PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Xbox One vs. PS4 comparison?

jpbach01
09-05-2014, 05:13 AM
When are we going to get to see some PS4 gameplay for comparison to what we've seen from xbox one? I have both consoles and I'm trying to decide which one I should buy for, but that's a blind decision at this point because I haven't seen any PS4 action. Theoretically the game should look at least a little better on PS4 than XB1 (and it looks pretty great on the xbox already), but I'm concerned about storage space on my PS4 because Sony, for reasons beyond my comprehension ("Piracy", blah, blah, blah), has withheld external hard drive support on the PS4. This leaves me with about 350GB on my PS4 and 3.8TB on my xbox one, so from a storage standpoint clearly the XB1 makes more sense bc it allows me to conserve PS4 space for exclusives, but from a graphical standpoint I'm interested to see if the difference would be enough for me to justify buying for PS4.

To summarize: PS4 -- More power, a lot less space; XB1 -- Less power, a lot more space. Is the graphical difference going to be worth using precious PS4 space, and when will we get some PS4 gameplay so I can decide for myself?

Fatal-Feit
09-05-2014, 05:20 AM
If it's 1080p on the PS4, yes. The X1 is at its best when it comes to exclusives. Well... ''exclusives''. :rolleyes:

------------

But, honestly, if you're concerned about storage, then leave the 3rd party games to the X1 since you have about 4TB. Only use the PS4 for the exclusives. With the amount of space that games take up these days, you're looking at about 5-6 more titles.

LoyalACFan
09-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Honestly, the difference should be minimal between the two consoles. XB1's storage space is the best thing it's got going for it over PS4, so if you really want to preserve space on the PS4 just go with the Xbox. However, since you already have both consoles I'm going to guess you have a decent amount of money to blow on gaming, so you COULD build a PC or upgrade to a 1TB SSD for the PS4 (they run like $200 usually but I've seen them go a lot cheaper).

jpbach01
09-05-2014, 09:34 PM
If it's 1080p on the PS4, yes. The X1 is at its best when it comes to exclusives. Well... ''exclusives''. :rolleyes:

------------

But, honestly, if you're concerned about storage, then leave the 3rd party games to the X1 since you have about 4TB. Only use the PS4 for the exclusives. With the amount of space that games take up these days, you're looking at about 5-6 more titles.

I imagine if it'll be 1080p on only one of them it will be the PS4, but I was under the impression that it was going to be 1080p and 60FPS (which is pretty irrelevant really, as long as it's above 30 and stable) on both consoles. Has something changed?

Thanks for the input. This is kind of where my head was at as well. As massive as these game installs are getting, 500GB feels pretty much equivalent to the 4GB that the 360 used to come with. Honestly pretty ridiculous. I'd have gladly payed an extra 15 or 20 bucks to get a 1TB HD, heck maybe even at 7200RPM, and avoid this headache altogether. Microsoft went and made it a non-issue by allowing external hard drive support which is awesome, but Sony has yet to do the same. That only adds to a long line of features Sony has chosen to withhold though (i.e. MP3 support :nonchalance:).

Honestly, the difference should be minimal between the two consoles. XB1's storage space is the best thing it's got going for it over PS4, so if you really want to preserve space on the PS4 just go with the Xbox. However, since you already have both consoles I'm going to guess you have a decent amount of money to blow on gaming, so you COULD build a PC or upgrade to a 1TB SSD for the PS4 (they run like $200 usually but I've seen them go a lot cheaper).

Yeah I expect it probably will be minimal (as is the case with most games, no matter what "fanboys" like to say). I just want to make sure for my own peace of mind. And you're right, my gaming budget is fairly substantial, but I'm really just not interested in PC gaming. I've never been one for the mouse-and-keyboard setup, and using a controller usually puts you at a distinct disadvantage. But I appreciate your input on that front. As for hard drives, I've actually been looking at some larger SSDs, as well as 7200RPM drives and hybrid drives. But I really have no interest in buying a hard drive, cracking open my PS4, taking the old one out, installing the new one, figuring out what to do with the old 500GB HDD... It just seems like a lot of headache to me, when (at least for me) it's so much easier to just plug in an external HD because I don't do a lot of moving my consoles from one place to another. Time will tell whether Sony will make that dream a reality for me.

As a question for both of you (and anyone else reading this who might happen to know), do you know if/when a playable demo for unity will be released, one that I could try on both consoles, and when the preorder window closes? Thanks in advance.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-05-2014, 11:06 PM
When are we going to get to see some PS4 gameplay for comparison to what we've seen from xbox one? I have both consoles and I'm trying to decide which one I should buy for, but that's a blind decision at this point because I haven't seen any PS4 action. Theoretically the game should look at least a little better on PS4 than XB1 (and it looks pretty great on the xbox already), but I'm concerned about storage space on my PS4 because Sony, for reasons beyond my comprehension ("Piracy", blah, blah, blah), has withheld external hard drive support on the PS4. This leaves me with about 350GB on my PS4 and 3.8TB on my xbox one, so from a storage standpoint clearly the XB1 makes more sense bc it allows me to conserve PS4 space for exclusives, but from a graphical standpoint I'm interested to see if the difference would be enough for me to justify buying for PS4.

To summarize: PS4 -- More power, a lot less space; XB1 -- Less power, a lot more space. Is the graphical difference going to be worth using precious PS4 space, and when will we get some PS4 gameplay so I can decide for myself?

Hmmm... Let me ask you a question -- what did you play previous ACs on? Not that it's a big deal but for me, I want to get an Xbox One and get Unity for it (already have a PS4) because that's what I played the previous games on. I'm used to the controls and prefer the Xbox controller over Sony's (Dualshock 4 is still a great controller, sooo much better than previous iterations)

If you're more comfortable with the PS controller and the AC controls on the PS controller or vice versa, it may be something to consider. Maybe not.

I very much doubt the graphics will be so much better than the Xbox One to really make you sad.

I imagine if it'll be 1080p on only one of them it will be the PS4, but I was under the impression that it was going to be 1080p and 60FPS (which is pretty irrelevant really, as long as it's above 30 and stable) on both consoles. Has something changed?

No not exactly. I think you're a little misinformed however. Or maybe I am haha. But I haven't heard them mention 1080p/60fps as a for sure thing . Maybe they mentioned it as a goal of theirs? Even still, doesn't mean it will be.

Remember, it's not just the consoles but also Ubi who determine the res and fps. Diablo 3 runs at 1080p/60fps on both Xbox One AND PS4. It does sound as though Xbox One version's fps does occasionally dip below 60 but never in any meaningful way that harms gameplay. Not sure about if that happens on PS4 or not. regardless, they got the same res and fps on both consoles, more or less, thanks to a dev update for the Xbox One. Microsoft has started to close the gap graphically. Diablo 3 runs at 1080p on the disc you buy for PS4. Because they had developed the game prior to the dev-update on Xbox, they could only get 900p for the disc. A day One patch however, bumps it up to 1080p since they were able to get it up there thanks to the dev update.

