PDA

View Full Version : ACU and Kinect question

skiddalz
09-06-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm getting ready to buy an XBOX ONE and I am wondering, is the Kinect really necessary? Especially for AC:U since that will be the main game I will be playing. Let me know the pros and cons if you can with Kinect and your opinion if it's worth getting or not.

Will_Lucky
09-06-2014, 05:19 PM
To put it simply, no.

Kinect has been dropped from the main bundle anyway by Microsoft as they and third parties tend to retreat from it. Developers were never exactly happy by the prospect of having it anyway. The AC series simply has no use for Kinect at this point in time and likely never will.

Shahkulu101
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah you can choose to control navigation with the Kinect.

HDinHB
09-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Obligatory video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NufHsmITjM

But if you're not getting Kinect, why not get PS4?

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 01:17 AM
This is the kind of question we would find on a twitter Q&A.

SixKeys
09-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Obligatory video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NufHsmITjM

But if you're not getting Kinect, why not get PS4?

Still the best April Fool's gaming prank ever.

GoldenBoy9999
09-07-2014, 01:48 AM
I don't think the Kinect will have anything to do with Unity. I got Xbox One on day one with Kinect and I don't regret the purchase because some things are just simpler like if you're walking around or eating a snack you can just use voice commands. And if you do get the Xbox One you can add me and maybe we can play.

skiddalz
09-07-2014, 04:19 AM
This is the kind of question we would find on a twitter Q&A.
What does that mean? lol

skiddalz
09-07-2014, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the input everyone!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-07-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm getting ready to buy an XBOX ONE and I am wondering, is the Kinect really necessary? Especially for AC:U since that will be the main game I will be playing. Let me know the pros and cons if you can with Kinect and your opinion if it's worth getting or not.

Not really, no. If you like the idea, it wouldn't hurt but it's also a hundred dollars more than the Kinect-less Xbox One. That said... if you have the money and can afford a $499 console which the Kinect is, you COULD instead get the upcoming Call of Duty Advanced Warfare bundle for the same price. You don't get the Kinect but you get a 1 terabyte hard drive instead of the standard 500 gigabyte hard drive plus CoD: Advanced Warfare. The console has a unique paint job and the controller is unique as well. That's the version I'll be getting (hopefully soon) because of the extra space and the controller is cool. You'd have to also be okay with the different color scheme as well though. It's gray, black, and gold. It's not out yet but you can pre-order it. If you trade-in an old PS3 or 360 that's in working condition, you can get $100 toward the system, essentially making it 400 bucks instead. I think that offer is limited to the United States though so if you're elsewhere that won't help.

Here's a link if you wanna check it out!
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Limited-Edition-Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Bundle/productID.306584200