PDA

View Full Version : My biggest Problem with Unity so far....RANT!

Landruner
09-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Okay no trolling, but a serious fear about what apparently Unity is going to turn on(?) post release-
Note that is not a trolling thread at all and please do not thing that is from a hater, because i am not one AC or Ubisoft detractor, I just happened to get a phone call from one of my source that tips me on game(s) AC and others.....

I do not want to start speculation that is not true, but according to what I heard today that game is apparently going to turn on all about the Co-op and the customization in single player mod and some of the SP features are going to be locked by online pay fees.

Even if so far they mentioned only 11 Co-op missions, apparently my sources were already saying that Ubisoft planned more co-ops DLCs for the Single player mod, (Anyone could figure that out and no one did need to be rocket scientist to know that) but here comes the dark side of Unity, apparently they will be some restrictions to access some contents in single player MOD - if your are not online and connected via both servers (your gaming on line provider and Ubisoft servers via pay wall fees).

Effectively some of the SP mod contents will come will a pay fee that you will have to pay to have access them.
In short , the game is set as a free to play game, and you will have to pay additional fees to open or have access to some features, items or having right to play those feature or side missions.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the game will come with a season pass that gives you access to some of those features, but not all

Consequently, it seems that offline gaming mod even on console are prohibited, or it will be limited - I do not know if it will be really the case or not and certainly someone on this forum is going to say that it is just rumors, but if it is true (and by my source that tipped me on that, I do not know why it should not be accurate?), well, if it really the case it does seriously suck.

My point is that I just personally just wanted an AC game with a historical setting, and not a fair of extra accessible contents that are hidden behind some pay roll or hidden fees, or still obsolete AC4BF social and challenges events for enjoying the full experience of a game I bought and payed for.

Even for free we saw what your AC4BF unlock-able online content turned? You prevented to have access to some content we payed for by your cupidity and your black market business deal with third parties such as (McFarlane that I know and respect, but I still had to buy the figure, Dr Pepper that i don;t care and don't drink and even Wilkinson razor.... ? WTF) - that was a disaster, so what if we have to pay for it?.You cut the support of AC4BF not even 3 months after its release. (last patch in date Feb 2014)

Now, apparently we will have to pay for unlocking contents that are already on the disk that we bought? We will have to be connected via our gaming servers + yours, and we will have restriction in our single player mod if we want to have access to some side missions or we will have to pay extra money for item we need to complete the game.
What is wrong with you Ubi? Seriously,? Honestly? And what your game emphasis about fighting between Templar that want to rule the world for power blinded by their greed? Where is the line there to play at fighting Templar in thinking that the games we play are made by a company that is acting like they controlled by the? Are we fighting against you Ubisoft aka (Astergo) ?

And what about the paradox about making a game regarding the French revolution that tried to fight the infamy, freedom and the greed of the kings? fighting for the freedom and human rights that you guys want to restrict us by pay wall?

What you guys at Ubi don't you just give us just for once a game, you know just a simple game with a normal SP experience, with no hidden BS hidden behind the wall - In short just an Assassin' s creed game like it should be.
As your fellows for so many years, don't we deserve a game untouched of the path of your greed into it?
What about your supporters that apparently you take in hostage of their own passion for your product ?

Like I said above I do not know if it is case or not and I prefer believing that my source got the wrong info, but if it is true, that is the end of it for me.

I honestly that is not not the case.

pacmanate
09-02-2014, 02:01 AM
So being online to get content... kinda like the social chests/blue whale/convoy things?

However, lord knows if this is true. We have to be online and go to certain places to unlock chests now, maybe this is what the guy meant.

Conniving_Eagle
09-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Problematic indeed, almost as much as the lack of Haytham and French accents. I don't have a problem paying for additional content. A lot of times the "DLC" we buy was made before the game released. But if what you say is true, Ubisoft is following in the foot steps of EA. Not a good sign. I think there have already been rumors about the nature of microtransactions in the game. But I don't think it will be to a ridiculous extent.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 02:10 AM
So being online to get content... kinda like the social chests/blue whale/convoy things?

However, lord knows if this is true. We have to be online and go to certain places to unlock chests now, maybe this is what the guy meant.

I do not think it is exactly that, they will be some like AC4BF, but also they will some side missions that are going to be lock unless you pay extra content - Some will be included in the season pass that comes with the game, and some are not going to be and you will have to pay some extra if you want to play them. If it is the case that sucks! I do not think the "guy" that tip(s) me is full of it..."he" did a great job so far....Now, I just hope it is not true, trust me I hope it is not.....

