PDA

View Full Version : Do you hope Shay dies?

THE_JOKE_KING33
09-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Do you hope Shay gets assassinated or dies at the end of Rouge? I hope not, I kinda want this to be a solid victory for the Templars that we actually see (outside of The Fall, but that was a comic) and for the guy who did so to make it out alive, they did say that this would be the darkest AC yet.

Kaschra
09-05-2014, 09:55 PM
No, definitely not. Hope he survives

JustPlainQuirky
09-05-2014, 09:57 PM
No.

Not unless it's under a candle light with Haytham in his arms.

Hans684
09-05-2014, 09:58 PM
He can't die, we are reliving memories. As in something that has already happened, it has to be sometime after Rogue but still before Connor.

Xstantin
09-05-2014, 10:00 PM
If it's a beautiful death, absolutely.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Depends on what kind of character he is :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
09-05-2014, 10:12 PM
In Rogue's story? No.

Afterwards? Yes.

But what? Old Age, Assassinated, betrayed, Connor, etc.

It could be one of these or none of them.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-05-2014, 10:13 PM
I'd like to see him die. He obviously "wins" so to speak by all but eradicating the Assassins in colonies. I'd like to see them all fall to his blade, one by one. I wonder if he'll even be the cause of Achilles being a cripple (during their fight, he severely injures Achilles who still manages to get his own good hits in before escaping)

Then, at the end, after all is said and done -- Achilles dons his robes one last time and assassinates Shay (somehow) before hanging up the robes for good. That would be pretty cool.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-05-2014, 10:54 PM
No, not in rogue, perhaps after.

SlyTrooper
09-05-2014, 11:15 PM
No. He is too badass for that. The scene at the end of The Hunter trailer sums it up. There was no fear in his eyes.

I also feel sorry for him, but that's not manly enough.

MakimotoJin
09-06-2014, 01:03 AM
No.Well,kinda.Although I don't want him killing main characters like Adewale,I don't think it would be good to see him dying by them.Since it's a new perspective of Assassin's Creed,maybe we could get a happy ending,without main characters dying(cough cough Desmond cough).I think he might die in a cutscene with Arno.

RinoTheBouncer
09-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Well it depends on what kind of person he is and what kind of person/people are the ones who will kill him. If he turns out to be a good person who got betrayed certain bad things in the Brotherhood, then I surely want him to win, because I’m sure both the Templars and the Assassins have good and bad people on their side, or let’s say people who have abused their authority and position.

I hope the game won’t just flip the titles, but rather flip the camera only. If the Templars are bad, I wanna see them still being bad, and if the Assassins are as good as we’ve seen so far (almost), then I want them to remain that way, just seeing the story from the enemy’s perspective rather than just turning the assassins to ruthless, cold-blooded killers, even though I’m hoping for a morally gray story. But what I mean is, if they’re to go for good vs. bad, I hope the Assassins won’t just turn bad because they’re our enemies like many AC games that made us automatically consider the Templars to be bad. But rather have a good reason to make them our enemies and make their personalities the same as we see them when we’re Assassins, not as typical villains or random hooded figures.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2014, 01:56 AM
I don't give a rat's *** about Shay to be perfectly honest, but I'd like to see him die rather than have him disappear for some contrived reason that retroactively explains his absence in AC3.

Now that it's been mentioned, I'd really like to take him down as Achilles 'Stachenport :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
09-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Achilles was whopping his *** in that Trailer...

I wonder if it was before or after he lost his family, thus the rage.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Achilles was whopping his *** in that Trailer...

I wonder if it was before or after he lost his family, thus the rage.

I'd say before, since I believe they died in 1763 (aka the very end of Rogue). This scene didn't look like it was a finale-type of scenario, since Shay pretty much just bailed on the fight.

OpticSpecs
09-06-2014, 05:21 AM
I hope not, The Templars really need him.

The_Kiwi_
09-06-2014, 08:08 AM
I don't give a rat's *** about Shay to be perfectly honest, but I'd like to see him die rather than have him disappear for some contrived reason that retroactively explains his absence in AC3.

Shay disappearing mysteriously would be just like how Thor appeared mysteriously in The Avengers even though The Bifrost was destroyed haha. The Avengers was still awesome besides that glaring plothole, so I have faith Rogue will pull through.

