PDA

View Full Version : Altair & Ezio redux!

DengueGoo
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Hello

I'd like to see Altair and Ezio remastered for next gen but with THE NEW CONTROLS LAYOUT...

If you like the idea, please spread it! Thx :p:cool:

DynastyEmpire
09-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Cool idea, just throw in assassin's creed bloodlines remake as well and add more story to it ubisoft:).

So Assassin's creed 1 Remastered, Assassin's creed bloodlines remastered with more story, brand new engine & game mechanics, Also add the ezio trilogy & do the same with those as well.

pacmanate
09-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Meh. I like the old games how they are. Giving them new stuff doesn't make it old and its not the same game I fell in love with.

rob1990312
09-06-2014, 08:14 PM
It would be nice to see them slightly remastered graphics wise and ported onto the new consoles as long as they still felt like the original game

lothario-da-be
09-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Too early for a redux/remaster/remake imo.

Hans684
09-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Why? I'd rather have an Al Mualim(him as protagonist) game or Ancient Rome. It's the same but different and better(because of current gen). A remake/master won't reach the same level as Unity.

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 06:41 AM
I like the old games how they are.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 06:49 AM
How about this...if you really want the settings remade in next gen so bad:

-1290, Mamluk Empire, travel to the cities of Egypt and Damascus to rid the empire of Templar influence as Master Assassin bleh blah

-1510, Italian city states, travel around Italy to rid the states of Templar influence as Master Assassin Francisco Vecellio

Fatal-Feit
09-08-2014, 06:51 AM

-1290, Mamluk Empire, travel to the cities of Egypt and Damascus to rid the empire of Templar influence as Master Assassin bleh blah

-1510, Italian city states, travel around Italy to rid the states of Templar influence as Master Assassin Francisco Vecellio

I dig it.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 06:58 AM
I dig it.
Right? reading it again, i actually dig it too....

LoyalACFan
09-08-2014, 08:32 AM

Francesco Vecellio was a real guy so they probably wouldn't go that route, but other than that, sure.

That said, I'd totally buy a proper Altair game that covers his whole life post-AC1. ACR's memory seals didn't do it justice. I'd like to see Discovery remade on consoles too, but I'd rather have it star a Spanish Assassin. I love Ezio but he's had his time.

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 04:34 PM
That said, I'd totally buy a proper Altair game that covers his whole life post-AC1. ACR's memory seals didn't do it justice.

Please! The seals thing is really not enough closure for Altair...especially when you see Ezio getting a game for every time he goes to the bathroom.

DynastyEmpire
09-08-2014, 05:08 PM

How about the ottoman empire with vlad the implarer as the main templar.

EaglePrince25
09-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Not that I can't see it eventually being done, but I think it's too early for that.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-08-2014, 10:26 PM
They should remaster/remake AC1 for the 10 year anniversary.

Hans684
09-09-2014, 05:03 AM
^ Al Mualim game instead.

Fatal-Feit
09-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Part of me wish Rogue was an AC:1 remake with the AnvilNext. A final take off for last-gen.

LoyalACFan
09-09-2014, 05:09 AM
Part of me wish Rogue was an AC:1 remake with the AnvilNext. A final take off for last-gen.

I'd rather not pollute AC1's memory with AC3-style dumbed-down parkour mechanics. The new style LOOKS a hell of a lot better, but the old one FELT much better gameplay-wise IMHO. AC4 had the same problem so don't interpret that as AC3-bashing, AC3 was just the first to do it the new way. I'll reserve judgment on Unity until I play it, but it looks better.

I would KILL to get a Unity-style 1:1 remake of either AC1 or 2 with interiors though. Seamlessly exploring life-size replications of the Florence Cathedral and Giotto's Campanile, hnngghh...

Fatal-Feit
09-09-2014, 05:17 AM
I'd rather not pollute AC1's memory with AC3-style dumbed-down parkour mechanics. The new style LOOKS a hell of a lot better, but the old one FELT much better gameplay-wise IMHO. AC4 had the same problem so don't interpret that as AC3-bashing, AC3 was just the first to do it the new way. I'll reserve judgment on Unity until I play it, but it looks better.

Eh, I prefer the new parkour over the old one, any day. You can jump/flip/slide under tables/fences/boxes/etc and getting down is much, much easier.

Also, I think AC:1 can benefit from climbing rocks, trees, etc. Some of the setting fits it.

I would KILL to get a Unity-style 1:1 remake of either AC1 or 2 with interiors though. Seamlessly exploring life-size replications of the Florence Cathedral and Giotto's Campanile, hnngghh...

That would be brilliant.

Paris reminds me a lot of Florence.

Assassin_M
09-09-2014, 05:20 AM
I'd rather not pollute AC1's memory with AC3-style dumbed-down parkour mechanics.
I don't see the difference between "hold 2 buttons to climb and sprint" and "hold 1 button to climb and sprint" AC III's system made descending buildings SO much easier and it removed the hassle of jumping away from rooftops onto the floor. Lets not kid ourselves and pretend that AC I's system was any "deeper"

shobhit7777777
09-09-2014, 06:45 AM
AC1 on AC3/4 Engine would be absolutely fantastic.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-14-2014, 01:51 AM
AC1 on AC3/4 Engine would be absolutely fantastic.

AC1 (and even 2) would be glorious on the ACU engine. Well... probably. We haven't actually gotten to see if it lives up but IN THEORY. But yes, 3/4's engine would be pretty fantastic for those games.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2014, 01:53 AM
I guess I'll be the first to say it. AC:3/4's climbing/parkour animations looks better than Unity, IMO.

And so are the graphics.

Shahkulu101
09-14-2014, 02:04 AM
I guess I'll be the first to say it. AC:3/4's climbing/parkour animations looks better than Unity, IMO.

And so are the graphics.

First, last and only one.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2014, 02:06 AM
I hope so.

ze_topazio
09-14-2014, 03:16 AM

And so are the graphics.

Jaysus you really have a strange obsession with AC3.

Ureh
09-14-2014, 04:05 AM

And so are the graphics.

I think some of the AC3/4 parkour look as good as or better than some of ACU's parkour (remember that time when Arno melded into Notre Dame in the gamescom demo? yucky). But the city graphics for ACU look to be above and beyond most of what we saw in 3/4. The buildings in the distance look much better, I think. :)

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2014, 01:56 PM
I think some of the AC3/4 parkour look as good as or better than some of ACU's parkour (remember that time when Arno melded into Notre Dame in the gamescom demo? yucky). But the city graphics for ACU look to be above and beyond most of what we saw in 3/4. The buildings in the distance look much better, I think. :)

AC:U looks a little more stiff and clippy than the previous titles. A little too floaty(?), I guess.

The draw distance have been in improved indefinitely, but some minor pop-ins are noticeable. But nothing immersion breaking. Crowds, however...

And the new haystack... Yeesh.

Jaysus you really have a strange obsession with AC3.

I've been rewatching AC:U's gameplay trailers repeatedly everyday. But when I jump onto the latest titles, they just look a little better. The way they animate when they climb looks more authentic and realistic as they grab onto ledges and polls. AC:U's looks... solid, but its animations can get stiff and clippy. Some examples are when Arno touches the ground from a height, climb upwards, or jump out of windows. I can't say the climbing was improved. (aside from the new sexy backward leap*