PDA

View Full Version : What are your concerns for Rogue?

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 07:26 PM
For me it's basically almost everything that came out untill now.

We play from a templars POV, but if you make the Assassins these evil mother****ers who did something terribly wrong you won't make it more greyish, you'll make those assassins evil and not assassin worthy, yet the templars stay the same, so I hope that gets avoided.

We get a story writer who has almost no involvement with ACBF, and I am afraid that this might be a hastily decided sequel to ACBF, which will make little sense for the period between ACBF and AC3 if you go deep enough on it. (aka should have given Darby LW).

Gameplay seems almost exactly the same as ACBF, with maybe 2-3 differences or same gameplay with a tiny new coating on it.

Amancio is not involved with this so all questions will be avoided untill it gets leaked and turns out to be meh.

Aphex_Tim
08-29-2014, 07:29 PM
That it exists.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 07:29 PM
My one problem is that it feels too recycled.

Oh and the music sounds recycled too with the Ezio family theme being crowbarred in.

As for the story and scenario I have no complaints.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 07:30 PM
My one problem is that it feels too recycled.

Oh and the music sounds recycled too with the Ezio family theme being crowbarred in.

As for the story and scenario I have no complaints.

There is music for rogue?

Matknapers18
08-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I completely agree. My biggest concern for Rogue is that it's going to kill the franchise. Although AC has a lot of haters, there's has never really been a bad game. Sure AC3 didn't live up to its hype but it wasn't bad. Just a disappointment. I'm scared that rogue is going to be an AC4 re-hash and get terrible reviews. From what we've seen so far, in my opinion, the game looks very poor. I got bored watching the gameplay. It's the first time I've watched gameplay from a new AC game and thought, "this doesn't appeal to me". I just hope that the AC franchise won't be treated in the same way that COD is treated by the gaming community.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Kill the franchise?

The game has Haytham.

That's impossible.

Matknapers18
08-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Kill the franchise?

The game has Haytham.

That's impossible.

Good point. AC Rogue = 10/10.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Kill the franchise?

The game has Haytham.

That's impossible.

Has Hough been confirmed though?

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Has Hough been confirmed though?

After his response to all the tweets basically yes I'd say.

@mat

You bet yo ayuss 10/10

Matknapers18
08-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Noah Watts confirmed as Haytham.

Hans684
08-29-2014, 07:43 PM
We play from a templars POV, but if you make the Assassins these evil mother****ers who did something terribly wrong you won't make it more greyish, you'll make those assassins evil and not assassin worthy, yet the templars stay the same, so I hope that gets avoided.

Disagree, if their not show at the same level the entire thing will be one sided and grayness would be road killed. Equal treatment and showing them equally bad will give more grayness, If the Templars is the only ones shown cartoon bad the grayness would be gone because then the other side would be the typical hero.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Oh and Assassins aren't going to be portrayed as "evil mofos"

not all, anyway.

Because there's no way Adewale or Achilles would be portrayed as 'evil' and they've pretty much been confirmed to be in the game.

Landruner
08-29-2014, 07:49 PM
I completely agree. My biggest concern for Rogue is that it's going to kill the franchise. Although AC has a lot of haters, there's has never really been a bad game. Sure AC3 didn't live up to its hype but it wasn't bad. Just a disappointment. I'm scared that rogue is going to be an AC4 re-hash and get terrible reviews. From what we've seen so far, in my opinion, the game looks very poor. I got bored watching the gameplay. It's the first time I've watched gameplay from a new AC game and thought, "this doesn't appeal to me". I just hope that the AC franchise won't be treated in the same way that COD is treated by the gaming community.

I don't think AC Rogue is going to kill the franchise, it just won't raise the barre for it.....

Note: The game was due for business purpose between the switch of the consoles generation - They provided accordingly with what they had in stock. AC unity is the big deal and AC Rogue is the filler.

OTOH, if ACU fails that is the end of it or the beginning of the end for the franchise.