ACU should be able to run at 1080p on BOTH consoles. Framerate is another story as Diablo and AC are wildly different games. Not sure which is more intensive. So if anything, both consoles should run the game at 1080p and the PS4 MAY be able to play it at 60fps while the Xbox One plays it as 30. But Xbox One should also, theoretically, be able to play it at 60fps as well thanks to that update.

That said, I have a feeling BOTH versions will be 30fps. Not sure why.

Thanks for the input. This is kind of where my head was at as well. As massive as these game installs are getting, 500GB feels pretty much equivalent to the 4GB that the 360 used to come with. Honestly pretty ridiculous. I'd have gladly payed an extra 15 or 20 bucks to get a 1TB HD, heck maybe even at 7200RPM, and avoid this headache altogether. Microsoft went and made it a non-issue by allowing external hard drive support which is awesome, but Sony has yet to do the same. That only adds to a long line of features Sony has chosen to withhold though (i.e. MP3 support :nonchalance:).

Both consoles have pros and cons. I don't really have buyer's remorse when it comes to the PS4 -- I knew I wanted the console because I was tired of missing out on exclusives but... I feel I should have waited a bit longer.

I'm currently saving up for the CoD: Advanced Warfare Xbox One, not because I particularly enjoy CoD or want an Xbox with COD plastered on one of the sides but because of the 1TB harddrive. Also, thankfully, the CoD logo is on a side that will typically not be seen (it's not on the top or front). The controller is pretty sweet too -- console is also kind of cool, wish I could get a standard version with the 1TB harddrive though which I'm sure will eventually be made just so it matches the PS4 but I really want the Xbox One in time for the Master Chief Collection/Halo 5 Beta so gray/black/gold coloring it is! At least it looks like it's Deus Ex-y. It's the same price the original Xbox One release with Kinect was but doesn't have Kinect. Instead, I'm paying a hundred dollars more for double the hard drive space, the game, and the unique coloring. Not a bad deal IMO.

I just hope I can gather the money in time. I'm in college and don't have a job right now (don't have a way to get to any job right now for a few reasons). Last I checked, I have 300-something? Something like that. I believe I have like 250-270 left to gather up if I want the console AND the Master Chief Collection. Thankfully I have a couple Xbox Live Gold trials so even when that ends I don't have to pay for IT as well. Gotta get people to buy my art prints haha

Yeah I expect it probably will be minimal (as is the case with most games, no matter what "fanboys" like to say). I just want to make sure for my own peace of mind. And you're right, my gaming budget is fairly substantial, but I'm really just not interested in PC gaming. I've never been one for the mouse-and-keyboard setup, and using a controller usually puts you at a distinct disadvantage. But I appreciate your input on that front. As for hard drives, I've actually been looking at some larger SSDs, as well as 7200RPM drives and hybrid drives. But I really have no interest in buying a hard drive, cracking open my PS4, taking the old one out, installing the new one, figuring out what to do with the old 500GB HDD... It just seems like a lot of headache to me, when (at least for me) it's so much easier to just plug in an external HD because I don't do a lot of moving my consoles from one place to another. Time will tell whether Sony will make that dream a reality for me.

If you're not interested in true PC gaming, you may want to look into an Alienware Alpha console OR a steam machine. They're upgradable like PCs but with the ease of use of consoles. Bit pricey though. It's like 500-something for the most basic version of the Alpha.But you can play any Steam game on your TV and I believe they want to let you play games with mods as well. However, not all games can be played, only those with controller support (which you're more interested in anyway) and even some of those won't work. I'm interested in it for games like Skyrim with crazy mods or other games not coming to console for awhile like A Hat In Time.

But I don't know.. not a priority for me. Maybe later when I have a job.

As a question for both of you (and anyone else reading this who might happen to know), do you know if/when a playable demo for unity will be released, one that I could try on both consoles, and when the preorder window closes? Thanks in advance.

There won't be a playable demo. I mean, there always COULD be but Ubi's never done that before and I very much doubt they'll start. You'll have to either hope a video comes out with comparisons between the versions, wait until after release for reviews and comparison videos (if none came out prior to release), OR wait until after release and play it at a friends house or something.

Honestly, I very much doubt you'll regret getting it for either console... both systems are great and the game looks like it could easily become the new gold standard for AC by miles.

SlyTrooper
09-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Hmmm... Let me ask you a question -- what did you play previous ACs on? Not that it's a big deal but for me, I want to get an Xbox One and get Unity for it (already have a PS4) because that's what I played the previous games on. I'm used to the controls and prefer the Xbox controller over Sony's (Dualshock 4 is still a great controller, sooo much better than previous iterations)

Off-topic for one second: Is the Xbox One controller any better than the 360's controller? I'm just curious because I plan to get an Xbox One for my birthday next year. Is it as good as the Dualshock for PS4? In my opinion the PS4 controller is better than that for the 360.

jpbach01
09-06-2014, 04:25 AM
Holy cow! So many good discussion points. Let's see if I can tackle this bad boy.

If you're more comfortable with the PS controller and the AC controls on the PS controller or vice versa, it may be something to consider. Maybe not.

I very much doubt the graphics will be so much better than the Xbox One to really make you sad.

Every assassin's creed game I've played up until now has been on 360 (I actually never even owned a PS3), so I'm definitely much more comfortable with the Xbox One's controller layout. I'd like to think since most of the buttons are in relatively the same places, just with the PS4 equivalent (i.e. circle instead of B, R2 instead of RT) that I could adapt, but that's definitely something to consider.

No not exactly. I think you're a little misinformed however. Or maybe I am haha. But I haven't heard them mention 1080p/60fps as a for sure thing . Maybe they mentioned it as a goal of theirs? Even still, doesn't mean it will be.

Remember, it's not just the consoles but also Ubi who determine the res and fps. Diablo 3 runs at 1080p/60fps on both Xbox One AND PS4. It does sound as though Xbox One version's fps does occasionally dip below 60 but never in any meaningful way that harms gameplay. Not sure about if that happens on PS4 or not. regardless, they got the same res and fps on both consoles, more or less, thanks to a dev update for the Xbox One. Microsoft has started to close the gap graphically. Diablo 3 runs at 1080p on the disc you buy for PS4. Because they had developed the game prior to the dev-update on Xbox, they could only get 900p for the disc. A day One patch however, bumps it up to 1080p since they were able to get it up there thanks to the dev update.

ACU should be able to run at 1080p on BOTH consoles. Framerate is another story as Diablo and AC are wildly different games. Not sure which is more intensive. So if anything, both consoles should run the game at 1080p and the PS4 MAY be able to play it at 60fps while the Xbox One plays it as 30. But Xbox One should also, theoretically, be able to play it at 60fps as well thanks to that update.

