PDA

View Full Version : The First Trojan Giraffe shortcut: Not entirely sure if a bug or intentional design

stewedyeti
09-05-2014, 09:26 AM
While I never really have trouble completing the first shortcut (right after the race starts) in Trojan Giraffe, I do seem to have an issue with the physics of the wooden ramp you jump through at the end of it. After the ramp explodes it sends two large pieces of wood shrapnel flying, and most of the time those pieces are totally benign. There are times, however, that the shrapnel's momentum leads to unavoidable crashing that isn't user error (at least not to me). Sometimes it will throw a piece right at the rider's face; sometimes it does something like get stuck in the area between the wheels and the bike chassis. Obviously after those happen a crash is imminent.

Unless this is supposed to happen, it'd be great if that shrapnel could disappear in a more timely manner.

If this turns out to be a bug I'm sure this post would apply to the iOS version as well, but since I'm only playing on Android I figured I should post here.

EyeversonFan
09-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Seems intentional to me, and I actually like that it can cause you to crash. Its like saying "Ok if you wanna take the short cut, you might die!" Lol. I usually have a piece land in front of me and it makes me have to ride over it which screws it all up. I just chalk it up to risk/reward.

xitooner
09-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Oh its in IOS too. :) I have restarted many times because of that stray piece of shrapnel. I'd love to see it gone, but compared to issues on some of the other tracks it hasnt been as irritating (getting a top-20 score on Waterwheel being a good example). Like EyeversonFan, I've finally decided its something you must take in stride to get where you want to be.

A.Donkey.Rider
09-07-2014, 09:14 AM
i have never had that happen yet for some reason^^ but sounds pretty annoying too