Edit: And yes, AC franchise is already compared to CoD since 2011 and called by some Call of the Creed or or Assassin's Duty

Fatal-Feit
08-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Nothing, really. I'm 100% sure of what I'm getting into with Rogue. It's another Revelations, and I have no problem with that.

If Revelations didn't kill the franchise, Rogue won't even make a scratch since there's Unity.

Will_Lucky
08-29-2014, 07:55 PM
The Assassins evil? You mean the group that goes around casually killing our best leaders? Even if it means torching an entire city just to get one man. No, we glorious Templars shall lead you to a structured world of order where peace will reign. The Assassins ideology is flawed, how can one bring peace by waging a war against all of mankind by killing its leaders?

PaladinEagle
08-29-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm looking forward to this and Unity, don't think it will kill off the franchise, simply give it another avenue to explore and to be honest after the events of AC:BF I would like to see more about the Templars and their motiviations from their point of view rather than from the Assassin's viewpoint.

Journey93
08-29-2014, 08:07 PM
I think the story is definitely going to be great but its just such a shame that they are recycling so much from BF
they aren't even trying to hide it (like they did in the Ezio Saga) its almost as if the developers themselves don't give a **** about the game
I will wait for reviews

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
How are they going to handle the whole "now you are a templar thing". I hope they get the narrative right and everything

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
The game looks too much like BF as it does look almost exactly like it, but I will give it a chance and play the game first before making any rash statements.

Black Flag wasn't too bad after all.

How are they going to handle the whole "now you are a templar thing". I hope they get the narrative right and everything

I hope so too.

Xstantin
08-29-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't like the MP-looking line-of-sight circle thingy. Just whispers and Eagle vision work fine imo.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 09:08 PM
My biggest concern is that Ubisoft only uses Rogue as a cash grab, seeing the success Black Flag had and that the game doesn't have an interesting story, just more ships, shipwrecks and warehouses.

I'm not interested in new gameplay (we have Unity for that), I just want to have a thrilling story.

But that won't be the case... I hope. deep inside.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 09:09 PM
edit: sorry for double posting, how did that go?

TheDanteEX
08-29-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm more worried for Unity. It's taking risks while Rogue is playing it extremely safe.

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 09:34 PM
If Rogue does not have a good story it is not worth buying IMO. Gameplay wise I feel like a mask and ramming are not enough to make me want it instead of just replaying Black Flag ;)

Seriously Ubi, playing as a templar is not good enough, you need to deliver a great story and narrative to make it worth it.

poptartz20
08-29-2014, 09:41 PM
I must say I agree with most people on here and agree that looks like that it just a large rehash of AC4. With some new bells and whistles thrown on it.

Can we say "HOOKBLADE" again!?

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Also Shay looks FAT

why has no one complained about this?

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Also Shay looks FAT

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/915272-More-Accurate-Portrayal-of-Women

lol :p Weren't all people in the 18th century fat?

Megas_Doux
08-29-2014, 09:52 PM
That it exists.

This!!!!!

Pure greed at its best: An almost reused outfit, reused animations, reused hud, but the cardinal sin here is the fact the are reusing an ENTIRE location, one that was not exactly the cherry of the cake to begin with, the only major difference are some non burnt buildings of two storeys tall......

I find this game to be a bad version of AC IV and in a WAY less interesting location.

Namikaze_17
08-29-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm personally in agreement with everyone as I don't give a flying **** about the gameplay. It's just a terrible re-hash of BF.

However, I am REALLY interested in the story...more than Unity's actually.

The only thing that could kill it is if the story/ narrative is one-sided and black and white like ACB, or rather boring and forgettable like Liberation.

I actually wanna care for Shay...his choice to join the Templars, why he's proud of it, why he TRULY sees the Assassins as a hindrance or Cancer to the world.

And finally, I wanna feel the impact of when he's killed...whether it's Connor or someone else, I just want to see it happen with a good story, plot, and narrative.

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Also Shay looks FAT

Does he?

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Does he?

His coat is too poofy/wide.

look when he walks/runs in gameplay demo

looks like a chubster.