Edit: Like I said I do not want to start the fire there, but if the franchise goes this way for Unity and the next ones, that really sucks

Problematic indeed, almost as much as the lack of Haytham and French accents. I don't have a problem paying for additional content. A lot of times the "DLC" we buy was made before the game released. But if what you say is true, Ubisoft is following in the foot steps of EA. Not a good sign. I think there have already been rumors about the nature of microtransactions in the game. But I don't think it will be to a ridiculous extent.

Well me too as long as it did not touch the SP mod but just the Co-op mod, I was okay , now if we have to be always online and additionally pay extra content for playing side missions that tease your eyes while playing the rest- I just give up!

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 03:04 AM

You'll be locked out of side missions unless you pay money to access them. If what this guy is saying is true and we basically have to be online all the time(I for one don't have access to internet at all times), then I may actually be done with this franchise. I've already pre-ordered Unity, but this will definitely give me second thoughts.

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Could you get Champion packs without paying in MP?

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Could you get Champion packs without paying in MP?

No. But you could at least access all of the side content in SP without paying extra(aside from the ship missions in BF without being online). This is just going overboard with features that HURT the player's experience with the game. Not in any way help it. Why would paying extra for a side mission that's mostly already in the game be beneficial to the player at all?

naumaan
09-02-2014, 03:25 AM
from where i heard the news .. it will be microtransactions like the erudito credits in multiplayer section .. you can unlock stuff by playing the game ... getting stat points ... and you can also unlock them by paying real money .. its all upto you ... and yes in multiplayer there were some things no reachable because of microtransactions but still its fun to play ... and i guess it will be the same in unity co op ... i really hope what you hear is not true :)

GoldenBoy9999
09-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Here are my thoughts on this. First of all, I don't think AC is or ever will be a free to play game unless we're talking mobile. Now about the internet stuff. If anyone should be angered by this it should be me. I live in a rural area and internet only became available to me about 2 years ago. Whenever a storm arises as it often does the internet ALWAYS goes out. I also have a 15 GB data limit so when we run out I can't connect to the internet on my console. If I want to play AC4 at that time I'm unable to access naval convoys, community challenges, or multiplayer. I am not bothered by this. In most situations I'm in whether it be in a multiplayer match, on forums, or elsewhere I generally assume I have the worst internet because it lags on games severely.

With all of the reasons above you'd think I'd be very angry about this. However, I don't need community challenges to enjoy my game. AC is traditionally a single player game so I don't think it will ever become always online. On top of that, millions of people out there have better internet than me that never have problems and will always be able to access high speed internet. If I have no problems with it, it seems like the millions of people above me wouldn't either.

pacmanate
09-02-2014, 03:29 AM
You'll be locked out of side missions unless you pay money to access them. If what this guy is saying is true and we basically have to be online all the time(I for one don't have access to internet at all times), then I may actually be done with this franchise. I've already pre-ordered Unity, but this will definitely give me second thoughts.

god I hope not. I will be so done with this otherwise.

GoldenBoy9999
09-02-2014, 03:37 AM
from where i heard the news .. it will be microtransactions like the erudito credits in multiplayer section .. you can unlock stuff by playing the game ... getting stat points ... and you can also unlock them by paying real money .. its all upto you ... and yes in multiplayer there were some things no reachable because of microtransactions but still its fun to play ... and i guess it will be the same in unity co op ... i really hope what you hear is not true :)

First of all, you can get champion packs with 30000 Abstergo credits and no real money. What things in multiplayer could you not get without microtransactions? Erudito credits just allow you to get cosmetic customization options lazily. I can only think of one thing you have to buy with real money and that's the Abstergo subscription service thing which is again just a faster, lazy way to level up.

I have only spent money on the season pass and game which is not bad. I also bought some figures but those aren't in game. You're buying a figure with a bonus ULC which is a little different.

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 03:39 AM
god I hope not. I will be so done with this otherwise.

All of these different rumors/leaks that have come out have actually gotten me more excited for Rogue at this point.

naumaan
09-02-2014, 03:54 AM
First of all, you can get champion packs with 30000 Abstergo credits and no real money. What things in multiplayer could you not get without microtransactions? Erudito credits just allow you to get cosmetic customization options lazily. I can only think of one thing you have to buy with real money and that's the Abstergo subscription service thing which is again just a faster, lazy way to level up.

