PDA

View Full Version : How to make a desktop shortcut

del170919084429
09-07-2014, 07:42 AM
How do I make a desktop shortcut for the game, With steam you can do it right in steam. But in uplay there is no option, and making a shortcut of the executable only launches uplay, not the game.

HZD87
09-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Go tot he games install folder and right click the .exe and select create desktop icon.

UPLAY will still launch if it has not already

YazX_
09-07-2014, 01:49 PM
yes, any game shortcut will launch UPlay if its not opened.

del170919084429
09-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I know uplay launches, I don't care about that. But I would like the game to automatically start after uplay launches, and If I choose a different game when uplay launches I have to navigate around to select the game I want to play because it does not go to the specific game screen I tried to launch. this is very annoying, steam had it nailed from the beginning, origins kinda sucks but at least you have options. Uplay is like a drm nightmare that wont go away. If this crap keeps up I may have to look into a program to bypass uplay as it is just an annoyance.

YazX_
09-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Yes i'm aware of what you mean, this is not possible unless if its implemented in UPlay itself, current workaround is to keep your UPlay running all times, afterwards the game will launch when clicking the shortcut.

perhaps you could add a feature request in the UPlay board, i'm sure many users posted this request and i'm at least one of them.