Bastiaen
08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
That, because I'll be playing Unity first, Rogue won't be any fun.

RinoTheBouncer
08-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Well if you ask me if Im happy to get Rogue alongside Unity this year, Ill say HELL YEAH, if Im happy that were experiencing the story from a Templars point of view, Ill see "YES! but I can assure you that a lot can go wrong with Rogue. So far, the gameplay doesnt seem to be very interesting. The locations are all borrowed from ACBF and ACIII cities and I wasnt a big fan of the cities of both games (except for the Frontier of ACIII which was epic), I wasnt even a big of sailing. The only things Im looking forward to are the story, modern day and the first civilization.

Im worried that the story pictures the assassins to be pure evil like how many AC games made the Templars look purely evil. That would be hypocritical cause you cant just make someone a random bad guy when youve been telling them that these are the good guys since 2007. I just hope the make the Assassins and Templars more morally ambiguous than purely good and evil, unless they have convincing justification for why this group of Assassin with whom Shay got in touch and eventually betrayed, are so evil.

Im also afraid that the First Civ. and Modern Day would take the back seat, cause honestly, those are my most favorite parts of AC games since the very first game.

Ureh
08-30-2014, 12:27 AM
My main concern about Rogue is carried over from AC4BF: Will we finally be able to bombard cities/villages with our ship?

My 2nd concern is the Puckle gun + boarding. Back in AC4 when we're boarding a ship, the swivel gun can only carry 5 shots. Will the puckle gun have extremely limited ammo or can we mow down the entire enemy crew?

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 12:59 AM

Games don't get bad reviews for being repeats. Just look at COD.

Shahkulu101
08-30-2014, 02:01 AM
- The setting. It just sounds boring; rehashed New York, The Seven Years war...mehhhh!

- Very similar to AC4 in a less interesting location.

- Gameplay looks very mediocre. The air rifle is a glorified blowpipe and just looks boring to use. Stealth infiltration is as basic as ever, the Assassin's trying to kill you looks pretty bad. That chase and combat scene with the Assassin was the epitome of AC's flawed gameplay - God knows why it was used in a trailer.

Landruner
08-30-2014, 03:11 AM
- The setting. It just sounds boring; rehashed New York, The Seven Years war...mehhhh!

- Very similar to AC4 in a less interesting location.

- Gameplay looks very mediocre. The air rifle is a glorified blowpipe and just looks boring to use. Stealth infiltration is as basic as ever, the Assassin's trying to kill you looks pretty bad. That chase and combat scene with the Assassin was the epitome of AC's flawed gameplay - God knows why it was used in a trailer.

Yes you are right and it seems reclining all assets from AB3 & 4BF and no offense to anyone because it actually is recycling the old stuff. but please look at AC/Unity, I am not sure that this one could even meet anyone expectation there.

I could be wrong, but i can already anticipate the future threads of he purist that are going to say (write) that it is not enough anticipate the future threads off the: casuals' that are going to say is too hard or lame because it is not like AC3 and 4 . (When I write casual it is not pejorative but I make a difference between the one that follow that franchise since 2006/7 ac1 and the ones that took the train by AC3 and AC4....).

Either the AC games stay for what they are or they change it the right right ways in listening to their fans of that they really want not listening their F arrogance of brainless "devs" they are,

AC reboot with Unity? well I do not thin so.
AC Rogue does offer the best of what that franchise so far can offer to us so far (no surprises arounf) , which is re-bashing stiff from AC1 7 years ago .
Now if we talk about other Ubisoft video game hit such as Far cry, Splinter cell, R6 and G-Recon or even Price of Persia I would be more optimistic than AC franchise. Ins hort I can't even imagine that those mainstream(s) in vedeo gaming are made from the same studio than AC franchise,

Sorry for being such an As... tonight I just can any longer see the point where that franchise id going too.

