PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Making-Of's and the Extras/

AdamPearce
09-06-2014, 02:14 AM
This is really a minor thing.

Back in the old days, Ubisoft used to include Making-Of's the game in the main menu under an Extra layer. It was really interesting to see how the game was made and provided almost exclusive content about it. Obviously this was before Making-Of's began to be posted all around the net. For example, on the disc of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time you have around 3 or 4 Making-Of videos about say the animations, the design, the story, etc. Not only, you can also unlock artworks and such in the game, and trailers.

I would really appreciate it if Ubisoft would bring back those Making-Of, Trailers & Artworks in their game. I really think it would help most people ''understand'' the game and it's flaws, and also see the incredible amount of work that was put in it. Plus, it's just a really cool thing to have devs interview in the game without having to suck up IGN or Gametrailers. I believe this practice stopped with ACBrotherhood, cause' I recall AC2 had awesome Extras, though I am not sure.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think about it !/

SixKeys
09-06-2014, 02:19 AM
ACB had The Brotherhood Diaries where devs talked about making the game, and I think the special edition game with a DVD that had some making-of extras on it. I miss these too, but maybe with the yearly releases they just don't have time anymore.

AdamPearce
09-06-2014, 02:24 AM
ACB had The Brotherhood Diaries where devs talked about making the game, and I think the special edition game with a DVD that had some making-of extras on it. I miss these too, but maybe with the yearly releases they just don't have time anymore.

Well there still capable of pulling something for IGN, E3, Gamescom, Pax and so I don't think it's really a problem, and since all the trailers are already made there's really no reason not to put them in.

Yeah the whole Cesare Borgia animated thing, I didn't like the way they sold it.

SixKeys
09-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Well there still capable of pulling something for IGN, E3, Gamescom, Pax and so I don't think it's really a problem, and since all the trailers are already made there's really no reason not to put them in.

Because interviews with huge gaming sites generate a lot more publicity than the occasional making-of video on Ubi's own site.

AdamPearce
09-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Because interviews with huge gaming sites generate a lot more publicity than the occasional making-of video on Ubi's own site.

I doubt it, most of the publicity comes from Ubisoft itself, those video only profits the gaming sites. Because if you're enough informed to actual know of those sites, then for sure you know the game, and if we consider the small amount of views they actually get, it doesn't match up. Though maybe it's profitable since the gaming sites sure pay lots to get those interviews, but, so are we.

Xstantin
09-06-2014, 02:35 AM
I like watching dev diaries but looks like it's a thing of the past now.

AdamPearce
09-06-2014, 05:26 AM
You're too grim.

naumaan
09-06-2014, 05:34 AM
i agree with the topic

@sixkeys

your signature made me laugh .. lol

Xstantin
09-06-2014, 05:40 AM
You're too grim.

I just go by recent Ubi releases so far there is nothing similar to "Making of" videos. AC games haven't had any tie-in movies like 'Embers' for two games now as well. On the other hand, TLOU remaster got a video with it so adding something like that not necessarily dead. I think The Order gets some extras as well. Who knows.

Ureh
09-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Yeah I like how they included the first episode of Lineage in AC2 and also a making-of.

I think I also like the Deus Ex HR Director's Cut thingy... while you play the game some relevant concept art will pop up or some developer commentary.

NondairyGold
09-06-2014, 12:01 PM
I think it all comes down to space on the disc. If you notice in the early days they had loads of extra's but as they pushed to get more and more from each system the extra's fell away. I liked those extra's, unfortunately I don't think we'll see them again.