PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Ranged Weapon across all games?

The_Kiwi_
09-04-2014, 06:02 AM
On my other poll, favourite weapons, I failed to mention that I only included melee weapons on purpose, so a few people have told me that I forgot a lot of their favourite ranged weapons, so I shall do that now!
This is perfect PR for Ubisoft, with all the polls I've made, they'll be able to put the most popular things together into one perfect assassin...

LoyalACFan
09-04-2014, 06:08 AM
Hidden Gun FTW, although I feel the need to say that the crossbow is the most stupidly useful tool in any of the games.

The bow should be automatically disqualified because of the GOD. AWFUL. "free" aiming system.

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Throwing knives, they are the most assassiny thing of all, because they can be easily hidden.

The_Kiwi_
09-04-2014, 06:20 AM
For me it is definitely the spears/axes. When waiting for money to generate in the bank, since I had 100% in missions and was just buying properties, all I did was steal weapons and throw them at guards, it is the most fun I can have with ranged weapons.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Definitely the blunderbuss. The animations for it are just god-like...

Another reason to replay Freedom Cry.

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Also... Edward was a pirate... why didn't he have some crude sleeve gun?

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Also... Edward was a pirate... why didn't he have some crude sleeve gun?

Because they weren't practical. I mean, at the time, carrying 4 pistols weren't illegal and they make him more intimidating. :p

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Because they weren't practical. I mean, at the time, carrying 4 pistols weren't illegal and they make him more intimidating. :p
I suppose, but you can easily release the mechanism on a sleeve gun... much like the hidden blade, and he could have had the sleeve gun as well as the pistols. For up close and personal attacks... imagine him sitting at the templar table... flipping out his sleeve gun and shooting one of the templars in one swift move...

JustPlainQuirky
09-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Bow n' Arrow.

Blowpipes second.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 06:45 AM
I suppose, but you can easily release the mechanism on a sleeve gun... much like the hidden blade, and he could have had the sleeve gun as well as the pistols. For up close and personal attacks... imagine him sitting at the templar table... flipping out his sleeve gun and shooting one of the templars in one swift move...

That would be awesome, but the normal pistols are just as effective. I mean, they're loaded on his chest.

Also, realistically, Edward is suppose to be randomly picking up and throwing away pistols during battles because reloading takes too much time. They mentioned that a lot in the advertisements.

The_Kiwi_
09-04-2014, 06:47 AM

That sound exactly like Moriaty's weapon from Sherlock Holmes
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4999867_f260.jpg

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:48 AM
That would be awesome, but the normal pistols are just as effective. I mean, they're loaded on his chest.

Also, realistically, Edward is suppose to be randomly picking up and throwing away pistols during battles because reloading takes too much time. They mentioned that a lot in the advertisements.
effective yes, but hardly for the element of surprise... which is what a sleeve gun is good for... catching your target off guard... whereas pistols are for running and gunning... hence him dropping them and picking new ones up.

The_Kiwi_
09-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Bow n' Arrow.

Blowpipes second.

I didn't even recognise you :confused: I was like who is this??

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:49 AM
That sound exactly like Moriaty's weapon from Sherlock Holmes
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4999867_f260.jpg
because that's exactly what it is :D

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 06:56 AM
effective yes, but hardly for the element of surprise... which is what a sleeve gun is good for... catching your target off guard... whereas pistols are for running and gunning... hence him dropping them and picking new ones up.

Well, pulling out a pistol and shooting the guy is just as effective and quick. The sleeve gun would work best in a more modern-ish setting.

I'd love to see it make its way into a late 18-19th century AC.

JustPlainQuirky
09-04-2014, 06:57 AM
I didn't even recognise you :confused: I was like who is this??

What an avatar does to a man.

pyrotechnick777
09-04-2014, 07:04 AM
The Crossbow.
A very close second is the throwing knife, specially from Ezio's games, since your could throw 3 knives at once for 3 simultaneous kills.

Xstantin
09-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Knives.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Throwing knives and poison dart. I must admit, as non-stealthy as it may be, occasionally throwing an axe or war club at an enemy can be hilarious too. ;)

HypeR.tgL
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Hidden gun, it's had the most effect on me in terms of the ac universe. Altair pulling it out on Abbas was just a pure holy **** moment.

GunnerGalactico
09-04-2014, 10:25 AM
The hidden gun is my favourite projectile weapon, mainly because it is less tedious than a flintlock pistol.

Second favourite the blow pipe, it really came handy for me in AC4 and I enjoyed using the berserk darts to take out the gunmen on the roofs.

Lastly, I like the bow and arrow because it is swift and stealthy and I like the fact that you can kill 2 people with a single arrow.

steveeire
09-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Crossbow and Bow and Arrow, an Assassins should never need to use a noisy weapon.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Bow n Arrow. I don't know why but there was never a better feeling than shooting that bow. Wish you could get one in Unity but I know it makes sense..

Markaccus
09-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Crossbow.
Probably considered "OVERPOWERED" but it is so useful. One shot kill every time. Made stealth much easier. Well worth the money.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Gotta love the bow and arrow.

Rope/Poison dart second

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I have to say throwing knives simply because of AC1. They are so satisfying to kill guards with. You hear the sound of the blade entering their body & they drop slowly to the ground.

Shahkulu101
09-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Tomahawk. Oh wait they inexplicably didn't let us throw it!! :p

Genuinely, my favourite ranged weapon is ugh...the hidden gun. Yeah, the hidden gun. Shoutout to the blunderbuss which was just awesome to use.

m4r-k7
09-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I would go with throwing knives and the bow.
I wish in the near future we get an archery expert assassin where we can do awesome ranged bow and arrow kills.

Kakuzu745
09-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I just have a soft spot for the bow...blunderbuss was also brutally fantastic :D

I wish in the near future we get an archery expert assassin where we can do awesome ranged bow and arrow kills.

This...probably the "Robin Hood" guy from Memories?

m4r-k7
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM

Exactly!

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 05:00 PM
I just have a soft spot for the bow...blunderbuss was also brutally fantastic :D

I wrote an idea for a game about him. His name is William. I would be so happy if we get a game with an expert archer. :)

Kakuzu745
09-04-2014, 05:39 PM
I wrote an idea for a game about him. His name is William. I would be so happy if we get a game with an expert archer. :)

It would be absolutely badass

GoldenBoy9999
09-04-2014, 10:09 PM

Yes! That would be awesome. You'd probably feel like a real BA. I feel like they could market that well also. Btw, I voted for the bow.