SixKeys
08-30-2014, 03:17 AM
My main concern, apart from the game looking like a quickly rehashed AC4, is that it looks much more action-oriented. Edward had a blowpipe that could take out one person at a time, Shay has a freaking gun that he just points at people and it instantly spreads poison gas over a large area. In the demo there were several moments Shay was being detected, but the player didn't even have to worry about that, he just blasted everyone to hell with gunpowder kegs or poison clouds. That sounds more like CoD than AC to me. I understand that the Templars' methods should be different from the assassins, but considering how much everything else about the game screams "clone" of all things associated with assassins, the decision to make the game practically a straightforward shooter reeks of lack of imagination.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2014, 04:07 AM
This game isn't going to kill the franchise, everyone chill the hell out. There were two full AC games in 2012 as well, and Liberation got pretty mediocre reviews. I'm expecting Rogue to be received similarly.

That said, I'm not looking forward to it, because from what they've shown, there's virtually NOTHING new. Playing as a Templar? Already did it in AC3. New weapons? Please, they're overpowered, BARELY reskinned variants of AC4's weapons. New setting? The ice looks cool, but everything else is just like AC3.

Beyond that (which are the main selling points of the game), what does this one have to offer? Looks like not much IMO. They should have just made a freaking Haytham game, Forsaken be damned. They already retold/retconned The Secret Crusade in ACR. I'm not buying the bulls**t line that it's "the cornerstone of the Kenway saga," well, if that were true it would star a friggin Kenway. They just needed an easy way to reuse assets, so they conveniently cooked up another dual-wielding pirate who mysteriously happens to be intimately connected to events in previous games but was somehow never mentioned. Rogue is just a hodge-podge of reused elements that don't seem to really fit well together. Not even the story appeals to me, since we already know essentially everything that happens; Shay and Haytham take down the Assassins. The only real question left is what happens to Shay, but seeing as how he looks to be a paper-thin revenge-based character I don't really give a damn what happens to him.

Edit- plus everything SixKeys said about it being an action game, that doesn't seem Templar-y to me at all.

CoachAssassin
08-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Honestly, playing as a templar is being misused in this game, purely to justify such a cheap rip off from ACBF/AC3. I mean, if we would play as Assassin X and just meet some new guys, 3/4th of the people would be raging about a DLC being shown as a 60 game. That exact reason makes me think it's going to be extremely conflicting and just a evil assassins vs good guy templars story. The people who wrote the characters of Adewale, Achilles etc. now have no influence on the game, so uh, it's going to be different anyways..

More and more I'm inclined to wait for Andy Gilleands version of the game, and stick to Unity. I REALLY can't justify paying 160 (payed 100 for BF) for what could have easily been ACBF + All DLC's.

MakimotoJin
08-30-2014, 11:56 AM
I think they should've added something from Unity.Maybe the combat,or free-run,something that would say "hey,liked that?Yeah,there's more.....in,you know,Unity.Why don't you buy it?".But still,I loved Black Flag and the naval combat.So making it better in a new map seems nice.But my main concern is that Shay probably won't put the hood on.Come on,he looks awesome in the CG wallpapers.

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 04:42 PM
I think they should've added something from Unity.Maybe the combat,or free-run,something that would say "hey,liked that?Yeah,there's more.....in,you know,Unity.Why don't you buy it?".But still,I loved Black Flag and the naval combat.So making it better in a new map seems nice.But my main concern is that Shay probably won't put the hood on.Come on,he looks awesome in the CG wallpapers.

The only thing they need from Unity is the crouch button. :)

FrankieSatt
08-30-2014, 04:47 PM
My concern that it's not for current gen consoles. I'm sorry, but creating a game for the XBox 360 only when you have current gen consoles means the game won't be played by alot of people. I actually kept my 360 while getting an XBox One. However, I won't buy a new game that is 360 only. If the game isn't for current gen consoles, I won't buy it. My XBox 360 is for old games, not current ones.

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 08:23 PM
My concern that it's not for current gen consoles. I'm sorry, but creating a game for the XBox 360 only when you have current gen consoles means the game won't be played by alot of people. I actually kept my 360 while getting an XBox One. However, I won't buy a new game that is 360 only. If the game isn't for current gen consoles, I won't buy it. My XBox 360 is for old games, not current ones.

