PDA

View Full Version : Building Your Assassin

Wolfmeister1010
09-02-2014, 02:33 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/02/assassins-creed-unity-building-your-assassin-pax-prime

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Cool. Legacy outfits + Legacy outfits with a french twist.

#stillnothyped #willbuyregardless

Wolfmeister1010
09-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Cool. Legacy outfits + Legacy outfits with a french twist.

#stillnothyped #willbuyregardless

Youre not hyped for unity?

Yet you are for Rogue?..the game that is literally the same game as AC4 right down to the character icon which shows Edward?

Simply because of Haytham?

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 02:49 AM
Simply for the narrative.

I-Like-Pie45
09-02-2014, 02:50 AM
Mhm

Ureh
09-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Nice, thanks for posting, Wolfemeister1010.

Wish I could see what the Legacy outfits look like... I would probably go with Altair's if I had to choose one blindly.

Fatal-Feit
09-02-2014, 02:55 AM
I-Like-Pie45, I demand pics of your paws.

------------

I'm super excited for Unity's CO-OP. It seems to pack just as much content and meta-gameplay as consecutive MP.

Nice, thanks for posting, Wolfemeister1010.

Wish I could see what the Legacy outfits look like... I would probably go with Altair's if I had to choose one blindly.

From what I've seen, they all look great on Arno. Especially Edward's.

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 02:56 AM
I don't really care for legacy outfits, but variety is always nice

Wolfmeister1010
09-02-2014, 02:56 AM
I am interested to see Connor's outfit in "french" form. Best outfit of the series made more immersive to the time period is AWESOME

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 03:08 AM
Youre not hyped for unity?

Yet you are for Rogue?..the game that is literally the same game as AC4 right down to the character icon which shows Edward?

Simply because of Haytham?

You're hyped for Unity...the game that will require you to pay out tons of more money to access content already on the disc? The game that doesn't allow you parts of the full game without using initiates and being online, as well as side missions that require money to access?

I don't know about you...but I'd rather have Rogue where we can access 99% of the game without using tons of side media and $60 on top of the $60 we already paid for the game. If these rumors are true and will continue to be a thing in this franchise, I may opt out of the franchise for good(some of these rumors I already know are true).

GoldenBoy9999
09-02-2014, 03:09 AM
I hardly ever use legacy outfits because they look so out of place but like Wolfmeister said, Connor's outfit was my favorite and if it fits the time period I might use it some.

Fatal-Feit
09-02-2014, 03:12 AM
I hardly ever use legacy outfits because they look so out of place but like Wolfmeister said, Connor's outfit was my favorite and if it fits the time period I might use it some.

Personally, I think Altair's and Connor's robe worked well with AC:IV.

GoldenBoy9999
09-02-2014, 03:40 AM
Personally, I think Altair's and Connor's robe worked well with AC:IV.

Yeah, I have used Connor's robes more than any other legacy outfit and I plan to return to them after I beat the main quest line. I've never tried Altair's because I'm not the biggest fan of his outfit.

Namikaze_17
09-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Simply for the narrative.

Which may Suck...:rolleyes:

pacmanate
09-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Both Narratives could suck so you cant say you are hyped for Rogue cause of Narrative as we don't know it...

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 04:47 AM
You're hyped for Unity...the game that will require you to pay out tons of more money to access content already on the disc? The game that doesn't allow you parts of the full game without using initiates and being online, as well as side missions that require money to access?

I don't know about you...but I'd rather have Rogue where we can access 99% of the game without using tons of side media and $60 on top of the $60 we already paid for the game. If these rumors are true and will continue to be a thing in this franchise, I may opt out of the franchise for good(some of these rumors I already know are true).

What the hell are you talking about? There's going to be microtransactions to unlock things you can unlock naturally via gameplay (which have been there since 2011) and the usual preorder junk, which Rogue has as well. And Initiates is free to anyone who owns an Assassin's Creed product...

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 04:50 AM
What the hell are you talking about? There's going to be microtransactions to unlock things you can unlock naturally via gameplay (which have been there since 2011) and the usual preorder junk, which Rogue has as well. And Initiates is free to anyone who owns an Assassin's Creed product...

It's not free to the people who don't have access to the internet all the time.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 05:01 AM
It's not free to the people who don't have access to the internet all the time.

And modern gaming is almost entirely reliant on internet connectivity, so the point is moot. Is Titanfall evil because it's focused on online play? Most people who can afford to blow $500 on a gaming console can access the Internet at least some of the time, be it at a friend's house, library, or whatever.