That said, I have a feeling BOTH versions will be 30fps. Not sure why.

It seems you're right, as I went back and checked and it said ubisoft was "targeting 1080p/60fps" on both consoles. As you said, that should definitely be easier now that Microsoft gave back that 10% of the GPU they were reserving for Kinect, but even if it is 900p as long as I'm not looking at a side by side comparison I'm sure it won't bother me. I'm hopeful for at least 1080p and 30fps, or since they're talking 60fps as a goal then maybe 1080p/40-45fps? I think that would be pretty awesome.

Both consoles have pros and cons. I don't really have buyer's remorse when it comes to the PS4 -- I knew I wanted the console because I was tired of missing out on exclusives but... I feel I should have waited a bit longer.

I'm currently saving up for the CoD: Advanced Warfare Xbox One, not because I particularly enjoy CoD or want an Xbox with COD plastered on one of the sides but because of the 1TB harddrive. Also, thankfully, the CoD logo is on a side that will typically not be seen (it's not on the top or front). The controller is pretty sweet too -- console is also kind of cool, wish I could get a standard version with the 1TB harddrive though which I'm sure will eventually be made just so it matches the PS4 but I really want the Xbox One in time for the Master Chief Collection/Halo 5 Beta so gray/black/gold coloring it is! At least it looks like it's Deus Ex-y. It's the same price the original Xbox One release with Kinect was but doesn't have Kinect. Instead, I'm paying a hundred dollars more for double the hard drive space, the game, and the unique coloring. Not a bad deal IMO.

I just hope I can gather the money in time. I'm in college and don't have a job right now (don't have a way to get to any job right now for a few reasons). Last I checked, I have 300-something? Something like that. I believe I have like 250-270 left to gather up if I want the console AND the Master Chief Collection. Thankfully I have a couple Xbox Live Gold trials so even when that ends I don't have to pay for IT as well. Gotta get people to buy my art prints haha

I most certainly feel you on the waiting for that bundle. Both consoles should come with 1TB standard, and I could easily see them doing so sometime in the next year or 2. Like I said before, it wasn't a huge issue for me with the Xbox one because it was as easy as buying a 4tb external hard drive and plugging it in. PS4, that's another story.

If you're not interested in true PC gaming, you may want to look into an Alienware Alpha console OR a steam machine. They're upgradable like PCs but with the ease of use of consoles. Bit pricey though. It's like 500-something for the most basic version of the Alpha.But you can play any Steam game on your TV and I believe they want to let you play games with mods as well. However, not all games can be played, only those with controller support (which you're more interested in anyway) and even some of those won't work. I'm interested in it for games like Skyrim with crazy mods or other games not coming to console for awhile like A Hat In Time.

But I don't know.. not a priority for me. Maybe later when I have a job.

Yeah I've heard of steam machines. Seems like an interesting concept, but that would basically be paying for another Xbox one pricewise and I just don't know if it's worth the investment to me. I think I'd prefer to just stick to machines that are entirely designed around a controller-based interface, and where ever game available was designed for that interface as well.

There won't be a playable demo. I mean, there always COULD be but Ubi's never done that before and I very much doubt they'll start. You'll have to either hope a video comes out with comparisons between the versions, wait until after release for reviews and comparison videos (if none came out prior to release), OR wait until after release and play it at a friends house or something.

Honestly, I very much doubt you'll regret getting it for either console... both systems are great and the game looks like it could easily become the new gold standard for AC by miles.

That's a good point. I kind of got into AC late (had to catch up on AC1 and the Ezio Trilogy) before preordering AC3 and just recently purchasing and finishing AC4, but I've never seen a playable demo in all that time. Guess I was just hoping against hope. I don't think I'll wait because I wanna get my hands on that bonus content for the preorder, and unlike AC4, for which I was somewhat hesitant after AC3 (Thankfully my fears were unfounded and AC4 was great.), I'm jumping in with both feet here. Just seeing the new mechanics they've added, the old mechanics they got rid of, and the sheer size and atmosphere of this new game gets me so pumped. Something will have to go apocalyptically bad with this game for it not to be the runaway best of the series.

At this point, after everything that's been said through all the posts, I'm leaning towards going ahead and buying for XB1. I'm gonna hold off on placing my preorder a little while longer, but that's where I'm leaning. Thanks for all the input, and if I do follow through with my xb1 plans then you'll have to hit me up. We can go stab some French dudes together, all "Uni(ty)fied" and whatnot. ;)

jpbach01
09-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Off-topic for one second: Is the Xbox One controller any better than the 360's controller? I'm just curious because I plan to get an Xbox One for my birthday next year. Is it as good as the Dualshock for PS4? In my opinion the PS4 controller is better than that for the 360.

Well now this is a topic that could spark many a fanboy flame on both sides, but I'll give you my 2 cents as someone who owns all 3.

First, Xbox One vs. 360: IMO the XB1 controller took steps forward in some areas and back in others. Ergonomically, it just feels like the XB1 controller sits more comfortably in my hand. However, it seems like they made the joysticks a bit taller on the new controller and I wasn't a fan of that initially. After getting used to it I really don't notice it anymore, but at first it's a tad awkward. While I never used it much, they also finally got around to modifying the much maligned 360 controller D-pad as well.

XB1 vs. PS4: IMO (and I repeat, this is MY opinion) the XB1 controller is the better of the 2. It just feels more solid to me, and I believe I prefer the offset joystick design instead of having them symmetrically placed like on the PS4 controller. The PS4 controller has parts that tend to squeak flex (especially the triggers) that tend to annoy me, but all in all it's not a terrible controller. It has some interesting design adds like the touchpad and the standard headset jack which are nice (especially if you buy the Microsoft gaming headset for the XB1 which comes with the adapter, allowing you to use 1 headset with both consoles). At the end of the day it's all a matter of preference, but I tend to gravitate toward the XB1's controller.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-06-2014, 04:56 AM

I can't really sya I'm an expert unfortunately. I don't currently own the Xbox One so my time with the controller has been minimal. And the time I'd had it in my hands isn't a true reflection as each time it wasn't playing a game with it. Just sort of holding it.

I think the controller feels even nicer in my hands than the 360 one but I haven't been able to really compare what the thumbsticks are like or the triggers. I like the feel of the new triggers now. IMO the Dualshock 4 is a fantastic controller. I prefer the design of the Xbox's controller more due to the offset thumbsticks. I was never a fan of the previous Dualshocks but the 4 is niiice. I still prefer the 360/One controller simply because of the way it feels against the palms of my hand.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Every assassin's creed game I've played up until now has been on 360 (I actually never even owned a PS3), so I'm definitely much more comfortable with the Xbox One's controller layout. I'd like to think since most of the buttons are in relatively the same places, just with the PS4 equivalent (i.e. circle instead of B, R2 instead of RT) that I could adapt, but that's definitely something to consider.