I have only spent money on the season pass and game which is not bad. I also bought some figures but those aren't in game. You're buying a figure with a bonus ULC which is a little different.

its the item packs and champion packs ... which are not available with abstergo credits ... still its nothing bad .. mp was still fun . i also preordered game with a season pass .. lets just hope unity is worthy of it ..

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 03:54 AM
@Golden, thanks for clarifying that about multiplayer. I've never paid attention to it. If it's something similar I'm not worried much then.Guess players will have to grind a bit more (but I ignored Black Flag resources packs/map reveals anyway)

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Can we all just take a step back, please?

There is no f*cking way this is true. Full mission strands on-disc that make you pay real-world money to access them? Lol no... The backlash would be unbelievable. Ubisoft may be greedy, but they aren't stupid. They would become even more hated than EA overnight.

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 04:58 AM
Yeah I don't think they'd pull that, as Loyal says.

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 05:02 AM
Can we all just take a step back, please?

There is no f*cking way this is true. Full mission strands on-disc that make you pay real-world money to access them? Lol no... The backlash would be unbelievable. Ubisoft may be greedy, but they aren't stupid. They would become even more hated than EA overnight.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. If it is true, may they be prayed for with the backlash

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 05:05 AM
Guess we'll have to wait and see. If it is true, may they be prayed for with the backlash

If it is true, then f**k em, it'll be the last Ubisoft game I buy. But as I said, there's no way they're that oblivious.

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Isn't the benedict arnold mission kinda like that anyway?

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 05:15 AM
If it is true, then f**k em, it'll be the last Ubisoft game I buy. But as I said, there's no way they're that oblivious.

I wouldn't be so sure...we've seen developers do it before...

Isn't the benedict arnold mission kinda like that anyway?

What do you mean?

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 05:18 AM
isn't that a mission you have to pre-order or pay to get?

I don't remember. It's been a while.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 05:18 AM

Yeah, to universal backlash and critical drubbing. Mistakes have been made, and learned from.

PS3 exclusive, but it was free. Not that console exclusive missions are good, but no, it wasn't behind a pay wall.

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 05:19 AM

No...it's a code that comes with every new PS3 copy of AC3...you can also download it for free off PSN if you want to.

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 05:20 AM
Oh well i got mine on steam so...

my bad

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 05:25 AM
Oh well i got mine on steam so...

my bad

Nevermind. It's $5 to purchase off the PSN, but you still get it free with every new game copy.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Here are my thoughts on this. First of all, I don't think AC is or ever will be a free to play game unless we're talking mobile. Now about the internet stuff. If anyone should be angered by this it should be me. I live in a rural area and internet only became available to me about 2 years ago. Whenever a storm arises as it often does the internet ALWAYS goes out. I also have a 15 GB data limit so when we run out I can't connect to the internet on my console. If I want to play AC4 at that time I'm unable to access naval convoys, community challenges, or multiplayer. I am not bothered by this. In most situations I'm in whether it be in a multiplayer match, on forums, or elsewhere I generally assume I have the worst internet because it lags on games severely.

With all of the reasons above you'd think I'd be very angry about this. However, I don't need community challenges to enjoy my game. AC is traditionally a single player game so I don't think it will ever become always online. On top of that, millions of people out there have better internet than me that never have problems and will always be able to access high speed internet. If I have no problems with it, it seems like the millions of people above me wouldn't either.

Perhaps my thread was not really clear, but apparently some SP features will work like a free to play game systems meaning in buying additional content - for instance, powerful SP sword, pistols, outfit or else weaponry will be locked- you still have to buy the game at retail price, but you will have some restriction in order to access some in game content such as side mission(s) and else Some will be included in the season pass and some will not be included and you will have to pay additional fees to access them.

In short, you buy the game at retail and you are restricted to play a part of it unless you pay additional fees for unlocking the rest.
Apparently that won't touch the main story, but apparently that restriction will be for some of the side missions present in game and like I said above items.

Still after posting my thread, I heard by someone else that Ubisoft plans to offer several season passes post release (apparently at least 3) the more expensive of them being the one that will offer to players the more access to the restricted content.

Like I said earlier I do not want to start speculation based on some random rumor, but you have no smoke without fire, and if I got tipped by tiers like this, it is certainly because it was or will be question of it.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 06:06 AM

What do you mean?

AC3 benedite Arnorld mission(s) is an Exclusivity DLC only for Sony and PC that you have to buy if you want to play it (Last time I checked PSN was asking money for it, but it should come for fee for new PS3 AC3 version) - Anyway that is different that paying fees for content that you already have onto the data you bought.

