PDA

View Full Version : Is this proof that AC Rogue will release on PS4/X1 and PC in the future?

pacmanate
09-01-2014, 06:54 PM
For a while we have know that the ending of Rogue leads in to a mystery for AC Unity.

And that is it. That's gotta be proof right? Seems to me that playing Unity before Rogue will ruin a plot point for the start of Unity.

If the stories intertwine directly like that, why split them on different platforms?

I honestly believe there are AC Rogue is not releasing on PS4/X1/PC because Unity releases the same day (at least now) and that it would hurt sales for Unity. I also think that the fact they are now both releasing the same day also shows some more connectivity. A lot of people will also have sold their last gen console to buy a PS4/X1 so they would also be missing out.

What do you guys think anyway? If the stories intertwine and give a plot point for Unity, surely it's a given?

JustPlainQuirky
09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
How is that proof? Even if Rogue comes to PS4 people will still be spoiled because Unity comes out first.

I mean I do think eventually it will come to PS4 but I don't think your reasoning fits the situation IMO.

pacmanate
09-01-2014, 06:58 PM
How is that proof? Even if Rogue comes to PS4 people will still be spoiled because Unity comes out first.

I mean I do think eventually it will come to PS4 but I don't think your reasoning fits the situation IMO.

Even so, not everyone has a next gen console yet...

GoldenBoy9999
09-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Wait, which one are you supposed to play first? I heard playing Rogue first would spoil Unity but now you say it's the other way around...

Hans684
09-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Wait, which one are you supposed to play first? I heard playing Rogue first would spoil Unity but now you say it's the other way around...

Doesn't really matter. Rogue spoils the begging of Unity, Unity spoils the end of Rogue.

lothario-da-be
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Doesn't really matter. Rogue spoils the begging of Unity, Unity spoils the end of Rogue.
amazing...
I would like to have an official response from Ubi in wich order they should be played.

Hans684
09-01-2014, 07:09 PM
amazing...
I would like to have an official response from Ubi in wich order they should be played.

In the next Q&A, if there is one.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-01-2014, 07:13 PM
I don't think it proofs anything.

Not according to alex amancio. He said that there is a mystery in unity and the ending of rogue reveals that mystery. Unity doesn't spoil the end of rogue.

Hans684
09-01-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't think it proofs anything.

Not according to alex amancio. He said that there is a mystery in unity and the ending of rogue reveals that mystery. Unity doesn't spoil the end of rogue.

My mistake.

m4r-k7
09-01-2014, 07:57 PM
They are obviously going to bring Rogue to next-gen. Theres no question, its basically 100% guaranteed.
1) Money
2) They ported over AC 4 to next-gen relatively easy
3) Next-gen gamers might want another pirate game (especially those who bought AC 4 on next-gen) Ubisoft know this
4) The link between the games.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
My mistake.

No worries.

Landruner
09-01-2014, 11:51 PM
For a while we have know that the ending of Rogue leads in to a mystery for AC Unity.

And that is it. That's gotta be proof right? Seems to me that playing Unity before Rogue will ruin a plot point for the start of Unity.

If the stories intertwine directly like that, why split them on different platforms?

I honestly believe there are AC Rogue is not releasing on PS4/X1/PC because Unity releases the same day (at least now) and that it would hurt sales for Unity. I also think that the fact they are now both releasing the same day also shows some more connectivity. A lot of people will also have sold their last gen console to buy a PS4/X1 so they would also be missing out.

What do you guys think anyway? If the stories intertwine and give a plot point for Unity, surely it's a given?

Rogue will certainly come to PC,PS4.and XBOne next year in some HD edition as a second AC beside the next one - The first reason id why I am saying that is that is that Ubisoft is not going to to let go the evident potential of additional buyers that my buy that game for their console(s) or PCs and the second reason is that I bought a crystal ball...lol

rickprog
09-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Karl Von Der Luhe, Rogue's associate producer, said on a recent interview they'll soon be looking into bringing Rogue for PC because PC fans have been requesting it quite a lot. I'd assume they'll release a current gen version as well if the PC one happens.