Same here -- I owned the original Xbox and a 360 but could never afford to get a PS2 or 3. I'm changing that this gen! haha

But anyway, I was asking less because of the face buttons and more of the thumbstick layout. Obviously you'll get used to it on the dualshock and probably fairly quickly, but I just think it would feel better to have the offset thumbsticks for AC since I already prefer the layout more AND I'm used to it specifically in regards to AC.

It seems you're right, as I went back and checked and it said ubisoft was "targeting 1080p/60fps" on both consoles. As you said, that should definitely be easier now that Microsoft gave back that 10% of the GPU they were reserving for Kinect, but even if it is 900p as long as I'm not looking at a side by side comparison I'm sure it won't bother me. I'm hopeful for at least 1080p and 30fps, or since they're talking 60fps as a goal then maybe 1080p/40-45fps? I think that would be pretty awesome.

Mmhm. Well, like Watch_Dogs was 900p on PS4 WITH the downgrade. It also has a few silly things like water shooting up through cars that break the realism but.... if a cross-gen game within the first year of the new gen of consoles looks THAT good -- then fully next gen titles are going to look amazing. Unity will hopefully be proof of theory on both consoles hah.

I most certainly feel you on the waiting for that bundle. Both consoles should come with 1TB standard, and I could easily see them doing so sometime in the next year or 2. Like I said before, it wasn't a huge issue for me with the Xbox one because it was as easy as buying a 4tb external hard drive and plugging it in. PS4, that's another story.

For sure -- how expensive is a 4tb external hard drive?

And yeah, I could get a standard X1 for a hundred bucks less if I wanted but I figure I might as well spend the extra hundred for twice the space and the cool controller/console.

Yeah I've heard of steam machines. Seems like an interesting concept, but that would basically be paying for another Xbox one pricewise and I just don't know if it's worth the investment to me. I think I'd prefer to just stick to machines that are entirely designed around a controller-based interface, and where ever game available was designed for that interface as well.

Mmhm. I got you. The Alpha console supposedly has a console-like interface. Something similar to the PS4 I guess but yeah. It's just another console to have to pay for. Womp womp.

That's a good point. I kind of got into AC late (had to catch up on AC1 and the Ezio Trilogy) before preordering AC3 and just recently purchasing and finishing AC4, but I've never seen a playable demo in all that time. Guess I was just hoping against hope. I don't think I'll wait because I wanna get my hands on that bonus content for the preorder, and unlike AC4, for which I was somewhat hesitant after AC3 (Thankfully my fears were unfounded and AC4 was great.), I'm jumping in with both feet here. Just seeing the new mechanics they've added, the old mechanics they got rid of, and the sheer size and atmosphere of this new game gets me so pumped. Something will have to go apocalyptically bad with this game for it not to be the runaway best of the series.

Ahhh I see. AC3 was such a letdown. Imagine how underwhelmed I was after playing the series all before hand, eagerly anticipating the finale of Desmond's story and then getting THAT as the end. Ugh.

Anyway... my favorite is still AC2 overall but I prefer the concepts of AC1 more. It now looks like it's taking the best of AC2 and the best of AC1 and making an amazing game out of Unity.

I still haven't played AC4 not because I don't think it'll be a good game but just pirates don't interest me much. :/

At this point, after everything that's been said through all the posts, I'm leaning towards going ahead and buying for XB1. I'm gonna hold off on placing my preorder a little while longer, but that's where I'm leaning. Thanks for all the input, and if I do follow through with my xb1 plans then you'll have to hit me up. We can go stab some French dudes together, all "Uni(ty)fied" and whatnot. ;)

Yeah! Hopefully I get my Xbox One in time.

My system that I'm going to typically use is this:

My Xbox One will be for the few exclusives I really love like Halo. That Master Chief Collection is a godsend -- I never got to play Halo 2 online and Halo 3's multiplayer over Live is one of my favorite gaming things ever. Up there with Half-Life 2 haha. My Xbox will ALSO be for series that I initially got on previous Xbox consoles. So for example -- I'll be getting AC: Unity, Arkham Knight, and the next Splinter Cell for Xbox One because Xbox is where I got them previously. Now, obviously, if any of those are ridiculously better on PS4 than Xbox, then I'll get it for PS4.

My PS4 on the other hand will be for all of the exclusives. Aside from Halo, Xbox doesn't have as many exclusives that I've wanted to play -- I really wanted to play the inFamous series for example, Uncharted, TLOU, etc. So I'll be getting those. It'll also be for game series that I haven't gotten on Xbox and stuff.

Currently my list for Xbox is basically Halo, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Saints Row IV: Reelected (I got SR3 for free with Games for Gold so you know), Arkham Knight, Hober: Revolt of Gamers.
My current list for PS4 is basically inFamous Second Son, Uncharted 4, TLOU Remastered, N++, Shadow of Mordor, No Man's Sky, and I already have Watch_Dogs for it.

jpbach01
09-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Same here -- I owned the original Xbox and a 360 but could never afford to get a PS2 or 3. I'm changing that this gen! haha

But anyway, I was asking less because of the face buttons and more of the thumbstick layout. Obviously you'll get used to it on the dualshock and probably fairly quickly, but I just think it would feel better to have the offset thumbsticks for AC since I already prefer the layout more AND I'm used to it specifically in regards to AC.

Agreed. As I mentioned in my post about the comparison of the controllers, I do prefer the offset thumbsticks of the Xbox to the symmetrically placed PS4 sticks. Using the DS4 while playing TLoU, Warframe and Blacklight:Retribution have helped me get accustomed, but I still don't like it as well.

Mmhm. Well, like Watch_Dogs was 900p on PS4 WITH the downgrade. It also has a few silly things like water shooting up through cars that break the realism but.... if a cross-gen game within the first year of the new gen of consoles looks THAT good -- then fully next gen titles are going to look amazing. Unity will hopefully be proof of theory on both consoles hah.

Most definitely agreed. I've always been of the opinion that developing cross-gen really hurts both player bases, because we're often pushing the 360/PS3 beyond it's limits and not properly utilizing the power of the XB1/PS4. I get that the folks that there are folks who can't afford to make the jump just yet and don't want to miss out, and I get that there are still WAY more last gen consoles in the wild and thus a larger consumer base for those platforms, but at the end of the day we just needed someone to take a stand and say "sorry guys, but it's time to move on. We'll have some awesome next-gen games waiting on ya when you're finally able to make the jump." Rocksteady did it, now Ubisoft is semi-doing it, so hopefully this is the start of a trend.

For sure -- how expensive is a 4tb external hard drive?

And yeah, I could get a standard X1 for a hundred bucks less if I wanted but I figure I might as well spend the extra hundred for twice the space and the cool controller/console.

