PDA

View Full Version : Favourite AC game

OpticSpecs
09-04-2014, 06:44 AM
What is your favourite Assassin's Creed game

Mine is Assassin's Creed 2

I also like the start of AC 3, because of Haytham

(May the father of understanding guide us)

(For the getter good)

JustPlainQuirky
09-04-2014, 06:52 AM
lol.

uhhmmmm

this is a hard one. I really need to replay them all to know for sure.

AC3 was my first AC game and takes place in one of my fav time periods so I have a bit of a personal bias there.

AC1 I loved the atmosphere and the interactions with Malik/Al Mualim. But game was repetative and combat sucked.

AC2 I didn't appreciate because all the "overrated" remarks it gets on the forums. I need to replay it. I remember liking it.

AC brotherhood had nice modern day and cute brotherhood mechanic. Rome and the plot was stale for me though. Cesare was hilarious and I need to try those side missions.

Revelations gave me so many feels. The gameplay was super stale. But the plot, exotic missions, and constantinople's overall look was all great.

AC3 had great characterization (despite some flaws IMO) and introduced some of the most human/likabale characters in the franchise for me.Gameplay kinda got stale a bit after replaying it for the fourth time, lol.

AC4 had great gameplay but the story was meh and the modern day was terrible IMO.

Liberation was a heap of a mess on so many levels IMO but the music was splendid.

Freedom Cry's plot was bland but music was also nice.

ToKW had fun (but rather stiff) fresh gameplay mechanics and a really nice narrative.

So they all have their ups n' downs. I'll say AC3 for now but it's subject to change. I actually think Rogue will end up being my fav so far TBH.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Assassin's Creed 3. The story and characters are astonishing.

And I haven't grown tired of playing the Predator in the Frontier yet.

Also, in anticipation of Unity, I like to dress Connor in the charleston outfit, equip him with a french rapier and a single gun, summon 3 bodyguard Assassins, and storm Boston together. :cool:

Xstantin
09-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Story: ACIII, gameplay: Black Flag (possibly because of the warehouse plundering). Looking forward to Unity more than other games at the moment

GunnerGalactico
09-04-2014, 10:31 AM
It's kind of difficult to pick out a single favourite, because I enjoyed all the games for different reasons.

For the storyline- AC1, AC2, ACRe, AC3

Gameplay- ACB, AC4

steveeire
09-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Probably

AC4
AC2
ACB
AC1
ACR
AC3

sedgieROI
09-04-2014, 10:47 AM
dayum AC3 is getting a lot of love! i think AC2 was fantastic, i really enjoyed the ezio trilogy too, particular ACB for the MP :)

Megas_Doux
09-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Story: AC I.
Gameplay: AC IV.
Combat: AC III.
Other details: AC II.

Right now: AC IV, AC I, AC II, ACIII, ACR, ACB.

mmac900
09-04-2014, 11:28 AM
dayum AC3 is getting a lot of love! i think AC2 was fantastic, i really enjoyed the ezio trilogy too, particular ACB for the MP :)

Because this forum is a joke full of connor fanboys. Almost everyone disliked AC3 but on this forum the fanboys workship the ground connor walks on.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-04-2014, 11:39 AM
AC2, AC4 and ACB are my favorites.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 11:53 AM
ACB and AC1.

Shahkulu101
09-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Loved everything about IV - the gameplay and story - and ACB has a place in my heart because it was my first AC game and just a very entertaining game despite the story being pretty meh.

Special mention to AC2 and ACR as well. As for AC3, dullest gameplay in the series for me. Add in poor story presentation, pacing issues etc and it travels further down the list - the mission design was the stuff of nightmares. But I liked the story despite its flaws, and I love Connor and Haytham. The Templars were definitely more interesting too. To me though, worst of the bunch has to be AC1. Going from ACB and AC2 to AC1 was jarring, the game is just so devoid of variety it's an absolute chore to play through.

I guess:

ACIV
ACB
AC2
ACR
AC3
AC1

SHADOWGARVIN
09-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Going from ACB and AC2 to AC1 was jarring, the game is just so devoid of variety it's an absolute chore to play through.

I can understand how you feel.

