PDA

View Full Version : What's the one thing you wish you could change about every game? Unity + Rogue too!

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 03:01 AM
I want everyone to just name the aspect of the game that they hated outright, then give a brief explanation if they choose, e.g. "The Setting. It was boring..". I will be keeping a tally of every response and I shall post the results soon. Also, no arguing/debating please, if you want to discuss someone's response with them please just private message them.
I'll start:

AC1:
The cutscenes. They were choppy and tedious, constantly at one angle and you could only change it when glitchy things appeared? I hated that. When you watch a movie, you expect the cinematographer to have chosen the best angles to shoot at for every little scene to deliver the best experience, and Ubisoft just failed in that regard.

AC2:
The DLC. Sequences 11 and 12 were missing from the start and were made to be DLC, that was a bad mistake. It would be like watching Game of Thrones and having to pay extra for episodes 7 and 8; Sequences 11 and 12 are part of the story. Ubisoft should have made Sequence 13 and 14 Sequences 11 and 12, and made the DLC an extension of the story, rather than a middle piece of it.

ACB:
The combat. Kill streaks made the game far too easy, it took the challenge away from facing heaps of foes at once. I died many times playing AC2 but I don't remember dying once during combat in ACB. This goes for all future games.

ACR:
The characters. In every AC game, there has been a plethora of characters that I enjoyed interacting with and playing as, yet in ACR I can only name 3, Yusuf, 16 and Altaïr. Stronger characters were needed and also some antagonists that either didn't die the sequence where you met them, or antagonists that you only find out about at the end of the game.

AC3:
The story. Let me break it down for you: there are 12 sequences in the game, first 3 you play as a completely different character to the one advertised, the next three you're playing as a kid/teenager who isn't an Assassin yet. You only get to play as "the Assassin Connor" for the second half of the game. I remember when I first started playing as Haytham, I was like "what the hell is going on?" And then I finished the sequence and was like "woohoo finally get to Connor" but then more Haytham, and then more Haytham...

AC4:
The theme. I loved the characters, the setting and the story, but the overall theme was a bit confusing. I know I see a lot of people complaining about it being "Pirates Creed" and then people arguing about how the underlying tone of it made it a true Assassin game, but I found it really confusing playing the first time. I remember you only get that Assassin Pirate flag near the end of the game which was weird, but what confused me most was that Edward was labelled as a Master Assassin yet I didn't feel like I was playing as an actual Assassin until the latter half of the game.

ACU:
The gameplay. I feel that they've changed far too much at once, I don't think it'll feel like I'm playing an actual Assassin's Creed game, which is disappointing.

ACRo:
The ingenuity. I am looking forward to Rogue more than Unity, and I hate how Rogue isn't getting the attention or the effort that Unity is getting. Unity gets everything new, yet Rogue shares pretty much everything with AC4, it shares a HUD, animations and combat mechanics with AC4, and I feel like Ubisoft is treating it as if they were giving scraps to the runts of the litter.

JustPlainQuirky
09-08-2014, 03:07 AM
Oh gosh this is a big question...hnghhhhh

I guess everything except the naval gameplay for ACIV could have been tweaked. Homestead-esque missions would be nice. A plot-progressive modern day. Less tailing missions in land. The plot in the non-modern day felt a bit stale tbh.

Just a bunch of tweaks like that.

I have a lot of problems with ACIV, but mainly because it's the most fun to play for me gameplay-wise and I'd like the rest of it to be good too.

I'm kind of hoping Rogue will be the solution to my problem.

Ofc this is entirely my opinion and I only played through the game like once so....I might change my mind.

Edit:

OH and the music. The music is so blaaaand.

I-Like-Pie45
09-08-2014, 03:13 AM
Add

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Fatal-Feit
09-08-2014, 03:30 AM
AC:1 - The PC port. It was better than the console version, but the draw distance and glitchy shadows are still terrible. It breaks immersion. And graphics aside, the port was messy in all areas.

AC:2 - The philosophy. The Templars are just terrible. Unsympathetic and cartoony. The same goes for Brotherhood.

AC:B - Its existence. It should have been skipped and had its resources be used on Revelations and AC:3.

AC:R - The production time. It was a great game that could use more time.

AC:3 - The production time. It was a great game that could use more time. There are a ton of unused content that would have severely enhanced the game.

AC:IV - El Tiburon. He and Edward should have fought, prior to his death.

AC:U - Disguise. It should be severely tweaked. Killing a guard and taking his outfit would be perfect. Morphing into a civilian or guard, practically changing Arno's face and body, is immersion breaking.

AC:Ro - Shay's main weapon. Really? A Dagger and a Sword? You couldn't give him something new like Adewale with his machete? Ubisoft, I am dissapoint. I'm also guessing the Air Rifle's tool-counter and double-tool-kill will be reusing the Blunderbuss's animations as well.

LoyalACFan
09-08-2014, 03:36 AM
Pie's on a Quentin Tarantino gimmick now... this ought to be good

Anyhow;

AC1- mission structure. It's been said a million times, but I'll say it again, AC1's investigations were way too repetitive. I appreciate that they gave us insight into the target, but surely there could have been a more inspired way to handle them.

AC2- combat. Easily the worst in the series, it's almost entirely counter-based.

ACB- story. Just... blegh.

ACR- cheesy Uncharted-esque setpieces

AC3- mission structure again, but this time it's because pretty much every mission in that game was horribly designed and stupidly linear

AC4- cities. Havana was criminally underused, but my main problem was Nassau. They really should have tried to make it feel like home, so it would feel like an actual loss when the British recaptured it.

ACU- companion app and Initiates content

ACRo- the fact that it exists

Fatal-Feit
09-08-2014, 03:37 AM
acu:
The gameplay. I feel that they've changed far too much at once, i don't think it'll feel like i'm playing an actual assassin's creed game, which is disappointing.

[edit] /pm

EaglePrince25
09-08-2014, 04:13 AM
1- It's been mentioned, the missions were far too repetitive.

2- No problems.

Brotherhood- Should have been longer.

