PDA

View Full Version : What are your concerns for AC Unity?

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Seeing as I have a few concerns, I don't doubt you guys do as well, here are mine:

1. Content - This map of Paris is huge, I just hope it has enough stuff to make each district worthwhile. Boston and New York had open areas with nothing in them, the Frontier was pretty bare and so was a section of Havana that had 1 contract in (think it was to the north of the map).

2. Draw distance - AC3 had a horrible draw distance, both on PC and Consoles. You could say AC4 improved this but remember that all cities were quiet small and the ocean was just.... water. The reason I bring this up again is due to the size of the map.

3. Parkour glitches (glitches in general) - The gamescom demo that we saw had a fair few glitches. The crowd glitching was horrible and the parkour animations clipped through a lot of the buildings, not to mention the floating arno to gargoyle thing.

What are your concerns?

Only use official videos as examples for your concerns or past games etc etc

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 05:04 PM
My concerns:

-Being required to use AC initiates or a Companion App in order to 100% the game or access content in the game.
-Having that Blue Blending Circle unable to be disabled
-Having that immersion-breaking morph "disguise" skill make it into the final game.
-Having the Modern Day restricted to interface format with crappy voice overs and 'hacking' minigames.

Edit:

Didn't see the no inclusion of rumors requirement. My bad. Ignore the first one then.

Edit 2:

Included modern day.

jayjay275
08-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Not Having Ambient Music - Immersion Breaker
Draw Distance - Breaks Immersion and atmosphere
What the hell is up with the crowd popping, and a BLENDING CIRCLE & DISGUISE "SKILL"!?!?

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Modern Day (my most favorite part that Iím worried that it sucks even harder than ACIV)
Modern Day
Modern Day
Modern Day

and

Modern Day

as well as

First Civilization (my 2nd most favorite part and Iím so worried that they make it so minimal)
Disguise Skill
Too many pop ups and highlights
The Story (Iím excited about it, but Iím afraid that it turns out to be too minimal or too self-contained)
The Rift gameplay seems like an Assassinís Creed-themed Jak and Daxter or Crash Bandicoot.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 05:11 PM
OH SHOOT how could I forget modern day?

I hope it's not just an interface w/ voice overs n' "hacking" like rumors imply. I hope in the very least it's like ACIV even if I didn't like ACIV's modern day.

Because it's better than being restricted to some interface.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 05:11 PM
1. lack of variety for side content and too little of it throughout Paris
2. no ambient music during free roam
3. huge fps drops on PlayStation (although Black Flag did a pretty good job)
4. disguise skill is bs
5. crowds are still bugged as hell in the final version

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 05:13 PM
If you guys don't like the disguise skill... just don't use it? I don't know what it is though but if its something you can choose like the others, just dont use it

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 05:15 PM
It's not the choice to use it that's the problem. it's the fact that it exists. conceptually it makes no sense.

but that's for the disguise debate thread.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 05:16 PM
If you guys don't like the disguise skill... just don't use it? I don't know what it is though but if its something you can choose like the others, just dont use it
:rolleyes: Okay then...

4. afraid the disguise skill will play a major role in the game (which means be something like an 'optional objective' or direct mission objective)

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 05:16 PM
It's not the choice to use it that's the problem. it's the fact that it exists. conceptually it makes no sense. but that's for the disguise debate thread.

But I don't understand... why is it existing a problem if you don't use it? What is it anyway?

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 05:17 PM
check the "disguise thread" and read/write there.

I'm too tired to go back into that debate anyway. People continuing for me.

On-topic:

I guess another concern would be lack of modern day plot progression. I.E. another game we don't get to punch Juno in the face.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Hmm..

1. Modern day
2. The blue blending circle
3. Glitches, glitches, glitches? *gulp*
4. What if the story is not all it's cracked up to be?
5. I don't mind if the graphics are downgraded a bit, but if it's something that looks like it's running on a last gen console, that'll be disappointing.
6. Kinda afraid of the combat. I really don't want to encounter AC1-like combat >_<;;

jayjay275
08-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Can we play as Connor is another...... DLC.. perhaps?

TheHumanTowel
08-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Can we play as Connor is another...... DLC.. perhaps?
They've pretty concretely said no you can't and there most likely won't even be mention of him.

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Can we please not turn this into another Connor thread.

I want Unity concerns.

jayjay275
08-29-2014, 05:35 PM
They've pretty concretely said no you can't and there most likely won't even be mention of him.

A man can dream. :D

Another concern is the soundtrack, because blimey, thus far there is only one track that has impressed me.

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 05:38 PM
A man can dream. :D

Another concern is the soundtrack, because blimey, thus far there is only one track that has impressed me.

Oh yeah.. soundtrack. That thing is so hit and miss at the moment. Hopefully, in context, they will be better.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
The need for some actual rooftop action.. If it isn't there, I'll be heavily dissapointed.

