PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticed this in Liberations (possible spoilers)

LUR21
08-29-2014, 11:35 PM
That Aveline meets an Elise, who is fiery redhead with a French accent. It's around the right time frame? Or it's nothing.

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2014, 11:39 PM
She doesn't have a french accent. Or at least..she has a very very strange one I have never heard. She couldn't pronounce H. I thought that was like a Hungarian thing

And what are you proposing? That Elise from Liberation is the Elise from Unity??? ..

SixKeys
08-29-2014, 11:39 PM
It's Liberation, not Liberations.

The name thing isn't that strange. We've had two or three Marias already and Liberations' Elise was from Louisiana which was French colony. Just a coincidence.

LUR21
08-29-2014, 11:45 PM
It's Liberation, not Liberations.

The name thing isn't that strange. We've had two or three Marias already and Liberations' Elise was from Louisiana which was French colony. Just a coincidence.

Yeah thought it was a coincidence. Just checking.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 11:49 PM
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140814003334/samandcat/images/6/69/Its-conspiracy.jpg

guardian_titan
08-30-2014, 12:09 AM
There's nothing to it. Elise is a common name much like Mary, Anne, etc. Maria Thorpe was in AC1, Maria Auditore was in AC2, Maria (Ellen's daughter) was in AC3. Can't say I recall one in Liberation, or AC4. Something like half of the population for both sexes at the time had the same 10 names. Elise = Elizabeth which was very common at the time.

Realistically, you can't expect Ubisoft to not reuse names. You don't see that in real life so to see it in a game would be unrealistic. French also had a tendency to name their children for saints at the time. While I don't care much for religion in all honestly, there is a St. Elizabeth and Elise is a variation of Elizabeth (depending on where you look anyway).

New Orleans was a French colony before it became Spanish and eventually American. The actress might have had a Cajun accent and was attempting to make it more French-like. Can't say I particularly cared about her, though. I found the bayou boring and frustrating. Granted, I read the Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice when I was younger so maybe I'm just sick of New Orleans in general.

Liberation ends in 1777. All assumptions are that ACU will likely start around 1789. So theoretically, Aveline's Elise COULD be Arno's Elise, in all honestly, they're not. Aveline's Elise would be too old and would actually be old enough to be Arno's Elise's mother ... although that isn't likely, either.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2014, 04:41 AM
Her name was Elise Lafleur. Different person. Plus Aveline met her in like the 1760s and she was already at least in her 20s then. Unity's Elise is younger than Arno who was born in 1768 (I think) so the ages don't come close to matching up.

Landruner
08-30-2014, 02:10 PM
That question had been discussed already outside that forum during an interview, and they said it was not the same Elise. Besides, like follow LoyalACFan mentions above my post, it splits almost 30 years apart between AC Liberation and AC Unity, the young Elise saw in Unity would have been not born or a very young baby and her mid 30's in Unity. She looks in her 20s.