offer the preorder code on every single edition - but not on Notre Dame PS4 edition... so I was wondering why. Do they have limited amount of preorder codes and they run out of them? And if they are supposed to give out codes - can they say the won't for one of the editions on specific console?

king-hailz
09-08-2014, 11:37 AM

You can leave a team as long as you didn't redeem your pre-order code.

Oh... well I already have... I'm stupid... :(

The thing is, it's MUCH more expensive from uplay store. I checked it and it's about 30$ cheaper to get it from the retailer (they offer discount on preorders and I don't have to pay for shipping). Also, I was confused, because they offer the preorder code on every single edition - but not on Notre Dame PS4 edition... so I was wondering why. Do they have limited amount of preorder codes and they run out of them? And if they are supposed to give out codes - can they say the won't for one of the editions on specific console?

Well I wouldn't trust them for the notre dame edition since it is a uplay store exclusive.

However I have another question... I pre ordered it so it should definitely come on the release date or at least they would try to get it to me by then right? Because there is no estimated delivery and I didn't do express delivery since I thought it would come by then...

DSafrin
09-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Well I wouldn't trust them for the notre dame edition since it is a uplay store exclusive.

It's not. Guillotine edition is uplay exclusive.

However I have another question... I pre ordered it so it should definitely come on the release date or at least they would try to get it to me by then right? Because there is no estimated delivery and I didn't do express delivery since I thought it would come by then...

It should be on time. If you ordered from uplay store, they aim to get it to everyone on release date. Some people said they even get it early. Last year when I ordered from uplay store I got mine exactly on the release day.

EDIT:
I called empik, since their mail response was quite short and vague...
Here's what I got from them:
1) never trust what producer/developer says, cause they might give you false info :rolleyes: Like, for example, release date. They haven't changed it yet and told me that regardless of what was told by ubisoft, I would get my game on october 28th. Guess empik knows better than ubisoft when ubi is going to release the game, lol.
2) UNITE codes are available for every single edition they offer APART from Notre Dame edition for PS4 (yet the same edition for different platforms get it). No reason whatsoever behind it - "it's just not in the preorder programme" was all I could get out of them.

Guess I'll have to either forget the UNITE thing alltogether, or go with Bastille edition... not sure what to choose now. Figurine or dlc, that's the question...
(if uplay shop wasn't so expensive, I'd just go with them, but 30$ difference is too much in my opinion)