Going from AC1 in 2007 to AC2 in 2009 was mindblowing!!

GoldenBoy9999
09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
I loved AC3's Frontier so I went with it. ACB and ACR were cool. I didn't like AC1 but it's my fault because I played AC2 first. AC2 introduced a lot of new things so it was awesome. AC4 was pretty good. I like the plantations. A lot of replayablility.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Free Running - ACIII
Combat - ACB
Story - ACR
City(ies) ACII
Atmosphere - ACII
Soundtrack - ACR
Outfit - ACB
Don't mean to dismantle this thread or anything but if people (like myself) are having a hard time picking just do what I did.

Assassin_M
09-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Because this forum is a joke full of connor fanboys. Almost everyone disliked AC3 but on this forum the fanboys workship the ground connor walks on.
No....someone's having a hard time dealing with things.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-04-2014, 02:44 PM
AC3
AC2
AC1
ACB
ACL
AC4
ACR

...Could have sworn we had a thread on this already.

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 03:05 PM
AC4
AC2
ACB
AC3
AC1
ACR
ACL

AC4 has only recently beat AC2.

Hans684
09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
ACR & Black Flag
ACL(sue me)
AC1 & AC3
AC2
ACB

Markaccus
09-04-2014, 03:21 PM
ACB
AC2
AC4
ACR
AC1
AC3

Simple reason for my choices... Side content. I buy these game because i like having a nice choice of things to do. Lots of extras and hidden stuff and i also like to do some of the collectables. For me, ACB and AC2 had this perfect. Ac4 was a huge game too. At the other end of the scale, AC3 side quests were thrown together. The assasin missions were too simplistic and dull. Boston brawler was pointless. The underground was a repetetive nightmare of blah. The peg leg missions were ok but having to faff on getting the trinkets got old fast.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 03:23 PM
ACR & Black Flag
ACL(sue me)
AC1 & AC3
AC2
ACB

Curious, I've never seen someone enjoy Liberation so much. I like it okay myself, better than AC3, I'm just curious why it's your second favorite.

playlisting
09-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 for me. I love running across the rooftops of Florence while listening to the heralds shout the news below.

ACfan443
09-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Can I ask why Liberation is always shoehorned into polls where it has no business? It's not a main entry, its origins are in the handheld market and it's first and foremost a Vita game. I don't see why other spin-off titles like Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines, and Discovery are excluded from these kind of topics but Liberation isn't. Yeah it was ported to consoles but so what? If one of the AC iOS games was launched as a PS3/PS4 app, it wouldn't make it any less of a non-main-line spin-off.

Anyway, minor quibble aside, my vote goes to AC1.

m4r-k7
09-04-2014, 04:29 PM
AC 1, AC 2 and AC 4 for me. I can't choose between them.

AC 1 for the best setting and most brutality.
AC 2 for overall gameplay and new gameplay mechanics along with the story.
AC 4 for the freedom and fresh naval mechanics, along with Edward, my favourite AC protagonist.

Kakuzu745
09-04-2014, 04:32 PM
ACR
AC1
AC4
AC2
ACB
AC3

If only they would have taken more time to polish AC3 it would have probably been my favorite one. I really like all of them too.

RinoTheBouncer
09-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Well to be perfectly honest, it’s a tie between ACII and AC:R with AC:B really, really close to them. I voted for ACII because it was the start of the trilogy that I love the most.

If I’m to arrange them from most to least favorite (as I don’t hate any AC game) they’d be like this

AC:R/ACII
AC:B
ACIII
ACI
ACIV:BF
AC:L

ze_topazio
09-04-2014, 05:40 PM
The game by which all others are measured, the game that stopped Yves from trowing the series into a dusty box in Ubisoft's basement next to Prince of Persia, the game that made possible this thread existing, the game that cured canc... well, maybe not that, the game of the games.

Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles

Joking.

Assassin's Creed II

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zo9tsi.jpg

marvelfannumber
09-04-2014, 06:19 PM
AC2 will always remain my favorite AC, sure it has it's flaws (mostly in the story/writing department) but screw it, it's just so fun to play.

