PDA

View Full Version : Good afternoon my fellow Assassins

fenris19892
09-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I have a question for ya'll and I don't want any hate or any rudeness for asking for an opinion on this but do ya'll believe there should be the option of a female playable character in Assassins Creed Unity?I mean they have customization and they have had female characters in multi-player in previous games so why not have a female assassin playable in at least the co-op segments of the game?I'm also curious as to why they didn't think about that in the pre-development stages XD

Beschikbaar
09-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Didn't you play Liberation?

fenris19892
09-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Didn't you play Liberation?

I mean for Unity and yes I did,wasn't a big fan of it though

playlisting
09-06-2014, 12:22 PM
I think their reasoning was something along the lines of it would be too hard to animate. Not entirely sure though, just writing what I've read.

fenris19892
09-06-2014, 01:20 PM
I think their reasoning was something along the lines of it would be too hard to animate. Not entirely sure though, just writing what I've read.

yeah i heard that to,they also used "oh we don't have the time"but they had time in AC liberation, they had time in AC revelations sure you couldn't control them but there were female assassins you recruited and then of course multiplayer in previous tittles so what changed between then and now?This isn't even for me its just thinking outside the box players these days are looking for options especially in customization.

RapidNinja42
09-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Hi fenris.

So a few months back they actually addressed this. In AC Unity, you are always playing as Arno. Even in co-op. The other players you are seeing in the co-op mode are Arno with a different face under the hood. The only other things that change are the weapons and clothing/armor. They did have the option for female characters in co-op in the very early stages, but somewhere during development, they changed it to the "Always gonna be Arno thing". I'm guessing it was to save time or that feature made them go over their budget idk... Hope this answers your question in some way! :D

Dag_B
09-08-2014, 09:40 PM
That was not about the main character but the coop characters. And the whole discussion was ridiculous because as RapidNinja42 already stated: At this moment it was already clear that there is no choose-able character as in multiplayer mode. So the reason why there is no female is because they chose to simply have a face swap and no new characters.

And an option for a female main character would make no sense. The idea of assassins creed is, to play the memorys of a specific character. To say "choose whether your ancestor was female or male" does not really make sense. Especially in Unity this would cause trouble with the lovestory about Arno and Elise. Maybe if you say "Play a straight male or a lesbian female". Otherwise they would need to include another love interest for the female character and therefore have a completely different story.
So every main character is a set person, not a combination of many options like we have in RPGs.

Maybe one day they will make a game similar to "Tales of Xilia" where you choose whether you want to follow the male main character or the female main character (so you need to play the game twice, to see every scene because these two are not always together). But I am not sure if this will work for Assassins Creed as it would mean, that you always have another character (the one you chose not to play) accompany you on the mission. Otherwise they would have to create two games.
Hard to tell.

naumaan
09-09-2014, 07:10 AM
well, they started working on the game after revelation, and they finalized their ideas at that time so may be they skipped this idea then but when they worked on their other idea, the female responses for the game went uproar now, its a whole lot of work we are talking about, but hey ... if they are mentioning and apologizing for it now, who knows the next versions of game may have a female character .. they cannot risk losing their fan base either male or female .. so keep yourself calm .. and wait for their next titles ... who knows what they will bring on the table next time