PDA

View Full Version : Joystick lag

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 06:59 PM
I have an old microsoft non-usb stick and have always noticed with IL2 and FB a (sometines slight, sometimes very annoying) delay in the trigger buttons. It's sometimes so bad, I use the keyboard controls to fire guns and drop bombs. I've never flow a real fighter, so I don't know if this is modelling an actual delay, or if it is a "bug" or compatability problem with my joystick I've also wondered if it would be better if i switched to a usb stick. Do other people have this problem with IL2/FB?

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 06:59 PM
I have an old microsoft non-usb stick and have always noticed with IL2 and FB a (sometines slight, sometimes very annoying) delay in the trigger buttons. It's sometimes so bad, I use the keyboard controls to fire guns and drop bombs. I've never flow a real fighter, so I don't know if this is modelling an actual delay, or if it is a "bug" or compatability problem with my joystick I've also wondered if it would be better if i switched to a usb stick. Do other people have this problem with IL2/FB?

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Never heard that problem in IL-2 .i think you should buy a new jostick. Saitek x45 is quite good and in reasonable prise.

Message Edited on 06/30/0308:05PM by Nikodemus-LH

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Could be your joystick or a system lag problem,might i suggest you post your problem with your system spec's on the tech board....

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Zoomar,
And I expect you have a Creative SoundBlaster Live card, use the gameport and the stick might be a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro (or similar)?

I've the same problem! Very frustrating, especially when closing on enemy (3-200meters) for first time, he breaks, I hit trigger, nothing happens and then bullets/cannon erupt into empty space. Seems to be the sound equivalent of the famous graphics 'stutters'.

Kit is: XP home, Athlon 1900+, 1Gig meg, GeForce4 Ti 4400.

I've played with multiple settings but can't get rid of the trigger lag. Suspect it is the sound card and gameport combination that is causing the delay. I have no solution.

The FB patch is coming with improved sound, so, I'm going to wait a while, investigate new sound and probably replace the sound card with Audigy 1 before I replace the joystick.

Good luck with your choice, whatever it may be.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Same problem with USB X45. The delay is really small, but definately noticable. After a while, you'll get used to it.

<font face="Courier New">
&nbspBaldieJr
_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.
Whiners don't play vulchers
(er, winners)
</font>