PDA

View Full Version : Updated Abstergo Employee Handbook

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 09:22 PM
So the handbook that is available on Amazon has updated with a new description. It says:

"Agent:

At Abstergo Entertainment, history is an experience. Our work not only enriches lives, it brings out truths that time has forgotten. But as many of our analysts have learned, testing these experiences is not easy. These files represent the work of the first analyst to take on the case of Subject 44412óArno Dorian. Living through the bloodiest days of the French Revolution, Dorianís life certainly took many dark turns, but those memories and choices are his own.

Up until now, Dorian has proven to be one of the biggest challenges for our research team. We believe that there is valuable information to be gleaned from this subject, and our hope is that you will succeed where others have failed. Familiarize yourself with your predecessorís file as you make your way through this case. Steel yourself, and stay focused. Donít let us down.

Your work so far has not gone unnoticed. Here is your chance to prove yourself."

So is this a hint at the modern day segment of the game? If so, that means we are another guy helping Abstergo?

pacmanate
09-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Either we are helping Abstergo (Which doesn't make sense from what we are told)

Or both the Assassin's and Templars are researching Arno at the same time... Must be something very important.

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 09:27 PM
I seriousily do not understand the modern day part of the game anymore. Why would Abstergo want customers to "play" as asssassins when they may find sensitive details such as pieces of eden? Are they using customers to uncover secrets or what?

Also in terms of this, I thought we were meant to be playing as "ourselves"

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 09:28 PM
modern day hardly makes sense to me anymore either

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 09:38 PM
I seriousily do not understand the modern day part of the game anymore. Why would Abstergo want customers to "play" as asssassins when they may find sensitive details such as pieces of eden? Are they using customers to uncover secrets or what?

Also in terms of this, I thought we were meant to be playing as "ourselves"

Probably as a cheap propaganda tool. Maybe to spy on people. Who knows. The game will explain it and then will discard it all together.
Sorry if I sound too negative.

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Man the modern day story has really got strange. I would rather them just give us another protagonist to put in the Animus. I guess Abstergo want to locate more pieces of eden but I just don't fully understand this new "console" stuff they are doing xD

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 09:47 PM
If the game told me Templars are planning to sell mind-controlling shampoos because of the hint #3435 well at this point I'll just go with it.

BostonSFS
11-24-2014, 01:53 AM
so has anyone els bought this book yet? i have it, its actually pretty interesting. the question is has anyone who has the abstergo employee handbook found the code inside that links to your acinitiates.com collection in your profile.???? please help i can't find it for the life of me and it was sealed up when i bought it

MetaIuna Mutant
12-06-2014, 06:01 AM
so has anyone els bought this book yet? i have it, its actually pretty interesting. the question is has anyone who has the abstergo employee handbook found the code inside that links to your acinitiates.com collection in your profile.???? please help i can't find it for the life of me and it was sealed up when i bought it

no idea, I also am trying to figure this out. I would have thought it would have been on a little printed paper.

king-hailz
12-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I think now we are a person helping abstergo entertainment and abstergo studios and we are an initiate... and I think we are ourselves... and we are are Desmond in a way... ahhhh ubisoft that's quite a mess you have made...

Mr_Shade
12-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Hi, after some checking - you guys should a leaflet, however the promotion is only valid for people who purchased the book at an Indigo store in Canada.

It's not a global promotion - sorry!

If it was advertised as coming with a code at your retailer, please contact them directly.

Hazado
12-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Wow, such bull.
You really need to send this up to ubisoft and let them know how pissed people are about this.