Why so closed-minded? You have a 360, so you may as well get Rogue.

RinoTheBouncer
08-30-2014, 10:36 PM

Well maybe it’s annoying to turn or plug the old console again, but you’re already using it for old games, what’s so wrong with using it for Rogue?

FrankieSatt
08-30-2014, 10:50 PM

Well maybe it’s annoying to turn or plug the old console again, but you’re already using it for old games, what’s so wrong with using it for Rogue?

There is no excuse for the game to be on the 360 only when the current gen consoles are out. If they want to make it for the 360 as well as current consoles, fine.

Why would I want to buy a new game on an inferior console?

Fatal-Feit
08-30-2014, 10:52 PM

Because it's a good game?

Hell, why buy a game on a console when quality on the PC version is twice as good?

marvelfannumber
08-30-2014, 10:52 PM
There is no excuse for the game to be on the 360 only when the current gen consoles are out. If they want to make it for the 360 as well as current consoles, fine.

I dunno, I guess games released during the end of a consoles life span suck, what was I thinking? *Throws Banjo Tooie and Yoshi's Island out the winow*

....wait.....no, that ain't right......

FrankieSatt
08-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Because it's a good game?

Hell, why buy a game on a console when quality on the PC version is twice as good?

The PC games are just poor XBox ports now a days, that is why I stopped using the PC.

I dunno, I guess games released during the end of a consoles life span suck, what was I thinking? *Throws Banjo Tooie and Yoshi's Island out the winow*

....wait.....no, that ain't right......

Take AC Unity. That is coming out for next gen consoles only. What if they created it for the 360, who is going to buy that except for those without XBox One's? I wouldn't buy it for the 360.

Forza Horizon 2 will be out for the 360 and the XBox One. Guess what? Anyone who has an XBox One will not be buying it for the 360. Why would you?

The only reason Rouge is coming out on the 360 is because if it were on both consoles than it wouldn't sell that good on the 360.

The XBox 360 is for older games, not new games.

Landruner
08-30-2014, 11:16 PM

Last year Microsoft PRs said that they were going to support the 360 for 5 more years - (4 more years to go). And don't worry that game is going to be released sooner or later for PC and certainly for the "current gen" in HD version - wait, watch and see

RinoTheBouncer
08-30-2014, 11:19 PM

Maybe because the whole point of Rogue is to be released for “inferior” consoles... I’m sure they’ll port it any way but releasing 2 AC games on the same generation will make the current gen. players choose between this or that.

Fatal-Feit
08-30-2014, 11:19 PM
The PC games are just poor XBox ports now a days, that is why I stopped using the PC.

Ironically, it's just the opposite with these current-gen consoles. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my point still stands.

Megas_Doux
08-30-2014, 11:31 PM

I still have a PS3, but since I basically disagree with the mere existence of Rogue, I wont buy it......

SlyTrooper
08-31-2014, 05:24 PM
I still have a PS3, but since I basically disagree with the mere existence of Rogue, I wont buy it......

Then you will miss out.

Layytez
08-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Then you will miss out.
Not much to miss to be honest...

Hans684
08-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Not much to miss to be honest...

Depends on how you look at it.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2014, 10:21 PM
I mean, if Rogue is a surprise hit and it turns out to be a really good, unique game, I'll buy it later once I get burned out on Unity. But if it releases to fan backlash and critical panning, why bother with it? What are you really missing?

SlyTrooper
08-31-2014, 11:23 PM
I mean, if Rogue is a surprise hit and it turns out to be a really good, unique game, I'll buy it later once I get burned out on Unity. But if it releases to fan backlash and critical panning, why bother with it? What are you really missing?