It really depends on where you by and what brand. I bought mine on eBay new (a Seagate Expansion) for 120, but with 8% ebay bucks cash back it was basically 110. I've also had luck shopping on Rakuten. They're running 10-15% off sitewide sales all the time, and using that and some other promo codes like one for using V.me can net you some really good deals (i.e. I recently got 125 bucks worth of xbox GCs and the official Microsoft headset for XB1 for 164 total, with 24 bucks in Rakuten cash which I just put towards another GC. So I essentially got 150 bucks worth of GCs and the headset for 165. Not bad if you ask me haha)

Yeah I was surprised by how much I actually use voice commands with the Kinect, and now that I have the 4tb hard drive I'm kinda glad I got it, but honestly if I had been given the 1TB option back in the day I would've done the same thing. Space is something you NEED, whereas the Kinect is purely frivolous.

Mmhm. I got you. The Alpha console supposedly has a console-like interface. Something similar to the PS4 I guess but yeah. It's just another console to have to pay for. Womp womp.

yeah exactly. I love my consoles, but not sure I can afford an investment like that on my THIRD new console. After all, that's 500 bucks I could waste on more games! haha

Ahhh I see. AC3 was such a letdown. Imagine how underwhelmed I was after playing the series all before hand, eagerly anticipating the finale of Desmond's story and then getting THAT as the end. Ugh.

I still haven't played AC4 not because I don't think it'll be a good game but just pirates don't interest me much. :/

Yeah AC3 kinda broke my heart. I'm very interested in that time period and I was looking forward to getting to live it via one of my favorite franchises, and it just didn't live up to expectations. Not really sure who's to blame, Ubisoft for releasing an underwhelming game or myself for having an unattainable level of hype. Honestly probably both, because AC3 was very buggy. Honestly it almost felt like AC3 was supposed to be a next gen game and when the next-gen consoles didn't come out in 2012 they had to adjust on the fly. That's just me spitballing though, I have no evidence to support it... And while I was never all that invested in Desmond's storyline, you're right it was pretty terrible. haha

Anyway... my favorite is still AC2 overall but I prefer the concepts of AC1 more. It now looks like it's taking the best of AC2 and the best of AC1 and making an amazing game out of Unity.

Yeah getting back to it's roots was the best thing Ubi could do. AC had really gotten too big, disconnected. It wasn't about stalking and killing your target anymore. It was "here's a parkour game with all this other stuff, and oh you can assassinate a couple people along the way". I love that while the scale of the game is growing, the game itself is getting back to it's smaller roots. I still believe the parkour needs work though. I love the controlled descent and whatnot, but the way he climbs is just too unbelievable. I'd like to see it be a little more challenging, because there's just no way a guy shimmies up a window THAT easily. I'd like to see it get back more to AC1 in that regard, perhaps not quite as difficult but closer.

I definitely get that, but I'd still recommend giving AC4 a go before picking up Unity. There are certain pirate aspects you can't get around, but the story behind the game is surprisingly powerful. I didn't realize how invested I had become until I made it pretty deep into the game, but boy was I invested. Plus it will tie in to both AC Unity and Rogue (especially rogue), so I'd say it's worth it. Especially since you can pick up the XB1 version on amazon for like 20 bucks now.

Yeah! Hopefully I get my Xbox One in time.

My system that I'm going to typically use is this:

My Xbox One will be for the few exclusives I really love like Halo. That Master Chief Collection is a godsend -- I never got to play Halo 2 online and Halo 3's multiplayer over Live is one of my favorite gaming things ever. Up there with Half-Life 2 haha. My Xbox will ALSO be for series that I initially got on previous Xbox consoles. So for example -- I'll be getting AC: Unity, Arkham Knight, and the next Splinter Cell for Xbox One because Xbox is where I got them previously. Now, obviously, if any of those are ridiculously better on PS4 than Xbox, then I'll get it for PS4.

My PS4 on the other hand will be for all of the exclusives. Aside from Halo, Xbox doesn't have as many exclusives that I've wanted to play -- I really wanted to play the inFamous series for example, Uncharted, TLOU, etc. So I'll be getting those. It'll also be for game series that I haven't gotten on Xbox and stuff.

Currently my list for Xbox is basically Halo, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Saints Row IV: Reelected (I got SR3 for free with Games for Gold so you know), Arkham Knight, Hober: Revolt of Gamers.
My current list for PS4 is basically inFamous Second Son, Uncharted 4, TLOU Remastered, N++, Shadow of Mordor, No Man's Sky, and I already have Watch_Dogs for it.

Yeah hopefully! In the meantime, if you still have a 360 or even just a smartglass app we can go ahead and get "friended" or "followed" or whatever the xbox calls it now. Surprisingly none of my friends are really in to AC the way I am so I'm gonna need some co-op buddies.

As for how I'll use the consoles, XB1 will be for the Halos (MC Edition is just too incredible to pass up), FIFA 15, exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and the surprisingly entertaining Project Spark, and games I already have like Titanfall, BF4 and Watch_Dogs.

With the PS4 I'll be looking at exclusives like TLoU, Infamous (in the event they ever bring over the original) and maybe the Order:1886. Haven't played uncharted and don't really know much about No Man's Sky, so that's something for me to look into.

As for Arkham Knight, AC Unity, etc. I still haven't decided. Arkham Knight is preordered for PS4, leaning towards XB1 for Unity, but that stuff could still change. This is the first time I've ever been faced with this multi-console dilemma and I'm still trying to figure out how to process it. Haha

Edit: Just though of something. All these games you're planning on preordering for XB1, you should go ahead and do it on Microsoft Store. They're running a promotion right now where when you preorder a game you get a 10 dollar xbox gift card whenever that game ships. Not bad.

Also, for XBL, you should sign up for bing rewards. In just a couple minutes each day you can earn enough points that by the end of the month you'll be able to buy a month of Xbox live free. Then, the next month, just do it all over again. Theoretically, you could go without ever paying for xbox live again (unless they cap the number of times you can buy a particular reward or something, and I don't think they do).

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Agreed. As I mentioned in my post about the comparison of the controllers, I do prefer the offset thumbsticks of the Xbox to the symmetrically placed PS4 sticks. Using the DS4 while playing TLoU, Warframe and Blacklight:Retribution have helped me get accustomed, but I still don't like it as well.

Yeah W_D helped me get accustomed to the new controller. I also got Injustice Gods Among Us for PS4 since it had all of the DLC and it was on sale. Pretty cool game haha.

