PDA

View Full Version : What's in the horizon for Altair?

Kakuzu745
09-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I know that a lot of people tend to think that Altair story is already told and he should not be in any new videogame but to be honest I still think make a lot of sense for him to be in another game.

First of all, yes, Revelations gave some sort of closure in terms of how he ends his story and also about some specific moments of his life, however, reality is this segments were absolutely small (because the star of the game was Ezio, so it is understandable) and in my opinion it would not e crazy at all to have a game where you go further in this key moments of Altair life (the revolution vs Abbas, his trip to Mongolia, his life as the mentor in Masyaf and the surrounding cities that we already visited, just to mention some). This would give a nice opportunity to implement some sort of Assassin "Nation" idea where you basically take care of the economy of Masyaf which in my opinion would be cool.

Another option would be to have a prequel where we could see how he became the assassin that we saw at the beginning of AC1, the relationship with his father, how he met a younger Al Mualim and maybe how he became the mentor in the first place (if it fits with the timeline ofc).

The third option is just to have console versions (adapted to how an AC game actually is) of Bloodlines or Altair Chronicles. These ones with hopefully more historical figures and less "fictional" characters and stuff.

Finally, the fourth option is just to develop him in other media. Only the movie? or maybe the movie with also some sort of comic? This one for me would be the less appealing option since what would be ideal with Altair now is to dig deeper into some parts of his story and not just have an overall view of the story (which is for example what happens with The Fall)

Maybe you have some other ideas...what do you think?

Fatal-Feit
09-03-2014, 10:26 PM
A cameo in another game set around the same time period. :)

LoyalACFan
09-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Honestly, I don't want to see Altair again unless they reboot the franchise; we know essentially every detail of his life story now. A next-gen "supercut" of sorts piecing together his life in a single uninterrupted game would be cool, but TBH if they ever decide to remake the handheld games into full-blown console iterations I sincerely hope they do Discovery, because relegating the Spanish Inquisition to a DS game was a huge mistake IMO (I'd rather just get a new game starring a Spanish Assassin with a possible Ezio cameo, but I'll take what I can get).

Namikaze_17
09-03-2014, 11:44 PM
His Horizon?

He dies sitting on a chair in an abandoned Library. :nonchalance:

Megas_Doux
09-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Honestly, I don't want to see Altair again unless they reboot the franchise; we know essentially every detail of his life story now. A next-gen "supercut" of sorts piecing together his life in a single uninterrupted game would be cool, but TBH if they ever decide to remake the handheld games into full-blown console iterations I sincerely hope they do Discovery, because relegating the Spanish Inquisition to a DS game was a huge mistake IMO (I'd rather just get a new game starring a Spanish Assassin with a possible Ezio cameo, but I'll take what I can get).

This!!!!!!!

naumaan
09-04-2014, 01:34 AM
some body from ubisoft .. read it .. and make the regen versions of games like altair chronicles and all those low end graphical versions of ac on pc, ps3, ps4 or xbox
thank you

Locopells
09-04-2014, 02:08 AM
They could certainly do it to keep the old gen going for a bit, even if they don't want to put a full budget into it...

naumaan
09-04-2014, 02:13 AM
i wish

rickprog
09-04-2014, 02:37 AM
To be honest, I see nothing from Alta´r on the nearby future. Perhaps the bloodlines + chronicles + AC1 remake could happen some time down the road, but I don't think it will happen soon. There's Arno going on right now, I would say we'll see another game with him as the protagonist, then a Rogue HD version for current gen as well, and they'll want to do Japan and/or China too since it's been asked for way too much (to my dislike, but well).

I think they'll stop with last gen games soon despite the statements made by... Well, can't remember if it was Ashraf or Yves or whatever, but the ones saying they wouldn't abandon last gen AC fans. There was someone else answering recently on an interview that they still have to see if they'll keep making last gen games.

Kakuzu745
09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
They could certainly do it to keep the old gen going for a bit, even if they don't want to put a full budget into it...

Exactly...it is really about finding some opportunities to tell some untold stories about Altair...untold in terms fully fleshed in a videogame.

Yes, we all know he dies and how he dies but he has a lifetime of stories to still be told in new games.

CoachAssassin
09-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Cough movie cough.

ze_topazio
09-04-2014, 05:45 PM
http://www.aliusmodus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/horizonteenelmar.jpg

HDinHB
09-04-2014, 11:39 PM

You sir, were remarkably prescient. (or did you have insider info?)
http://www.vcpost.com/articles/26148/20140904/assassin-s-creed-take-place-15th-century-spain-co-producer-michael-fassbender-dual-roles.htm

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqreRufrkxM&list=RD7WJXHY2OXGE&index=5

AssassinHMS
09-05-2014, 01:23 AM
After ACR I learned my lesson...so hopefully Altair won't be in any more games.

http://www.aliusmodus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/horizonteenelmar.jpg
Ahah, that sure is a scary horizon for Altair.

Kakuzu745
09-05-2014, 03:43 AM
After ACR I learned my lesson...so hopefully Altair won't be in any more games.

What do you mean?