Revelations/3- The Assassin Brotherhood. AC2 gave us numerous allies that Ezio met and learned from throughout his journey, each of them making an impact and personally taking part in numerous events/cutscenes. This continued to a lessened extent in Brotherhood, and pretty much vanished in the next two games. Though in fact i'd have to say that 4 has the same problem in terms of the Assassin's. 4 at least gives us a decent supporting cast in terms of the other Pirates, but the previous two games don't do the same. There are some memorable characters, but on the Assassin front 3 has Achilles and Avelline I suppose, and Revelations has Yusef. There are other Assassin's obviously, but they're fairly forgettable, and really don't add much to the story in terms of the conflict with the Templars and the Assassin's goals. They just serve to give you extra men to order around. They themselves, as characters, leave no impact. I'll be fair that this was a similar problem in 1 as well, but the second game specifically fixed this, as well as a host of other problems, so it's jarring for the issue to crop up again in later games. Stinks of poor writing and minimal effort to me.

4- I really didn't have any problem with this one either, save the above mentioned issue of the Assassin Brotherhood not giving us enough memorable characters. However, I will say that the final boss sucked. And to again be fair, this is a problem that's been around now since....Brotherhood.

Megas_Doux
09-08-2014, 04:29 AM
AC I: A little bit more variety on the investigations and actual side content!!!!!!!!
AC II: Polish its graphics issues and more grey morals
ACB: I disliked Rome, mainly because the s short scale of its buildings. But being PRETTY harsh, I wish the game would have been a episodic DLC.
ACR: The game was just too rushed for its own good, and thus ended up being short. I wish Amancio has had more time!
AC IIII: Connor´s VA, I just dont like Watts AT ALL!!!!! Then fix the uber linear and atrocious mission design full of cutscene assassinations and the fact it DOES NOT have background nusic.
AC IV: Edward´s change was so sudden, I would have built it up a little bit more. Also not having platforming levels was a cardinal sin for me because the setting had a lot potential.
ACU: I dont like the disguise mechanic the way it is

And dont make talk about Rogue......But if Anything I rather have Quebec than boring NY, AGAIN......

AdamPearce
09-08-2014, 05:07 AM
Assassin's Creed

Absolutely nothing, that game is perfect.

Assassin's Creed II

Overall story because it's too damn full of cliché & idiotic characters. The pitch is good, but it was terribly handled.
Combat felt really cheap compared to Assassin's Creed, the whites lines were awkward, the archetypes were really gamey and felt has heavy as feather. The counter got really annoying since the enemies could block it but not remove any health. The moves themselves felt downgraded, heavy attacks were removed God knows why, surronding the ennemy was extremly unprecise and pretty useless. The hidden blades were simply to powerful since they could litterally one shot anyone & block any attack were in the previous game they did indeed one shot anyone but made you totally defenseless which was totally legit.
The money system was cheap and lazy, I would've prefer if the weapons would be unlocked trought secondary missions and that the Villa just enhanced by herself depending on your synchronisation.
The bloody medecines.
The classic open-world mission design that will eventually kill this serie. Here I'm talking about the missions indicated by a marker on the map and that cannot be found in anyway through normal free-roam. It forces you to constantly having the mini-map on screen and just kills the immersion, and it's just a really bad ****ing design. It doesn't feel like a continuous story but choped part mixed up together and it just doesn't feel right.
The Database enrtries that were annoying as hell.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

The killstreaks were abused and way too easy to pull out.
The horse felt like dead slugs, and I never really understood why the black ones trot quicker than the white ones ?
The Disapearence of Da Vinci should've been in the game, or at least it's plot informations.
Optional Objectives/ Full Sync'.

Assassin's Creed Revelations

It's very existence
Constantinople was, to me, empty. I was hoping to find that Damascus feeling but nothing, it just didn't got me. I believe it is because the city is very similar, you'll often see the exact same buildings even though you're at the exact opposite of the city. It was already the case in the previous games, but the fact that there was multiple cities or, like in the case of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood multiple environment, it did not feel repetitive. Also, I hated how the street were narrows and hazardous. And the roof were no better since they all have that brownish dirty texture and are filled with walls and gasps making it impossible to seamlessly run from one point to another without stumbling on an obstacle at every corner. And ziplines were rare.
They screwed up Altair and I'll never forgive them for that.
They screwed up 16 and tried to srew ME afterward with a ****ty DLC and I'll sure hate them forever for that.
They ****ing lied and that is unacceptable, NOTHING was revealed except how much of a ****face Desmond was.
I know they did not have much time, but I would have had Acre, Constantinopoli and the Kingdom in place. Two out of three elements would've needa simple retexturing. The game should have jumped from Altair Sequence to Ezio Sequence, not five minutes lame memories. This way the fan-service would've been present and both character would have been properly depicted. Because Ezio had too much time and Altair too much less. And it is so stupid since they already had the script for Altair since 2008 and they would have gain time by doing it this way.
The oeverall story was just bad. It was not cliché not idiotic, but it sucked.

Assassin's Creed III

Lack of Ambient Music.
Downgraded parkour.
Ugly and none parkourish cities.
Lack of Blood.
Hunting was badly implemented and totally pointless.
The removal of the canoe which would've been great for navigation in the Frontier.
The non-scripted secondary missions like Assasinations of stuff.
The stupid SSI, I like the floating indicator, but I hate the alarm on guards head, why can't I have one but not the other, even though they are related to totally different aspects of the game ?
The linear mission-design.
The over-the-top Revolution Setting that shadowed the real conflict. I can't even say what was the Templars purpose since it's too underdeveloped.
The stupid decisions of Connor. Why did he kill Kanentho:kon ? He could have knocked him out and speak with him later but no, he kills him, because, reasons. I mean, with disguard enemies the whole game, even Jaegers who are supposed to be Elite German Soldiers get nailed by Connor, how is an angry native with no true combat tactics gets to endanger a life-trained Assassin ?
The stupid decisions of Haytham. Why did you let Connor the time to use his hidden blade ? I guess it's just a question of realisation here but still, that scene was dumb and badly directed.
The horse had no stamina bar so it was a pain up the arse to figure out when to speed with them. Also, horses run till they die if forced to, and they certainly won't stop after 5 meters.
The game is immersion breaking. Connor beats trained adults with a stone tomahawk when he his sixteen, yet we learned he had never killed a man before, so how is it he has no regrets, feelings or any post-traumatic problems after that. Also, there is absolutely no difference in the fighting style of Connor before and after his training with Achilles, and this makes no sense. It would have been really easy to implement an evoluting gameplay progression in the game.
Make us begin has all powerfull swordman Haytham then switch to unexperimented Connor and just gain back each piece of competence on the run, would've been great.
Juno, Desmond, and ****.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

I don't care enough.
Oh wait ! The Puzzle with the Sage which was basically the game pulling its pants down admitting it was design for six months old brain damaged monkeys !

