PDA

View Full Version : Which of these AC game editions have you preordered?

The_Kiwi_
09-07-2014, 08:31 AM
I was going to make a poll for all the different editions but there are just so so many so I'll only do it for the 2 coming out this year, but also say what editions you got for other games if you want, I'm doing something akin to marketing research for my own pleasure :P

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 10:46 AM
I am getting the notre dame edition from the ubi store... It just looked too awesome!

CoachAssassin
09-07-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm going to pre-order rogues special edition, and not order Unity untill I can say that spending a 150$ aka €120 on a pre-order isn't ********.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 11:11 AM
AC Unity: Guillotine Case
AC Rogue: Collector’s Edition

Hans684
09-07-2014, 11:36 AM
^ Same as above.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 11:38 AM
^ Same as above.

Call me crazy, but I also pre-ordered the digital Gold Edition so I won’t have 2 wait for a week or so after the release date. *Waits to be stoned to death*

SHADOWGARVIN
09-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I've pre-order the guilotine case and the rogue CE.

Hans684
09-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Call me crazy, but I also pre-ordered the digital Gold Edition so I won’t have 2 wait for a week or so after the release date. *Waits to be stoned to death*

I've pre-ordered from Ubishop, always get it 1-2 days before release. *stopes the stones*
Don't have PSN or Xbox Live or anything(like PC) so I'm not going digital, wait? Did you pre-order Unity or Rogue twice?

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I've pre-ordered from Ubishop, always get it 1-2 days before release. *stopes the stones*
Don't have PSN or Xbox Live or anything(like PC) so I'm not going digital, wait? Did you pre-order Unity or Rogue twice?

No, I got Rogue: CE, Unity: Guillotine Case and Unity: Gold Edition (from PSN).
I live in Jordan and I buy those stuff from eBay cause they don’t ship here, so they arrive like a week or two, later.

Hans684
09-07-2014, 11:50 AM
No, I got Rogue: CE, Unity: Guillotine Case and Unity: Gold Edition (from PSN).
I live in Jordan and I buy those stuff from eBay cause they donít ship here, so they arrive like a week or two, later.

Ok, now I got the point. I understand that you do, don't want to wait to long for a game. Especially when you visit places the the forums, spoilers fly in all directions one the game is out.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok, now I got the point. I understand that you do, don't want to wait to long for a game. Especially when you visit places the the forums, spoilers fly in all directions one the game is out.

Exactly! and now that we’re getting two games. I’m sure as hell I’m gonna have to avoid the internet until I finish both. Everyone here makes threads with spoiling titles like “Are you disappointed by Desmond’s Death? [Spoilers]” like really? haha. Though gladly, this didn’t happen to me, but I’m just giving an example.

lothario-da-be
09-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I haven't pre-ordered anything yet. But I will probably preorder the Unity guillotine collectors case, I just need one more demo to convince me it won't turn out like ac3 :p
And does anyone know why it's called collectors case and not edition? I will buy the Rogue CE if the game turns out to be good.

lothario-da-be
09-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Exactly! and now that we’re getting two games. I’m sure as hell I’m gonna have to avoid the internet until I finish both. Everyone here makes threads with spoiling titles like “Are you disappointed by Desmond’s Death? [Spoilers]” like really? haha. Though gladly, this didn’t happen to me, but I’m just giving an example.
I got ac3's ending spoiled 2 days before I completed it by somone who never played AC...
Worst day of my life.

The_Kiwi_
09-07-2014, 12:05 PM

Desmond DIED?!?!

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 12:06 PM
I got ac3's ending spoiled 2 days before I completed it by somone who never played AC...
Worst day of my life.

Dammnn that’s terrible. I’m so sorry.
I got ACII a day before the official release day, and I cut myself off from the internet for 2 days till I finished it. I wasn’t very much active here and didn’t really hear or read about what the fans or the devs had to say about Desmond’s fate, so it came off as a surprise for me but I was like “Meh.. they could’ve made it more epic. 5 more minutes could’ve added a lot more depth to it” especially after ACIV came out and barely moved the story forward from that point.

