PDA

View Full Version : So why are we using the Animus?

RinoTheBouncer
08-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Since ACI and all the way till ACIII, we’ve been using the Animus to find the Apple of Eden for Abstergo to launch their satellite and then we escaped to find the Apple and keep it with the Assassins, away from the Templars, after that we were in the Animus because Desmond was in a coma and it was the only way for him to get his memories isolated from the Animus after reaching a synch nexus and later to find the key to the Grand Temple’s device room. So you can say that the whole reason for the journey was to save the world.

In ACIV, we an Abstergo Entertainment employee testing the products of the company and Abstergo was indirectly using him to find data about the Vials and the Observatory..etc. So what do you think the reason will be for using the Animus in Rogue and Unity? We were told that in Unity, ‘we’ are contacted by the Assassins and asked to relive the memories of Arno for God knows what reason. What do you think that reason is? and why does it feel like every single quest requires the use of the Animus?

What do you expect the reasons to be? what artifact or location are we after?
Post your speculations...

EmbodyingSeven5
08-31-2014, 03:21 PM
most likely rouge will be a little lazy like AC liberation. or we could still be in the offices of Abstergo researching the missing link between all kenways

NondairyGold
08-31-2014, 04:06 PM
We will be training to be an assassin. FACT!!

EmbodyingSeven5
08-31-2014, 04:11 PM
We will be training to be an assassin. FACT!!

lol is it really or are you teasing!:p

Layytez
08-31-2014, 04:14 PM
lol is it really or are you teasing!:p
He is 90% correct based on some of the stuff I've seen.

Since ACI and all the way till ACIII, we’ve been using the Animus to find the Apple of Eden for Abstergo to launch their satellite and then we escaped to find the Apple and keep it with the Assassins, away from the Templars, after that we were in the Animus because Desmond was in a coma and it was the only way for him to get his memories isolated from the Animus after reaching a synch nexus and later to find the key to the Grand Temple’s device room. So you can say that the whole reason for the journey was to save the world.

In ACIV, we an Abstergo Entertainment employee testing the products of the company and Abstergo was indirectly using him to find data about the Vials and the Observatory..etc. So what do you think the reason will be for using the Animus in Rogue and Unity? We were told that in Unity, ‘we’ are contacted by the Assassins and asked to relive the memories of Arno for God knows what reason. What do you think that reason is? and why does it feel like every single quest requires the use of the Animus?

Since they are contacting us I think using the Animus is a form of training/learning what the brotherhood means/is while at the same time gathering data within the Helix for them and staying off the the Templars radar since it is a gaming device and we won't be an easy target. I'm not sure if we are playing as ourselves with no strings attached or ourselves as initiates training to be/helping the assassins. For Rouge...i'm 100% it's another game research cover up/ look for something while at the same time promoting Templars as good guys.

NondairyGold
08-31-2014, 04:20 PM
He is 90% correct based on some of the stuff I've seen.

I haven't seen anything to point me in that direction, I'm only going on what I've learned on the Initiates site. I'm assuming it's going to be an extension of that.

Layytez
08-31-2014, 04:22 PM
I haven't seen anything to point me in that direction, I'm only going on what I've learned on the Initiates site. I'm assuming it's going to be an extension of that.
Yeah an extension of that plus some things I have seen lean towards it being correct. Some details be different but overall I see it happening.

JustPlainQuirky
08-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Devs said because we're training as assassins and aiding assassins in finding some secret info or something.

Dont like how 'you are an assassin' but whatever.

Fatal-Feit
08-31-2014, 05:32 PM
In Unity, we're most likely recruited ''Initiates'' who are training to become Assassins. ''We'' are but one of many who are using the Animus, and non-edited Assassin's memories (courtesy of Shaun and Rebecca), to hone up our skills.

With Rogue, I'm 90% sure we are either continuing where we left off in AC:IV, or will have a new ''you'' protagonist working at some other location and with the same first-person/hacking mechanics from the last game.

Hans684
08-31-2014, 05:43 PM
Information learned is more valuable that information given.

Let's wait and see why. If they have awnser every question they might as well spoil the entire game. I like to discover it myself, it gives a sense of something going on. That I'm making progress and have impact, a secret is worthless if everybody knows it.

pacmanate
08-31-2014, 05:46 PM
I think we had this discussion... I think its either the Sword or Chalice from memory. One of the two was lost in France sometime around the French Revolution. I just went to the wiki for the PoE's.

Layytez
08-31-2014, 05:50 PM
I think we had this discussion... I think its either the Sword or Chalice from memory. One of the two was lost in France sometime around the French Revolution. I just went to the wiki for the PoE's.
They will find the Sword somewhere hidden in France and use it to wave in the Templars face. "Lookie at what I haaaave"

Locopells
08-31-2014, 06:48 PM
#I've got a jar of dirt...#

GunnerGalactico
08-31-2014, 06:59 PM
#I've got a jar of dirt...#

# And guess what's inside it

naumaan
08-31-2014, 11:09 PM
so .. if everyone is going to have the animus in unity .. then what about bleeding effect .. ?

Fatal-Feit
09-01-2014, 12:00 AM
so .. if everyone is going to have the animus in unity .. then what about bleeding effect .. ?

We, the players, will supposedly be affected by it. :p

PROBABLY

Layytez
09-01-2014, 02:00 AM
I think with the adjustments in animus tech and the fact we can relive someone else's memories the bleeding effect is very unlikely to happen.