Most definitely agreed. I've always been of the opinion that developing cross-gen really hurts both player bases, because we're often pushing the 360/PS3 beyond it's limits and not properly utilizing the power of the XB1/PS4. I get that the folks that there are folks who can't afford to make the jump just yet and don't want to miss out, and I get that there are still WAY more last gen consoles in the wild and thus a larger consumer base for those platforms, but at the end of the day we just needed someone to take a stand and say "sorry guys, but it's time to move on. We'll have some awesome next-gen games waiting on ya when you're finally able to make the jump." Rocksteady did it, now Ubisoft is semi-doing it, so hopefully this is the start of a trend.

Oh it will be. I'm pretty sure this is the last year we see any last gen AC. So basically, in 2013 we got an AC that was both last gen/current gen (so in reality, it was essentially a last gen game that looked prettier on current gen) -- this year we have a fully dedicated current gen AC and a fully dedicated AC for last gen -- next year, it would make sense to drop the last gen entirely. If not, next year is the absolute last time I see it really being supported. But I don't know for certain.

Yeah AC3 kinda broke my heart. I'm very interested in that time period and I was looking forward to getting to live it via one of my favorite franchises, and it just didn't live up to expectations. Not really sure who's to blame, Ubisoft for releasing an underwhelming game or myself for having an unattainable level of hype. Honestly probably both, because AC3 was very buggy. Honestly it almost felt like AC3 was supposed to be a next gen game and when the next-gen consoles didn't come out in 2012 they had to adjust on the fly. That's just me spitballing though, I have no evidence to support it... And while I was never all that invested in Desmond's storyline, you're right it was pretty terrible. haha

Well I was just hoping it would lead to us being a full fledged Assassin. Not that he'd get his own game but I figured we'd get missions where we feel like a true assassin but nope. We got a handful of missions, one of which was just climbing without any enemies (god knows we hadn't done enough of THAT as Desmond... -_-) and the rest were underwhelming. They should have made them like mini little sandboxes since they couldn't do a full fledged city. But nope, linear paths to go along with the rest of the linear missions in AC3. Blehhh.

Yeah getting back to it's roots was the best thing Ubi could do. AC had really gotten too big, disconnected. It wasn't about stalking and killing your target anymore. It was "here's a parkour game with all this other stuff, and oh you can assassinate a couple people along the way". I love that while the scale of the game is growing, the game itself is getting back to it's smaller roots. I still believe the parkour needs work though. I love the controlled descent and whatnot, but the way he climbs is just too unbelievable. I'd like to see it be a little more challenging, because there's just no way a guy shimmies up a window THAT easily. I'd like to see it get back more to AC1 in that regard, perhaps not quite as difficult but closer.

Mmhm, exactly. I'm crazy stoked for the customization in Unity.. .I love customizing my appearance in games and I cant wait to get some white/red beaked hooded robes to use and to see different looking Assassins. I'm also excited at the prospect of tackling co-op missions in different ways.

I agree. The parkour between AC1 and the Ezio trilogy vs. the parkour of AC3 and 4 is remarkably different. AC1/Ezio parkour/climbing was sometimes very clunky but it...felt weighty, like you were actually flinging yourself up to reach ledges and stuff. AC3/4 traded the weighty feeling in favor of fluidity and, as a result, it became more automatic and quicker. Unity is probably going to be exactly like that but I think the amount of options will counteract it. So while I preferred the parkour of AC1/Ezio immensely compared to 3/4, I think Unity may win me over due to being able to go up or down fluidly, being able to ascend a wall at an angle, and all that. It's going to open up a lot of on-the-fly tactics and decisions and just be nice for exploring the city. We'll see though. It's always hard to judge without playing it yourself.

I definitely get that, but I'd still recommend giving AC4 a go before picking up Unity. There are certain pirate aspects you can't get around, but the story behind the game is surprisingly powerful. I didn't realize how invested I had become until I made it pretty deep into the game, but boy was I invested. Plus it will tie in to both AC Unity and Rogue (especially rogue), so I'd say it's worth it. Especially since you can pick up the XB1 version on amazon for like 20 bucks now.

I would if I could. I'm probably going to get ACU for christmas and in the meantime, all the money I have is being saved up for Xbox One :/ Being a broke college student with no job SUCKS. Especially with how expensive gaming is.

As for how I'll use the consoles, XB1 will be for the Halos (MC Edition is just too incredible to pass up), FIFA 15, exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and the surprisingly entertaining Project Spark, and games I already have like Titanfall, BF4 and Watch_Dogs.

With the PS4 I'll be looking at exclusives like TLoU, Infamous (in the event they ever bring over the original) and maybe the Order:1886. Haven't played uncharted and don't really know much about No Man's Sky, so that's something for me to look into.

As for Arkham Knight, AC Unity, etc. I still haven't decided. Arkham Knight is preordered for PS4, leaning towards XB1 for Unity, but that stuff could still change. This is the first time I've ever been faced with this multi-console dilemma and I'm still trying to figure out how to process it. Haha

Dude... The MCC -- I'm all about that life. My brother and I loved Halo 3 but after Reach came out, everyone migrated to it and I never got into it as much as 3. Then people migrated to 4 and now barely anyone plays 3. The only games I get are Slayer and I always preferred the objective modes: CTF (ESPECIALLY One Flag), Assault, Oddball, etc. We had so many tactics haha. So I'll get to re-enjoy all that PLUS I'll finally get to experience Halo 2's multiplayer in all its online glory. Plus Halo 1's multiplayer which was never even ON XBL. And like, Halo 4 or whatever. I also really hope to get it so I can participate in the Halo 5 beta. I feel so close and yet I'm so far!

Edit: Just though of something. All these games you're planning on preordering for XB1, you should go ahead and do it on Microsoft Store. They're running a promotion right now where when you preorder a game you get a 10 dollar xbox gift card whenever that game ships. Not bad.

Also, for XBL, you should sign up for bing rewards. In just a couple minutes each day you can earn enough points that by the end of the month you'll be able to buy a month of Xbox live free. Then, the next month, just do it all over again. Theoretically, you could go without ever paying for xbox live again (unless they cap the number of times you can buy a particular reward or something, and I don't think they do).

Ooh neat! Yeah I'll have to check that out 'cause that sounds great. I am signed up for Bing Rewards but I always forget that it's a thing.

And daaang. I might have to start doing that. That said, I don't mind paying for Xbox Live because I just went through a whole fiasco where my 360 did not arrive and FedEx was saying they left it at my door but it wasn't but Xbox was super great and got me a new console. It was especially nice since my first experience with customer service for Sony was not too great (I had to wait forEVER just to talk to someone because they charged me for PS+ after the trial ended even though I specifically made sure to check the box that says NOT to charge me after the trial) and my mom had to deal with Verizon which was awful... and FedEx was no help on the issue. Xbox was really awesome about it so that was neat. But a couple free months would be great!