What everybody must consider, which nobody other than me seems to have payed attention to, is that they are making missions more open. They are not the same as Unity, but they are less linear. They said that missions will be more like "here's an objective, go do it however you want". It sounds to me like most missions will be like blackbox missions. This removes one of the main problems ACIV had; it had too many tailing & eavesdropping missions which restricted our freedom. ACIV was at its best when it let us play the way we want, which is what Rogue seems to be going for (unless they lied). At the very least, I imagine they have removed most of the tailling & eavesdropping missions because they know we don't like them, as evident in interviews. AC's main issue has always been with its missions structure. Rogue has the potential to be a much better game than ACIV, simply by allowing us more freedom.

Ignacio_796
09-01-2014, 12:34 AM
What everybody must consider, which nobody other than me seems to have payed attention to, is that they are making missions more open. They are not the same as Unity, but they are less linear. They said that missions will be more like "here's an objective, go do it however you want". It sounds to me like most missions will be like blackbox missions. This removes one of the main problems ACIV had; it had too many tailing & eavesdropping missions which restricted our freedom. ACIV was at its best when it let us play the way we want, which is what Rogue seems to be going for (unless they lied). At the very least, I imagine they have removed most of the tailling & eavesdropping missions because they know we don't like them, as evident in interviews. AC's main issue has always been with its missions structure. Rogue has the potential to be a much better game than ACIV, simply by allowing us more freedom.

As i can tell, none of the Rogue devs said that you will have more freedom in missions than Black Flag. In fact, the phrase "here's an objective, go do it however you want" was said by Alex Amancio himself, creative director of Unity, refering to the Back Box mission system, which allow us to acomplish the objectives using the way we want.
I find very good that someone is excited and has high expectation about Rogue, a game that in general has recieved negative criticism, but saying that this game has any potential to be better (or different) than BF is going too far IMO. Ubi has not showed any prove (in interviews or gameplays) that shows us that this game is going to be original or an improve game over the previous installment. The fact that this game has been announced three months before its release indicates that is going to be an unimportant game.

The worst part is that Rogue has been announced as the end of the Kenway plot. After all this years with the Kenways, the end of their stories is gonna be contained in a mediocre game with the same gameplay, features and defects as BF. Ubi: Why the end of each saga (ezio trilogy or kenways saga) has to lack of originallity and to be dissapointing? cof..Revelations...cof

PD: sorry for the typos

SlyTrooper
09-01-2014, 12:52 AM
As i can tell, none of the Rogue devs said that you will have more freedom in missions than Black Flag. In fact, the phrase "here's an objective, go do it however you want" was said by Alex Amancio himself, creative director of Unity, refering to the Back Box mission system, which allow us to acomplish the objectives using the way we want.
I find very good that someone is excited and has high expectation about Rogue, a game that in general has recieved negative criticism, but saying that this game has any potential to be better (or different) than BF is going too far IMO. Ubi has not showed any prove (in interviews or gameplays) that shows us that this game is going to be original or an improve game over the previous installment. The fact that this game has been announced three months before its release indicates that is going to be an unimportant game.

The worst part is that Rogue has been announced as the end of the Kenway plot. After all this years with the Kenways, the end of their stories is gonna be contained in a mediocre game with the same gameplay, features and defects as BF. Ubi: Why the end of each saga (ezio trilogy or kenways saga) has to lack of originallity and to be dissapointing? cof..Revelations...cof

PD: sorry for the typos

I know Alex has said similar things about Unity, but the Rogue devs did say that.

Megas_Doux
09-01-2014, 01:32 AM

This!

Then you will miss out.

Unless the game turns out to be a sucessor of The last of Us in regards ot top AAA story, I ll pass.......Besides Im planning to upgrade my PC in order to play MUCH more promising games such as The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, hey even Unity! For which Im trying to hype the least, being honest. So Rogue is out of the budget.

Rogue has the potential to be a much better game than ACIV, simply by allowing us more freedom.

AC rogue has ALL the indications to be a huge cash cow:

1 An almost reused outfit.

2 Reused HUD.

3 Resued animations.

4 And the worst, a recycled location......You know, I was not pretty fond of the uber exciting bursting metropolis of NY during the XVIII century to begin with in AC III, and now they are offering us that SAME city 20 years before with the exception of a couple of non burnt buildings of two storeys tall, YAY!!!!!!!!

