PDA

View Full Version : A few small changes to the HUD and sound customisation

straty88
08-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Like many of the AC community, I love playing these games with as little HUD as possible. This is, in part due to how cluttered it can get and also because the worlds are just gorgeous. Anyways I recently read an article about AC4s HUD and in the writers words, "ways to make it more immersive". Here's the article for anyone interested: http://kotaku.com/how-to-make-assassins-creed-iv-more-immersive-1472744643

So after trying his settings out I noticed something I forgot about, which is when you mark something on the mini-map it comes up on the HUD. Thus allowing you to remove the mini-map while you're running around and when you want to get somewhere you can mark it etc. Here's what I'm referring to: http://gyazo.com/44f75c80555f8bc5e2ea30b10dd57cc8 (Picture doesn't want to work on this site for some reason, so I linked it instead)

The only problem with this, at least for me, is that this is tied to SSI. Which means whenever I'm in a fight I get the horrible red indicator above enemies heads. Which is not only annoying, it breaks immersion. So something I'd like to see, at least for future installments are for these two HUD elements to be separated into their own options. After-all the more customisation with HUD elements, the better imo.

Another thing I'd like to see an option for is, the option to turn off the SSI sound when you're being detected. It's just annoying and unfortunately it's tied to effects. Feel free to suggest other tweaks (To the HUD and sound) that you'd like to see here.

Sushiglutton
08-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Agree with you! One issue is that the SSI category is simply to broad. If I recall correctly the content in chests is also tied to SSI. This was an issue for me in BF as I had the SSI turned off, which meant I never knew what loot I got lol. Anyway there has been some discussion on the topic, hopefully the devs have tried to address it!

straty88
08-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Agree with you! One issue is that the SSI category is simply to broad. If I recall correctly the content in chests is also tied to SSI. This was an issue for me in BF as I had the SSI turned off, which meant I never knew what loot I got lol. Anyway there has been some discussion on the topic, hopefully the devs have tried to address it!

Yeah a number of the HUD elements tend to encompass a number of different elements. Which often change from game to game. I forgot about the looting in AC4 and assumed it was like AC3, which is tied to the updates screen. I did search the forum to try and find a similar thread but didn't have much luck. At least a fairly recent thread anyway.

Sushiglutton
08-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Yeah a number of the HUD elements tend to encompass a number of different elements. Which often change from game to game. I forgot about the looting in AC4 and assumed it was like AC3, which is tied to the updates screen. I did search the forum to try and find a similar thread but didn't have much luck. At least a fairly recent thread anyway.

I could be wrong, chest content may be tied to the "update" category (I checked this once, forgot what the result was). It's still annoying as there are plenty of junk in the update category like global leaderboards etc.

I don't think there was any thread about this recently, don't worry about it :).

straty88
08-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I could be wrong, chest content may be tied to the "update" category (I checked this once, forgot what the result was). It's still annoying as there are plenty of junk in the update category like global leaderboards etc.

I don't think there was any thread about this recently, don't worry about it :).

Oh for some reason when you said loot, I completely forgot about when you're looting guards and thought you meant the chests. I'm tired. :D

Either way being able to filter what comes up in the updates for example should be an option, along with many other small things. Means I won't press start to pause the game but instead open something that appeared in the updates. :)

And okay cool! :D