In game, if he gets given a good death like Altaïr's then I'll be ok with it, but if he gets a sh*tty death like Ezio's then I'll be upset.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Shay disappearing mysteriously would be just like how Thor appeared mysteriously in The Avengers even though The Bifrost was destroyed haha. The Avengers was still awesome besides that glaring plothole, so I have faith Rogue will pull through.

In game, if he gets given a good death like Altaïr's then I'll be ok with it, but if he gets a sh*tty death like Ezio's then I'll be upset.

Ezio's death was way better than Altair's IMO... he died with a smile on his face watching his little family shop safely in the villa where his father was killed. The work he had done years ago had ensured that that moment could happen. It was about as beautiful and painless as anybody could hope for.

Whereas Altair starved to death alone in a cold castle chamber haunted by the echoing voices of everyone he had ever failed :nonchalance:

It was an incredibly well-executed scene, no doubt, but if I could choose whether I wanted to die like Ezio or Altair... I'm going with Ezio

The_Kiwi_
09-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Ezio's death was way better than Altair's IMO... he died with a smile on his face watching his little family shop safely in the villa where his father was killed. The work he had done years ago had ensured that that moment could happen. It was about as beautiful and painless as anybody could hope for.

Whereas Altair starved to death alone in a cold castle chamber haunted by the echoing voices of everyone he had ever failed :nonchalance:

It was an incredibly well-executed scene, no doubt, but if I could choose whether I wanted to die like Ezio or Altair... I'm going with Ezio

Altaïr sacrificed himself to protect the Apple, that door could only be locked from the inside so he had to go in there, a noble sacrifice. Ezio felt that he didn't need to be an Assassin anymore, that he had served his time, even when Shao Jun came to him he was extremely reluctant to help because he didn't want to be an Assassin anymore.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Altaïr sacrificed himself to protect the Apple, that door could only be locked from the inside so he had to go in there, a noble sacrifice. Ezio felt that he didn't need to be an Assassin anymore, that he had served his time, even when Shao Jun came to him he was extremely reluctant to help because he didn't want to be an Assassin anymore.

Altair went AWOL on the Brotherhood for twenty years, just sayin'. Ezio wasn't the only one who wanted out. He basically got the twilight years Altair wanted.

The_Kiwi_
09-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Altair went AWOL on the Brotherhood for twenty years, just sayin'.

Only because he thought it wasn't the Brotherhood anymore, he thought Abbas had corrupted it and made it into something that it isn't, so he went and did his own Order stuff.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Only because he thought it wasn't the Brotherhood anymore, he thought Abbas had corrupted it and made it into something that it isn't, so he went and did his own Order stuff.

He moped around and studied the Apple for 20 years. And later voiced regret that he failed to realize he had seen enough for one life. That's pretty much the main reason Ezio quit when he did IMO; after seeing how Altair's life devolved through his incessant dedication to the Brotherhood and the Apple in old age, he decided to hang up his guns and quit while he was ahead.

GunnerGalactico
09-06-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't want him to die, at least not too soon. The game is not even released yet and we don't even know everything about in him in detail or for what exact reason he turned on the Assassins. Who knows, we might even be sympathetic to his reasons.

SlyTrooper
09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't want him to die, at least not too soon. The game is not even released yet and we don't even know everything about in him in detail or for what exact reason he turned on the Assassins. Who knows, we might even be sympathetic to his reasons.

I already am. To be honest, I'm sympathetic with a lot of Templars. This was more in AC3, but also a bit in AC1.

EaglePrince25
09-07-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't know if i'd say i'm hoping for him to die, but I do think he should, as I see that as the easiest way to wrap up his absence in 3; preferably by Achilles, as revenge for destroying the Colonial Brotherhood. In fact, it'd be cool if we played the entire game as Shay, and then had the perspective shift to Achilles for his death.

That way he'd still have achieved a major victory for the Templars; if he's well written we'd again have a good portrayal of the Templars, in contrast to the group in 2 and Brotherhood. And his story's fully closed.

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't know if i'd say i'm hoping for him to die, but I do think he should, as I see that as the easiest way to wrap up his absence in 3; preferably by Achilles, as revenge for destroying the Colonial Brotherhood. In fact, it'd be cool if we played the entire game as Shay, and then had the perspective shift to Achilles for his death.