The atmosphere is perfect probably the best in the series for me, the free running is vastly improved from AC1 and it's soo much more fun in comparison and in general it's just enjoyable to replay for me.

As said it's quite a flawed game, but it has a charm that to me hasn't been matched by any AC game since.

Hans684
09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Curious, I've never seen someone enjoy Liberation so much. I like it okay myself, better than AC3, I'm just curious why it's your second favorite.

I like Aveline and her story for one, it has it's errors here and there like anything but I enjoy it. The bayou is more dense and exotic than the frontier, New Orleans is beautiful(except the fact that it's on Vita), I'd actually compare New Orleans to Firenze(another favorite city of mine). It gives the same feel, and Firenze feels like home. It's mostly the world, characters and story. Gameplay is not that interesting.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:29 PM
I like Aveline and her story for one, it has it's errors here and there like anything but I enjoy it. The bayou is more dense and exotic than the frontier, New Orleans is beautiful(except the fact that it's on Vita), I'd actually compare New Orleans to Firenze(another favorite city of mine). It gives the same feel, and Firenze feels like home. It's mostly the world, characters and story. Gameplay is not that interesting.

I thought ACL's flaws were mostly the story and its presentation (very choppy and confusing) and the controls which were inherited from AC3. Although I'm not a huge fan of either, I agree that the Bayou and New Orleans were more appealing than AC3's locations. New Orleans is much more colorful which instantly makes it more welcoming. The ambient music also helped a LOT.

Assassin_M
09-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Simple reason for my choices... Side content. I buy these game because i like having a nice choice of things to do. Lots of extras and hidden stuff and i also like to do some of the collectables. For me, ACB and AC2 had this perfect. Ac4 was a huge game too. At the other end of the scale, AC3 side quests were thrown together. The assasin missions were too simplistic and dull. Boston brawler was pointless. The underground was a repetetive nightmare of blah. The peg leg missions were ok but having to faff on getting the trinkets got old fast.
I don't understand how AC II can take second place above AC IV when it had terrible side content such as beating husbands up and delivering letters, with only Tombs and Assassination contracts being the good part of the side missions. AC III's only missions that were thrown together were the delivery, courier and Assassination contracts.
also, how the F*** can AC I be above AC III when it comes to side content?

Boston brawler was pointless.
That can be said for a lot of side missions in the other games like Couriers, Assassination contracts and beating husbands up.

The underground was a repetetive nightmare of blah.
It's an acquired taste i guess..I thought they were amazing.

The peg leg missions were ok but having to faff on getting the trinkets got old fast.
I don't see how it got "old fast" when EVERY other game has collectibles as well. I mean, sure...they could have been better hidden but come on..

You also forgot to mention the Naval contracts side missions, Nicolas Biddle's side missions, The Homestead missions and the Liberation missions. Those were pretty well done.

lothario-da-be
09-04-2014, 08:39 PM
It surprises me that ac3 has as much votes as ac4 and ac2 only has 1 vote more, interesting.
And only 1 vote for ac1? Are all the purists gone?

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
It surprises me that ac3 has as much votes as ac4 and ac2 only has 1 vote more, interesting.
And only 1 vote for ac1? Are all the purists gone?

Pretty much. AC1 came out seven years ago, AC2 five years ago. Most of the "original" fans have moved on from these forums.

Hans684
09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
I thought ACL's flaws were mostly the story and its presentation (very choppy and confusing) and the controls which were inherited from AC3. Although I'm not a huge fan of either, I agree that the Bayou and New Orleans were more appealing than AC3's locations. New Orleans is much more colorful which instantly makes it more welcoming. The ambient music also helped a LOT.

It's performance I agree on, the game was an edited version made by Abstergo Entertainment. It kinda shoot itself in the foot there. And I forgot to mention the soundtrack, thanks for reminding me.

Assassin_M
09-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Pretty much. AC1 came out seven years ago, AC2 five years ago. Most of the "original" fans have moved on from these forums.
I'm here, this forum needs no one else...only me. Not even the mods, only me...but the mods keep this place in check, so i let them be...

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Glad to see people enjoying Liberation. I enjoyed it as well, especially missions set in New Orleans. The only thing keeping me away is the Bayou. It took me about 1-2 weeks to jump back into the game because for whatever reason, the developers decided to place 70% of the game in the freaking bayou.

