PDA

View Full Version : Favourite weapon across every game?

The_Kiwi_
09-01-2014, 05:55 AM
What was your favourite weapon to use? The answers in the poll give only classes of weapons, but if you wish to elaborate then please do, would love to hear your favourite weapon and why.

Fatal-Feit
09-01-2014, 06:07 AM
The sword. It's the ultimate weapon in every Assassin's Creed after AC:2. It's strong, flexible, and offered no restrictions.

It even beats AC:IV's dual swords. The kill animations are faster, deadlier, and double-tool-kills didn't require you to unsheath your weapon every time.

The_Kiwi_
09-01-2014, 06:16 AM
For me, it's definitely Alta´r's short sword. I loved the animations and the bone-crunching noises when you impale it into someone's skull. I also love how it's sheathed on his back, I would just continually tap the button and watch him sheath/unsheath it in the loading room.

UniteUnderPower
09-01-2014, 06:52 AM
The tomahawk. I loved the kill animations to it and fighting with it was so smooth.

Xstantin
09-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Hidden blades in general but I try to play sneaky as much as possible. Although I do like dagger and spin-the-sword animations in Revelations.

Namikaze_17
09-01-2014, 10:38 AM
I'd say Tomahawk...I always liked Connor's animations with them.

Then the Hidden Blades...

#trademarkforlife

Aphex_Tim
09-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Tomahawk, hands down! I always feel like such a badass when using it!

I also quite liked Edward's single sword animations. Such a shame you could't just equip a single sword and constantly had to disarm someone for it.

jayjay275
09-01-2014, 11:18 AM
The Swords. Ezio's in Brotherhood looked so cool, and Haytham's were classy. :P

SHADOWGARVIN
09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
The hidden blade double kill is the one i use most often. Edward's double swords were great. One of my favorite weapons was the crossbow.

GunnerGalactico
09-01-2014, 12:31 PM
The tomahawk is the most unique weapon I have ever used, in any videogame I have played- therefore it is my most favourite weapon in the AC series. My second most favourite weapon is Altair's short blade.

In AC, Altair, Ezio, Edward, Haytham, Shay and Arno all use swords, sabres or cutlasses and all of them have a unique fighting style or variation on using them (I know that Connor can also use a sword if and when he is assigned to use it). The sword is a really cool weapon, but I've used many different types of swords other videogame titles.

RinoTheBouncer
09-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Tomahawk, Hidden Blades and Club are the best!

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Hidden blades of course.

But especially the tomahawk! The bow too :)

JustPlainQuirky
09-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Tomahawk Tomahawk *sings to Smosh AC song*

m4r-k7
09-01-2014, 04:55 PM
I hope daggers are in AC Unity but something tells me they won't be in the game. I also think there will only be one primary weapon. I miss the days where we had a primary sword and a secondary dagger :(

GoldenBoy9999
09-01-2014, 05:27 PM
AC3's weapons were my favorite with things like the tomahawk, bow, and war clubs. I'm really excited for the return of weapon variances in ACU. I always thought maces were cool and now we can finally equip spears!

SixKeys
09-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Hidden blade, except for combat. In combat I prefer swords and daggers.

Megas_Doux
09-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I hate just cant use the hidden blades for combat, for that matter I prefer use the Tomahawk - my vote- and swords.

Assassin_M
09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
The sword as Haytham
Short blade as Altair

Ureh
09-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Across all games, the sword has always been my weapon of choice. It's the one I go back to when I'm bored of the other weapons.

Now with portable spears in ACU that might change.

Acrimonious_Nin
09-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I always enjoyed hunting down templars with brooms...>_>

SixKeys
09-01-2014, 10:29 PM

Yes, the broom and shovel are definitely the best weapons. :D

LoyalACFan
09-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Hidden blade all the way. I play mostly stealthily, so there's that, but Ezio's HB animations in Brotherhood and Edward's in AC4 are the best fight animations in the series IMO.

Sushiglutton
09-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Hidden blade all the way. I play mostly stealthily, so there's that, but Ezio's HB animations in Brotherhood and Edward's in AC4 are the best fight animations in the series IMO.

Ezios multi stab HB kill in AC2 is the most iconic kill in the history of videogames (actually it may be Mario jumping on a goomba. But still, it's awesome!)

Acrimonious_Nin
09-01-2014, 10:39 PM

That is so true...when playing back AC:B and AC:R he had some of the best animations I have seen...

BTW according to my post counts: Connor and Haythem met at this time...>_>

purplekurple
09-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Sword4lyfe no matter which game. However it's seems like most people here like Tomahawk

EmbodyingSeven5
09-02-2014, 12:21 AM
The tomahawk is the most unique weapon I have ever used, in any videogame I have played- therefore it is my most favourite weapon in the AC series. My second most favourite weapon is Altair's short blade.

In AC, Altair, Ezio, Edward, Haytham, Shay and Arno all use swords, sabres or cutlasses and all of them have a unique fighting style or variation on using them (I know that Connor can also use a sword if and when he is assigned to use it). The sword is a really cool weapon, but I've used many different types of swords other videogame titles.

uhh don't forget HB

rickprog
09-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Tomahawk, no doubt. I absolutely loved it from the moment the design was posted and it has sick animations, not to mention it's a fast, deadly weapon. Well, all AC3 weapons are very deadly but my point comes across, I guess.

My top three would most likely be Tomahawk, dual cutlasses (the pistol swords are way too cool, even if they're not particularly special) and then the hidden blade + pivot blade.

Aphex_Tim
09-02-2014, 04:16 PM

I once had Ezio accidentally bash some dude's brain in with his own broom. Felt pretty bad afterwards. :p

Also, if you could pick up a minstrel's lute, that would be my weapon of choice!

Hans684
09-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Also, if you could pick up a minstrel's lute, that would be my weapon of choice!

Music to my ears.

VitoAuditore
09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I would say the hidden blade is my nr.1, a close 2nd would be the spear/halberd. I love how sneaky the hidden blade is, and its the main weapon of the series afterall. And nothing beats the look of the spear fighting style for me.
(reminds me of playing darth maul when i was a kid :p)

Landruner
09-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Kiwi....you forgot the Crossbow, the dart thing from (AC3/AC4) and the Bomb of Ezio of ACR. Perhaps (?) you were running out of optional checks for the poll, and you could not add those, but still I really enjoyed them.

Fatal-Feit
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Kiwi....you forgot the Crossbow, the dart thing from (AC3/AC4) and the Bomb of Ezio of ACR. Perhaps (?) you were running out of optional checks for the poll, and you could not add those, but still I really enjoyed them.

Blowpipe*

And everyone forgets the blunderbuss.

jeordievera
09-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Hidden blades! Daaah!

Kakuzu745
09-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Blowpipe*

And everyone forgets the blunderbuss.

Blunderbuss was absolutely badass.

I also think Pistol Swords should be separated from swords :P

The_Kiwi_
09-04-2014, 05:59 AM

I was only doing melee weapons, which is why I didn't include any of those.
Ranged weapons are for another time, and by that I mean I'll make a poll now...

Markaccus
09-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Although ac3 is my least favorite game in the series, the Tomahawk is the best weapon. It just looked great when fighting multiple enemies. However, had the combat in AC1 been as developed as it is now, then Altairs short blade would have won hands down. The trouble with the rest of the games is that it is quite inconvenient to have a knife in the quick select menu, and even if you do use them, they seem weak in comparison to the Tomahawk.