Assass'ins Creed Unity

That the producers **** themselves calling it Assassin's Creed V
All the unimmersive little & dumb handholding things like:
# Having a floating button to tell you to loot a body but having the same indication on the top right corner.
# Having the name of the main character over the health bar like it's gonna change someday.
# Having a stupid blue circle to tell you when you are hidden.
# Having ****ty flashy colors when you use the Eagle Vision, I believe the designer who agreed on this was blind.
# Having a list of indications to tell you exactly what you can do instead of simply giving you the chance to discover them yourself.
# Having a ****-load of unecessary information of the HUD.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/37/1410148951-agerberwallah.png
The lack of Interactive Cameras on Air Assassination.
The whole redemption thing.

That is it.

Fatal-Feit
09-08-2014, 05:13 AM
He said one thing, not 20.

AdamPearce
09-08-2014, 05:35 AM
There is too much to say.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 05:50 AM
2- No problems.

Opinion or not, no...AC II had problems.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 06:22 AM
AC I:
-Variety to the investigations
-add more substantial outfits for each rank
-I would add ambiance like church bells and Athan to their respective cities
-I would rework the hand to hand combat to be less mundane.

AC II:
-I would change the missions set back into how it was in AC I (i.e investigation based)
-I would remove sequences 9 and 10 and then merge the carnival with sequence 8.
-I would change Ezio's entire personality and take it to a more logical direction.
-I would rework the level design of missions to incorporate more use of the tools and gadgets like smoke bombs, poison and the hidden gun.
-I would have left the combat as it was in AC I.
-I would add a more dynamic economy system instead of the stagnant one we got.
-I would remove that ugly blue filter on Venice.
-I would keep sequences 12 and 13 in the game.
-I would change the ending of Ezio.
-I would give more screen time for Desmond and co (incorporate AC III's missions in AC II, actually)
-Cut on the copy paste cast and instead focus on less characters but with more quality. I would remove Bartolomeo, Teodora and Antonio. We already had the big "FIGHT FIGHT" dude, the prostitute and the thief--Mario, La Volpe and Teodora, no need to reskin them for Venice.
-Make armor actually matter by increasing the risk of dying in combat.
-Remove or replace courier missions, races and beating husbands up.
-Rework the notoriety system to make it closer to what AC III's was like.

ACB:
-I would explore the sympathetic side to the Borgia family to make it a more grey story.
-I would have also tweaked Claudia's coming of age plot line (because, really...a sheltered for 20 years girl should NOT be able to single-handedly kill 6 guards and just shrug it off--it should have been a bigger deal than that)
-I would also remove the cross bow because it's OP as hell and just leave the throwing knives to kill unarmored guards while the gun would need to kill more armored guards.
-I would also have this be Ezio's last game by reworking the last scene where Ezio abandons the Apple and incorporating ACR's final scene in there instead.
-I would give the Brotherhood more character by making what ACR did and merge the Templar agents with the Brotherhood and vary how Ezio runs into potential recruits.
-I would either make the rebuilding of Rome have more effect visually or remove it entirely

ACR:
-I would have Ezio be replaced by Yusuf: A veteran leader of the Assassin Order in Constantinople searches for the true origins and history of his order by seeking the fabled library of Altair but then finds himself in a race against time with the Templars who plan to conquer Constantinople and find the Masyaf keys first.
-Have Phillip as Altair's VA.
-Keep Lost Legacy as part of the full game.
-Divide the game more equally between Altair and Ezio/Yusuf (30/50)

AC III:
-Give Haytham only 1 sequence or 2 at the most.
-redesign missions: the Battle of Concord, the Battle of Monmouth and Attack on Connor's village.
-Replace missions: Midnight Ride, Battle of the Chesapeake.
-Show more of Connor's struggle with sparing Washington. A mission where Connor infiltrates GW's camp or something and almost kills him but then realizes that there's far more important things to focus on than revenge (THIS would make more sense than AC II's crap)
-Remove Delivery and courier missions.
-Redesign Assassination missions to have them be given by Achilles and take place in the forts around the cities and the Frontier. That way, we have a working system that can be taken advantage of and we'd have a proper introduction to forts.
-Make the random event liberation missions be infinite but add more variety and context to them.
-Add ambient music.

AC IV:
-I would focus more on the social stealth aspect because as it is, AC IV has A LOT of regular stealth but enough social stealth.

don't care if he said one thing.

Farlander1991
09-08-2014, 07:58 AM
AC3- mission structure again, but this time it's because pretty much every mission in that game was horribly designed and stupidly linear

You know nothing of linear until you play Assassin's Creed: Liberation (HD) :p

king-hailz
09-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Assassin's Creed 1
I agree with the cut scenes they should have been better, that was annoying...

Assassin's Creed 2
Hmm... I guess I agree with you again... even though that's because I really can't think of anything... but sequence 12 and 13 should have been part of the game from the start...

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Show more of how Cesare really was hard for Ezio. I think there should have been a Batman Joker aspect to this... to make it seem like it affected Ezio a lot and made him change...

Assassin's Creed Revelations
I know it only had 10 months to make so it's hard to really choose something but I guess it will have to be the game play aspects like tower defense... but I forgive them for that..