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 05:09 AM
And modern gaming is almost entirely reliant on internet connectivity, so the point is moot. Is Titanfall evil because it's focused on online play? Most people who can afford to blow $500 on a gaming console can access the Internet at least some of the time, be it at a friend's house, library, or whatever.

It's wrong for a company to advertise a game as being mostly an offline experience when in the end it turns out to be completely the opposite of that. Titanfall was advertised as an online-centered gaming experience. AC doesn't come out and say "This game is entirely focused on online play." and I hope it never reaches that point, whether with Unity or future Assassins Creed titles. In fact, I hope gaming never reaches that point in general where you have to be online at all times to basically play the game. The backlash Microsoft got when they were going to make the Xbox One always-online should be a prime example of why it is not a good idea.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 05:14 AM
It's wrong for a company to advertise a game as being mostly an offline experience when in the end it turns out to be completely the opposite of that. Titanfall was advertised as an online-centered gaming experience. AC doesn't come out and say "This game is entirely focused on online play." and I hope it never reaches that point, whether with Unity or future Assassins Creed titles. In fact, I hope gaming never reaches that point in general where you have to be online at all times to basically play the game. The backlash Microsoft got when they were going to make the Xbox One always-online should be a prime example of why it is not a good idea.

Okay, first of all, this has nothing to do with the always-online thing, that's a whole different ballgame. We're talking about content that requires you to log onto the Internet ONCE to access. Not making the game unplayable without an Internet connection.

But anyway, Assassin's Creed IS a "mostly" offline experience. 99% of the game can be completed offline. Are a few treasure chests really worth getting up at arms about? It's essentially the same thing as social events; yeah, they were stupid, but it wasn't some grand scheme to milk a little extra money out of the players. If you really plan to play entirely offline, you're missing more by skipping out on co-op than you'd ever miss by passing over a few stupid treasure chests.

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 05:35 AM
Okay, first of all, this has nothing to do with the always-online thing, that's a whole different ballgame. We're talking about content that requires you to log onto the Internet ONCE to access. Not making the game unplayable without an Internet connection.

But anyway, Assassin's Creed IS a "mostly" offline experience. 99% of the game can be completed offline. Are a few treasure chests really worth getting up at arms about? It's essentially the same thing as social events; yeah, they were stupid, but it wasn't some grand scheme to milk a little extra money out of the players. If you really plan to play entirely offline, you're missing more by skipping out on co-op than you'd ever miss by passing over a few stupid treasure chests.

Co-op isn't that big of a deal to me as long as I still have the customization options and missions available in the single player as well(which it SEEMS like I will, but who knows?). I have no problem logging into the internet once to download a bit of DLC or whatever. What I'm just concerned about is that a lot of the main single-player content may require an internet connection to be able to access after that one-time connection.

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 05:40 AM
Something like that was one of the complaints for ACII on PC unless I'm mistaken

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks for posting.

GoldenBoy9999
09-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Co-op isn't that big of a deal to me as long as I still have the customization options and missions available in the single player as well(which it SEEMS like I will, but who knows?). I have no problem logging into the internet once to download a bit of DLC or whatever. What I'm just concerned about is that a lot of the main single-player content may require an internet connection to be able to access after that one-time connection.

I thought they said you could play the game without internet. And anyway, practically everyone has internet these days. Even if you live in a rural area. I don't see what the big deal is.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 02:18 PM
I thought they said you could play the game without internet. And anyway, practically everyone has internet these days. Even if you live in a rural area. I don't see what the big deal is.

lol. There are a lot of people without internet.

CoachAssassin
09-02-2014, 02:39 PM
If you can afford a PS4 with AC Unity you can afford internet to complete a game that is practically focused on using internet to play with friends to complete stuff 100%. I also won't look up if I need co-op buddies to 100% the game.

straty88
09-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Something like that was one of the complaints for ACII on PC unless I'm mistaken

Slightly different as that was DRM. If I remember correctly anyway.

Wolfmeister1010
09-02-2014, 03:14 PM

I'm hyped for unity..because of the features and it seems like a good game. Don't drag me into your anti-uplay angry PC gamer nazi revolution.

I-Like-Pie45
09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
WM? Someone of your heritage... and you just seriously used the Nazi comparison?

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 03:33 PM
If you can afford a PS4 with AC Unity you can afford internet to complete a game that is practically focused on using internet to play with friends to complete stuff 100%. I also won't look up if I need co-op buddies to 100% the game.

