PDA

View Full Version : My rant on field of view and field of fire

Piaggio108
02-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I just got off a offline game were a LaGG-3 fliped out of my way when he could have never seen me, so I just want to complain a bit. Yea, I should become a better pilot, but it can't be that hard to program it to take a basic field of view into acount, I heard somewhere that it would have caused a unacceptable drop framerate drop, but I would gladly pay a bit to improve my sistem if it would increase proformance, at least it should be a option. Couldn't you just have a large, shallow cone arond the rear and everything behind it would be hidden?
Then on field of fire, I have been coming in on a brisol Blenheim at a angle he couldn't have hit me from(6 O'clock very low), and the gunner nailed me in the engine and brought me down. Is that the same thing? Couldn't you just place some sort of barier around it?

Piaggio108
02-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I just got off a offline game were a LaGG-3 fliped out of my way when he could have never seen me, so I just want to complain a bit. Yea, I should become a better pilot, but it can't be that hard to program it to take a basic field of view into acount, I heard somewhere that it would have caused a unacceptable drop framerate drop, but I would gladly pay a bit to improve my sistem if it would increase proformance, at least it should be a option. Couldn't you just have a large, shallow cone arond the rear and everything behind it would be hidden?
Then on field of fire, I have been coming in on a brisol Blenheim at a angle he couldn't have hit me from(6 O'clock very low), and the gunner nailed me in the engine and brought me down. Is that the same thing? Couldn't you just place some sort of barier around it?

SUPERAEREO
02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Mmm... no offence, but are you sure you have correct patches for the game and drivers for the graphic card..?

The behaviour of your AI sounds a bit odd...

trumper
02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUPERAEREO:
Mmm... no offence, but are you sure you have correct patches for the game and drivers for the graphic card..?

The behaviour of your AI sounds a bit odd...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm fully patched up and thats how the AI operate for me to.AI Sniper gunners firing at impossible targets at impossible angles whist in high gee manouvres.That is my MAJOR gripe in the whole sim.

xenomage2000
02-18-2004, 12:52 PM
The AI in this game, whether pilot or gunner, is not effected by line of sight, g-forces or most other factors that would affect real life people or even your own in game avatar unfortunately.

AirBot
02-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Errrrrr... what xenomage2000 said.
So basically, you're stuck with this AI, probably until BoB is out.
Of course, you could always go online...

NedsDead
02-18-2004, 10:15 PM
There goes my plan of attack for my next bomber engagement. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif