PDA

View Full Version : New Eurogamer Interview/Preview (High Ground Feature, Stealth, Fight System)

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaag4asV5bE

Some little pieces of new information here.

I am glad the High Ground feature that we saw in the first demo was a work in progress and that its changed. It's triggered by you from a button press, is not automatic. The icons shown are not everything, it shows you stuff like hidespots, alarm bells, stuff that will directly affect how to complete your mission. Its for strategy purposes.

rob.davies2014
09-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Oh thank God! So happy about the new High Ground Feature info! :D

Shahkulu101
09-03-2014, 02:45 PM
High ground feature now triggered by button press?

http://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Oh thank God! So happy about the new High Ground Feature info! :D

I think everyone will be! Interesting that Alex said all the icons will be strategic though, I kinda liked that it showed Side missions in the vicinity, it means I wouldn't have to open my map.

Oh well, win some/lose some

JustPlainQuirky
09-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Interviewer and Amancio were amazing.

And dedicated button is awesome.

I love you Amancio.

You listen.

@u@

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 02:49 PM
I wonder if the High Ground button will be linked to Eagle Vision button, or maybe thats what R3 or L3 does.

straty88
09-03-2014, 02:54 PM
YAYAYAY! Thank god for that. Also something of note "no guards on rooftops, unless the mission needs guard on rooftops" @3:05

Thanks for sharing! :)

EDit: I doubt it'll be on R3, as that's center camera. Probably L3 if I had to guess.

rob.davies2014
09-03-2014, 02:57 PM
I think everyone will be! Interesting that Alex said all the icons will be strategic though, I kinda liked that it showed Side missions in the vicinity, it means I wouldn't have to open my map.

Oh well, win some/lose some

That would have been useful but probably would have been too cluttered. I think it's quite cool how it shows you things relevant to achieving your current goals.

Now all they need to do is re-record the dialogue with French accents and this is the best game ever! :o

JustPlainQuirky
09-03-2014, 03:04 PM
High ground feature now triggered by button press?

http://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M

Save that video for when the blue circle is removed, the modern day is revealed to not be in interface form (actually lets you leave the animus), 100%ing doesnt require using outside media/internet, and connor cameo confirmed.

Shahkulu101
09-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Save that video for when the blue circle is removed, the modern day is revealed to not be in interface form (actually lets you leave the animus), 100%ing doesnt require using outside media/internet, and connor cameo confirmed.

Actually if the modern day is in interface form and completely optional then I may just have to post that video again.

JustPlainQuirky
09-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm sure to a lot of people, having modern day optional would be great news for them....

#surewhynotmakemoderndayevenmoreirrelevant #notreallyplsnoubi

Sushiglutton
09-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Nerd rage succeeded :cool:!

Automatic high ground was just too seamless. You must never go full seamless!

JustPlainQuirky
09-03-2014, 04:43 PM
You must never go full seamless!

Words to live by.

SlyTrooper
09-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Nice interview. However, I don't understand what he means when he say it looks like a step backwards. Going back to basics doesn't mean taking a step backwards, it means working forward from what they began with.

Shahkulu101
09-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Nice interview. However, I don't understand what he means when he say it looks like a step backwards. Going back to basics doesn't mean taking a step backwards, it means working forward from what they began with.

People who were tired of AC's stagnant formula thought pirates and naval reinvigorated the franchise. They are scared it will be more of the same.

Kakuzu745
09-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Actually if the modern day is in interface form and completely optional then I may just have to post that video again.

If the modern day is completely optional not even that video will do justice...we would need something like Project X or something.

High ground feature is quite good news...one less thing to worry about :)

m4r-k7
09-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Can't wait to see some of those spectacular parkour moves he was talking about when you see architectural cues!

High ground news is great!

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 06:15 PM

Ian was tired of the formula, its his opinion. The franchise got stale for him by AC3, and lets be honest, it didn't live up to what it was meant to be. He was stating that Naval combat gave it a refresh and that taking Naval away could be a bad thing and make it stale again.

Xstantin
09-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Happy about the dedicated button. Less clutter

Megas_Doux
09-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Happy about the dedicated button. Less clutter

Indeed..

rickprog
09-04-2014, 02:28 AM
I guess Rogue is the right game for the Eurogamer guy. If he really can't spot how the game will be much better and innovating than previous iterations, he has either got some issues or isn't as obsessed about the franchise as we on the forum are (I'm going for the latter, though lol).

HypeR.tgL
09-04-2014, 02:29 AM
You must never go full seamless!

I think that's enough forums for me today.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Very happy about the high ground feature being fixed! Now all they need to do is to remove the ugly blue blending circle.

