PDA

View Full Version : Are we expecting to much?

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:27 PM
The IL-2 and FB are the best simulatours right now, at my opinion.

Many want to reenact the full realism of the airwar of the eastern front, exept from beeing killed of course. Somebody perhaps were a leather flight helmet.

Whe want every plane AI or human to fly exactly as the law of physics and aerodynamics predicts. We want the AI to fly planes as a human oponent. The AI must adapt to every different plane. It cheats if it shoots to accurate etc etc. On top of this many use illegal copies of the game and make comments about the lack of this and the unbalance of that.
This is only a game and it cant fulfill every detail of realism.
Lets make a deal

"If everyone swears by something that is holy for them, that they will pay the full price of the game, UBI-soft will put many millions of dollars in the production of a full realism combat flight simulator"

Whe are expecting to much I think.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:27 PM
The IL-2 and FB are the best simulatours right now, at my opinion.

Many want to reenact the full realism of the airwar of the eastern front, exept from beeing killed of course. Somebody perhaps were a leather flight helmet.

Whe want every plane AI or human to fly exactly as the law of physics and aerodynamics predicts. We want the AI to fly planes as a human oponent. The AI must adapt to every different plane. It cheats if it shoots to accurate etc etc. On top of this many use illegal copies of the game and make comments about the lack of this and the unbalance of that.
This is only a game and it cant fulfill every detail of realism.
Lets make a deal

"If everyone swears by something that is holy for them, that they will pay the full price of the game, UBI-soft will put many millions of dollars in the production of a full realism combat flight simulator"

Whe are expecting to much I think.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:37 PM
I think the game is very good, FM and DM wise. There has never been one so good.

But that is no excuse to release a buggy beta version to the public, then patch when they feel like, or never. I was buying FB with expectation that it be less buggy than IL-2, not more. That is reasonable to think.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 04:44 AM
Agree, we expect far too much. Whenever you want to complain, remember that if Il-2 didn't exist, you'd be playing CFS3.

However, Mr. Maddox has shown that he can make a truly great WWII flight sim, and we just want to get the most out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Si vales, valeo.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:11 AM
Silver_Blaze wrote:
- Agree, we expect far too much. Whenever you want to
- complain, remember that if Il-2 didn't exist, you'd
- be playing CFS3.

Sobering isnt it...../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ......../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Yes,a very sobering thought. Yet,still they complain..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

Message Edited on 09/21/0312:24AM by necrobaron

tRANsiENt69
09-21-2003, 07:09 AM
hello,
Iam from the ravenshiled end of ubi, and you are exactly right. These people have no idea (ubi that is) have no idea, what customer service is, they feel like you HAVE to buy computer games, when in fact you dont.
Anyway, we have the same thing going on with ravenshield that you have with these games and demos. Buggy products, including sarcastic remarks like "what I did wrong to cause this" when you get a general protection fault, things that arent thought out very well, just bad developement.
I was waiting for these games to get released in a pack before I get them, just check out the other ubi forums cause we arent alone, with our complaints gl.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 09:43 AM
I have to side with the whinners on this one.See,if they didnt whine,then Oleg and crew go on their merry way thinking that their product is loved and enjoyed by all.When customers start complaining ""I want this and I want that"" they are actually making good for the whole FB community and WW2 sims in general.Trust me for I am right here.

Now all this pushing has done something right in my opinion.The vast majority of FB planes hit their targeted speeds in IL2-Compare perfectly.FB1.0 they didnt.The ones that dont are some of the big bombers and the Storch flying 20 or 30 KPH faster than they should.No big deal and if people complained then they too would probably get fixed./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Now Oleg seems like an honest man and wants to make his customers happy and very important he really digs modeling WW2 planes on home pc's.Were lucky to have a guy like him at the helm,be sure/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif