PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Arno's Accent! (NOT WHAT YOU THINK)

king-hailz
09-06-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm not bashing on the British accents because I am over that. However this is more about Arno's accent. From everything we have heard so far it sounds completely off! It really sounds like some American guy trying to do a British accents but it sounds very stereotypical.

I don't know where he is from I think he is from canada. So I am 100 percent sure that it is a fake British accent. I remember people saying they shouldn't get people to fake a french accent. But how is this different?

CoachAssassin
09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I actually found his accent to be spot on for the time period. People spoke like this back then.

king-hailz
09-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I actually found his accent to be spot on for the time period. People spoke like this back then.

I don't think that is what he was going for... British actors find it hard to do accents from around the country... let's alone a Canadian actor knowing exactly how British people spoke back then... that's just bull... it'd just a bad British accents... also if he was going for how people spoke back then, then why not do a french accents.

Sushiglutton
09-06-2014, 07:40 PM
The only thing we have heard so far is the couple of lines Arno spoke on the roof before the Notre Dame mission, right?

king-hailz
09-06-2014, 07:48 PM
No we have heard him the gamescom demo and the game play trailer...We have heard enough.... oh well this isn't a problem for the rest of the world...u lot all love 5th British accents no matter how bad it is...

VitoAuditore
09-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I didnt like Arno's accent either, but it wasnt nearly as annoying to me as mr. blackbeard telling him his mission. I mean, its the same voice actor I can live with that. but that accent! its 100% the same as his accent as blackbeard.

king-hailz
09-06-2014, 07:59 PM
I know it sounded exactly like black beard and it looks like him too... I hope he is in it for like one mission but I doubt it... why are there pirates in the French revolution lol...

Sushiglutton
09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
No we have heard him the gamescom demo and the game play trailer...We have heard enough.... oh well this isn't a problem for the rest of the world...u lot all love 5th British accents no matter how bad it is...

Ha, yep I'm a filthy accent casual! To me his voice sounds very sharp in a way I really like. So far, so good for me.

rob1990312
09-06-2014, 08:09 PM
It would be a lot better if ubisoft got authentic voice actors from the country the actor is potraying. I think that shays irish accent in rogue is beyond horrible but that is because im irish. The same probably goes for arnos accent with english people, not that they would think its horrible but just not very authentic

pacmanate
09-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I didnt like Arno's accent either, but it wasnt nearly as annoying to me as mr. blackbeard telling him his mission. I mean, its the same voice actor I can live with that. but that accent! its 100% the same as his accent as blackbeard.

Yeah this puts me off too.

Also in the Aveline mission in Black Flag the first guard you have to kill has the same accent as that Irish guy on the Homestead in AC3. I don't mind them using the same VA's, but make them diverse.

SlyTrooper
09-06-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm English & I can tell you that his accent is good. He sounds like he lives in my area.

rob1990312
09-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Ya i like his accent im just using this opportunity to complain about shays accent

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm English & I can tell you that his accent is good. He sounds like he lives in my area.

Well then you will know that in the games com trailer especially he says some words very wrong which have an American accent to them... I know it's not much but it enough to make me think his accent doesn't match...

SixKeys
09-07-2014, 01:28 AM

I don't think Blackbeard used the same accent. The same exact voice, yes, but not the accent.

If we're going to complain about that, might as well complain that the Bureau leader in Damascus has the exact same voice AND accent as Leonardo da Vinci in 15th century Italy.

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Who cares?

AC1 Altair's voice wasn't accurate but he said all the Arabic words correctly.
Ezio's Accent wasn't Accurate, he just pronounced all the words and sentences correctly.
ACR Altair's Accent wasn't Accurate, but it sounded "Interesting".
Haytham's Accent wasn't Accurate, but his personality and appearance makes up for it.

The point I'm trying to make is that Accents don't matter because Ubi already do bad with them anyway. Arno is no different.

I personally like Arno voice as it really matches his personality and overall look. No need to make the French Accent sounds silly and Stereotypical like how Ezio's Italian Accent was.

All that matters is execution and how pronounce Certain Words, Sentences, and Phrases.

ACCENTS DON'T MATTER!

SixKeys
09-07-2014, 01:45 AM
Ezio's Accent wasn't Accurate, he just pronounced all the words and sentences correctly.

Not even that. Real Italian people think Ezio's Italian is laughable. It only sounds authentic if you're not an expert. Even Roger Craig Smith has said his accent was more of a mix between Spanish and Italian.

Also, Connor's Mohawk wasn't authentic either, since Noah Watts is from the Crow tribe, not Mohawk.

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 01:59 AM
Not even that. Real Italian people think Ezio's Italian is laughable. It only sounds authentic if you're not an expert. Even Roger Craig Smith has said his accent was more of a mix between Spanish and Italian.

Also, Connor's Mohawk wasn't authentic either, since Noah Watts is from the Crow tribe, not Mohawk.

I was gonna say that, but I remembered some scenes with pronouncing some words and stuff.

But I agree about how laughable the accent is though.

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 01:59 AM

That is EXACTLY my point, Italians found that laughable, and I find this laughable. What is the difference. You didn't want a stereotypical Italian accent but we got a stereotypical British accent!

Namikaze_17
09-07-2014, 02:04 AM
That is EXACTLY my point, Italians found that laughable, and I find this laughable. What is the difference. You didn't want a stereotypical Italian accent but we got a stereotypical British accent!

And? I take Arno's voice/ Accent WAY more seriously than I ever took Ezio's. With or without an Accent, it's execution and how you at least try to match the Era is what matters to me.

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 02:52 AM
And? I take Arno's voice/ Accent WAY more seriously than I ever took Ezio's. With or without an Accent, it's execution and how you at least try to match the Era is what matters to me.

I do think the voice actor is great his voice is awesome it's just ruined from the fake accent...

Layytez
09-07-2014, 03:17 AM
I have no problem with his accent. Shays however....

Fatal-Feit
09-07-2014, 03:52 AM
I... Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what most most accents are like. If it's sounds cool and seems appropriate enough for the character, I don't really care. Both Shay's and Arno's are fine, IMO.

CoachAssassin
09-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Honestly, it sounds like a dramatic posh accent, most commonly spoken in victorian London. The dramatic tone he uses makes you belief he speaks wrongly but believe me when I say he doesn't. He pronounces it in a very distinguished accent, I can't 100% remember where it is from but It's definitely british.

SlyTrooper
09-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Honestly, it sounds like a dramatic posh accent, most commonly spoken in victorian London. The dramatic tone he uses makes you belief he speaks wrongly but believe me when I say he doesn't. He pronounces it in a very distinguished accent, I can't 100% remember where it is from but It's definitely british.

Lancashire?

king-hailz
09-07-2014, 03:58 PM

I'm sorry but I hear the American accent come out of his voice... and his posh accent sounds extremely forced... I live in England and have heard many different accents from England and not 1 sounds remotely like the American accent.

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM

Theres no point complaining about it as the game is probably nearly completed. I don't really care about his accent, I care more about his personality.

VitoAuditore
09-07-2014, 05:21 PM
If we're going to complain about that, might as well complain that the Bureau leader in Damascus has the exact same voice AND accent as Leonardo da Vinci in 15th century Italy.
Yeah, to be honest that did really bother me. and maybe its just me then but I couldnt hear any difference between that assassin and blackbeard(xept maybe that he talked a little less loud). I really couldnt hear a difference in his accent.

edit: I really dont mean to ***** about such things, but it just breaks my immersion