It sucks to be a completionist as well. *shivers* ...****ing bayou...

Assassin_M
09-04-2014, 09:31 PM
This is my new ranking after replaying Brotherhood.

AC IV
AC I/AC III
ACR/ACB
AC II

Namikaze_17
09-04-2014, 10:02 PM
AC3 for me...It was my first AC, so I hold that in special regard really.

1) AC3
2) AC4
3) AC1
4) ACR
5) AC2/ ACB
6) ACL

Does Freedom Cry count? Plus I'll give a more descriptive reasons for my list later.

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm here, this forum needs no one else...only me. Not even the mods, only me...but the mods keep this place in check, so i let them be...

I'm also an original fan.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130131/1000/animals_who_have_the_come_at_me_bro_nailed_08.gif

Megas_Doux
09-04-2014, 11:54 PM
I

You also forgot to mention the Naval contracts side missions, Nicolas Biddle's side missions, The Homestead missions and the Liberation missions. Those were pretty well done.

Herding pigs was such a rewarding experience :P

Being serious though, in terms of side content kinda goes like this: AC IV and ACB take the lead, then AC III / AC II, ACR ================================================== ============================================> AC I.

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Herding pigs was such a rewarding experience :P
It wasn't JUST herding pigs, though jeez, that's the excuse everyone brings up when talking about the Homestead, man. it was just a FEW missions that were mundane: Herding pigs, Getting Dave's stuff, Getting Ellen's stuff and Stalking Myriam. What about the river rescue? what about rope-darting all those poachers? what about chasing the thief? what about fighting the bandits who were robbing Lance? What about saving Dave from redcoats? What about defending the homestead against redcoats and Quincent's mercenaries? What about saving Prudence from a bear? What about getting Achilles' painting and robes? What about beating up the people who were harassing Doctor White? The fun missions greatly outnumber the non-fun missions.

Being serious though, in terms of side content kinda goes like this: AC IV and ACB take the lead, then AC III / AC II, ACR ================================================== ============================================> AC I.
Honestly, I wouldnt put AC II with AC III nor ACR, those had way more side missions and ones that actually mattered.

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm also an original fan.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130131/1000/animals_who_have_the_come_at_me_bro_nailed_08.gif
You only registered this year. I have been here for 5 years.....5 years on this forum....I have shaped it, tamed it...no where in this forum have I met a man equal to myself.

Fatal-Feit
09-05-2014, 12:31 AM
#lol@thatreference

ze_topazio
09-05-2014, 12:32 AM
You newer people don't now of the days when Assassin_M(ofo) ruled this forums as his own, even the mods kneeled before him, anyone who disobeyed would be put on his place with a gigantic wall of text right away, it was a time of order and Altair worshiping.

Namikaze_17
09-05-2014, 12:37 AM
You only registered this year. I have been here for 5 years.....5 years on this forum....I have shaped it, tamed it...no where in this forum have I met a man equal to myself.

And you know what you would do if such a man/ woman entered your Forums... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 12:55 AM
And you know what you would do if such a man/ woman entered your Forums... :rolleyes:
Through the years, I have watched the forum of AC. I have posted...argued...and started threads within its walls.
And in time, I have tamed it....shaped it.
Nowhere in this forum have I met a member equal to myself...
A soul willing to post in the name of destiny...
Capable enough to debate against what's rightfully wrong..
Cunning enough to stare the mods in the eye...
And charismatic enough to raise an unstoppable list of friends that can rival all of the forums'

Mr_Shade: "What are you going to do?
Pacmante: "Make some friends"

If I want to post, I post...If I want to ninja, I ninja

Sixkeys: "You are the leader of the peasants now--unite them, Pacmanate and take back the forums"

If I ever did meat such a member...
If that member entered my forums...
I know EXACTLY...how I would welcome him...

Namikaze_17
09-05-2014, 01:16 AM
@M.

I think you're missing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_txL43iFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

While Pac stares you down until a Cannon randomly makes him attack you...

