PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - Part of Control Scheme Revealed

pacmanate
08-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Sorry if old.

Got this from Major Nelsons twitter. Have asked him what left and right D pad do as well as the right stick.

LT - Stealth Mode
LB - Quick Shot
RT - Parkour Mode
RB - (Tap) = Drop Bomb / (Hold) Aim Bomb

Y - Eagle Vision
B - (With RT) = Parkour Down / (Tap) = Parry / (Hold) Loot and Steal
A - (With RT) = Parkout Up / Dodge
X - Assassinate / Attack

L3 - Move Player
R3 - Unknown

Left and Right on the Joypad are most likely weapon selects.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUOfYaCIAAp_lu.jpg:large

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Sorry if old.

LT - Stealth Mode
LB - Quick Shot
RT - Parkour Mode
RB - (Tap) = Drop Bomb / (Hold) Aim Bomb

Y - Eagle Vision
B - (With RT) = Parkour Down / (Tap) = Parry / (Hold) Loot and Steal
A - (With RT) = Parkout Up / Dodge
X - Assassinate / Attack

L3 - Move Player
R3 - Unknown

Left and Right on the Joypad are most likely weapon selects.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUOfYaCIAAp_lu.jpg:large

Sounds good.

Aphex_Tim
08-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Pretty much what I expected. Though I hope you won't have to constantly hold a face button to parkour so I can also control the camera. I hope we'll be able to parkour in a straight line by just holding the trigger and that we'll only have to use the face buttons to go up or down.

wvstolzing
08-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I wonder how the gun aiming will work.

Fatal-Feit
08-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Eagle vision was better when it was mapped to the left analog. Y had more uses.

Pretty much what I expected. Though I hope you won't have to constantly hold a face button to parkour so I can also control the camera. I hope we'll be able to parkour in a straight line by just holding the trigger and that we'll only have to use the face buttons to go up or down.

I believe you can run at full speed without holding either A or B.

Aphex_Tim
08-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Perhaps they removed it. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Well from what I understand, is you only hold a face button to initiate something.

Example, stand on floor, hold RT and A to climb up. Then you can release A and just move around normally with the joysticks and whatnot. RT might speed up movement like in previous games.

Me too, by the looks of it, free aim is gone?

Aphex_Tim
08-30-2014, 10:33 PM
Eagle vision was better when it was mapped to[FONT=arial] the left analog. Y had more uses.

Though in previous games, I would've preferred it if it was mapped to the right stick instead of the left. I never liked how you had to stand still first to trigger eagle vision.

wvstolzing
08-30-2014, 10:34 PM
I also wonder what the DS4 'trackpad' will do. Just display the map, or something more?

pacmanate
08-30-2014, 10:36 PM
I also wonder what the DS4 'trackpad' will do. Just display the map, or something more?

Probs the map, I don't see any other use for it.

Wolfmeister1010
08-30-2014, 10:38 PM
They just recently said that free aiming is still in the game in an interview or twitter.

Sushiglutton
08-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Most interesting part is that they have split tools in two categories bombs and ranged (pistols/phantom blade). If you look at the selection cross in the Gamescom demo you can see how it's organized the same way with LB tools on the left and RB on the right. This is my interpretation anyhow :). Overall this is a good change im as it means we will have direct access to one more tool.

It's odd that there isn't a hold-to-aim option for LB. They have said that there's freeaim in the game. I mean there are even long range weapons, don't see the point in having them if you can't aim.

Anyway this control scheme is ofc incomplete as d-pad up (medecine?) and down (active skill?) are not acounted for.

Landruner
08-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Eagle vision was better when it was mapped to the left analog. Y had more uses.

Agreed

LoyalACFan
08-31-2014, 12:51 AM
Free-aim is probably just holding the "aim bomb" button. If you have a bomb equipped, you'll see an arc like ACR's bomb aiming mechanic; if you have a gun or phantom blade equipped you'll see a reticle.

Which is weird as hell IMO, but it's better than AC3's.

Xstantin
08-31-2014, 12:54 AM
It needs a photomode button

Sushiglutton
08-31-2014, 01:01 AM
Free-aim is probably just holding the "aim bomb" button. If you have a bomb equipped, you'll see an arc like ACR's bomb aiming mechanic; if you have a gun or phantom blade equipped you'll see a reticle.

Which is weird as hell IMO, but it's better than AC3's.

I believe you will have one bomb and one ranged weapon equipped simultaniously. This is also confirmed by one of the things we can't talk about.

SixKeys
08-31-2014, 01:34 AM
Can anyone make an educated guess what this means for keyboard users on PC? All I really care about is how the new parkour up/down scheme will function.