And if UBi is reaching the point of Recycling that many assets, even a freaking city, in order to meet the deadline, well........

I watched those two demos, and I might have been biased to begin with, but it felt like a bad version of AC IV, which is my favorite AC gameply wise BTW. The North Atlantic was fine, but it did not match what the caribbean meant to me, I already explained what I felt of NY and The River valley thing is the less interesting demo EVER......

SlyTrooper
09-01-2014, 02:03 AM
This!

Unless the game turns out to be a sucessor of The last of Us in regards ot top AAA story, I ll pass.......Besides Im planning to upgrade my PC in order to play MUCH more promising games such as The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, hey even Unity! For which Im trying to hype the least, being honest. So Rogue is out of the budget.

AC rogue has ALL the indications to be a huge cash cow:

1 An almost reused outfit.

2 Reused HUD.

3 Resued animations.

4 And the worst, a recycled location......You know, I was not pretty fond of the uber exciting bursting metropolis of NY during the XVIII century to begin with in AC III, and now they are offering us that SAME city 20 years before with the exception of a couple of non burnt buildings of two storeys tall, YAY!!!!!!!!

And if UBi is reaching the point of Recycling that many assets, even a freaking city, in order to meet the deadline, well........

I watched those two demos, and I might have been biased to begin with, but it felt like a bad version of AC IV, which is my favorite AC gameply wise BTW. The North Atlantic was fine, but it did not match what the caribbean meant to me, I already explained what I felt of NY and The River valley thing is the less interesting demo EVER......

Each to their own. But I am optimistic.

Conniving_Eagle
09-01-2014, 02:21 AM
It seems like it's going to be another Revelations. Both games introduced/are introducing like two new things. Interestingly enough, they can both be abbreviated as ACR.

Revelations Hook Blades, bomb crafting, den defense.

Rogue: Killing civillians and domesticated animals, some new ship weapons, dartgun/air rifle transition,Assassin Interceptions, and... Great Auks... I guess.

Of course, Revelations ended up becoming my favorite Assassin's Creed game prior to Black Flag. So I'm hoping that Rogue's saving grace will be a strong narrative... and Haytham.

Xstantin
09-01-2014, 02:23 AM
Rogue: Killing civillians and domesticated animals

Wait what

Conniving_Eagle
09-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Wait what

I thought that was pretty widely known. Much as I want this game to do good, I don't think realistically it can/will. They've said the same god damn crap over and over again. It's like they don't have anything to talk about (they are being pretty tight-lipped about the story though). "Yeah, you're a Templar now, so that's really reflected in the gameplay. You're no longer constrained by the creed. You're very much an "ends justify the means" type of guy. Thus, you can now kill civilians or use them to create a distraction."

I can't believe this is even being advertised; it's kind of pathetic. Civilians were never really in the way in AC. Except for that mission in AC3 where you had to chase down that Charles Lee ****er. But I can't ever remember being desynched from killing civilians accidentally.

killzab
09-01-2014, 07:39 AM
My concern :

Lack of hood for the templar outfit

RinoTheBouncer
09-01-2014, 12:46 PM
My concern :

Lack of hood for the templar outfit

Well the game is made to show the life of an Assassin who later becomes a Templar. So I think for sure the Templar outfit will lack a hood, because if it has one, it’s gonna feel out of place.

Legendz54
09-01-2014, 01:04 PM
No concerns.. story sounds interesting and it should be fun to play before Unity.

UniteUnderPower
09-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I think I'm really excited that we can kill civilians and domestic animals in this at no cost. Can't wait to run the streets of New York rampant with a grenade launcher in hand, murdering every man, woman, child, and that child's dog that I see. Should be some good fun. Also looking forward to hopping on a random fisherman's ship and murdering him just for the fun of it.