While I'm just a follower that says: "HAIL THE MORGIA!" as I'm killed by one of the "Peasants"

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 01:22 AM
It wasn't JUST herding pigs, though jeez, that's the excuse everyone brings up when talking about the Homestead, man. it was just a FEW missions that were mundane: Herding pigs, Getting Dave's stuff, Getting Ellen's stuff and Stalking Myriam. What about the river rescue? what about rope-darting all those poachers? what about chasing the thief? what about fighting the bandits who were robbing Lance? What about saving Dave from redcoats? What about defending the homestead against redcoats and Quincent's mercenaries? What about saving Prudence from a bear? What about getting Achilles' painting and robes? What about beating up the people who were harassing Doctor White? The fun missions greatly outnumber the non-fun missions.

Honestly, I wouldnt put AC II with AC III nor ACR, those had way more side missions and ones that actually mattered.

I can give you, which does mean mean I feel the same though, many of the missions you mentioned, but Achilles painting???????
It was just going to NY, climb a boring burnt building of two storeys tall and retrieve it, nothing more.

AC II has the pretty good addition of the platforming levels and gylphs: which were either absent in ACR -included in the main game- and weak in AC III. In which the underground stuff is particularly atrocious thanks to its execution:

1 NO background music.
2 Connor stuck on that slow jogging motion like 80% of the time.
3 No importance or relationship with the story AT ALL. With the glyphs, that DID matter and ALOT btw, you get to expand the universe aside Ezio and Altair. You get to know about the first civilization, their objects and how those have shaped mankind even to the point of creating it and then explaining some historical figures and events such as Napoleon having an apple, Joan of Arc murdered in order to retrieve a "magical" sword form her , the moon landing, WW II and capitalism just to name a few, introducing subject 16 in the process......

But aside from heavily padding just because, what is the purpose reading those long @&/%&& manuscrypts of hell?????? Aside from the fact you know America┤s founding , fathers were freemasons or connected to them, there is not a single indication in game of such thing. The underground stuff has NO meaning and context within the game other than "being there".

Many of the Homestead missions are similar to AC II┤s contracts and thus are in the same level for me but ACI III "leads" thanks to the naval stuff.

PD I Renaissance paintings of Da Vinci and Botticelli>>>>>>> Ben Franklin┤s inventions.....

Namikaze_17
09-05-2014, 01:32 AM
@Mega

AC3 did have some interaction with a first Civ item..That ring in the Peg leg missions.

I agree with you for the most part, but if there were MORE of that in AC3 instead of pointless boring underground passages, I would've been fine.

Not to mention the Key...:rolleyes:

Plus the Apple in TOKW...

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 01:37 AM
@Mega

AC3 did have some interaction with a first Civ item..That ring in the Peg leg missions.

I agree with you for the most part, but if there were MORE of that in AC3 instead of pointless boring underground passages, I would've been fine.

Not to mention the Key...:rolleyes:

Plus the Apple in TOKW...

You did not get my point

M said that AC III had more stuff that mattered than AC II and I replied by saying the glyphs are WAY more meaningful to the lore than the underground labyrinths.

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 01:38 AM
While Pac stares you down until a Cannon randomly makes him attack you...

While I'm just a follower that says: "HAIL THE MORGIA!" as I'm killed by one of the "Peasants"
Ah dammit, now look what you made me do to my signature.

I can give you, which does mean mean I feel the same though, many of the missions you mentioned, but Achilles painting???????
It was just going to NY, climb a boring burnt building of two storeys tall and retrieve it, nothing more.
It was a pretty cool little parkour puzzle to find the apartment that had his painting but sure, okay...it was boring.

AC II has the pretty good addition of the platforming levels and gylphs: which were either absent in ACR -included in the main game- and weak in AC III.
But AC III had the Captain Kidd missions.

In which the underground stuff is particularly atrocious thanks to its execution:

1 NO background music.
2 Connor stuck on that slow jogging motion like 80% of the time.
3 No importance or relationship with the story AT ALL. With the glyphs, that DID matter and ALOT btw, you get to expand the universe aside Ezio and Altair. You get to know about the first civilization, their objects and how those have shaped mankind even to the point of creating it and then explaining some historical figures and events such as Napoleon having an apple, Joan of Arc murdered in order to retrieve a "magical" sword form her , the moon landing, WW II and capitalism just to name a few, introducing subject 16 in the process...
I can give you the background music. AC III had no soul without them but the jogging is fine for me, besides..the tunnels occasionally had some pretty neat encounters in the shape of enemies or little parkour puzzles and I agree that the free masons should have had a more expanded role.

