PDA

View Full Version : templars demonized

EmbodyingSeven5
09-06-2014, 08:55 PM
it really annoys me that Templars always stand behind/with a group or faction that are considered evil or wrong. they are often slave owners, behind British that are looked at as evil for unfairly taxing the Americans ( besides that one Templar on the patriots. know one of you will point that out :p ) , the Borgia, and it even says in AC 4 that they stood behind Nazis for Christ sake! why cant the Templars ever be on the GOOD side. by the way I thought AC and AC4 did a good job of separating the Templars EQUALY into two factions.

Shahkulu101
09-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Rogue.

JustPlainQuirky
09-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Literally both Rogue and Unity are going to put templars in a good light.

And AC3 kinda did that. (barely)

EmbodyingSeven5
09-06-2014, 09:02 PM
it would be and awesome table turner if Templars were primarily on the side of patriots! Connor would have serious personal conflicts

Shahkulu101
09-06-2014, 09:04 PM
it would be and awesome table turner if Templars were primarily on the side of patriots! Connor would have serious personal conflicts

They basically were. Just wanted rid of little ol' Georgie.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-06-2014, 09:20 PM
They basically were. Just wanted rid of little ol' Georgie.

yeah but in the way that they tried to kill George easily separates them from patriots because other patriots would easily kill the Templars if they found out. I would want it in the way that all the Templars basically embody the patriots, through and through to the point of killing Templars may destroy the rebels.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Rogue.

lol as you can assume I am looking forward to it

Farlander1991
09-06-2014, 09:29 PM
behind British that are looked at as evil for unfairly taxing the Americans ( besides that one Templar on the patriots. know one of you will point that out http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.png )

Huh? The majority of Templars in AC3 is actually on the Patriots side. Charles Lee, Thomas Hickey and Nicholas Biddle. Plus once the war has actually started, the Templars were helping the Patriots to get rid of the Crown in the area. Heck, it's one of the plot points of the game that Templars are not equal British.

SlyTrooper
09-06-2014, 11:55 PM
The Templars aren't demonized by the games, but the fans themselves. You can't use the examples of AC2 & ACB because the modern Templars acknowledge them as corrupt. They are not true Templars.

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 12:58 AM
I was looking at the painting of Rodrigo in the modern day of AC4 and it titled him as a caring "family man". It didn't list any of his bad parts.

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Literally both Rogue and Unity are going to put templars in a good light.

And AC3 kinda did that. (barely)

Or make them look worse...depends on the writing.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 01:26 AM
well it's better than the mustache twirling templars in AC2 and Brotherhood.

Ureh
09-07-2014, 02:35 AM
I was looking at the painting of Rodrigo in the modern day of AC4 and it titled him as a caring "family man". It didn't list any of his bad parts.

I think those files in AC4 are meant for non-Templars....which probably include a lot of the entertainment employees (or anyone that isn't complicit to their secrets).

In the ACR multiplayer files (#13), only for the eyes of their most trusted Templars, they said:

While our Order thrived in the Middle Ages, it fell into despondency during the Renaissance (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Renaissance). Operating on the fringe of society, our leaders – led by Rodrigo Borgia (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Rodrigo_Borgia) – lost their way. Blinded by greed and personal ambition, they forgot the purpose of our Order. These were truly dark times for us.Despite the mistakes of the Renaissance, the search for understanding continued. In the shadow of the Cross, greater men pushed on, becoming what we should have aspired to be: true pioneers of scientific research. It was because of them that the era came to be called the Renaissance.
Humanity (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Humans) was not lost after all.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo_Files

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Huh, thanks for clearing that up. It's great that Ubisoft puts that much attention to detail into their games and kind of realizes they were very black and white characters not morally grey. I also like how they're conflicting viewpoints on Rodrigo but Ubisoft still knows what they're doing.

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 02:55 AM
I think they are represented perfectly. Also the point is that templars want peace but the way the go about is wrong. Which is always pointed out. They are about order... and well the nazis had order.

SlyTrooper
09-07-2014, 03:35 AM
I think they are represented perfectly. Also the point is that templars want peace but the way the go about is wrong. Which is always pointed out. They are about order... and well the nazis had order.

Except the Nazis were about discrimination, the Templars are the opposite of that.

Fatal-Feit
09-07-2014, 03:40 AM
There have never been an AC that perfectly separates Assassins and Templars from good vs evil, even now, but the latest games (aka, the North American Saga) have been making amends for the god-awful cartoon villain Templars that are prominent in most of the Ezio Trilogy. However, as excited as I am for Rogue, playing as a Templar might be stepping too far. Our protagonists have always needed a sympathetic motive for their actions, so having to hunt down and slay Assassins might go beyond what makes the series morally grey. For example, the Templars are usually responsible for being behind tragedies like the the Auditores' death, so what will the Assassins do to cause a change in Shay's principles? Killing innocents like the trailer suppose? Something equally wrong, or worse? As much as I love the new Templars, the writers have better tread carefully.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 03:49 AM
I'm kinda glad templars are slowly becoming more accepted as just people with different views.

Who knows, maybe Assassin's Creed will get new villains and a game where you don't kill templars at all (from an assassin's perspective).

SlyTrooper
09-07-2014, 04:04 AM
I do expect we will get more games starring Templars in the future.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 04:15 AM
I expect three templar games total.

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 05:54 AM
I'm expecting a sympathic Templar Father that has his Family Murdered/ R**** in front of him by Assassins... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 05:57 AM
I'd love a game starring a lone soldier whose brother and fellow soldiers are killed by assassins right infront of him

And the soldier kills people on both sides.

And never once does the soldier become a templar or assassin.

but thats off-topic sry.

Hans684
09-07-2014, 08:42 AM
They are by the fans. If you expect NK once the Templars are in control you might as well call the Assassins anarchist and both is wrong way to view either order.

RinoTheBouncer
09-07-2014, 12:15 PM
I think the Templars were always considered bad guys because they didn’t care about methods nor who will die as a consequence of their behaviors. Now I know the Assassins have the famous “Everything is permitted” which may be translated to “do anything to accomplish your mission, regardless”, but yet they had “stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent”. We sympathize a lot with the Assassins because they kill bad people. While the Templars don’t mind killing innocent people to achieve their goals. That’s the part that makes most fans take the Assassin side even though it’s a flawed one as well.

SlyTrooper
09-07-2014, 03:50 PM
I'd love a game starring a lone soldier whose brother and fellow soldiers are killed by assassins right infront of him

And the soldier kills people on both sides.

And never once does the soldier become a templar or assassin.

but thats off-topic sry.

I've always wanted a game where you play as a mercenary working for the Templars.