I'm also going to be dissapointed if the black box concept is going to be liniear and dull and repeatitive.

jayjay275
08-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Oh yeah.. soundtrack. That thing is so hit and miss at the moment. Hopefully, in context, they will be better.

I'm expecting them to be, all we can do now, is wait.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 05:45 PM
Though the soundtrack sounds bland to me so far, it's not too much of a big deal for me.

I tend to only notice how good music is when listening to OSTs on youtube.

The only exceptions being when Haytham climbs the mast in AC3, when Ezio climbs with his brother in AC2, when Adewale synchronizes in Freedom Cry, and when Connor is defending the village in episode 1 on ToKW.

Assassin_M
08-29-2014, 05:59 PM
My only concern is the developers' trust. From the gamescom demo, everything seems to be told to the player--the mod missions are scattered around on the map and it tells you what to do, i think that way it'll feel more like a check list and less like an opportunity gauge.
Like I said before, a bare outline would be awesome at the start of every mission. "10 entrances, 10 exits and 1 special assassination" we should be able to FIND these things on our own afterwards.

straty88
08-29-2014, 06:10 PM
My only concern is the developers' trust. From the gamescom demo, everything seems to be told to the player--the mod missions are scattered around on the map and it tells you what to do, i think that way it'll feel more like a check list and less like an opportunity gauge.
Like I said before, a bare outline would be awesome at the start of every mission. "10 entrances, 10 exits and 1 special assassination" we should be able to FIND these things on our own afterwards.

Pretty much this!

Sigv4rd
08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm not a fan of the new "Death Flash Back" thing that happens when you assassinate a target, I preferred the death conversations.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I like the flashbacks.

Can't wait to stab Elise and see a flashback of her writing a confession to Arno of how much she loves him. :rolleyes:

Xstantin
08-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Social Events/Community Challenges or something like that if it happens.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-29-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm not a fan of the new "Death Flash Back" thing that happens when you assassinate a target, I preferred the death conversations.

Yes, Im gonna miss the death conversations, but I'm open to see what this flashback death is gonna be about.

rob.davies2014
08-29-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm worried the weird non-French accents are going to ruin the game for me. I'm not exaggerating, it really grates me.

The disguise skill.

I hope the icons which appear when on rooftops is button-activated.

I hope if they are automatic that I can disable them.

king-hailz
08-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Modern day!!!!
Soundtrack!!!!
Story!!!!

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 07:01 PM
1. Disguise skill.
2. Blue Circle.
3.Combat still being too easy despite what they had said.
4. No accents.

Basically everything that might break inmersion

4. Glitches of course.
5. Too much emphasis on Modern Day...could not care less about Modern Day.

Sushiglutton
08-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Over all I'm very excited for Unity, wanted to say that first :D!

Ok here we go:

1) Intrusive inclusion of "social features": Now I undertand some suits are pushing for having stuff like unlocking chests by connecting to the companion app/Initiates. They probably don't understand how junk like that taints the experience. Hopefully this is kept to a minimum and won't have any significant negative impact on the game.

2) Unfinished game/bugs: The crowd footage and the two weeks delay worry me a little bit that the game will release in a state that feels somewhat unfinished and buggy. AC3 should not have been released when it was. Let's hope Ubi won't repeat that misstake for yet another innovative title. I'm just worried the AC yearly release schedule is too important for them to disrupt, just to properly finish the game.

3) Annoying visual elements: We have seen stuff the blend circle and high ground feature that both annoy me. I wonder if features such as these will be possible to turn off. A more detailed HUD customization, including all artificial elements, would be extremely welcome and is very important to me!

4) Copy/pasted generic side content: Hoping to see a deviation from the FarCry 3/AC4/WD formula for OW games that Ubi currently has going on. Go for less, but more meaningful. Don't flag every piece of content so hard. Let the player discover things for himself. Don't spam the map with gameplay snippets that are just not that very fun to do. Make sure all organized content reaches a certain level and let the rest be systemic!

Landruner
08-29-2014, 08:39 PM
1. Disguise skill.
2. Blue Circle.
3.Combat still being too easy despite what they had said.
4. No accents.

Basically everything that might break inmersion

4. Glitches of course.
5. Too much emphasis on Modern Day...could not care less about Modern Day.

6. You forgot Social and Community challenges and connection AC Initiates to get your 100% Synch (Rumor or not, your have no fire without smoke)
7. Dozen of activity icons while on the roof of Paris (Wheras you could get them in activating the eagle vision,but nope they are there no matter what)
8. No horses (for an 1:1 Scale of Paris simulator it is going to be a lot of running and dam it, it was so fun to assassinate people from the horse, ACB I miss you)
9. AC3 syndrome (Not Connor, just AC3)
10: "Ubistorally: inaccurate ( Ubisoft tend to try to be too serious with its historical settings, whatever they were some amazing stuff that did exist and could have been brought to the gameplay) - AC3 missed a lot of hysterical opportunities fused with game-play, Ex: The turtle - sea monster, the Bigfoot, the menageries which were present and accurate at that period of time and Location and we got grape instead of learning something - AC4BF pirate had tomahawks and naval axes, caltrop grenades (like ACR) and other coll weaponry and we got swords and pistols, and ..... a blow pipe?)