UniteUnderPower
09-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Perhaps my thread was not really clear, but apparently some SP features will work like a free to play game systems meaning in buying additional content - for instance, powerful SP sword, pistols, outfit or else weaponry will be locked- you still have to buy the game at retail price, but you will have some restriction in order to access some in game content such as side mission(s) and else Some will be included in the season pass and some will not be included and you will have to pay additional fees to access them.

In short, you buy the game at retail and you are restricted to play a part of it unless you pay additional fees for unlocking the rest.
Apparently that won't touch the main story, but apparently that restriction will be for some of the side missions present in game and like I said above items.

Still after posting my thread, I heard by someone else that Ubisoft plans to offer several season passes post release (apparently at least 3) the more expensive of them being the one that will offer to players the more access to the restricted content.

Like I said earlier I do not want to start speculation based on some random rumor, but you have no smoke without fire, and if I got tipped by tiers like this, it is certainly because it was or will be question of it.

When they announce that there's 3 season passes will be when my worry reaches an all-time high.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 06:10 AM
When they announce that there's 3 season passes will be when my worry reaches an all-time high.

Sure thing, me too! let see how it goes

Matt.mc
09-02-2014, 06:12 AM

Hasn't this already been discussed? I thought this was all true, but you could still unlock all these things in game by doing certain tasks, but if you didn't want to play those quests you could just buy then instead?

Landruner
09-02-2014, 06:22 AM
Hasn't this already been discussed? I thought this was all true, but you could still unlock all these things in game by doing certain tasks, but if you didn't want to play those quests you could just buy then instead?
I don't know if that had been already discussed on this forum or not ?- I only know that it had been a lot of speculation and rumorS about Unity and Ubisoft plans about the game and if this one is one of them, well, I am just a sad fool for posting this there, and if not true I will be a poor lonely A... then.
But like I said above, I know the people that tip me on stuff since I share some other stuff with them for my job, and usually they nail the truth so...????.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't know if that had been already discussed on this forum or not ?- I only know that it had been a lot of speculation and rumorS about Unity and Ubisoft plans about the game and if this one is one of them, well, I am just a sad fool for posting this there, and if not true I will be a poor lonely A... then.
But like I said above, I know the people that tip me on stuff since I share some other stuff with them for my job, and usually they nail the truth so...????.

This is old news. You can either unlock the content yourself, or pay for it.

pacmanate
09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Do you know what bugs me the most? Having to use a companion app to unlock chests. I do NOT own a tablet.

So I get to miss out on chests it seems :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))) yay

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Do you know what bugs me the most? Having to use a companion app to unlock chests. I do NOT own a tablet.

So I get to miss out on chests it seems :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))) yay

Has this been confirmed, or is this just another rumour?

CoachAssassin
09-02-2014, 02:46 PM
The companion app is for smartphones as well, and no it's not necesarry for 100%, just like the tiny F2P accent, can make things easier.

Everything in this sense is basically to either make it incredibly easy for you by paying for it, or you go ahead and unlock it manually which is harder. I see no problem in that, since we had that in BF as well.

Sushiglutton
09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
This is not just a qualitative question, but also a quantitative one. I mean it's very relevant to know how much content is free and how much is locked away. Best approach, as always, is to wait for release and then try to figure out how it works based on reviews etc. Then you can decide if you want to get it now for full price, or wait for a price cut.

SlyTrooper
09-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm not worried. You don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to. This thread is just misinformed.

Kakuzu745
09-02-2014, 04:59 PM
If you can either buy it or unlock it I am cool...

Sushiglutton
09-02-2014, 05:03 PM
If you can either buy it or unlock it I am cool...

It depends on what you need to unlock it though. I mean let's say you can get Altair's outfit either by killing 1 000 000 guards, or by paying $1....

One potential issue with microtransaction is if developers are trying to incentivize players to buy them, by making the content a grind to unlock.

Kakuzu745
09-02-2014, 05:21 PM
It depends on what you need to unlock it though. I mean let's say you can get Altair's outfit either by killing 1 000 000 guards, or by paying $1....

One potential issue with microtransaction is if developers are trying to incentivize players to buy them, by making the content a grind to unlock.

I understand you point and I actually agree but personally I would not really care even if it is 50 cents...I just like to really milk the game, get all the achievements, find every collectible, etc. However your point is very valid and I hope they do not go that way...it would really give them a excuse for a bunch of lil kids to spend one dollar instead of actually playing the game :S

SlyTrooper
09-02-2014, 05:23 PM

They won't do that. Besides, aren't legacy outfits unlocked through Uplay? If you have AC1 synched to Uplay, you should get the outfit, right?