JustPlainQuirky
09-01-2014, 02:04 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-30-2014/eQF0Cj.gif

I take it back. Screw the recycled aspect.

I'm hyped as f*ck.

#butsrslymakethemusicoriginal #andthehud

killzab
09-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Well the game is made to show the life of an Assassin who later becomes a Templar. So I think for sure the Templar outfit will lack a hood, because if it has one, it’s gonna feel out of place.

They shoudn't have put it in trailers and the game cover then

pacmanate
09-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Framerate in the low 20's like AC3 and AC4 on PS3/360
Pop in issues
Draw distance

Don't care about graphics as they are good on last gen.

Layytez
09-01-2014, 02:41 PM
They shoudn't have put it in trailers and the game cover then
You may be able to wear your previous Assassin gear but his actual Templar outfit will remain hoodless probably.

killzab
09-01-2014, 02:45 PM
You may be able to wear your previous Assassin gear but his actual Templar outfit will remain hoodless probably.

But I hate it when they do that ! They showed him in his templar outfit with a beakless hood ! I want it this way ...

Layytez
09-01-2014, 02:47 PM
But I hate it when they do that ! They showed him in his templar outfit with a beakless hood ! I want it this way ...
Yeah I know but it may also be an alternative outfit so don't give up hope yet.

pacmanate
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Remember when everyone expected the Duncan Walpole outift to be able to wear anytime and that it would be patched in? lol.

Don't have your hopes up.

Hans684
09-01-2014, 04:01 PM

Or like Liberation you can buy a hood. If possible.

SlyTrooper
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I bet Shay will have the hood on his outfit when he first joins the Templars, but he will remove it once he fully embraces the Order.

Landruner
09-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I bet Shay will have the hood on his outfit when he first joins the Templars, but he will remove it once he fully embraces the Order.

.I betcha he will have the hood all along the game .. and I take the bets!

No source to collaborate my say, but just my intuitions...

GoldenBoy9999
09-01-2014, 07:36 PM
On paper Rogue sounded awesome. Combined with that and the cover and concept art I was more hyped for Rogue than Unity. Then the gameplay trailers came out. My hype dropped to a 3 out of 10. As I play AC4 I say to myself, you know this naval stuff is kinda getting repitive now but at least we have Unity next. Revelations was a sequel to my favorite game ever, Brotherhood and therefore Revelations was very entertaining. Rogue is a sequel to AC4 which was good but I didn't really want more of it. That naval demo didn't interest me and neither did the fort one.

The only thing that can save Rogue for me at this point (I post about this a lot) is a new frontier. The river valley demo showed some more naval and a familiar fort. I LOVE these two screenshots we have of the forest though. I want a gameplay demo inside the forest and then I'll be more hyped. I really hope it's open and not little island like places such as in AC4's halfway explorable world.

Before, I was determined to get Unity, play it first and then maybe get Rogue next summer. Now, with the delay of Unity I was thinking about getting them both on release but practically everyone is saying it'll come to current gen. I'd feel guilty for not getting the current gen version of Rogue. Another problem is that I don't know which you're supposed to play first. Also, if I play Unity I won't want to return to the old style of AC which is Rogue.

Some people are saying that the story will be very good but I don't want to pay $60 for a story I can hardly ever remember anyway. I don't want the game to be a chore. I want it to be good and have fun gameplay.

gnosis_guyver1
09-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I have no concerns for this title its everything i wanted and more also whos gonna voice Haytham please bring the original VA back.

Ureh
09-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah I just remembered that Havana had some boats sailing in the backdrop (played on ps3). But they were really really wierd... like 1990s graphics. So hopefully it doesn't happen again in Rogue.

Acrimonious_Nin
09-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I am concerned that they ended up making a last gen game with better functions and game mechanics than AC:U O.O Am I the only one that finds it strange that AC:Rogue has smarter assassins...this was never the case with ACIV when Edward was taking them out like nothing easier existed...I hope that AC:U being that they advertise it as "next-gen" comes with more than just a crouch button....and maybe smarter AIs like assassin enemies or templars...