Exactly, if Shay was still alive during AC 3, Achille's would have told Connor to assassinate him. Shay kind of has to die before Connor becomes an assassin / trains with Achille's in AC 3.

JustPlainQuirky
09-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Exactly, if Shay was still alive during AC 3, Achille's would have told Connor to assassinate him. Shay kind of has to die before Connor becomes an assassin / trains with Achille's in AC 3.

Maybe Shay and Achilles ended on good terms?

https://warosu.org/data/g/img/0431/15/1405890449975.gif

m4r-k7
09-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Maybe Shay and Achilles ended on good terms?

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/017b557bcf173ac4aa9975dd7da4bc2e/http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k596/shannon1290/impossible_zps74d28583.gif

The_Kiwi_
09-07-2014, 10:46 PM
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/017b557bcf173ac4aa9975dd7da4bc2e/http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k596/shannon1290/impossible_zps74d28583.gif

But... Vader and Luke ended up on good terms too...

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 06:15 AM
To be honest...yes I probably do...unless the story turns out to be completely awesome and badass because of him.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 06:32 AM
He could go into exile, ashamed of what he is done.
This could explain his absence in AC3, and also why Achilles didn't mention him to Connor, because he doesn't know where he is so there's not much point bringing up memories.

And anyway, who's to say that Achilles wasn't eventually killed by Shay? Connor merely found his unconscious body. Shay might have forced him to write a goodbye note so it seemed he knew he was dying, where in actuality Shay had killed him... theories, theories everywhere!!
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4WL5AWsXhzI/maxresdefault.jpg

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 06:34 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4WL5AWsXhzI/maxresdefault.jpg[/SPOILER]
THAT is Ezio being poisoned all over again...no, no no, Achilles was sick and dying, he DIED NATURALLY, okay? no poison, no nothing.

Why would i HOPE he dies? You know...he's most likely actually dead since...he lived in the 1700s, madness, no?

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 06:41 AM
THAT is Ezio being poisoned all over again...no, no no, Achilles was sick and dying, he DIED NATURALLY, okay? no poison, no nothing.

Why would i HOPE he dies? You know...he's most likely actually dead since...he lived in the 1700s, madness, no?

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

You can never know...

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

You can never know...
oh goooooooood, it's even the same reply i get whenever I say that Ezio died naturally and not with poison, it's happening all over again.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 06:49 AM
oh goooooooood, it's even the same reply i get whenever I say that Ezio died naturally and not with poison, it's happening all over again.

You have to admit it's a very ambiguous scene, and is open to interpretation.
I believe that he died of heart failure, or possibly respiratory failure due to his coughing, but why was that guy at the end there?

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 06:54 AM
I believe that he died of heart failure, or possibly respiratory failure due to his coughing, but why was that guy at the end there?
Sure...fine but there's nothing to suggest poison or that the guy killed him. What's open for interpretation and is ambiguous is that guy's identity, not how Ezio died.

HiddenKiller612
09-08-2014, 06:56 AM
Hallucination at the time of death.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 07:01 AM

http://verityjes.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/h5.jpg

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Sure...fine but there's nothing to suggest poison or that the guy killed him. What's open for interpretation and is ambiguous is that guy's identity, not how Ezio died.

I also believe that the guy was sent to kill him, but saw that he was on death's door anyway so decided to just let nature take it's course.

Namikaze_17
09-08-2014, 07:12 AM

^ This.

That guy probably wasn't even real...he was probably a reflection of Ezio's early life and his personality back then. Him being a Templar probably just symbolizes what Ezio was against, or what he could've become.

"You are not Vierri, do not become him."

SuomiKissa
09-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Not. He's going to die in this game, because it would be really stupid to continue the game story I partition after the same character that should not side missions completed. Top Promotion?

I wonder what happened to that, he joined the Templar. One of the mission went wrong, why? Would it behind the Templar? Did the Templar one of the new device, which can brainwash people and to give the Shay to switch sides and turn against their own families? For Shay characteristics were good in it (arrogant, impulsive). Diabolical plot? I wish I actually that it would be like this.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 07:16 AM
I also believe that the guy was sent to kill him, but saw that he was on death's door anyway so decided to just let nature take it's course.
Proof please.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Proof please.

It's the only reasoning I can think of for his presence.

Assassin_M
09-08-2014, 07:27 AM
It's the only reasoning I can think of for his presence.
Okay, do you have a reason for thinking that?