Sushiglutton
09-02-2014, 05:38 PM
They won't do that.

Not sure how you can know that. I mean it won't be as obvious as in my toy example. But they may balance things differently considering microtransactions than if the only objective was to make the game as fun as possible.

Ureh
09-02-2014, 07:21 PM
They won't do that. Besides, aren't legacy outfits unlocked through Uplay? If you have AC1 synched to Uplay, you should get the outfit, right?

I think AC1 doesn't have Uplay capabilities. Uplay was introduced in AC2, iirc.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 07:25 PM

Yes, you're right.

m4r-k7
09-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Amancio already confirmed that you can play the whole game without paying for anything (you probably need PS+ or Xbox Gold to play online though). I don't get the point of this thread.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 07:41 PM

You are right AC2 introduced U-play and it did not work that well back then in 2009 (connection at least, but no the game progression) - The U-play access became totally improved for ACB and Prince of Persia, which could let you have access to the servers and endorse or redeem your AC2 action points for rewards along the ACB and other Ubisoft games.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Amancio already confirmed that you can play the whole game without paying for anything (you probably need PS+ or Xbox Gold to play online though). I don't get the point of this thread.

He confirmed it Where?

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 07:45 PM
He confirmed it Where?

Watch Coop Customization Preview from Eurogamer

Landruner
09-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Watch Coop Customization Preview from Eurogamer

Something is funny there because I got those info from Europe ....:rolleyes: Anyway....Yep, that video from Eurogamer concerns the co-op stuff with customization that you can either buy if you want to progress faster or be patient and unlocked by playing the game.

That is old news and they did already that with their MP customization packs since AC3 at $14.99 each. People that bought them did not have to play the all MP for having all the items....and you know the rest....

My thread is about some additional side missions (some with the infamous historical content they recently advertized) made for the SP Mod that you will have to pay if you want to plat them. According to what I got they have no plan to let you play them unless you buy their access.
Those side quest(s) or missions are not the one(s) included in the pre-order(s) or else limited/collector ed(s), they are SP mission that are going to be locked by a pay wall. (Sarcastically I would say U-PAY lol!). I do not know to that point how many SP mission are affected by this and their size or length neither?
I mean by that that I do not know if they will be a just "memory" size or a full "fraction" content or side mission (sequence). I try to relate to how the AC games are build with the sequence and memory size). No one can concretely tells so far?

I do know that the main Story rest untouched and is not affected by this - that is it! (Ouf!)
Anyone can still say that won't have to buy them, sure, no one forces you to buy them - however I do not know if they will be included for the full synchronization or not?

m4r-k7
09-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Who are your sources? For all we know you could be making this up.

SlyTrooper
09-02-2014, 08:33 PM
You are right AC2 introduced U-play and it did not work that well back then in 2009 (connection at least, but no the game progression) - The U-play access became totally improved for ACB and Prince of Persia, which could let you have access to the servers and endorse or redeem your AC2 action points for rewards along the ACB and other Ubisoft games.

Ah yes. I forgot. It's the other oufits that are unlocked through Uplay. I don't remember Altair's outfit in ACIV, though. I should check, but I can't be bothered. :)

Landruner
09-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Who are your sources? For all we know you could be making this up.

What is my interest to make it up those things? - for appearing as a fool on this forum or being banned then? What is the point seriously?

m4r-k7
09-02-2014, 08:35 PM
There is no point..
But how could you possibly know this information? You are not telling us, so it makes me think you are making this up for some unknown reason.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 08:39 PM

You need ps+ to play co-op, but you can play online without ps+.

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 08:40 PM
You need ps+ to play co-op, but you can play online without ps+.

So basically - play solo?

Shahkulu101
09-02-2014, 08:40 PM
There is no point..
But how could you possibly know this information? You are not telling us, so it makes me think you are making this up for some unknown reason.

Likely got an inside source, who he can't reveal for obvious reasons.

Not unheard of. How do you think things are leaked?

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 08:44 PM
So basically - play solo?

Exactly. You will be able to play all the missions solo, including the brotherhood missions. If you want to play co-op, you need ps+.

Landruner
09-02-2014, 09:11 PM
There is no point..