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 09:43 PM
6. You forgot Social and Community challenges and connection AC Initiates to get your 100% Synch (Rumor or not, your have no fire without smoke)
8. No horses (for an 1:1 Scale of Paris simulator it is going to be a lot of running and dam it, it was so fun to assassinate people from the horse, ACB I miss you)

Oh these two...social challenges, such a ridiculous thing. And seriously...horse assassinating was one of the funniest things to do in Brotherhood.

m4r-k7
08-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Honestly all I am concerned about are glitches. Every demo there have been obvious glitches which ruin the immersion. I am glad they delayed it but honestly I don't think they will fix enough of the glitches. Some I've seen so far:
1. NPC looking clueless, walking in wrong direction.
2. Enemies having spaz attacks when they die.
3. Crowd morphing. Every time!
4. Parkour looking weird
5. Crowd not moving out the way when walking through them.
6. Alert icon not going away for ages
7. NPCs suddenly appearing out of thin air
8. Co op synchronised assassin kills abit out of sync in the demo

Probs more. Really like the games direction but honestly I don't have faith that it will be polished (sorry ubi!)

P. S I will still enjoy the game loads though.

Landruner
08-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Honestly all I am concerned about are glitches. Every demo there have been obvious glitches which ruin the immersion. I am glad they delayed it but honestly I don't think they will fix enough of the glitches. Some I've seen so far:
1. NPC looking clueless, walking in wrong direction.
2. Enemies having spaz attacks when they die.
3. Crowd morphing. Every time!
4. Parkour looking weird
5. Crowd not moving out the way when walking through them.
6. Alert icon not going away for ages
7. NPCs suddenly appearing out of thin air
8. Co op synchronised assassin kills abit out of sync in the demo

Probs more. Really like the games direction but honestly I don't have faith that it will be polished (sorry ubi!)

P. S I will still enjoy the game loads though.

Good points raised above +++

SixKeys
08-29-2014, 11:17 PM
-The blue blending circle
-Crowd behavior, animations, pop-ins etc.
-Enemy AI and combat
-Wealth of side content. Paris is frickin' huge, they really need to fill it up with stuff to do or it'll end up like the Frontier
-Forced social content/community challenges like AC4
-Modern day

rprkjj
08-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Bugs mostly. That and a lack of good side missions. I also hope a certain companion app doesn't intrude to much on the main experience. Wink wink.

RinoTheBouncer
08-30-2014, 12:15 AM
In addition to Modern Day, First Civ. and the story in general as well as the terrible disguise skill and the immersion-breaking circles, highlights and pop-up, I think the side missions have always been uninteresting and very repetitive. I don’t need to beat up people in every Tavern to unlock it or collect pointless items that unlock nothing or see the map with a hundred board game activity icon, nor do I need to do the same type of side missions for about 20 times in 2-3 variations.

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 01:03 AM
It's not the choice to use it that's the problem. it's the fact that it exists. conceptually it makes no sense.

but that's for the disguise debate thread.

Please everybody stop saying that it doesn't make sense. I've provided a perfectly logical reason why it does make sense, & that only took me 5 seconds to think of. Ubi have this covered... Stop worrying!

Shahkulu101
08-30-2014, 01:41 AM
- Terrible AI like past games that will make the stealth bad.
- Combat won't be as challenging as they claim.
- Mod missions are pointed out to us instead of letting us find it ourselves, leads me to believe there will be more handholding.
- Side content will focus on quantity, not quality - like most Ubisoft games these days.
- Chests that are locked to certain websites so we have to access them by doing something other than play the game...
- The soundtrack may not be very good
- The story. Sounds interesting but love story's are difficult to pull off in video games.

UniteUnderPower
08-30-2014, 03:03 AM
Too many online-only features and modern-day not moving forward. I hope that they don't have too little modern-day sequences :(

Ureh
08-30-2014, 03:12 AM
Yeah we need to start exploring some firstciv vaults in the modern day. And maybe give us the bleeding effect.

UniteUnderPower
08-30-2014, 03:37 AM
Yeah we need to start exploring some firstciv vaults in the modern day. And maybe give us the bleeding effect.

Agreed! Something I thought was going to happen a long time ago, but I was sadly let down :(

LoyalACFan
08-30-2014, 04:15 AM
Basically, I'm only really worried about glitches. I'm sold on the core gameplay, the story, and the setting. The music I've heard hasn't really blown my hair back yet, but it's pretty decent. I'm just worried that it will be full of gamebreaking bugs. AC3 was the last AC game that really took a big step forward like Unity is doing, and I encountered so damn many glitches in that game... Many of them still aren't fixed either, like the dual holsters bug (every time you enter a loading screen your second pistol will revert to the Pitcairn-Putnam one) and of course the random freezing, guards getting stuck in the environment making objectives impossible to complete... y'know.