Hans684
09-07-2014, 12:06 PM

Doing the same, don't won't any supprises ruined. Sorta of topic but how is Tomb Raider(the new one) compared to Uncharted, just want to know what to expect.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Doing the same, don't won't any supprises ruined. Sorta of topic but how is Tomb Raider(the new one) compared to Uncharted, just want to know what to expect.

So far, nothing’s been revealed about the gameplay of Rise of the Tomb Raider, but it was announced that the game is a globetrotting adventure and from the looks of the trailer, it feels like it’s gonna be more about Tomb Raiding as Lara is willingly going out for this adventure rather than being the victim.

I just hope they will make the game feel more like the classics than Uncharted. I didn’t like how we have to walk alone for a few minutes, then be surrounded by a horde of enemies and then repeat it all over again. I wish we can get back to raiding tombs, finding keys and artifacts and returning to the same place to place them and progress, solving puzzles..etc.

The_Kiwi_
09-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I preordered the Notre Dame Edition and Rogue CE.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Desmond DIED?!?!

I’m just giving an example. Play the games and you’ll see :P

The_Kiwi_
09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
I’m just giving an example. Play the games and you’ll see :P

Don't worry I've finished all the games haha just having fun

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Don't worry I've finished all the games haha just having fun

Phewwww, I expected so but just in case you didn’t, I modified my words :P

GunnerGalactico
09-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Worst day of my life.

I was once unlucky to read about Al Mualim being killed by Altair in AC1 on a local gaming magazine. That really ruined the whole "supense-factor" for me. :(

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Whaaaaat? The whole time I thought the Rogue CE was $130. I didn't know it was just 90. I want to get it now but I want to get it on current gen. I'm scared because if it doesn't come out on current gen I'll miss the pre-order bonuses and I'll be spoiled. I'd have to stay away from the forums until the new version of Rogue came out, beat it, and then come back to the forums.

Anyway, I've pre-ordered the collector's edition of ACU.

Rino, how does it feel beating a game in 2 days? You wait all year for it to come out and then it's over that quick. To this day I haven't beat AC4 because I'm trying to get my money's worth out of it and yes, I've been spoiled multiple times. Do you go back and do side missions afterwards? Do you replay it after, at a leisure pace? I'm just trying to figure out the best method to playing the games.

Too bad you can't pre-order Rogue CE in NA anyway.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 06:11 PM
None.

marvelfannumber
09-07-2014, 06:24 PM
None of the above because pre-ordering is a bad decision in general and it's one of the many cancers of the industry.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
None for me.

Gladiaattori1500
09-07-2014, 08:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Notre-Dame_de_Paris_2792x2911.jpg
Edition

DSafrin
09-07-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm going to preorder Notre Dame edition in the next few days, just waiting for a response from my local retailer (regarding unite program). I was initially going to wait with it, but they do offer a massive discount on preorders... and even if it was in the "normal" price - it's not only cheaper than on ubisoft shop, but I don't have to worry about shipping (both cost and time), I can just pick it up in the nearest shop on the release day. I only need to get my PS4 now - hope to get it by the end of the week~

As for Rogue - I wanted to play that first, but I guess I'll just have it as my christmas gift (my local retailer does not offer any preorders on that, but come december and they'll surely have discounts!). I don't mind spoilers, so it's not a big deal for me - and I will have Unity to keep me busy.

And previous games - I had AC2 digital edition... for mac. Worst decision ever, my computer couldn't handle it :rolleyes: It was literally a slideshow - and even with that I managed to get through half of the game before I finally gave up and decided to buy PS3 for gaming (not my first console, but I was away from home for a few years and only used Nintendo handhelds). Then I got AC: Anthology.

pacmanate
09-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Notre Dame edition.

Rogues Collectors edition is so bad.

Edit: I have the Bastille... Or whatever the most expensive one is, I can't even remember.