Yep sure, I am a crazy and/or naive French artist that at almost 50 has no life and nothing else to do that posting BS on that AC forum - Sure why not? I have been there for years now, and I need attention from the people of that forum. lol - Sure I need that in my life....lol,,,

Look if you don't believe me that is okay, I am not going to cry and trying to convincing you about the reliability or my info or not, and I do not need to justify to you where I got it from, but assured that I am not a 'troll", a hater or a fantasist neither, like you I happen to like that franchise as much as anyone does there.

bitebug2003
09-02-2014, 09:36 PM
I just hope it allows solo players to 100% complete the whole game without being forced to do the co-op/online stuff to get the 100% like was the case with AC:B, AC:R, AC3 & AC4.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I just hope it allows solo players to 100% complete the whole game without being forced to do the co-op/online stuff to get the 100% like was the case with AC:B, AC:R, AC3 & AC4.

So do I.

Xstantin
09-02-2014, 10:52 PM
It does kinda suck if one is a completionist :nonchalance:

GoldenBoy9999
09-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Yep it stinks if you get the game late when the multiplayer is dead. I still have some multiplayer achievements in AC4 I need to get because some are pretty tricky.

JustPlainQuirky
09-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Yeah I'm probably gonna never 100% AC4 because of the internet events or whatever.

I don't even know what they are.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2014, 11:09 PM

That actually wasn't the case with AC4, you had to be online for social events/community challenges to unlock everything.

straty88
09-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Yep it stinks if you get the game late when the multiplayer is dead. I still have some multiplayer achievements in AC4 I need to get because some are pretty tricky.

Maybe try posting on the forums to see if others will help, if you want them. Seen plenty of threads for Revelations and Brotherhood once the games had been out for a number of years, with people happy to help.

bitebug2003
09-03-2014, 12:10 AM
That actually wasn't the case with AC4, you had to be online for social events/community challenges to unlock everything.

You also had the multiplayer component you had to do if you wanted to get 100%.
I never cared for AC multiplayer (I always thought it was a cluttered mess) but I did care to 100% every AC game (except AC1 - that was a borefest), and the multiplayer introduced after AC2 prevented me from doing so.

I don't care for online gaming much -- if at all (well there is one exception - Mass Effect 3 multi, which I still play today) - call me old fashioned....

It does kinda suck if one is a completionist :nonchalance:

Yes it does and I like to complete certain games http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/indiff_zps7549f5a4.gif

Ureh
09-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Ah yes. I forgot. It's the other oufits that are unlocked through Uplay. I don't remember Altair's outfit in ACIV, though. I should check, but I can't be bothered. :)

Indeed there is a Altair's outfit in AC4 but it's obtained by linking one of these games: AC2, ACB, ACR or AC3. Regardless of which game you link first, Altair is the first outfit that should be unlocked (although it isn't working for everyone for some reason). :]

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
The companion app is for smartphones as well, and no it's not necesarry for 100%, just like the tiny F2P accent, can make things easier.

Wouldnt be too sure on that just yet. Black Flags compainion app is tablets only.

straty88
09-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Wouldnt be too sure on that just yet. Black Flags compainion app is tablets only.

Was it? I'm pretty sure I had it on my Iphone. I'll have to check.

Edit: Yeah I still have it installed on my phone. :)

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Was it? I'm pretty sure I had it on my Iphone. I'll have to check.

Edit: Yeah I still have it installed on my phone. :)

Must have been iOS and Tablets only then. Both my Android phones can't run it and they are on Jellybean

straty88
09-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Must have been iOS and Tablets only then. Both my Android phones can't run it and they are on Jellybean

Ah ok, that sucks. :( Either way this shouldn't be forced in.

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Ah ok, that sucks. :( Either way this shouldn't be forced in.

Just checked again, the app specifically says tablets which meant that there was no Android SmartPhone Support :(

straty88
09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Just checked again, the app specifically says tablets which meant that there was no Android SmartPhone Support :(

That's so weird even with the ridiculous number of android OSs and configurations I would of thought they'd support it. :( In any case you weren't missing much with AC4. As the main feature I wanted to use, the map, never worked and it was just easier to use the PS4 touch pad.

Landruner
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM

The all thing of being online for SP was a total shore - THAT SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY!

Note: that when the feature had been implanted for AC4 it was at the same time that some other claimed on twitter that player had to be always online for (for named no one "dealwithit#") - I believe that Ubisoft was going on this way for their future games as well. I know that tonton Guillemont dropped the ball of the online pass (that restricted player to access the Kenway's fleet feature), but still it looks like they found another way around, and Alas ACU is not going to change their intentions anyhow.

Like I said in my OP, I just want to play an AC at my own pace without being worried about some online connection, SP pay wall, U - PLAY, Companion apps and other thing that they may come with and I do not want to be forced into the Co-op unless I want to or accessing AC initiate for completing my game neither.