Assassin's Creed 3
Just one thing... now that's a challenge... but it will have to be how the story was presented. They did everything so wrong from haytham reveling he is a templar which wasn't really a shock or when connors mum dies... that wasn't emotional at all. Or when Desmond died. I really feel like they should have had more game play with the mother and Connor together to kinda see the two together... or Desmond we should have seen some flashbacks of his life like when he was a child or talking to Ezio in the animus.

AC4
I have to say the combat it was just so terrible.

AC Rogue
I can't really say but I wish there was some way for us to see an end to Connor as well... but they might do that so...

AC Unity
It really would have to be the accents... Make them french... but I heard that when your walking through the city the crowds speak in french. I like that since it will be good immersion when we are walking through the city... so if not accents then I choose the soundtrack it just sounds so generic and boring so far. It sounds like the worst soundtrack to date!

EDIT: However if there was one thing I would change about the whole franchise is the modern day! I would like them to fix that shiz to have it make sense and be worth a story for us...

LoyalACFan
09-08-2014, 08:23 AM
You know nothing of linear until you play Assassin's Creed: Liberation (HD) :p

I haven't yet (and probably never will), but linear levels in AC3L are least halfway forgivable considering it was made for a handheld console and had a lot smaller budget. You just expect that it'll have to sacrifice some of the open-world elements. But AC3 had a ridiculous budget and a longer development cycle, so it really baffles me why they went that route.

GoldenBoy9999
09-08-2014, 08:47 AM
AC:1- Less repetitive missions. Overall it was pretty good for the first game.

AC:2- Make me want to use the tools. Don't make the last sequences DLC.

AC:B-I can't think think of too much really but maybe make it have less open spaces?

AC:R-Get rid of Den Defense. Give me more incentive to use all the types of bombs.

AC:III-Make the Frontier more full of things to do and more immersive.

AC:IV- It was pretty good but I just felt like some of the activities like harpooning were fun for a while and then you didn't want to play them again.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
AC1

Repetitive mission structure -- I would completely scrap the inane flag-gathering mini-game-for-intel as it just doesn't make sense. Did... did Altair actually do that? That's interesting... As for the others, most of them are at least decent though I would try and find ways of making it less copy/paste.
Long, unskippable dialogue sequences. I hate that whenever I wish to load the game up and just run around Acre, Jerusalem, or Damascus -- I have to sit through a whole long dialogue between Altair and Al Mualim. Talk about booooring.

AC2

The armor -- I wish it was unequippable. It's stupid that it wasn't.
The DLC -- It's dumb that they yanked out a part of the story to make as DLC.
I would have included more side content like side missions and random events
I would have made the Assassination Missions more like AC1 -- more open.

ACB

Combat -- when I first played it, the combat was pretty awesome. In hindsight, it's not what I wanted out of AC. I wish it was a lot harder and that counter-kills and chain-kills were never a thing. I remember in AC1, whenever I was caught, I'd often run away and sweat it out when hiding, waiting for them to give up. I rarely felt that going forward... it was still there a bit in AC2 but by ACB, I could just slay 'em all.
The armor -- I wish it was unquippable. It's stupid that it wasn't.
I would have included more side content like side missions and random events.
I may have ditched multiplayer altogether in order to allocate more money towards the single player to make it better.
I would have made the Assassination Missions more open.
I would get rid of the Full Sync stuff.

ACR

I wouldn't have made a yearly release schedule for AC
Combat -- same issue as with the previous game.
I would have ditched some of the hook blade's mechanics. I'd keep the ziplines and the ability to tear down those wooden structures as a way to slow down pursuing enemies but I would have ditched how it sped up climbing. Climbing didn't need to be sped up IMO. I would have kept how it extends your reach so when jumping off a ledge, you have that extra length to grab the other ledge.
The DLC -- the only actual major revelation was contained in DLC. Really stupid.
The armor -- I wish it was unequippable. It's stupid that it wasn't.
I would have included more side content like side missions and random events,
I may have ditched multiplayer altogether in order to allocate more money towards the single player to make it better.
I would have made the Assassination Missions more open.
I would have scrapped Den Defense but would keep the whole "tug o war" aspect where dens could fall and you'd have to take them back by searching for the captain and assassinating him to reclaim it.
I would get rid of the Full Sync stuff.

AC3

I would have taken WAY more liberties with Boston and New York. The buildings would have been a bit taller, there'd be a lot more towers, the streets would have been significantly smaller to cut out the ridiculously wide streets.
I would change the Frontier so that there was more to do in it. Forts are neat but I wish there were more small towns scattered about it with side missions and things, including the village.
The missions are FAR. TOO. LINEAR. I would have opened them up considerably. Back to at least AC1 style, but preferably larger with more options.
I'd have included free aim for the bow and pistol.
I would have simplified the weapon selection to just an AC2/ACB/ACR wheel. Same for the Assassin commands.
I wouldn't have ruined Desmond's story.
Desmond's missions would have been small little sandboxes. Because modern cities are too different for standard AC gameplay and because even if they weren't, a whole other city just would never be in the cards -- they'd be small sandboxes. They would have all involved assassinating various leaders of Abstergo/Templars and would end with infiltrating Abstergo HQ (from the first game) -- each mission would have made more use of classic Assassin fair -- blending in with crowds of people to bypass security, utilizing eagle vision to find targets who have say...keycards, etc. You'd be freely able to explore the MMA stadium for example. You'd actually FEEL like an Assassin.
You'd be able to replay Desmond's missions as well because, again, I would change how his story played it out so that it wasn't stupid.
I would cut the Full Sync stuff.
I would have probably scrapped the naval stuff since it was so disconnected from the rest of the game. Talk about a lack of seamlessness.
I would have included more side content like side missions and random events.
I would have made it so that his outfits remain on during cutscenes instead of switching to default (aside from the bottom flaps)
Combat -- same issue as before.
I wouldn't have butchered Altairs outfit
I would have made Ezio's outfit better as well
I would have ditched all of the blue on Achille's outfit and made it red where it's blue to join the rest of the red -- Assassin robes were always, by default, white and red and if you became a master, they could be darker and the person could have dyed them later on. So to me, Achilles robes should have been white/red. Connor's could be white/blue due to the war and dislike of the British.
Personally, I'd have probably made the default white/red as well because that's the traditional colors. Upon entering either Boston OR NY, you could then change it to the "Patriot outfit" which would be the actual default variant. MY default would be called Assassin Outfit.Alternatively, I would have made the default outfit white with BROWN accents to keep from showing any outward allegiance to any side. The player could then change it to red or blue if they wanted.
I would have kept how the Frontier changes during the seasons so that lakes would freeze over and stuff
I would have ditched the really confusing crafting system.
I would have included that AMAZING monologue from Connor that was cut that Pie posted (why have I never heard that before???)
I would have made the parkour system less automatic but still fluid.