Xstantin
09-01-2014, 02:03 AM
I think with the adjustments in animus tech and the fact we can relive someone else's memories the bleeding effect is very unlikely to happen.

Unless you start twitching your hands like you have a hidden blade or attack boring men sitting around tables, you'll be fine :p

EmbodyingSeven5
09-01-2014, 04:05 AM
Devs said because we're training as assassins and aiding assassins in finding some secret info or something.

Dont like how 'you are an assassin' but whatever.

Great! now after this all we need is a modern day first person stealth game!

Locopells
09-01-2014, 12:05 PM

I do remember one or two office workers in ACIV's MD segments talking about it still being a possibility, if you overdo it in the Animus...

Layytez
09-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I do remember one or two office workers in ACIV's MD segments talking about it still being a possibility, if you overdo it in the Animus...
Yeah I remember this too but they have mad a new animus (Helix) since then no ? The possibility may have been lowered bait but still be there.

pacmanate
09-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm playing AC4 right now and can answer the bleeding effect question!

Locopells is right, the Bleeding Effect is still a thing.

The maximum you should be in an animus per session is 3 hours. One of the works says how he pushed it up to 5/6 hours and another tells him that it could trigger a bleeding effect.

Layytez
09-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I bet they put a safe lock on the animus home consoles otherwise....

Xstantin
09-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I bet they put a safe lock on the animus home consoles otherwise....

Hope it's not gonna be like Guns of the Patriots telling to go to bed cause it's 3 am

JustPlainQuirky
09-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Or like every recent nintendo game ever.

"You've been playin a while. Why not take a break?"

Shut up, game.

Don't tell me what to do with my life.

#rebel

pacmanate
09-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Hope it's not gonna be like Guns of the Patriots telling to go to bed cause it's 3 am

Huh? My game never told me to go to sleep :p

Layytez
09-01-2014, 02:40 PM
They could literally stop you from playing.

Jackdaw951
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
At this point, I think the animus is more of a shell than anything else. It has to be kept for consistency with the AC universe, plus it's a great mechanic--the game within a game. Since you're wired to a simulation machine, you can't die, but only get desynched if you do something too incompatible with the memory playback. Having a HUD makes more sense too, as does hopping from one segment in the timeline to another.

They may figure out something more interesting for the "real" protagonist eventually. But I think they've realized we'd rather be exploring and running wild in the colorful historical settings.

Xstantin
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
@The-Hollow,
I'll quote Mayrice here 'Shut up, game' :)

Locopells
09-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Stronghold games used to do that as well.

GoldenBoy9999
09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Or like every recent nintendo game ever.

"You've been playin a while. Why not take a break?"

Shut up, game.

Don't tell me what to do with my life.

#rebel

Lol, I've never played Nintendo, that's pretty funny.

souNdwAve89
09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Seems like the question has been answered in this thread, but some backup evidence from Access the Animus

The double assassination is a skill that the player has to unlock
The connection between ACUnity and ACRogue is the fact that the end of ACRogue reveals a mystery of ACUnity.
About the present day, Abstergo is still there and it is behind everything. The hardware is still the same so there is an Animus machine somewhere but developers decided not to show it. And the software running on it is called Helix and it's built by Abstergo.
There are going to be missions in which the player can fail and they have narrative justification for example there are missions with a timer to stop an execution and if the player is out of time, he fails and gets desynchronized.

Layytez
09-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Seems like the question has been answered in this thread, but some backup evidence from Access the Animus
Not show it ? Not sure I understand....

dxsxhxcx
09-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Not show it ? Not sure I understand....

your console is the "animus", what basically means no more (in game) modern day sequences out of the animus like we had until now..

from what I understood the ACU modern days experience can be compared to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQu0AO5mgA

think of the notepad messages as the Assassins making contact with you and the operating system (Windows) acting as the animus interface, the command line you're asked to type represent the tasks you'll have to do when the Assassins make contact with you... lots of fun!

RinoTheBouncer
09-02-2014, 06:06 PM
your console is the "animus", what basically means no more (in game) modern day sequences out of the animus like we had until now..

think of the notepad messages as the Assassins making contact with you and the operating system (Windows) acting as the animus interface, the command line you're asked to type represent the tasks you'll have to do when the Assassins make contact with you... lots of fun!

If that’s true, that means they’ve literally ruined it.

Layytez
09-02-2014, 06:59 PM

They defiantly communicate to us through speech. I have heard it. Text may be a part of it but someone/a woman will talk to us.

souNdwAve89
09-03-2014, 05:38 AM
Whereas Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag are games published by Abstergo Entertainment, Assassin’s Creed: Unity is a DNA-resourced simulation. Abstergo has raised the bar with an upgraded Animus, called HELIX, which allows customers to experience life through the eyes of its Parisian hero, Arno Dorian – much in the same way that the original Animus allowed Desmond Miles to think and act as though he were truly alive in ancient times.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-168743-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Layytez
09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
It's getting confusing with all these variations of Animus tech.

pacmanate
09-03-2014, 10:09 AM
It's getting confusing with all these variations of Animus tech.

Its not confusing.

Omega - Animus Console (PS3)
Helix - Animus Console 2 (PS4)

Then you have all the random numbered ones from AC1 to AC3 from software updates.