I mean the all thing start becoming ridiculous if you thing about it....

Just let me play the game "Sacrebleu!"

Kakuzu745
09-03-2014, 06:20 PM
The all thing of being online for SP was a total shore - THAT SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY!

Note: that when the feature had been implanted for AC4 it was at the same time that some other claimed on twitter that player had to be always online for (for named no one "dealwithit#") - I believe that Ubisoft was going on this way for their future games as well. I know that tonton Guillemont dropped the ball of the online pass (that restricted player to access the Kenway's fleet feature), but still it looks like they found another way around, and Alas ACU is not going to change their intentions anyhow.

Like I said in my OP, I just want to play an AC at my own pace without being worried about some online connection, SP pay wall, U - PLAY, Companion apps and other thing that they may come with and I do not want to be forced into the Co-op unless I want to or accessing AC initiate for completing my game neither.

I mean the all thing start becoming ridiculous if you thing about it....

Just let me play the game "Sacrebleu!"

To be honest if these things are not forced onto the player to 100% the game I do not mind. I actually liked the companion app for AC4 because it allowed me to play Kenway Fleet while not in my console...however when you associate items to some sort of online activity, then that is completely wrong, especially if you are going to stop supporting this at some point.

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 06:29 PM
What does Ubi even gain from us having to be online to access content?

hlchade
09-03-2014, 07:33 PM

The Black Flag companion app was available for a very short list of Android phones; I used it on both my Nexus4 and Nexus5--although I can't for the life of me remember if it worked on anything older than KitKat. There was a member in the mobile forums that was also providing files/advice on how to potentially get it to work on "unsupported [Android] devices."

Here's the last update of supported devices posted in that very thread (spoilering for length), as you can see there were a few Android phones:

The latest update added in a lot more devices, however it depends if the update is released on all platforms, so please just keep checking:

Apple

iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4
iPad 5(air)
iPad Mini
iPad Mini 2 (retina)
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5c
iPhone 5s
iPod 5
iPod touch (4G)

Amazon

Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HDX

Google

Sony Nicki SS
Samsung Galaxy S II
HTC Sensation
Motorola RAZR XT910
Sony Xperia SP (C5303)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Alcatel One Touch Idol S
HTC ONE Mini
Samsung Galaxy S3
Sony Xperia S
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Honami i1 C6903
Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab
Samsung P3100 Galaxy Tab 2
GT-N7100 Galaxy Note 2
Asus Nexus 7 2013
Asus Google Nexus 7
Samsung GT-P5110 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010
Asus Transformer Prime TF201
Asus Transformer TF700 Pad Infinity
Sony Xperia Tabley Z
Samsung Galaxy Nexus 10
SonyEricsson Xperia Arc S
Alcatel One Touch Idol Mini
LG Optimus L7 P700
Samsung Galaxy S
HTC Desire HD
HTC One X
LG Optimus G2
Samsung Galaxy Note
SonyEricsson Xperia Play
SonyEricsson Xperia Arc
SonyEricsson Xperia Arc S
Sony Nicki SS
Alcatel One Touch Idol Mini
HTC Desire S Black
Galaxy Tab 3

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
The Black Flag companion app was available for a very short list of Android phones; I used it on both my Nexus4 and Nexus5--although I can't for the life of me remember if it worked on anything older than KitKat. There was a member in the mobile forums that was also providing files/advice on how to potentially get it to work on "unsupported [Android] devices."

Here's the last update of supported devices posted in that very thread (spoilering for length), as you can see there were a few Android phones:

The list lies! I have an Xperia S and an SP, both in that list.

Edit: WHAT IS LIFE?! It's just started downloading?! For nearly a whole year I've been getting an error every time I tried to download, wtf!

Landruner
09-03-2014, 09:13 PM
To be honest if these things are not forced onto the player to 100% the game I do not mind. I actually liked the companion app for AC4 because it allowed me to play Kenway Fleet while not in my console...however when you associate items to some sort of online activity, then that is completely wrong, especially if you are going to stop supporting this at some point.

The companion apps was okay, I used it a lot while i was not playing - however. I find deplorable that they did not expend the features to other format and they could at least set that features on PC for people that did not have the appropriate mobile phones or tablets.

I also agree with you about the online activity and the fact that they stopped leaving thousand with an incomplete game.

Kakuzu745
09-03-2014, 09:20 PM
The companion apps was okay, I used it a lot while i was not playing - however. I find deplorable that they did not expend the features to other format and they could at least set that features on PC for people that did not have the appropriate mobile phones or tablets.