AC4

Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have made this game. It would have no longer been on a yearly schedule necessarily but if it WAS made...
I would have put a greater emphasis on Havana and the cities by placing more missions within them (I was under the impression that they were underutilized)
I would have included a more traditional Assassin outfit for Edward to either unlock similar to the Templar and Mayan armors OR I would have made him don it near the end of the game -- perhaps the same outfit worn by the Caribbean Assassins.
I would given the Mayan Armor a hood.
I would have included a white/red Assassin-y color scheme for Edward's default robes similar to the Pirate Captain outfit only white obviously.
I would ditched all of the online/community challenge stuff.
I would cut the full sync stuff.
Combat -- same issue as before
I would have brought back the not-butchered versions of Altair and Ezio's robes.
I would have made the parkour system less automatic but fluid.
Combat -- same issue as before

ACU

I would have made the character a girl from the start. Rather than Arno, we'd be playing a female french Assassin (4 female co-op assassins!)
I'd ditch the locked content b.s.
I'd make the parkour/climbing a little less automatic if it is indeed, automatic like AC3/4.
The stupid, god awful looking blending circle -- I'd keep it the same as the E3 showcase!
The crowds -- I'd want them more stable but same density. I'd also make Arno get "caught" on them less and have more natural "gentle push" mechanics like the series used to hah.
Other than that, this game looks like the best AC since AC2.... it looks like it could easily be the best AC. Period. If it all works out.

Add

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Again... this was beautiful and I'm mad it wasn't in the game. All of his hard work and he sees it all fall apart. And yet... he's still hopeful. THIS is why I love Connor.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 12:03 PM
He said one thing, not 20.

Haha you cracked me up, the entire time I was reading that long rant I was thinking "I said pick one thing, not 20" and then I saw your comment and just cracked up haha

GunnerGalactico
09-08-2014, 12:30 PM
AC I:
-Variety to the investigations
-add more substantial outfits for each rank
-I would add ambiance like church bells and Athan to their respective cities
-I would rework the hand to hand combat to be less mundane.

AC II:
-I would change the missions set back into how it was in AC I (i.e investigation based)
-I would remove sequences 9 and 10 and then merge the carnival with sequence 8.
-I would change Ezio's entire personality and take it to a more logical direction.
-I would rework the level design of missions to incorporate more use of the tools and gadgets like smoke bombs, poison and the hidden gun.
-I would have left the combat as it was in AC I.
-I would add a more dynamic economy system instead of the stagnant one we got.
-I would remove that ugly blue filter on Venice.
-I would keep sequences 12 and 13 in the game.
-I would change the ending of Ezio.
-I would give more screen time for Desmond and co (incorporate AC III's missions in AC II, actually)
-Cut on the copy paste cast and instead focus on less characters but with more quality. I would remove Bartolomeo, Teodora and Antonio. We already had the big "FIGHT FIGHT" dude, the prostitute and the thief--Mario, La Volpe and Teodora, no need to reskin them for Venice.
-Make armor actually matter by increasing the risk of dying in combat.
-Remove or replace courier missions, races and beating husbands up.
-Rework the notoriety system to make it closer to what AC III's was like.

ACB:
-I would explore the sympathetic side to the Borgia family to make it a more grey story.
-I would have also tweaked Claudia's coming of age plot line (because, really...a sheltered for 20 years girl should NOT be able to single-handedly kill 6 guards and just shrug it off--it should have been a bigger deal than that)
-I would also remove the cross bow because it's OP as hell and just leave the throwing knives to kill unarmored guards while the gun would need to kill more armored guards.
-I would also have this be Ezio's last game by reworking the last scene where Ezio abandons the Apple and incorporating ACR's final scene in there instead.
-I would give the Brotherhood more character by making what ACR did and merge the Templar agents with the Brotherhood and vary how Ezio runs into potential recruits.
-I would either make the rebuilding of Rome have more effect visually or remove it entirely

ACR:
-I would have Ezio be replaced by Yusuf: A veteran leader of the Assassin Order in Constantinople searches for the true origins and history of his order by seeking the fabled library of Altair but then finds himself in a race against time with the Templars who plan to conquer Constantinople and find the Masyaf keys first.
-Have Phillip as Altair's VA.
-Keep Lost Legacy as part of the full game.
-Divide the game more equally between Altair and Ezio/Yusuf (30/50)

AC III:
-Give Haytham only 1 sequence or 2 at the most.
-redesign missions: the Battle of Concord, the Battle of Monmouth and Attack on Connor's village.
-Replace missions: Midnight Ride, Battle of the Chesapeake.
-Show more of Connor's struggle with sparing Washington. A mission where Connor infiltrates GW's camp or something and almost kills him but then realizes that there's far more important things to focus on than revenge (THIS would make more sense than AC II's crap)
-Remove Delivery and courier missions.
-Redesign Assassination missions to have them be given by Achilles and take place in the forts around the cities and the Frontier. That way, we have a working system that can be taken advantage of and we'd have a proper introduction to forts.
-Make the random event liberation missions be infinite but add more variety and context to them.

AC IV:
-I would focus more on the social stealth aspect because as it is, AC IV has A LOT of regular stealth but enough social stealth.

don't care if he said one thing.

^ Pretty much this. Although, I would add ambient music in AC3.

rob.davies2014
09-08-2014, 12:36 PM
AC Unity
It really would have to be the accents... Make them french...

Agree. I really wish this could be changed before the game's release.