Edit: I may get Sunset Overdrive eventually. It reminds me of a more action-based Jet Set Radio Future which was one of the BEST games on the originsl Xbox (or EVER) but there's another game called Hover that's coming out that is ridiuclously inspired by JSRF down to the graffiti , music composer, and aesthetics and to me, it looks even MORE unique (by looking like another games ironically haha) than Sunset Overdrive which is one of its biggest selling points -- being unique to many modern games. It looks fun though.

I also forgot about Crackdown! I want to get that too. Never got the first one or second but I always had fun in the demo for the first.

Also thanks for the heads up about that promo. They also have a few promos for upgrading to an Xbox One so I'll have to check that out. I still will probably wind up getting it at Target though because my mom has a credit card which gets her money off. But then again.... if the promo gets me MORE money off, heck yeah I'd do it haha

Landruner
09-06-2014, 04:16 PM

In my opinion if you stay with consoles, you should go for PS4 because like usual, Sony will get exclusives that Microsoft won't bring to their console, but PC.

Will_Lucky
09-06-2014, 05:14 PM
In terms of pure performance, the PS4 would be the platform to go for with third party games as far as I'm concerned. The PS4 just has the raw enhanced GPU power as well as an easier time getting its RAM working at full bandwidth. As it as already been since generally the PS4 does outperform the XB1 unless the developer goes for Parity or general incompetence shows its face.

However, generally either platform will be fine for AC games Ubisoft don't tend to cripple one platform over the other when it comes to AC games unlike other developers did on the past generation.

jpbach01
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah W_D helped me get accustomed to the new controller. I also got Injustice Gods Among Us for PS4 since it had all of the DLC and it was on sale. Pretty cool game haha.

Interesting. I. looked at that game once upon a time, but it kind of felt like Mortal Kombat with DC characters, and I just never really got hooked on those games.

Oh it will be. I'm pretty sure this is the last year we see any last gen AC. So basically, in 2013 we got an AC that was both last gen/current gen (so in reality, it was essentially a last gen game that looked prettier on current gen) -- this year we have a fully dedicated current gen AC and a fully dedicated AC for last gen -- next year, it would make sense to drop the last gen entirely. If not, next year is the absolute last time I see it really being supported. But I don't know for certain.

Yeah Ubisoft is definitely trying to baby step through the transition, and honestly as long as the quality of Unity doesn't suffer then I say more power to em. As for whether this will be the last AC for last-gen, I don't know and I honestly think Ubi doesn't know either. I think it depends on how both games sell, and (to a lesser extent) how many new-gen units are bought between now and next year. Assuming both games sell well (and I believe they will) then I could see them making maybe one more last-gen game, although I don't know what they'd do with it since Rogue is supposed to conclude the Kenway trilogy.

Well I was just hoping it would lead to us being a full fledged Assassin. Not that he'd get his own game but I figured we'd get missions where we feel like a true assassin but nope. We got a handful of missions, one of which was just climbing without any enemies (god knows we hadn't done enough of THAT as Desmond... -_-) and the rest were underwhelming. They should have made them like mini little sandboxes since they couldn't do a full fledged city. But nope, linear paths to go along with the rest of the linear missions in AC3. Blehhh.

Haha yeah I see what you mean. The logical fulfillment of that storyline would have given us Desmond as an assassin in AC3, and that could have been pretty neat. In retrospect I'm glad I never really cared about the overarching Desmond story because getting screwed on it the way we were would have been much more disheartening. As it was, I was just kind of like "Hmph. Desmond's dead. Moving on." Lol

As for AC3, yes I agree much too linear. The Frontier had so much potential and they just really didn't capitalize on it. Part of me really wants to see a proper AC3 done on next gen. I feel like out of all the games it (and maybe AC1) would benefit most from some next-gen magic, although AC1 would need some game play diversity as well. Just keep that diversity within reason. It can't all be "Go here, assassinate this guy", but at the same time we can't dilute it to the point where Assassination's stop being the heart of the gameplay.

Mmhm, exactly. I'm crazy stoked for the customization in Unity.. .I love customizing my appearance in games and I cant wait to get some white/red beaked hooded robes to use and to see different looking Assassins. I'm also excited at the prospect of tackling co-op missions in different ways.

I agree. The parkour between AC1 and the Ezio trilogy vs. the parkour of AC3 and 4 is remarkably different. AC1/Ezio parkour/climbing was sometimes very clunky but it...felt weighty, like you were actually flinging yourself up to reach ledges and stuff. AC3/4 traded the weighty feeling in favor of fluidity and, as a result, it became more automatic and quicker. Unity is probably going to be exactly like that but I think the amount of options will counteract it. So while I preferred the parkour of AC1/Ezio immensely compared to 3/4, I think Unity may win me over due to being able to go up or down fluidly, being able to ascend a wall at an angle, and all that. It's going to open up a lot of on-the-fly tactics and decisions and just be nice for exploring the city. We'll see though. It's always hard to judge without playing it yourself.

Yeah the level of customization sounds incredible... And you have good taste. Red is my favorite color so red and white/ red and black would be my two go-to combinations.

Exactly. Early AC felt more realistic, later AC felt more fluid. And yeah just because of how much they're adding to it (controlled descent being probably the biggest for me) it will win out. I really wish they could find some happy middle ground between the two though. Oh well.

I would if I could. I'm probably going to get ACU for christmas and in the meantime, all the money I have is being saved up for Xbox One :/ Being a broke college student with no job SUCKS. Especially with how expensive gaming is.

I know what you mean. I'm a professional student (currently in my 6th year of post-secondary education) so I know all too well. I'm just living off loans, but I decided to go ahead and live it up. Haha. As for games, tell me about it. I remember a time when games were 50 dollars. I mean what the heck happened???

Dude... The MCC -- I'm all about that life. My brother and I loved Halo 3 but after Reach came out, everyone migrated to it and I never got into it as much as 3. Then people migrated to 4 and now barely anyone plays 3. The only games I get are Slayer and I always preferred the objective modes: CTF (ESPECIALLY One Flag), Assault, Oddball, etc. We had so many tactics haha. So I'll get to re-enjoy all that PLUS I'll finally get to experience Halo 2's multiplayer in all its online glory. Plus Halo 1's multiplayer which was never even ON XBL. And like, Halo 4 or whatever. I also really hope to get it so I can participate in the Halo 5 beta. I feel so close and yet I'm so far!

I never had high-speed internet for any of them but Halo 4, so I'm looking forward to all of them! Plus the Halo 5 beta, like you said.

Ooh neat! Yeah I'll have to check that out 'cause that sounds great. I am signed up for Bing Rewards but I always forget that it's a thing.

And daaang. I might have to start doing that. That said, I don't mind paying for Xbox Live because I just went through a whole fiasco where my 360 did not arrive and FedEx was saying they left it at my door but it wasn't but Xbox was super great and got me a new console. It was especially nice since my first experience with customer service for Sony was not too great (I had to wait forEVER just to talk to someone because they charged me for PS+ after the trial ended even though I specifically made sure to check the box that says NOT to charge me after the trial) and my mom had to deal with Verizon which was awful... and FedEx was no help on the issue. Xbox was really awesome about it so that was neat. But a couple free months would be great!

