PDA

View Full Version : A man chooses, a slave obeys: Assassin and Templar philosophy.

Hans684
08-30-2014, 06:55 PM
This thread is for the grayness of their war, no good guys or bad guys in this thread. I still respect your opinion if it's black and white.

Now as some of you know I finished Bioshock(1 and 2) some time a go. And Andrew Rayan's quote made me think about the A vs T war and their philosophies. Both orders ultimate goal is peace but their way of getting it is different. My point is that both orders is slaves, they blindly follow either an order or creed that says "no you can't do that, it doesn't serve our purpose. It doesn't benefit us or our goal". They according to Andrew is parasites, destroying what their trying to do with their own creed/order. And before someone mentions the bad stuff Andrew did, think of Rapture before Elisabeth, Atlas and Lamb. Before it was driven to ruin by parasites. Both orders want a better future but only doom humanity with their creed/order, they want to "enlighten" the people for a "better future" when both is just as much of a flaw as their trying to end. How in the world can any of them be "good guys"? One is corrupt noble men taking liberties with their power(I don't want to name some people as an example for obvious reasons) and one is a group of killers using a creed(no better than terrorist then(let's not derail this thread with an IS discussion, it's just an example)) as justification for creating chaos for "greater good".

Now what is your take, discuss! And may the odds for even be in your favor.

TheHumanTowel
08-30-2014, 07:09 PM
I find it hard to see the connection between the Assassins and Templars and Bioshock. And you realise you're not supposed to agree with Andrew Ryan's philosophy? Given that Rapture's a dystopia and all.... Bioshock's a critique of Objectivism.

CoachAssassin
08-30-2014, 07:10 PM
People are different, creed or no creed. The entire idea is to not make a creed holy, justifying the personal errors of someone.

But yeah, #noconnorsequeluntil2020please.

*Hides*

Hans684
08-30-2014, 07:28 PM
People are different, creed or no creed. The entire idea is to not make a creed holy, justifying the personal errors of someone.

But yeah, #noconnorsequeluntil2020please.

*Hides*

I know but that's what both orders is doing, their treating their philosophy like something holy.

I find it hard to see the connection between the Assassins and Templars and Bioshock.

Not trying to make connections, just tearing down the Assassins Creed and Templars Order with one quote from Bioshock.

And you realise you're not supposed to agree with Andrew Ryan's philosophy? Given that Rapture's a dystopia and all.... Bioshock's a critique of Objectivism.

Never said I agreed, just used one quote. And I defiantly don't support stuff like using children as dystopia does.

TheHumanTowel
08-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Not trying to make connections, just tearing down the Assassins Creed and Templars Order with one quote from Bioshock.

Never said I agreed, just used one quote. And I defiantly don't support stuff like using children as dystopia does.
You obviously are making connections by saying the Assassins and Templars are parasites according to Andrew Ryan. I don't see how that label applies to either organisation given how parasites are described in Bioshock.

Hans684
08-30-2014, 07:44 PM
You obviously are making connections by saying the Assassins and Templars are parasites according to Andrew Ryan. I don't see how that label applies to either organisation given how parasites are described in Bioshock.

I said "according to Rayan". Didn't say I blindly believed everything he said(or did), i don't go In to details therefore I might appear as that but I'm enjoying Wiskey as we speak so you have to excuse my errors. And Jesus, it's just one quote.