Even if it's just getting rid of the cockney/Bristol accents which I have no problem with in real life but when you put those in 18th century Paris, it just grates on my ears :/

EaglePrince25
09-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Opinion or not, no...AC II had problems.

LOL that statement makes no sense my friend, and directly contradicts the point of an opinion. Many of the other "problems" i've seen people mention so far in this thread, such as the characters, cliches, combat system, etc. aren't problems in my mind, as I had no issue with them. Someone said AC1 was a perfect game however, which I would and did disagree with. It's all about opinion. Even the numerous "problems" you listed in your post weren't such for me, so your statement again makes no sense and is fairly pointless.

SixKeys
09-08-2014, 02:04 PM
AC1: The blend system. It shouldn't be possible to make yourself incognito in high security areas simply by putting your hands together and walking slowly. I wish blending was like in Unity (the E3 demo, not the ugly blue circle) where you can blend with anyone as long as you've got enough NPCs around.

AC2: Escaping. I hate how easy it became to escape guards compared to AC1.

ACB: Take out the crossbow. That is all.

ACR: Make it not exist? Okay, seriously though, lack of content was the game's biggest problem. Make more side missions similar to ACB and replace the stuff that doesn't fit the franchise (Desmond platforming, Den Defense) with more fun and meaningful content.

AC3: Make it not exist. No, seriously. Just scrap the whole Kenway saga and make Unity the actual, proper AC3.

AC4: I guess combat.

ACU: THE ******* BLUE BLENDING CIRCLE!!!

ACRO: Again, just skip it entirely. It sounds even more pointless than ACR. Since we're getting it anyway, I would swap New York for a new city.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 02:31 PM
What's this blue blending circle everyone is complaining about?

SixKeys
09-08-2014, 02:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF9bO-tPxKE

In this demo, around the 2:28 mark, Arno's blending is indicated by a huge blue circle. It's very distracting and immersion-breaking compared to the E3 demo where there was only a faint blue shimmer around Arno while in a crowd. The blue circle is apparently done to indicate the "blending radius", how close enemies have to be before they detect you in a crowd, but it's ugly as hell and I honestly don't think it's necessary.

Fatal-Feit
09-08-2014, 03:26 PM
It was better with just the blue ghost effects, no immense circle. It wasn't pretentious and it made you feel like you're one with the crowd. Now every time we blend, there will be a daunting circle below you, reminding you that you're in a video game with stats and those civilians are just AIs made to help you blend. It's the little things that can break your immersion.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 04:40 PM
LOL that statement makes no sense my friend, and directly contradicts the point of an opinion. Many of the other "problems" i've seen people mention so far in this thread, such as the characters, cliches, combat system, etc. aren't problems in my mind, as I had no issue with them. Someone said AC1 was a perfect game however, which I would and did disagree with. It's all about opinion. Even the numerous "problems" you listed in your post weren't such for me, so your statement again makes no sense and is fairly pointless.
Didn't read the post with AC I.

AC II had problems, no such thing as a perfect game...neither AC I nor AC II nor any other AC. anyone who says a game was perfect is either forgetting or gonna throw the opinion card.

EaglePrince25
09-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Didn't read the post with AC I.

AC II had problems, no such thing as a perfect game...neither AC I nor AC II nor any other AC. anyone who says a game was perfect is either forgetting or gonna throw the opinion card.

LOL ok man.

m4r-k7
09-08-2014, 06:00 PM
AC1: The blend system. It shouldn't be possible to make yourself incognito in high security areas simply by putting your hands together and walking slowly. I wish blending was like in Unity (the E3 demo, not the ugly blue circle) where you can blend with anyone as long as you've got enough NPCs around.

I actually thought the AC 1 blending was the most realistic yet. You could only blend in high security areas with the monks (as they looked like you) and the putting together your hands thing atleast is an action that makes you look respectable and less dangerous.
I think its actually less realistic in Unity as realistically, guards would easily be able to see a hooded figure in a crowd with people wearing normal clothes.

Sushiglutton
09-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Hmmm

AC1: Brush up investigation missions (less rigid, more varied).

AC2: Many small flaws ofc, it's a little bit tricky to pick the biggets one. I suppose the combat. Especially since the poor system created a lot of anticlimactic moments in the so called bossfights.

AC:B: Never liked the idea of recruiting and calling in assassins. Since it plagued the franchise for another two games I'm going with that.

AC:R: Get rid of all the bombstations/black market guys littering the city (have a few more, but this shallow thing is probably what bothered me the most, which is a bit silly).

AC3: I suppose less linear/handholdy mission design would be the most important thing to do. AC3 is a very flawed game on so many levels though.

AC4: Boring answer, but all the eavesdropping missions really put me on tilt.

AC:Ro: Biggest issue is that it's too similar to AC4 (which I really liked, but don't want to do the same again).

AC:U: I'm gonna go with locking stuff behind external services. It may be a minor thing, but it's pretty annoying.

Shahkulu101
09-08-2014, 06:50 PM
AC1: Investigation structure - general stealth mechanics were poor.

AC2: Better combat and mission design. Assassinations were pretty linear.

ACB: I love this game. I guess I could say what basically applies to the whole series. Give it a set of developed core mechanics that make the game not just a good experience, but an actual good game.

ACR: Some side content for heavens sake

AC3: MISSION DESIGGGGNNNNNN!

AC4: Kenway's fleet. Annoying grind of a mini game required for 100%.

ACU: Too early to judge BUT I'm concerned that for all the talk of choice and open ended missions, that we'll have handhold-y tutorials and obtrusive HUD elements that make the game feel inorganic.

ACRo: Again - premature judgement - but I'm concerned that the Assassin's will be painted as evil instead of an actual ambiguous conflict. Shay might be one dimensional too.

cawatrooper
09-08-2014, 09:40 PM
AC1
I'd either make The Kingdom smaller, or actually put stuff to do in it. It felt so empty, but was so vast and was such a pain in the butt to navigate to before fast travel was available.

AC2
I know it was moved back to DLC, but there should have been some Forli missions in the main game. Like The Kingdom in AC1, Forli just seemed like wasted potential.