I also agree with you about the online activity and the fact that they stopped leaving thousand with an incomplete game.

What would really baffle me is they actually intend to continue doing that considering the experience they got from Black Flag. You want me to unlock items by interacting online and whatever? Cool, then have a proper server that supports this, support it for more than 6 months and when you are done supporting it please be kind enough to incorporate some sort of Single Player Challenge that will allow me to get those items. I do not really think it is too much too ask Ubi..

Landruner
09-03-2014, 09:22 PM

???? Friend, I do not know, but the deepest guess is that they have business deal and partnership with online parties and providers and/or they try to control and enforce their DRM. An example try to play AC4 with the season pass included in another console, but yours, is using your save, gamertag and the season pass and DLCs and the all being offline and tell what happen then.... better, I save you time, you can't play your save and game.

What would really baffle me is they actually intend to continue doing that considering the experience they got from Black Flag. You want me to unlock items by interacting online and whatever? Cool, then have a proper server that supports this, support it for more than 6 months and when you are done supporting it please be kind enough to incorporate some sort of Single Player Challenge that will allow me to get those items. I do not really think it is too much too ask Ubi..

Yes, it is perhaps because we are all idiots to blindly support them and their products and we are too stupid to understand they got us by the balls because we are fans? If you say anthing against it,

As long as every year with an new AC they push the cork into our butts, and we happily each time say "oh please! go for it, and I hide my eyes because I don't want to see it happen " they won't stop... and waiting for a change from them it is like wanting for a fish to drown in an aquarium.

Megas_Doux
09-04-2014, 01:47 AM

The only excuse I can think of is to "force" the players to get the game as soon as possible in order to "fully" experience it.....

Landruner
09-04-2014, 10:12 AM
The only excuse I can think of is to "force" the players to get the game as soon as possible in order to "fully" experience it.....

... or this as you said above after all they showed that AC4 was fully playable for a few months - After all, it looks like that they do what Microsoft was trying to do with the XB One and Used games and else.

We may think that after the anualization of the games the life spend of future AC games will be 6 months long.

In short, by March 2015 the attitude will be forget about "Unity" because we "Ubisoft" already advertise for new one is coming up next fall.

Kakuzu745
09-04-2014, 05:25 PM
... or this as you said above after all they showed that AC4 was fully playable for a few months - After all, it looks like that they do what Microsoft was trying to do with the XB One and Used games and else.

We may think that after the anualization of the games the life spend of future AC games will be 6 months long.

In short, by March 2015 the attitude will be forget about "Unity" because we "Ubisoft" already advertise for new one is coming up next fall.

I thought you had gotten some nice responses from the Ubi support when you actually tried to reach them about this topic.

Landruner
09-04-2014, 11:16 PM
I thought you had gotten some nice responses from the Ubi support when you actually tried to reach them about this topic.

So far, I got just one response from one moderator from the support - Go to the support section on this forum, you can see my thread and his post to me. I do not know if anything could go anywhere but at least I saw that someone tried to help in this matter or try to do something.

The thread I post on the support also includes some issues glitch that I got since day one (Social event glitches) and that I never been fixed since (I never got any reward for both games version I own). I am going to try some actions in order to see if we can get those items unlocked and our AC4 patched and social event glitches free. Also there were some issues with the code for the Figures both via Amazon or gotten by Gamestop - The Codes did not work for most people.

Apparently, statistically speaking only the figure sold via Ubisoft website worked, not really the other retailers. That is not cool at all.

Anyhow, my point is that "we" as fans of this franchise and main support of it, should not accept and make a point with Ubisoft on this matter. I am okay that they make money one way to another with our passion for those games, but that they exploit us like they did recently, no I disagree.
I understand that video games are becoming more and more expensive to make, and the Developers and publishers have to make money and profit - Yes, video game is a business., and a lucrative one, and we should be very silly to think otherwise -
In short, no one can blame any of them for this. and I would be a dirty hypocrite if I was going against them for that.
I want Ubisoft to be successful and give us tons of games to play and enjoy for the future years, but fooling their all fans base with biased and forced online replay features, and/or some hidden or secretive pay wall locked in the software that we already bought - Nope, we should not let it go. pass and let them get away with that.

Like I said previously I am certainly one of the oldest AC fans of this forum, and perhaps I do not have the same generation conception about what next video gaming generation is about? but all I see is that it will be a public breaking point sometime, and I do not want that happen for my favorite game franchise.