PDA

View Full Version : multyplayer is kinda REALLY unfair

CmanAmby
09-04-2014, 09:15 AM
ik a lot of people on here are just gonna be OMG YOU SUXXX NOOB

but for me I only like to play the objective game modes other wise I leave every other lobby seeing how I get 0-30

I never really see any of the hiding abilities worth it to use even if you do use them pres 99 lv 55 YOUSUX just shows up as he's hunting you in your morphed crowd and just kills you every time, I mean I have trouble telling who is who but you can walk up to a full crowd never knowing who I was and pick me out every single time? (I mean those guys that stand on a roof and shoot into a crowd)

I see a lot of lvl 1's struggling to ever make a kill on someone when a max lvl has no problem going 34-0 and having 50k-70k points when the round ends

how is a low level supposed to be good? some high level dude is just going to kill you every single time, on manhunt and all those I all ways get 0-10 as the hunt phase im just all ways being stunned by the same 3 guys who are going to be killing you every time in prey phase

where as I play dom or artifact my score improves from 8th to about 3-4

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 09:18 AM
you won't have to worry about mp in the future... because it's gone in Rogue and Unity... barring the co-op mode in Unity.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 09:24 AM
This belongs in the multiplayer forums.

I've been playing AC MP since Brotherhood, so I have a lot more experience with the game. I agree it's probably rather daunting and unfair to newbies by AC4. Especially since more experienced players will quickly unlock the best abilities and the matchmaking makes no distinction between prestige players and noobs. ACB had a "Ranked match" system that allowed experienced players to go against other high levels which was a much more balanced system. Newbies could wander into ranked matches to test their skills, but were aware that the other players might be out of their league. The current MP is unfairly harsh to people who are just starting and too easy for veteran players. So you get complaints from both sides. That's probably why MP is taking a break this year. Hopefully it'll come back at some point, reimagined in a way that's equally accessible and fun to all.

Farlander1991
09-04-2014, 10:38 AM
This belongs in the multiplayer forums.

I've been playing AC MP since Brotherhood, so I have a lot more experience with the game. I agree it's probably rather daunting and unfair to newbies by AC4. Especially since more experienced players will quickly unlock the best abilities and the matchmaking makes no distinction between prestige players and noobs. ACB had a "Ranked match" system that allowed experienced players to go against other high levels which was a much more balanced system. Newbies could wander into ranked matches to test their skills, but were aware that the other players might be out of their league. The current MP is unfairly harsh to people who are just starting and too easy for veteran players. So you get complaints from both sides. That's probably why MP is taking a break this year. Hopefully it'll come back at some point, reimagined in a way that's equally accessible and fun to all.

And as a stand-alone title.

Seriously. It was so annoying how support of one title's mp would instantly stop after the next one gets released, even though there would still be unfixed bugs. It should be one constantly supported game.

sedgieROI
09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
ACMP definitely has a steep learning curve, it's a balance of offensive and defensive play and it varies between game mode. What modes do you play?

definitely try out some new abilities until you find a set that works for you :)

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 10:55 AM

Seriously. It was so annoying how support of one title's mp would instantly stop after the next one gets released, even though there would still be unfixed bugs. It should be one constantly supported game.

Agreed. 100%

AC's MP is really fun and unique. I don't want to see it go away, honestly.

An idea I have is to make it into a free MMO or something of the sort for Uplay. That way people can test it out, and if they don't like it, they can skip it. But if they do enjoy it, they can pay to expand the maps, characters, etc. For example, this year's Unity will be the theme of the new expansion. Players interested can get Arno and Elise's costumes and a few new maps located in Paris. And if they already purchased the game, they can h

And since it's just an Abstergo entertainment game, I see no harm with mixing characters and settings from both new and older titles. I'm sure people would kill to have Venice back, along with some newer characters of the 18th century.

CmanAmby
09-04-2014, 11:30 AM
ACMP definitely has a steep learning curve, it's a balance of offensive and defensive play and it varies between game mode. What modes do you play?

definitely try out some new abilities until you find a set that works for you :)

I pretty much just stick to obj modes

im not a fan of the others modes as life is never long in them

Ik your supposed to hide plant bombs and such but with my pursers it's all ways oh hello Sometimes i only hear them coming once they stab me but a lot of the time I just wind up spawning next to them who get automatic 900 points on me (a lot of man hunt games i play we get stunned non stop by glimmer n smokers while we get hunted they pretty much wind up all ways killing us for 900 points)

as for modes for ffa im all ways the easiest to pick out I don't know where my guy is im trying to find him he knows im his purser and just ***** slaps me while the guy after me kills me after he b slaps me

I just like the objective modes as your not worrying non-stop about some guy camping you just beacuse your new as when I play ffa I get the same guy every 2 second kill or the man hunt im killed by the same guy every time

all though im only 37? (haven't played in a few hours)

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 11:56 AM

Well, that goes for sing-player too. AC3 and AC4 still have tons of bugs that aren't going to get fixed because Ubi has already moved on.