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Okay, do you have a reason for thinking that?

Because out of every single theory I have ever heard, that seems the most reasonable to me.

LoyalACFan
09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't see why the Templars would send someone to assassinate a 65-year-old retiree who had been living peacefully in a vineyard for over a decade. It just seems counter-productive. Ezio DEFINITELY died of natural causes. My theories for the young man are

1.) just some guy who reminded Ezio of his young self
2.) a hallucination of young-self-Ezio
3.) a Templar who wasn't there to kill him. IMO the Italian Templars had plenty of reason to respect Ezio for cutting off the cancer that was the Borgia family. Ezio was kind of paranoid in his old age that someone was going to come after him and possibly hurt his family, so the young man was just there to keep tabs on him and say "it's OK, you can rest, there's no danger from us."

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't see why the Templars would send someone to assassinate a 65-year-old retiree who had been living peacefully in a vineyard for over a decade. It just seems counter-productive. Ezio DEFINITELY died of natural causes. My theories for the young man are

1.) just some guy who reminded Ezio of his young self
2.) a hallucination of young-self-Ezio
3.) a Templar who wasn't there to kill him. IMO the Italian Templars had plenty of reason to respect Ezio for cutting off the cancer that was the Borgia family. Ezio was kind of paranoid in his old age that someone was going to come after him and possibly hurt his family, so the young man was just there to keep tabs on him and say "it's OK, you can rest, there's no danger from us."

I can see why it could be construed as a metaphor but I got the feeling the he knew Ezio, because it seemed like he knew what he had done. The guy said that the women in Rome are better, I always thought that it was a reference to him knowing what he did with Lucrezia in Rome or the fact that his family runs the brothel there.

It seems that he is definitely a Templar, so how could he be a metaphor for young Ezio?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111219161132/assassinscreed/images/thumb/f/f3/Templar_Embers.png/640px-Templar_Embers.png

Legendz54
09-08-2014, 11:28 AM
If he tries to lay one finger on Connor then yes.. I hope Connor Kills him.

EaglePrince25
09-08-2014, 01:29 PM
I hate when that Ezio scene comes up in discussions, because it seems very clear that Ezio died of natural causes; heart failure due to a stressful life, and he was pushed over the edge during further stress caused from the fight at his house. He was coughing literally the entire movie, and wrote a letter to his wife, which proves he himself knew he was dying. Some Templar looking him up years after he'd retired not only doesn't make any sense, but it's pointless for the writers to even have that Templar kill a dying man. I'd also say it clashes with the rest of the scene pretty heavily.

Mike111690
09-08-2014, 01:32 PM
He can't even die in Rogue as he has to live long enough to have children in order for us to be viewing his memories.

So that leaves a few options:

1. He's killed sometime after the events of Rogue
2. He's still alive but is now retired and moved somewhere else, which may be why Achilles didn't bother telling Connor about him
3. He's still alive and active but not around America any longer. Achilles may have mentioned him to Connor in 3 (there's several time jumps during the time Connor is with Achilles and that long conversation he has with Connor about the Assassin's when he first meets him) but seeing as he was gone it wasn't something that needed a thorough explanation.

CoachAssassin
09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
It's meant to keep a bit of a secret touch in there, they literally put that in there to make you decide the end: He died peacefully or he got killed.

The_Kiwi_
09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
He can't even die in Rogue as he has to live long enough to have children in order for us to be viewing his memories.

So that leaves a few options:

1. He's killed sometime after the events of Rogue
2. He's still alive but is now retired and moved somewhere else, which may be why Achilles didn't bother telling Connor about him
3. He's still alive and active but not around America any longer. Achilles may have mentioned him to Connor in 3 (there's several time jumps during the time Connor is with Achilles and that long conversation he has with Connor about the Assassin's when he first meets him) but seeing as he was gone it wasn't something that needed a thorough explanation.

Quite reasonable, all 3 are possible, hopefully Ubisoft realised that he needs to have kids when writing the story and made sure he doesn't die. And there's not much use saying "he already had kids" either, because how is Shay supposed to pass down memories he had AFTER having those kids? It's not like he goes "Come here Mini Shay, I need you to download my recent memories into your DNA so our descendants can use them."
But something tells me that Ubisoft might have overlooked this factor...

jeordievera
09-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't hope that Shay dies
but he most likely will