PDA

View Full Version : What could AC Unity's Modern Day Mission be?

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 04:23 PM
I had an idea for what the modern day missions could be in ACU, what if the modern day missions are actually in the helix. We do them with Arno kinda like the glyphs in AC2. However instead of being contacted by subject 16 we get contacted by the initiates telling us about this world of templars and assassins. It makes sense because they said the helix give you more than a passive experience so maybe we get told to do missions in the modern day.

So tell me what do you think...

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Wouldn't exactly be modern day because it's still in the animus, but whatever.

I've just given up on modern day.

Ubi clearly only sees it as means for exposition.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 07:55 PM
What I’m hoping for is something innovative and interesting, not to mention fun. What I’m expecting is a bigger disappointment than ACIV’s Modern Day was.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 07:58 PM
I didn't think it could get worse than AC IV's modern day.

Then Unity rumors showed up...

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Yeah, same here... *sigh*

It’s like they’re butchering it with each new installment. One must wonder why? are they short on budget?
I mean for a franchise that sells between 10 to 14 million copies with each game, I don’t think money is such big problem, especially when past games did have a significantly more advanced modern day that ACIV did.

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Modern day missions will be buying and testing new Abstergo products.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 08:01 PM
I expect for it to be practically non-existant by 2016 tbh.

I mean the way it's going in Unity it's practically non-existant already.

Show me gameplay where we're outside the animus and then faith will be restored.

@KEV

lol

VitoAuditore
09-07-2014, 08:02 PM
I was really bummed about the 1st person in ac4. the games before that I really felt like we were building up to something big in the modern day, but that feeling got squashed when they killed off desmond. The thing I hope for in the new ac game (I know, i know it wont happen) would be 3rd person modern day again... ah, a guy can dream.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I'd settle for a customizable 3rd person modern day character.

That way we could have Modern Day free-running elements again.

Matknapers18
09-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Ubisoft keep talking about how you play as yourself in the ACU modern day. Not an Abstergo employee, you literally play as yourself. So I guess the modern day protagonist is just going to be a gamer. A gamer who buys an Abstergo game system (The Helix Animus) and their latest product, which is AC:Unity, probably with a different name.Thats my prediction, but i don't see how the templar vs assassin conflict links in to that.

Hopefully as gamers, we get to write fan-fics, troll forums and eat doritos in game. That would make for some interesting gameplay...

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 08:16 PM
I want Juno to actually mess up something so she feels like a threat - not on Initiates, but actually in game. Let her delete saves on my PS4 for all I care. Just something

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 08:19 PM
lol delete saves.

much fiend. so scary. wow.

how about she actually manages to kill somebody in the modern day on screen? not on some interface or skype chat. outside of the animus.

what about that body she was planning to posses? is she never gona get that either?

we supposed to settle with punching a virtual juno or 'hacking' her to death?

I want her to become a reality and I want to punch her outside the animus until my fists bleed.

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I wasn't serious about the saves :) for now all she does is giving cryptic warnings #mastermind

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 08:25 PM
I wonder how many Assassin's Creed games it'll take for her to actually do something significant

Like I don't know.....gain a physical form?

Shahkulu101
09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
She will die when this generation of consoles comes to an end...

And then another cycle will begin.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 08:29 PM
I want Juno to actually mess up something so she feels like a threat - not on Initiates, but actually in game. Let her delete saves on my PS4 for all I care. Just something

I love this! reminds me of Hideo Kojima’s works. He always either makes the game characters break the fourth wall or refers to the story as a game inside the game itself.

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 08:29 PM
She will die when this generation of consoles comes to an end...

And then another cycle will begin.

Sounds like a quote from the game lol

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 08:30 PM
no fourth wall breaking pls.

immersion has been beaten enough as it is.

Shahkulu101
09-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a quote from the game lol

It is similar to something Minerva or Juno said.

I can't quite remember it but it was "Something something and the cycle begun anew."

Xstantin
09-07-2014, 08:38 PM
I love this! reminds me of Hideo Kojima’s works. He always either makes the game characters break the fourth wall or refers to the story as a game inside the game itself.

Mantis messing with the tv was great, now that I remember it

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Wouldn't exactly be modern day because it's still in the animus, but whatever.

I've just given up on modern day.

Ubi clearly only sees it as means for exposition.

"Yes, I said very clearly a number of times that the modern day would now be more of a context than a hard driving plot..."

-Darby Mcdevitt

Looks like it's true. :nonchalance:

Fatal-Feit
09-07-2014, 11:48 PM
The problem with the Desmond Saga is keeping it interesting while linking the games together. Every sequel has a different writer and director, so in developement, they'd have to meet up often to discuss each others' plan and how they won't create plot-holes, Desmond's development, the casts' usefulness, etc, etc.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 11:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/671oNLi.png

I take it all back.

Darby is love, Darby is life.

cawatrooper
09-08-2014, 01:52 AM
I wish Ubisoft adopted a better practice for listening to their fans and implementing their criticisms. Yeah, the Desmond stuff was often the low points of Assassins Creed games, but that modern day story was what really tied all of the awesome pseudo-historical context together. Rather than completely ditching Desmond, I wish they had just made him a more compelling character.

ajl992008
09-08-2014, 02:07 AM
I think black flag should have introduced a third person protagonist, that has the EXACT same gameplay and storyline but include those interactive discussions from ac3 and develop the character, at the end of ac4 he or she could have gone with shaun and Rebecca and joined the initiates leading up to AC unity. It would have kept the story more coherent.

dewgel
09-08-2014, 10:16 AM

You must never have played AC Revelations then?

king-hailz
09-08-2014, 10:29 AM
The problem with the Desmond Saga is keeping it interesting while linking the games together. Every sequel has a different writer and director, so in developement, they'd have to meet up often to discuss each others' plan and how they won't create plot-holes, Desmond's development, the casts' usefulness, etc, etc.

This is why i thought the series needed two writers for each game... The modern day writer is the same writer for each game who works with the main writer... this way it would be more coherent!