But aside from heavily padding just because, what is the purpose reading those long @&/%&& manuscrypts of hell?????? Aside from the fact you know America┤s founding , fathers were freemasons or connected to them, there is not a single indication in game of such thing or any them having an agenda, the underground stuff is just there..
I don't think I needed a HUGE reason for the underground but yes, like I said...the masons should have had a more prominent role in the game. I liked the tunnels because the idea was cool and evidently, they're reusing it in Unity but taking advantage of the new consoles to make it better. I liked noticing the change in tunnel structure when entering the countryside and the city and I liked the puzzle itself of trying to find exits and entrances.

PD I Renaissance paintings of Da Vinci and Botticelli>>>>>>> Ben Franklin┤s inventions.....
I disagree. Franklin's inventions = Da vInci paintings. I don't take by what's better, I take by the historical tourism aspect and they both did their jobs.

Fatal-Feit
09-05-2014, 01:40 AM
The less First Civ shenanigans, the better. :p

---------------

I'm probably the only one who enjoys the lack of ambient music in AC:3. I don't know why, but I just found it more immersed that way. I was able to hear the birds chirp, the trees brushing against the wind, the wolves howling in the night, the drums of the guards passing by, and the rivers flowing throughout the forest... It really felt authentic and real. Like, I was exploring an actual forest. There was nothing like it.

That immersive feeling was lost in AC:IV, IMO. The ambient music playing over the background noises did not make me feel like I was at a beach or at high seas at all. But still, AC isn't suppose to be a simulator. And I still enjoyed exploring AC:IV the most.

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 01:41 AM
M said that AC III had more stuff that mattered than AC II and I replied by saying the glyphs are WAY more meaningful to the lore than the underground labyrinths.
Okay...AC II's Glyphs, Tombs and Assassination contracts against AC III's Captain Kidd missions, Forts, Liberation missions, Homestead missions, Naval contracts and Biddle missions.

When I said "mattered" I did not mean to the lore, I said actually had a story and context. AC III had WAY more of those than AC II.

I-Like-Pie45
09-05-2014, 01:42 AM
not exactly like ac3 has the worst side content in games

like trading stocks
or truck towing
or yoga

all things more unholy than pig herding and collecting flowers

rprkjj
09-05-2014, 01:47 AM
From greatest to least:

AC4
ACB
ACR
AC2
AC3
AC1

SlyTrooper
09-05-2014, 02:37 AM

I've got experience on the wiki. Meet me there. :p

ACfan443
09-05-2014, 02:51 AM
not exactly like ac3 has the worst side content in games

like trading stocks
or truck towing
or yoga

all things more unholy than pig herding and collecting flowers

I found painstakingly stacking crates a wholesome and fulfilling experience,

rickprog
09-05-2014, 03:38 AM
Went with AC3 for the story, but now I think I actually like AC4 better in both gameplay and story as well. I'm not quite sure, it's pretty hard for me to pick.

JustPlainQuirky
09-05-2014, 03:40 AM
AC1 = Best Atmosphere
AC2 = Best Structure
ACB = Best Side Missions
ACR = Best Exotic Missions
AC3 = Best Narrative
ACL = Best Music
AC4 = Best Gameplay
ACFC = Best....culture?

Fatal-Feit
09-05-2014, 03:57 AM
AC1 = Best Atmosphere
AC2 = Best Structure
ACB = Best Side Missions
AC3 = Best Narrative
ACL = Best Music
AC4 = Best Gameplay
ACFC = Best....culture?

AC:FC --> Best Liberation

Non-stop slave freeing, left and right. Even on sea. :p

It's an Assassin paradise. Sort of...

