PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to increase the analog stick dead zone?

damassacre
09-06-2014, 01:09 PM
My left analog stick is acting out and it does not stay in the middle (0,0) when at rest. Instead, it is always leaning slightly to the left and up, and the effects are visible even in the menu. It gets worse when playing because the rider is always leaning to the left, and as a result I'm always compensating for my movements. It gets hard to even do bunny hops sometimes. I suppose that's what 1000+ hours of Fifa and ~500+ more hours of trials gold/fusion will do to a controller.

The easiest fix for this (that's cheaper than buying a new controller) is increasing the dead zone. Unfortunately, the game doesn't have a menu option to do so. I was wondering, is there a configuration file (like a *.ini) somewhere that I could edit to increase the deadzone?

TeriXeri
09-06-2014, 01:27 PM
My x360 left stick also has a bit of left pull , not always but often, mostly noticeable in the color picker in editor. It's not as bad yet to get a new controller but getting to notice it more and more.

Anyone got experience with an X1 controller on PC (with microsoft drivers) is it supported in Fusion?? (connect the controller with a micro USB, as it's wireless by default it seems)

X360 controllers aren't dropping in price yet, and X1 controllers are about 50% above that.

damassacre
09-06-2014, 01:39 PM
I've just tried setting the deadzone with x360ce (https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/) but that doesn't seem to work either. That program could solve my deadzone problem and also enable you to use the XB1 controller in Fusion PC + any other game that supports 360 controllers

IImayneII
09-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Just to make sure...you put the files in the folder with the fusion *.exe file right? Else it doesn't work.

damassacre
09-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah I did..I've successfully used it on other games before but for some reason it does not work with Trials Fusion. It might also be a problem with windows 8, not quite sure yet.

edgardcx
09-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Hello, i have the same problem with my controller, this only happens with Trials Fusion, my controllers works fine with other games including TE: GE.
This not only affect the left stick, i have problems with both stick in this game, its annoying when im in the air and my rider lean or even do tricks himself, with both sticks in the center, its even worse when i have 2 controllers connected to my computer.
I hope a solution for this, because i havent played much this game because of that.

damassacre
09-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Good news! Even though x360ce (https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/) refuses to work, I've found a similar tool that works with fusion. Say hello to Durazno (https://code.google.com/p/magical-tools/wiki/Durazno). Unfortunately, it lacks the x360ce capability of having different deadzones for different sticks, but other than that it works just fine. My controller is so bad that I had to set an analog stick deadzone of 50%, but now I have full control of my rider again. Naturally, the bike feels heavier because more distance has to be travelled for input to register, but at least that's consistent and I'll get used to it.

PS. an in-game deadzone option in the future would be cool though :)