Dellers
09-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Since I want to have everything (in-game) I pre-ordered the Bastille Edition from the Uplay shop. Normally I wouldn't do that, but it seems to be the only way to get every mission and the Unite rewards. I'm just glad that every Far Cry 4 version has all the actual in-game content. I was able to get the FC4 gold edition that for almost 25$ less than the Bastille Edition alone.

SlyTrooper
09-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Unity Notre Dame Edtion - Don't see what's good about the Guillotine Edition.
Rogue Collector's Edition - Why not?

The_Kiwi_
09-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Whaaaaat? The whole time I thought the Rogue CE was $130. I didn't know it was just 90. I want to get it now but I want to get it on current gen. I'm scared because if it doesn't come out on current gen I'll miss the pre-order bonuses and I'll be spoiled.

It won't be on PS4/X1 so you'll be waiting for a long time, I'm also 99% sure that Ubisoft won't remaster it, but if they did, it won't be for at least a year.

Shahkulu101
09-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Why you so sure they aren't remastering Rogue? I think it's likely, as it's guaranteed pocket money for them.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Why you so sure they aren't remastering Rogue? I think it's likely, as it's guaranteed pocket money for them.

Because I trust Ubisoft, they are making this game for PS3/360 purely because they are missing out on Rogue, it's their little exclusive game to make them feel happy. I don't think Ubisoft would want to piss them off by remastering it and giving next-gen users yet another game, seeing as they are 9/10ths of the console community it would be a bad idea. If I was on current-gen only, I'd get really pissed off if Ubisoft remastered Rogue.

Ubisoft already ditched PS3/360 for a next-gen exclusive immediately after release, which I don't agree with, so I would understand why Rogue players would feel betrayed yet again.

pacmanate
09-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Because I trust Ubisoft, they are making this game for PS3/360 purely because they are missing out on Rogue, it's their little exclusive game to make them feel happy. I don't think Ubisoft would want to piss them off by remastering it and giving next-gen users yet another game, seeing as they are 9/10ths of the console community it would be a bad idea. If I was on current-gen only, I'd get really pissed off if Ubisoft remastered Rogue.

Ubisoft already ditched PS3/360 for a next-gen exclusive immediately after release, which I don't agree with, so I would understand why Rogue players would feel betrayed yet again.

Nah, if they did Rogue and Unity on PS4 at the same time that = Money Loss

Release them separately on PS3 and PS4 = Profit

Release a remaster in 6 months for PS4 = More Profit.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Nah, if they did Rogue and Unity on PS4 at the same time that = Money Loss

Release them separately on PS3 and PS4 = Profit

Release a remaster in 6 months for PS4 = More Profit.

I don't think they'd want to piss off 9/10ths of console gamers just for a little profit.
They should be more like Sony, they sold the PS3 for less than it took to make, and they lost billions, but they did it for the customers.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-08-2014, 12:56 AM
its sad because Ive never preordered an ac game but I always go to but I don't :(

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 01:08 AM
its sad because Ive never preordered an ac game but I always go to but I don't :(

Do you end up buying any of them online?

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Do you end up buying any of them online?

nah i just go to my local eb games to get them

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 01:24 AM
nah i just go to my local eb games to get them

Without preordering them? I didn't know EB stocked expensive special editions after release.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Without preordering them? I didn't know EB stocked expensive special editions after release.

yeah sometimes you can buy them if they any left over from people not picking them up or if people cancel there pre orders. I saw one guy like 2 months ago buy the watch dogs vigilante edtion and that was a special one

MAsON9656
09-08-2014, 02:42 AM
yeah so the more the merry er i have pre ordered all of them hahahahahaha

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 03:07 AM
yeah so the more the merry er i have pre ordered all of them hahahahahaha

Why? I understand getting multiple editions that have exclusive items, but some only contain things that others contain so it's a waste.

rrebe
09-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Unity Guillotine Edition for PS4

Won't pre-order/buy Rogue until it's either released for pc/new gen or I somehow manage to acquire a last gen console..