Watching the demo footage again, I noticed at 6:20 that Arno takes out one guard by choking him, then a few seconds later kills the other guard with the hidden blade. Earlier people were wondering if switching to unarmed manually was no longer possible as the option didn't appear in the puppeteer options in other demos, but in this instance it would seem that both unarmed takedowns and hidden blade stealth kills are still possible.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Very happy about the high ground feature being fixed! Now all they need to do is to remove the ugly blue blending circle.

Watching the demo footage again, I noticed at 6:20 that Arno takes out one guard by choking him, then a few seconds later kills the other guard with the hidden blade. Earlier people were wondering if switching to unarmed manually was no longer possible as the option didn't appear in the puppeteer options in other demos, but in this instance it would seem that both unarmed takedowns and hidden blade stealth kills are still possible.

Yep, when in a certain proximity of an enemy you can either assassinate (X) or knock out (B). On that note, I hope that they got rid of how after you knock out an enemy they would start moving on the ground..JUST HAVE THEM LAY THERE UNCONCOIUS.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Yep, when in a certain proximity of an enemy you can either assassinate (X) or knock out (B). On that note, I hope that they got rid of how after you knock out an enemy they would start moving on the ground..JUST HAVE THEM LAY THERE UNCONCOIUS.

According to the demos, it's still there. =(

But on the bright side, nothing can beat AC:IV's zombies.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 10:26 AM
According to the demos, it's still there. =(

But on the bright side, nothing can beat AC:IV's zombies.

Blast! :( It's so stupid!
I haven't played BlackFlasg so...what's zombies about??

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Blast! :( It's so stupid!
I haven't played BlackFlasg so...what's zombies about??

In AC:IV, guards you just killed can be revived if you, or the enemies and explosions, bump/move their corpse before it hits the ground. It doesn't happen a lot, sometimes never, but it's really stupid when it does.

GunnerGalactico
09-04-2014, 10:51 AM

I also think that the blending circle looks untidy. I hope they fix that.

m4r-k7
09-04-2014, 04:09 PM

I know right its so stupid, I have no idea how the team can put in a choking animation and then leave guards moving on the ground saying "ow"
If you knock someone out, they should just lay there. It looks so stupid its unbelievable.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 04:20 PM
I know right its so stupid, I have no idea how the team can put in a choking animation and then leave guards moving on the ground saying "ow"
If you knock someone out, they should just lay there. It looks so stupid its unbelievable.

I think it's to mark the difference between unconscious and dead. If they weren't writhing, you wouldn't know they're still alive. Some full sync missions have the optional objective "don't kill anyone", but you can complete it by knocking people unconscious. It looks stupid, I know, but I don't see a better way to show the difference.

m4r-k7
09-04-2014, 04:26 PM
I think it's to mark the difference between unconscious and dead. If they weren't writhing, you wouldn't know they're still alive. Some full sync missions have the optional objective "don't kill anyone", but you can complete it by knocking people unconscious. It looks stupid, I know, but I don't see a better way to show the difference.

They could put an icon on top of the dead body, or on the map a green circle for example. Or they could be highlighted a certain colour. Whilst that may ruin immersion, its better than having them move around on the ground when they are supposed to be knocked out.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:08 PM
They could put an icon on top of the dead body, or on the map a green circle for example. Or they could be highlighted a certain colour. Whilst that may ruin immersion, its better than having them move around on the ground when they are supposed to be knocked out.

I think that would be much more distracting. If anything, they could make the writhing a bit more subtle or maybe just make them groan a bit, but it's such a small thing it shouldn't be a high priority. It doesn't bother me personally.

m4r-k7
09-04-2014, 08:28 PM
I think that would be much more distracting. If anything, they could make the writhing a bit more subtle or maybe just make them groan a bit, but it's such a small thing it shouldn't be a high priority. It doesn't bother me personally.

It doesnt really bother me as I very rarely knock someone out - its much more fun hidden blading them! xD

I just think its one of those things that is stupid. All they have to do is make the knocked out enemy have a sleeping icon on them (kind of like the enemies who have been shot with a dart in ac 4)

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Normally I would knock people out. But with the enemies rolling on the floor & the awesome new hidden-blade animations, I think I'll just kill them. Of course, if they fix the rolling on the floor, I won't kill unless I need to.

GoldenBoy9999
09-04-2014, 10:35 PM
After playing so much AC I'm used to people writhing on the ground. On some games if you knock someone unconscious they look just the same as if they were dead which if I hadn't played AC before I wouldn't even notice it.

rob.davies2014
09-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Maybe they should have it so that we activate Eagle Vision and see who's still alive.