I don't think the MP is popular enough to warrant a stand-alone game. Heck, all they needed to do was keep supporting ACB, maybe add some new modes and characters and people would have loved it. It's still the most beloved version of AC MP to date. It's just too bad the matchmaking sucked and multiplayer became a yearly thing.

Edit: OP, you should definitely ask for tips in the MP forums. I'm sure people would be happy to give you survival tips. :)
Keep in mind that detection is based on line of sight. Your pursuers can find you hiding even in a morphed crowd if they dodge behind pillars and corners. If their compass dims when they lose sight of your persona, they'll know it's you. Also some perks like Sixth Sense make it possible for them to automatically find their target if they've had a certain number of contract losses in a row. So sometimes it's just bad luck.

One trick that sometimes works for me is, if you have one or more lookalikes of your persona in a crowd, stand RIGHT behind or in front of them. Don't leave any space between the characters. That way, pursuers can't use the line of sight to determine which one is their target and there's a chance they'll be lured by the wrong one.

Farlander1991
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, that goes for sing-player too. AC3 and AC4 still have tons of bugs that aren't going to get fixed because Ubi has already moved on.

SP and MP are different beasts, though. The biggest reason being the fact that you compete with other people, so when somebody uses a combination of smoke bomb & mute (IIRC that's the ACR broken power combo) to rack kills on you (when otherwise you could've had the upper hand) is not the same as 50 Achilesses or falling through a ship (as annoying as it can be).

Heck, all they needed to do was keep supporting ACB, maybe add some new modes and characters and people would have loved it.

Eh, having people buy an old title in the SP series to play the latest MP mode seems counter-intuitive.

I was thinking the stand-alone game to be F2P, as it's essentially what it is now in AC3/AC4 anyway.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 12:44 PM
SP and MP are different beasts, though. The biggest reason being the fact that you compete with other people, so when somebody uses a combination of smoke bomb & mute (IIRC that's the ACR broken power combo) to rack kills on you (when otherwise you could've had the upper hand) is not the same as 50 Achilesses or falling through a ship (as annoying as it can be).

I meant game-breaking bugs, like the Homestead logbook (where you collect info about the people living there) which, on PC at least, locks the player in with no option to get out except by force-quitting the game. Support knows about the bug, it's common, but they're simply not interested in fixing it, even though getting 100% in the logbook is actually a trophy/full sync challenge. MP, for all its problems, has never had such severe glitches that upon executing a particular action, it invariably breaks the game.

I think MP should have remained exclusive to ACB and should not have been included in the three games that followed. They could have spent those three years honing the experience, ironing out existing bugs, balancing the abilities and so forth, then re-introducing the New And Improved AC MP™ when it was ready. The broken mess that was ACR only served to hurt the MP's reputation. AC3 fixed some of the complaints but not nearly enough. Support became a joke. AC4 has the most stable and balanced MP since ACB, but by now people have lost faith in Ubi support and are either going back to the old titles or giving up on MP altogether. At least if it had stayed an ACB-exclusive, people who are discovering the game years later (Steam sales etc.) would have a strong community to play with and the game would be a lot more stable. Now what we have are four different MP experiences spread across several games, each with their own problems (some unique, some recycled) and no support for any of them.

Kakuzu745
09-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I think MP should have remained exclusive to ACB and should not have been included in the three games that followed. They could have spent those three years honing the experience, ironing out existing bugs, balancing the abilities and so forth, then re-introducing the New And Improved AC MP™ when it was ready. The broken mess that was ACR only served to hurt the MP's reputation. AC3 fixed some of the complaints but not nearly enough. Support became a joke. AC4 has the most stable and balanced MP since ACB, but by now people have lost faith in Ubi support and are either going back to the old titles or giving up on MP altogether. At least if it had stayed an ACB-exclusive, people who are discovering the game years later (Steam sales etc.) would have a strong community to play with and the game would be a lot more stable. Now what we have are four different MP experiences spread across several games, each with their own problems (some unique, some recycled) and no support for any of them.

You deserve some kind of medal or something. This is EXACTLY the roadmap to disaster that led to MP being removed.

I actually liked it a lot and maybe if Arno forms his own brotherhood in Paris or something like that it would make more sense to add it at some point, however, reality is they now need to rework the whole thing.

ACB was so good in terms of MP...