Are you serious? It's not about being able to afford internet. It has to be available. Not everyone has acces to stable internet.
I'm not buying unity because i want to play co-op. I'm not interested in playing co-op. I'm going to play the whole game solo. I don't even have ps+ and i'm not planning on getting it. Not because i can't afford it, but because i never play games online. You're saying i shouldn't have pre-ordered unity because it has co-op?

Locopells
09-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Topic, guys...

CoachAssassin
09-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Are you serious? It's not about being able to afford internet. It has to be available. Not everyone has acces to stable internet.
I'm not buying unity because i want to play co-op. I'm not interested in playing co-op. I'm going to play the whole game solo. I don't even have ps+ and i'm not planning on getting it. Not because i can't afford it, but because i never play games online. You're saying i shouldn't have pre-ordered unity because it has co-op?

You shouldn't complain about not being able to complete a game 100% if that game is highly featured for using co-op and online content. This information was available beforehand and you have the choice yourself. Almost everything storywise is still playable solo, it's minor collectibles and stuff that's going to be always online.

And yeah, I honestly don't care if it's always online or not. It's the future and like always there is the choice to embrace it or not fully join in on all of it. Easy enough right?

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 03:47 PM
You shouldn't complain about not being able to complete a game 100% if that game is highly featured for using co-op and online content. This information was available beforehand and you have the choice yourself. Almost everything storywise is still playable solo, it's minor collectibles and stuff that's going to be always online.

And yeah, I honestly don't care if it's always online or not. It's the future and like always there is the choice to embrace it or not fully join in on all of it. Easy enough right?

Who is complaining? What are you talking about? Did you even read my post?

Back on topic: I can't wait to customise my assassin!!

CoachAssassin
09-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Who is complaining? What are you talking about? Did you even read my post?

Back on topic: I can't wait to customise my assassin!!

You're making a rather negative comment towards me saying that it seems logical for Ubisoft to assume that the mass of it's people is going to be able to afford internet, and therefor will make use of it if they want to 100%. If you didn't mean that negative, my bad. My point still stands though. A game that highly features co-op etc. would most likely need online features for 100%.

On topic:

I really enjoy the fact that with Co-Op, you can customize stuff to work together in a more efficient way.

Hans684
09-02-2014, 03:53 PM
The guys in the video is wrong about one thing, we don't need to imagine the outfits. It leaked some time ago.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 03:53 PM
You're making a rather negative comment towards me saying that it seems logical for Ubisoft to assume that the mass of it's people is going to be able to afford internet, and therefor will make use of it if they want to 100%. If you didn't mean that negative, my bad. My point still stands though. A game that highly features co-op etc. would most likely need online features for 100%.

lol! Where are you getting this stuff from? Not from my posts that's for sure. You're either really delusional, or a troll.

CoachAssassin
09-02-2014, 03:55 PM
lol! Where are you getting this stuff from? Not from my posts that's for sure. You're really delusional!

Whatever, idiot. Maybe you should learn2english then, because you are clearly using words you presumably don't even understand yourself. Get the f out, troll.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Whatever, idiot. Maybe you should learn2english then, because you are clearly using words you presumably don't even understand yourself. Get the f out, troll.

learn2english? Are you sure you're not the one that needs to learn2english? You're obviously some delusional little kid in need of attention. I'm done talking to you. Grow up!

SlyTrooper
09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Everyone keep it cool.

Locopells
09-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Indeed. Drop it, both of you.

Ureh
09-02-2014, 06:57 PM
The guys in the video is wrong about one thing, we don't need to imagine the outfits. It leaked some time ago.

I didn't look at any of the recent leaks so all I can do is imagine! :p

Mr_Shade
09-02-2014, 06:59 PM
And a reminder - if one is needed, please do not discuss leaks..

Thanks ;)

Hans684
09-02-2014, 07:22 PM
And a reminder - if one is needed, please do not discuss leaks..

Thanks ;)

Isn't it a official thing now? The video from the OP is just as much about the leak but we are advised to imagine it by the vid that showed something that leaked days before and is part of the closed doors demos/trailers they discuss with no video about it. Just their word for it.

This thread basically is about it, it's(the outfits) about building your Assassin.

m4r-k7
09-02-2014, 07:23 PM
I think what they are saying is that there are legacy outfits and then French outfits that are inspired by the previous assassins.
I dont think there are legacy outfits and then French legacy outfits - to me it sounded like there are outfits that take inspiration from the previous assassins which are different to the legacy outfits (which are already confirmed)

Sounds super cool though! Altair and Ezio French inspired outfits would be super cool!