ACB
I wish they'd done a better job explaining Lucy's betrayal (either in this game or the next, but for the love of god, it shouldn't have been in the DLC)

ACR
They needed to either scrap the Suleiman stuff or expand on it. The vignettes that we did see felt horribly disconnected. I was captivated by the Ezio vs Templars and love story subplots, but just felt that I could not at all relate to the historical context.

ACIII
I wish that the Assassin Recruit system (and economy) was a little more intuitive, and more exciting to accomplish. To me, it just felt like MMORPG grinding.

ACL
Like ACR, the history in here didn't interest me at all. I don't have a problem with obscure periods being featured (after all, the Borgia reign was a bit obscure but excellently executed) but the "Company Man" storyline was somehow hard to follow yet predictable.

ACIV
The game needed a more robust economy. As my ship was upgraded, my profits began to grow expotentially- but there was so little to spend my money on. I know there were a few buildings you could construct in the hideout, but it didn't take long to save up for them (nor were they really worth it anyway)

Unity
Frankly, I was hoping for a setting that wasn't in the 1700s. I'm ready to move on, Ubisoft.

Rogue
I was hoping Haytham might be the protagonist. I mean, he's in the game, he might as well be.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 11:27 PM
I don't mind that blue circle too much, I thought it would be a thick blue circle. Remember that you're a guy in an animus so it's supposed to be like a computer simulation.
As for AC1 blending...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XO0IHCH2ZVc/Tryf0zlY53I/AAAAAAAACc8/uXeLj7wGZu0/s1600/528243_700b.jpg

RinoTheBouncer
09-08-2014, 11:55 PM
ACI:

Everything was great and intriguing from story to atmosphere, to characters to the setting and environment, modern day or historical. However, the only disappointing part was how repetitive the missions were. We had to assassinate 9 targets yet the they were basically the same thing, over and over and over. It was enjoyable for the first 4 kills but it got boring soon afterwards. But regarding the story, the dialogue and the concept, it was beyond perfect.

ACII:

It was absolutely flawless. It fixed the repetitive nature of ACI’s missions and it presented a new face for the franchise, while keeping the core intact and it pushed the game mythology forward.

AC:B

No complains. Wonderful game and it made the modern day a lot more interesting and fun.

AC:R

This one was flawless. No complaints here at all. It showed how Ezio evolved as a person and how the story came full circle, back to Altair. It was really wonderful. I’m a huge fan of the modern day, yet I adored this version of it even though it was first person (including the heart-shattering DLC) and had one-of-a-kind gameplay and atmosphere. I love how rich in story it was, the narration, the architecture, the music, all of it. I think they could’ve made the trophies or optional objectives less demanding, but over all, the game was perfect. I’m here for the story, modern day and historical and both were perfect and it ended with such a wonderful ending.

ACIII:

It’s such a wonderful game. Very entertaining, very engaging and full of twists and turns. The modern day was at it’s best here, just like AC:B and Connor is a wonderful character and his atmosphere is beautiful, the jungles, the trees, the water, the snow..etc. and I love the one-of-a-kind DLC. My only complaint was that the ending of the modern day was absolutely badly directed and unsatisfying. I’ve seen many game and movie endings where the protagonist dies yet they were much more epic, heartfelt, heroic and emotional. I loved Desmond so much, yet I cried during AC:R’s ending and not this, because it felt too short and just pale and uninteresting.

I can also add that I didn’t bother with the trading and recruiting system AT ALL. We weren’t in much need for upgrades and the animal hunting was more than sufficient. It’s not a negative thing, but I’m just saying there were too many features that we didn’t need.

AC:L:

Probably my least favorite AC game. The idea of a female Assassin was interesting and my problem wasn’t with the fact that she’s a lady but with how the story wasn’t so interesting and the game was made to be simple enough for a handheld. I didn’t find it very memorable. It lacked modern day and to me, that’s an essential part.

ACIV:

A wonderful historical story with a very engaging gameplay, and for the first time, I started enjoying side missions because they were entertaining not frustrating or repetitive (even though they got repetitive at some point, but that was forgivable) yet the modern day story was TERRIBLE. Had they made it better, I would’ve gave this game 10/10, but they ruined a very essential part of the series.

AC:Ro:

I’m excited for this one. I can’t judge it cause I only played a 10 minutes demo at Gamescom, but I believe the gameplay borrows a lot from ACIV. It’s nothing negative, but I would’ve preferred a more original gameplay style but the idea of playing as a Templar is very interesting to me. I just hope the modern day won’t be as disappointing as ACIV (though I doubt that) and I hope they won’t turn the Assassins into complete a**holes but rather make the game morally gray.

AC:U

I’m really looking forward to the unity between Arno The Assassin and Elise The Templar, and I’m excited to see how the game will feel like in true next-gen. I’m also hoping that they focus on the First Civ. and improve the modern day. I’m disappointing in the fact that the modern day is being taken out gradually with each new game. It’s what’s gotten me into the series and now it’s just fading away. I can’t judge the game just yet, but I can tell you that I feel like there’s much more focus on Co-op and historical tourism than the actual story of the game, which is frustrating.

Ureh
09-09-2014, 12:42 AM
ps3 version
1. make the side missions more diverse
2. add the 'replay mission' function
B. *
R. better side missions
3. make the enemy detection less clairvoyant
4. make the combat harder and the grenadiers throw bombs less often
U. remove that blue blending circle
Ro. *

* = might update later

The_Kiwi_
09-09-2014, 12:57 AM
ps3 version
1. make the side missions more diverse
2. add the 'replay mission' function
B. *
R. better side missions
3. make the enemy detection less clairvoyant
4. make the combat harder and the grenadiers throw bombs less often
U. remove that blue blending circle
Ro. *