JustPlainQuirky
09-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Ah yes. ACFC Best Liberation Missions I guss

Kakuzu745
09-05-2014, 05:04 PM
AC1 = Best Atmosphere
AC2 = Best Structure
ACB = Best Side Missions
AC3 = Best Narrative
ACL = Best Music
AC4 = Best Gameplay
ACFC = Best....culture?

Best DLC ;)

MetalGear312
09-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Assassin's Creed III has been my favorite thus far, the gameplay is great, and the 100% sync constraints don't make me want to tear my hair out so that's a plus. My favorite aspect of ACIII is the story setting, story, and characters, they feel the most human even if the modern story was 45% poo-poo. I loved the hunting and naval combat was decent enough, the crafting system needed help. Connor is the best protagonist to date (be gentle, and don't use me as a blood sacrifice) and the story was rather meaningful to me as a person and as an American. (I don't mean to sound cheesy, I just think that my country and world politics are two faced)

Assassin's Creed II is my second favorite, because the feels, no 100% is it's saving grace but the combat is frustrating and, the free running is robotic. (Like ACI)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was cool, and introduced new concepts like kill streaks, and the modern story was best in Brotherhood. Other than that it was awfully bland.

Assassin's Creed Liberation is great, but not much else. It was fun to play but some of the mechanics like disguises, and the noteriety system were tempo breaking

Assassin's Creed IV has great music, graphics, and gameplay; but I wasn't over fond of Edward or the rather campy modern story.

Assassin's Creed I is OG and the need for improvement was obvious, overall I have a great time playing and it was a fantastic first game.

Assassin's Creed Revelations is garbage (my opinion, please don't kill me!) it was frustrating, and felt like they didn't try to make sense, as far as the story was concerned I hated all of it. Ezio was low balled into obscurity, Alta´r didn't get enough screen time, and the modern story makes me sick.

I do however have high hopes for the next two titles, and can't wait for November!

poptartz20
09-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Oh these threads always pop up every couple of months or so. And I've been on the forums for just short of 2 years. it because a long drawn out battle of AC3 being this and that, while AC1 was another way. AC2 was amazing M comes in shuts things down. Arguments follow, and 15 pages later the thread threatens to get locked if we don't stay on topic. and... history repeats itself as a whole. Were we never meant to live in peace then?

Through the years, I have watched the forum of AC. I have posted...argued...and started threads within its walls.
And in time, I have tamed it....shaped it.
Nowhere in this forum have I met a member equal to myself...
A soul willing to post in the name of destiny...
Capable enough to debate against what's rightfully wrong..
Cunning enough to stare the mods in the eye...
And charismatic enough to raise an unstoppable list of friends that can rival all of the forums'

Mr_Shade: "What are you going to do?
Pacmante: "Make some friends"

If I want to post, I post...If I want to ninja, I ninja

Sixkeys: "You are the leader of the peasants now--unite them, Pacmanate and take back the forums"

If I ever did meat such a member...
If that member entered my forums...
I know EXACTLY...how I would welcome him...

I believe all of this to be true. . . Hands down. Thank you M.

MetalGear312
09-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Best DLC ;)

Yes!

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Oh these threads always pop up every couple of months or so. And I've been on the forums for just short of 2 years. it because a long drawn out battle of AC3 being this and that, while AC1 was another way. AC2 was amazing M comes in shuts things down. Arguments follow, and 15 pages later the thread threatens to get locked if we don't stay on topic. and... history repeats itself as a whole. Were we never meant to live in peace then? .
Truer words have no been spoken..it's like a routine now.

poptartz20
09-05-2014, 06:53 PM
it really is. : |

the only thing that is shifting is that now people are now oddly flipping to AC3 being the favorite while AC2 drops in majority of the popularity polls and fanboys/girls come out the wood works to start hating on AC3 fans. and it's just a mess. Lol!

I come here for the comments. haha! I do wonder what it was like prior to all of this though. I imagine actual great thought provoking debates and riveting conversations!

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 06:58 PM
it really is. : |

the only thing that is shifting is that now people are now oddly flipping to AC3 being the favorite while AC2 drops in majority of the popularity polls and fanboys/girls come out the wood works to start hating on AC3 fans. and it's just a mess. Lol!

I come here for the comments. haha!

