PDA

View Full Version : GI: AC Unity Podcast QA with Alex Amancio

Sushiglutton
09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
It's up now: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2014/09/03/special-edition-podcast-assassin-39-s-creed-unity.aspx

(Don't tell me I'm the only one nerdy enough to know the time of GI updates :rolleyes:)

Edit: Thanks mods :D!

HDinHB
09-03-2014, 08:20 PM
It's up now: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2014/09/03/special-edition-podcast-assassin-39-s-creed-unity.aspx

(Don't tell me I'm the only one nerdy enough to know the time of GI updates :rolleyes:)

Edit: Maybe a mod can add "(Unity)" to the title, so people know which game it concerns :)

OK, I won't tell you.

Hopefully, everyone knows Alex => Unity.

It's 30 minutes long! Hopefully something new.

SlyTrooper
09-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Listening now.

Sushiglutton
09-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Hmmm I allready knew the answer to most of those questions, but it was still pretty good.

Thing I'm most interested in is if they really have been able to fill the open-world with story and personality the way Alex describes it. I think this is an area in which AC has been behind R* (RDR+GTA V primarily). Very exciting if it turns out well!

It was also a bit funny the way Alex emphasized that weapon stats have been purely aesthetic in previous games...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Holy crap...have we seen that outfit before?

It's by no means my favorite -- I personally like the default outfit but will (hopefully) be rocking it in white/red... but that eagle buckle screams Ezio-esque to me haha

Anyway, I'll start listening...now!

HDinHB
09-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I know the weapon had stats--so they were just fooling with us? It felt like at least pistol range made a difference in AC4.

Not much new. A little about the cafes, and that it really doesn't matter if you play Unity first or Rogue. I liked his explanation of the new version of the white room being due to Arno's "rawness," so if it sucks, they can go back to the old way. Not super excited about the Animus hack for morphing, but if we can morph into Elise...

They keep asking about British accents, but he still hasn't come up with a better answer. :rolleyes:

jd55513
09-03-2014, 09:15 PM
@20:00 my question about the Brotherhood training room was answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The brotherhood training rooms will not be returning but the villa system will be similar to it Alex said" The villas will have some sort of things similar to that kind of stuff"

SlyTrooper
09-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Hah. He said that Unity answers a mystery in Rogue as well. Either order you play them you are going to get spoilt. Well, I'm playing Rogue first then.

Helforsite
09-03-2014, 09:27 PM
They keep asking about British accents, but he still hasn't come up with a better answer. :rolleyes:

He actually answered that by explaining that the Animus translates things! What most of you want back are the glitches/bugs in the Animus software which the accents/words in other languages were as Rebecca told us in AC2.
Conclusion:
Glitches/Bugs=Accents/ForeignWords
You+Accents/ForeignWords=Love =>You+Glitches/Bugs=Love
#flawlesslogicisloveflawlesslogicislife!

SHADOWGARVIN
09-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Wow, that outfit looks amazing!!

straty88
09-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I know the weapon had stats--so they were just fooling with us? It felt like at least pistol range made a difference in AC4.

Yeah he's somewhat lying. For at least AC3 and AC4. As different swords and Tomahawks (could be other weapons but these are the easiest to see it with) require a certain amount of enemy hits before they initiate a kill animation. So Connors Assassin tomahawk requires 3 but his stone tomahawk requires 5. The stats are just deeper now I guess.

LoyalACFan
09-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah he's somewhat lying. For at least AC3 and AC4. As different swords and Tomahawks (could be other weapons but these are the easiest to see it with) require a certain amount of enemy hits before they initiate a kill animation. So Connors Assassin tomahawk requires 3 but his stone tomahawk requires 5. The stats are just deeper now I guess.

Every weapon had the same counter and killstreak abilities though, so I figure that's what he's talking about (because let's be honest, that's what you use for like 99% of your kills).

straty88
09-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Every weapon had the same counter and killstreak abilities though, so I figure that's what he's talking about (because let's be honest, that's what you use for like 99% of your kills).

Very true. :)

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 02:44 AM
I like Amancio... hope he's brought on another AC game after Unity. There's quite a few awesome people who work on this franchise.

Edit:about 9:30 in... we might possibly play as a different character in the beginning of Unity. Amancio said that we play Arno when he's 21 and an assassin... So we could possibly play as his father before he is killed and then switch over to arno after that has happened... that or the beginning of the game is mostly cutscenes.