* = might update later

Um I could replay missions on AC2 on my PS3... what? o.O

AssassinHMS
09-09-2014, 01:44 AM
AC1 – Investigations. They were so poorly done that their whole concept was deemed boring and something that should be cut even though they could have been one of the best features, gameplay-wise, had they been done properly. Investigations are crucial since it is through them that the Assassin gains knowledge regarding the assassination mission. No investigations=no planning=no Assassin simulator. To this day, investigations have never been done properly and the gameplay suffers because of it. Things like surveying the target’s house, noting who goes in and out, following those people and forcing/manipulating them to betray their master/friend/ally by providing relevant information (such as the target’s daily routine/the best places to infiltrate, move around and escape, possible traps, secret locations, patrols schedule, general blueprints of the building, etc.). And if the player used the wrong method to make them talk (intimidation, bribe or blackmail), according to the person and to the situation, he may get false information that could lead to a trap. Then, assuming he managed to make them talk, the player could use the information to plan the assassination (time of day, point of entry, preferred path, escape route and assassination method that could vary from striking with the hidden blade while the target’s asleep to poisoning him/her with his own food). I think this should be at the core of AC’s experience and, if AC1’s investigations had been properly developed, perhaps they would have evolved into something like this and AC games would be, by now, great Assassin simulators that would reward wit and intelligence and provide more than a mere casual experience.

AC2 – The gameplay direction. AC2 completely ditched the Assassin simulator aspect from AC1, it messed up social stealth and replaced the slow-paced gameplay by a fast-paced, on-rails, more action oriented experience. I could go into detail but I think this is pretty clear. If it weren´t for the excellent soundtrack, the amazing cities, the intriguing puzzles, the side missions and the platforming levels, I would have hated the game.

ACB – The restrictive gameplay. The fact I can’t remove armor that the game forces me to buy, all the desynchronization barriers, the linear missions and the inability to die. It’s just way too restrictive. But, if I have to choose just one of these aspects, I’d pick the inability to remove armor because I just hate the roman spaulders.

ACR – Ezio. I didn’t want him there, he was too old for the gameplay to seem minimally realistic and I wanted to play as a random Ottoman Assassin that wore that nice master assassin armor that we didn’t get to use.

AC3 – Everything gameplay-wise. But if I have to choose only one thing I…I can’t decide. Maybe the enemy AI that made stealth useless and that could have prevented combat from becoming an even bigger joke.

AC4 – No random events in the cities. I know Black Flag was nothing more than a decent best-of and even though I disliked the game’s concept, the cities were just too boring.

AC Rogue – The similarity (animations, New York, gameplay, etc.). I know Shay is a former Assassin but still, I wanted to see a more “Templarish” gameplay and not the same old “one man army” thing.

AC Unity – The apparent lack of investigations. They seem to have been replaced by Arno’s eagle sense. Instead of investigating properly and doing what I said in the beginning of this post regarding AC1’s investigations, he simply uses his power to scope the area, eavesdrop on people from an impossible distance and almost magically find out the different ways to infiltrate the place. At least this is what I gathered from the interviews/trailers. Still, AC Unity seems to be shaping up to be the first real AC1 successor.

Ureh
09-09-2014, 04:24 AM
Um I could replay missions on AC2 on my PS3... what? o.O

Really?! Ok this is embarrassing for me cause I've been playing it all these years and haven't spotted the replay button yet. :p

I'll need to go and double check.

The_Kiwi_
09-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Really?! Ok this is embarrassing for me cause I've been playing it all these years and haven't spotted the replay button yet. :p

I'll need to go and double check.

I googled it to make sure, and weirdly enough only the side missions are replayable. and those are the only ones I tried. I remember that because I used to complain about no replay button and then I realised I could and was like "oh damn that's embarrassing...".

Ureh
09-09-2014, 04:47 AM
Hehe that's funny cause I've never tried replaying the side missions (on the same save), so that's news to me. At least we can replay those. :)

SixKeys
09-09-2014, 07:17 AM
I actually thought the AC 1 blending was the most realistic yet. You could only blend in high security areas with the monks (as they looked like you) and the putting together your hands thing atleast is an action that makes you look respectable and less dangerous.
I think its actually less realistic in Unity as realistically, guards would easily be able to see a hooded figure in a crowd with people wearing normal clothes.

It only makes sense when you blend with the monks. But there are literally times where RIGHT after assassinating a politician in broad daylight, the entire city goes on alert, and all you have to do is lose the line of sight, then put your hands together and walk slowly past all the guards who are supposed to be on high alert, looking for this lone, white-robed monk. The guards with their swords out should be able to detect you immediately. I also like that in later games, guards will inspect and interrogate the crowd. Maybe it just wasn't possible at the time, but I wish guards in AC1 would sometimes come up to you and try to look under your hood.

Edit: Also, I've changed my mind about AC4. Instead of combat, I would change the social BS, including Kenway's fleet, white whales, social chests etc.

SuomiKissa
09-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Every AC game is a creation of his own time, so with good and bad of sides. But still the end of his time-honed Priima games, if they are at the same time compares to other published games, but they need not be mutually compared. So I'm not the source of the petiole in this country.

I think the weakness of the AC games is excessive demonstration of tasks than two years of age, "the way that, a flash, listen to it, follow that." In fact, the player will not be much to think about what you would have to do and how to do, because it shows too clearly.
Of discovery and the joy of finding the missing. Anyway, the design would have to take into account the fact that the game is aimed at adults, not children, so there is no need for all players to be predigested.

AC3 and AC4, it was already overpriced. Elgen Vision was already excessive, the enemies through the wall and flashy coloring and durability of a long, ACR also Samples guards running trails in the country. In fact, I avoided Elgen Vision exercise, as it put an end to the use of the tension torque from the game completely and made ​​the game too easy. AC3 people hiding in a thicket, or made ​​around a 'cobweb' useless, I knew that I actually hidden. Rogue is now also seen a vision in addition to the compass, as many mini-games in addition to the map, useless.
Mixing with a blue circle ACU is an exaggeration, as the player already näkeehän yourself that stands among men mingled.
The enemies of life, the ends of the beams overhead is unnecessary, since the fight, however, be so long that they fall.

I think that all excessive markings are in vain, although will help new players, which the AC games are already strangers. Because they spoil the game graphical appearance and eating game viewing cinematic atmosphere. If the new game is now, so hopefully they will get through the settings removed.