Here is quite the contrary in fact, AC III┤s fanboys are majority and/or way more vocal and are the ones who hate AC II and their fans, even to the point of bullying. In Metacritic, Facebook, youtube, IGN i and many other places is the way you describe it.

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Here is quite the contrary in fact, AC III┤s fanboys are majority and/or way more vocal and are the ones who hate AC II and their fans, even to the point of bullying. In Metacritic, Facebook, youtube, IGN i and many other places is the way you describe it.
*sees Megas as latest poster in thread*
*Knows that this'll be his reply*

I'm so awesome arent I?

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 07:12 PM
*sees Megas as latest poster in thread*
*Knows that this'll be his reply*

I'm so awesome arent I?

kinda! ;)

Indeed I have been vocal in regards to that lately. Why???? Because I criticized that same problem in 2012 early 2013, that time was the other way around though. I┤m just practicing what I preached back then.

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 07:13 PM
kinda! ;)

Indeed I have been vocal in regards to that lately. Why???? Because I criticized that same problem in 2012 early 2013, that time was the other way around though. I┤m just practicing what I preached back then.
Which is respectable, no argument from me.

shobhit7777777
09-05-2014, 07:21 PM
ACR
AC4 was excellent as well
AC1 minus the HUD and when treated as a sim

dimbismp
09-05-2014, 07:25 PM
For me it is:
Brotherhood>BF>>>II>III>Revelations>>>I

Specifically:
AC:Great medieval setting,hardest combat and the best game in terms of moral greyness
AC II:Beautiful cities and completely changes the core of the game ,introducing better parkour and side missions.
ACB:My first AC,best side missions,great city IMO
ACR:Maybe the best story.Had the best city so far and tried to introduce new elements(hookblade,ziplines) even though the development time was 10 months
ACIII :Nice change of pace with a mix of rural and urban environment.The story had the potential to be the most interesting,but halfway through i lost my interest.Have to mention that this game had the best marketing.THAT HYPE.
AC IV:Nice story,mix of Assassin and pirate gameplay,cool side missions
And i hope that ACU will be the top of the list in a few months time

Assassin_M
09-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Brotherhood>BF>>>II
Hehehe.

NondairyGold
09-05-2014, 07:47 PM
It's like asking me to choose my favourite child. And we all know how that will end, I love them all equally (some more equal than others!!!).

SlyTrooper
09-05-2014, 07:47 PM
AC4
AC2
ACB
AC3
AC1
ACR
ACL

AC4 has only recently beat AC2.

Ok, I've given it some thought, & I'm going to change my order. (ACIV is still my favourite, though).

AC4 - Still the best game for me.
AC2 - I like the story & the gameplay. I don't care what M says.
AC1 - Been playing it again & it's actually a lot better than I remember. The investigations aren't that intrusive & the assassinations are really fun. If it wasn't for all the pain I had to go through killing those Templars & collecting those flags, I would have it as my second favourite.
AC3 - Love the story, especially Haytham. Gameplay is good, too. It only lacks in polish.
ACB - Great game. Didn't enjoy the story as much as the ones above & getting 100% sync was hard (the tank mission especially). It's also a little short.
ACR - Story is better than Brotherhood, but the gameplay lacks.
ACL - Gameplay is fine, but the story & content in the game suffers.

Kakuzu745
09-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Ok, I've given it some thought, & I'm going to change my order. (ACIV is still my favourite, though).

AC1 - Been playing it again & it's actually a lot better than I remember. The investigations aren't that intrusive & the assassinations are really fun. If it wasn't for all the pain I had to go through killing those Templars & collecting those flags, I would have it as my second favorite.

YES! More people need to replay AC1...seriously.

Xstantin
09-05-2014, 09:17 PM
It's like asking me to choose my favourite child. And we all know how that will end, I love them all equally (some more equal than others!!!).

It's always the pretty one. Everybody knows :p

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 09:18 PM
YES! More people need to replay AC1...seriously.

The Assassinations, story and setting easily make it my second favorite in the franchise after AC IV. The lack of variety in between and side activities are cardinals sins though.

ACfan443
09-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Hurrah, looks like I'm no longer the only one who voted AC1. :D