Fatal-Feit
08-31-2014, 01:45 AM
Can anyone make an educated guess what this means for keyboard users on PC? All I really care about is how the new parkour up/down scheme will function.

Sure.

RIGHT-CLICK = RUN

Q = Parkour DOWN

E = Parkour UP

RIGHT-CLICK = RUN

SHIFT = Parkour DOWN

SPACE BAR = Parkour UP

SHIFT = RUN

LEFT CLICK = Parkour UP

RIGHT CLICK = Parkour DOWN

LoyalACFan
08-31-2014, 01:47 AM
I believe you will have one bomb and one ranged weapon equipped simultaniously. This is also confirmed by one of the things we can't talk about.

Must have missed that one ;)

SixKeys
08-31-2014, 01:53 AM
Sure.

RIGHT-CLICK = RUN

Q = Parkour DOWN

E = Parkour UP

RIGHT-CLICK = RUN

SHIFT = Parkour DOWN

SPACE BAR = Parkour UP

SHIFT = RUN

LEFT CLICK = Parkour UP

RIGHT CLICK = Parkour DOWN

I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibilities based on previous games' layouts. "Shift = Parkour Down" and "Space = Parkour Up" sounds most logical, but Space has traditionally been Jump and I don't know what would replace it. Unless jumping is entirely contextual?

Q and E have been used for Tools in the last two games and they sound too easy to get mixed up in a tight spot (like a chase).

Left click has always been Assassinate, so that can't be it. Right click should be Run though, that one I can already guess.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibilities based on previous games' layouts. "Shift = Parkour Down" and "Space = Parkour Up" sounds most logical, but Space has traditionally been Jump and I don't know what would replace it. Unless jumping is entirely contextual?

Q and E have been used for Tools in the last two games and they sound too easy to get mixed up in a tight spot (like a chase).

Left click has always been Assassinate, so that can't be it. Right click should be Run though, that one I can already guess.

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't the PC controls entirely customizable anyway? Can't you map it to whatever key you want?

SixKeys
08-31-2014, 01:59 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but aren't the PC controls entirely customizable anyway? Can't you map it to whatever key you want?

Yes, but I always default to the AC1-ACR control scheme (the old puppeteer system). So I'm trying to figure out how this would work if Unity allowed for the puppeteer approach.

Fatal-Feit
08-31-2014, 02:05 AM

The parkour up and down buttons should be mapped to the same scheme we've always had. Jump have either been removed, or was mapped to the parkour up button.

I mean, honestly, parkour up = climb, and parkour down = drop. All they did was altered it a little.

SixKeys
08-31-2014, 02:30 AM
The parkour up and down buttons should be mapped to the same scheme we've always had. Jump have either been removed, or was mapped to the parkour up button.

I mean, honestly, parkour up = climb, and parkour down = drop. All they did was altered it a little.

The only problem is that they've been switching the PC controls around a bit in recent years (for no apparent reason). Shift used to be Empty Hand/Drop, but then they made E the overall "Interact" button which meant replacing Shift. It was especially confusing to multiplayer fans because in MP Shift WAS still the drop button and E was used for abilities. So switching from SP to MP sometimes meant accidentally dropping a smoke bomb on a roof when you meant to lower yourself down. That's why I'm so confused right now.

Matt.mc
08-31-2014, 03:39 AM
I like the new control scheme.
I like that weapons/gadgets are on RB/LB. It was the same in Blacklist and it worked brilliantly. It's also cool that they're making the projectile (gun, phantom blade etc.) different from the bombs..
I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while, what is parry?

Layytez
08-31-2014, 03:49 AM
I like that weapons/gadgets are on RB/LB. It was the same in Blacklist and it worked brilliantly. It's also cool that they're making the projectile (gun, phantom blade etc.) different from the bombs..
Parry is basically blocking.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2014, 03:51 AM

Probably the parkour down button just like AC3.

Matt.mc
08-31-2014, 03:57 AM
Parry is basically blocking.

Gotchya, thanks.

SlyTrooper
08-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Gotchya, thanks.

More like blocking & stunning them. Arno might punch them in the face, for example.

naumaan
09-01-2014, 02:26 AM
that looks pretty amazing .. seems like a lot of hard work will have to be done to understand the controls ... its not easy shifting from one control mechanism to another .. and bdw where is the weapon select buton

Layytez
09-01-2014, 02:32 AM
that looks pretty amazing .. seems like a lot of hard work will have to be done to understand the controls ... its not easy shifting from one control mechanism to another .. and bdw where is the weapon select buton
Same way ACIV did it.