Edit 2: about 21:00 called it... getting all the skills= becoming a master assassin. Confirmed to be the purpose by Amancio himself.\

Edit 3: about 24:00 in Cafe's do more than simply generate money

rickprog
09-04-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm placing my bets on playing as Arno's dad. I thought about cutscenes too, but there's quite a lot of story before Arno becomes 21 and that would make a very long cutscene sequence. My question is, then, why did we get that image of child Arno running behind child Elise?

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 04:53 AM
I'm placing my bets on playing as Arno's dad. I thought about cutscenes too, but there's quite a lot of story before Arno becomes 21 and that would make a very long cutscene sequence. My question is, then, why did we get that image of child Arno running behind child Elise?
Indeed..... unless it's a flashback sequence....

rickprog
09-04-2014, 04:55 AM
That does make sense. I think playing as Arno's dad is supported by the other hint Alex gave before on this same interview, that there are some surprises regarding the playable character. Or perhaps we play as Elise at some point? :cool:

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 04:58 AM
That does make sense. I think playing as Arno's dad is supported by the other hint Alex gave before on this same interview, that there are some surprises regarding the playable character. Or perhaps we play as Elise at some point? :cool:
They said that the ending of rogue and the beginning of Unity tie in together... Perhaps.Arno's father is introduced at some point. Since the game ends not long before Unity begins....

kosmoscreed
09-04-2014, 05:03 AM
That was a good podcast, glad that Amancio is not overselling the game like he did with AC:R.

JustPlainQuirky
09-04-2014, 05:23 AM
Ah shoot dont actually have time to listen to it yet.

ill listen tomorrow DX

LoyalACFan
09-04-2014, 06:05 AM
That was a good podcast, glad that Amancio is not overselling the game like he did with AC:R.

To be fair, Revelations was in desperate need of a sales pitch. People were ready to move on from Ezio.

Anyway, regarding the playable character comments, I really doubt we'll play as his dad. Haytham's sequences served to set him up as a major character in the Connor arc, whereas Arno's dad bites it before the Revolution even starts. If anything, I think the "surprise" could be a playable Elise segment, or possibly even playable retro Assassins in unlockable missions...

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:09 AM
To be fair, Revelations was in desperate need of a sales pitch. People were ready to move on from Ezio.

Anyway, regarding the playable character comments, I really doubt we'll play as his dad. Haytham's sequences served to set him up as a major character in the Connor arc, whereas Arno's dad bites it before the Revolution even starts. If anything, I think the "surprise" could be a playable Elise segment, or possibly even playable retro Assassins in unlockable missions...
In The Walking Dead: Survival instincts... you play as the main characters dad for 5 mins... before taking over the main character.... so it's not unheard of... also the retro assassin unlockable missions are hardly a surprise :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
09-04-2014, 06:17 AM
In The Walking Dead: Survival instincts... you play as the main characters dad for 5 mins... before taking over the main character.... so it's not unheard of...

Buuuut TWD:SI was a pile of hot turd. And it was a first person shooter so it's not like they had to do extensive animation work on a throwaway character (which they would need to do on Arno's dad if they didn't want him to feel like an Arno clone.

also the retro assassin unlockable missions are hardly a surprise :rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure that's what they were, but... we shan't speak of such things ;)

HiddenKiller612
09-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Buuuut TWD:SI was a pile of hot turd. And it was a first person shooter so it's not like they had to do extensive animation work on a throwaway character (which they would need to do on Arno's dad if they didn't want him to feel like an Arno clone.

I'm not entirely sure that's what they were, but... we shan't speak of such things ;)
Lol it was indeed not as good as it could have been, but some ideas were cool.. just not very well executed... If that's the case we're back to either the beginning being cutscene filled, or the part of Arno being a kid is a flashback sequence.

Indeed we shan't :nonchalance:

HypeR.tgL
09-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Yea im thinking it's most likely a child sequence imo

We might see our future targets as a kid. That could be interesting.

souNdwAve89
09-04-2014, 08:21 AM

Reminds me of AC3, when we switched to Connor, and him getting assaulted by Charles Lee and the Templars.

And yeah, this podcast was good. The Game Informer employees picked some good questions. I love how they used the new Eagle Vision to tie into the story, which is Arno's Eagle Vision or Eagle Pulse is untamed and sporadic due to lack of formal training.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Please no. I hated playing as a kid in ACIII. Glad he said they tried to minimize the amount of time until you get to explore and really get into the meat of the story. After an hour we will (hopefully) be an Assassin in training! I really hope that they don't skip over years like ACII.

I love eagle vision being a skill rather than a "gift" per se, how you have to learn how to use it, really cool.