Haha yeah it's easy to do. I switched over to bing as my go-to search engine though so it just indo of happens for me. Plus you can use bing bots which will search automatically for you and you don't even have to spend time manually doing them.

That's awesome with your Xbox. I've never dealt with Xbox customer service, but I know what you mean about PS+ because they did the exact same thing to me. -_-!!!

Edit: I may get Sunset Overdrive eventually. It reminds me of a more action-based Jet Set Radio Future which was one of the BEST games on the originsl Xbox (or EVER) but there's another game called Hover that's coming out that is ridiuclously inspired by JSRF down to the graffiti , music composer, and aesthetics and to me, it looks even MORE unique (by looking like another games ironically haha) than Sunset Overdrive which is one of its biggest selling points -- being unique to many modern games. It looks fun though.

I also forgot about Crackdown! I want to get that too. Never got the first one or second but I always had fun in the demo for the first.

Also thanks for the heads up about that promo. They also have a few promos for upgrading to an Xbox One so I'll have to check that out. I still will probably wind up getting it at Target though because my mom has a credit card which gets her money off. But then again.... if the promo gets me MORE money off, heck yeah I'd do it haha

Yeah I just watched the trailer that put out for Sunset overdrive and it was just so well done that I couldn't help myself. Haha

Never heard of hover or crackdown. You're giving me a lot of research to do!

No problemo on the promo. Just doing my civil duty... I believe I did see something about a 50 dollar gift card with an Xbox purchase or something. Haha there you go. Screw you mom! :p

jpbach01
09-06-2014, 08:12 PM
In my opinion if you stay with consoles, you should go for PS4 because like usual, Sony will get exclusives that Microsoft won't bring to their console, but PC.

You mean I should get AC Unity for PS4 or that I should get it for XB1 and save PS4 space for exclusives?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Interesting. I. looked at that game once upon a time, but it kind of felt like Mortal Kombat with DC characters, and I just never really got hooked on those games.

Oh it's exactly that haha. I'm not a BIG fan of fighters but I like the characters and it was fun. I'm glad I got it on sale though.

Yeah the level of customization sounds incredible... And you have good taste. Red is my favorite color so red and white/ red and black would be my two go-to combinations.

I just like the color combo and to me, it may be silly, but I like the Assassins to have that visual motif. After the Crusades, it was no longer logical as it would do the opposite of blending in. You could maaaaaybe say it was okay during the Renaissance as everyone was very flamboyant and flashy but even then.... It definitely doesn't really make sense for any time after that. But I'm okay with it because it looks awesome haha.

Exactly. Early AC felt more realistic, later AC felt more fluid. And yeah just because of how much they're adding to it (controlled descent being probably the biggest for me) it will win out. I really wish they could find some happy middle ground between the two though. Oh well.

It's always a possibility. I never thought they'd start to bring the game back to basics while also expanding everything but, at least by the looks of it, they've done just that with Unity.

I know what you mean. I'm a professional student (currently in my 6th year of post-secondary education) so I know all too well. I'm just living off loans, but I decided to go ahead and live it up. Haha. As for games, tell me about it. I remember a time when games were 50 dollars. I mean what the heck happened???

Those were the days...

I never had high-speed internet for any of them but Halo 4, so I'm looking forward to all of them! Plus the Halo 5 beta, like you said.

Ah. In that case, be prepared for gameplay that's pretty different from Halo 4. In Halo 1-3 there were no custom loadouts like in 4, everyone started with the same weapons and it was more about finding and getting to the weapons on the map. I preferred that sorta gameplay to the one in Halo 4.

Haha yeah it's easy to do. I switched over to bing as my go-to search engine though so it just indo of happens for me. Plus you can use bing bots which will search automatically for you and you don't even have to spend time manually doing them.

I might have to start using Bing a lot more haha.

That's awesome with your Xbox. I've never dealt with Xbox customer service, but I know what you mean about PS+ because they did the exact same thing to me. -_-!!!

Sooooo annoying haha. I got it to play the Destiny Beta. Fffhh.

Oh well, least it got resolved!

Yeah I just watched the trailer that put out for Sunset overdrive and it was just so well done that I couldn't help myself. Haha

Never heard of hover or crackdown. You're giving me a lot of research to do!

Crackdown was on the 360 and pretty much the biggest reason people got it was because if you did, you got to be part of the Halo 3 Beta. It was actually a pretty cool open world/sandbox game along the lines of GTA... actually, probably closer to the wackiness of Saints Row 4 haha. You're basically a super powered cop and stuff. I never played it but they're releasing a new one for the Xbox One so I might get that. The new game is going to have some crazy building destruction using some form of cloud processing so that the framerate doesn't drop.

Crackdown trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cLBDE08Qg0

And one of the games I'm most hyped about... Hover! This video is an early alpha, they recently had a kickstarter that went really well and got funded (that I backed) and yeah. The plot is very similar to JSRF -- basically, an evil, oppressive government has stamped out art and expression (as well as other freedoms) and you're part of a young rebel force that will tear down propaganda and graffiti areas to thwart the bad guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVECKCnB4Y

For reference -- here's JSRF gameplay (the framerate drops in this level on the 360 unfortunately but wasn't an issue on the original Xbox.. still, it's one of the coolest looking areas so yeah.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqC8M8z2abo

The major difference between JSRF and Hover, aside from graphics and power, is that JSRF was about wacky, unrealistic rollerblading while Hover is about parkour. Also, Hover is set on an alien world while JSRF is set in a futuristic version of Tokyo. Hover will include co-operative play and lots of stuff.

No problemo on the promo. Just doing my civil duty... I believe I did see something about a 50 dollar gift card with an Xbox purchase or something. Haha there you go. Screw you mom! :p

Yeah I saw that haha. The only issue I see if that it doesn't appear as though the CoD bundle has the $50 card. Darn! haha

You mean I should get AC Unity for PS4 or that I should get it for XB1 and save PS4 space for exclusives?

I think he's suggesting you get it for PS4. I forgot but Playstation has often gotten exclusive content for games on both consoles. I hate the gimmick more than I hate console exclusive games or even pre-order bonuses because it's like -- we pay the same price but one console gets a little extra? Screw that. It's never really much but still. Id you want max content, then PS may be the way to go. Not sure if they've stated whether PS4 will get exclusive missions for Unity or not. I know they got exclusive content for Brotherhood (Copernicus Conspiracy) and AC3 (missions involving Benedict Arnold). I also think the PS4 got a couple Aveline missions for AC4. There was nothing exclusive, afaik, for AC1, AC2, or ACR. Could be wrong. Anyway, it is something to look into.