PDA

View Full Version : As Above So Below - The Philosopher’s Stone and Assassin’s Creed

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone,
I just got back from the cinema, watching As Above So Below movie. It’s a horror flick about a Lara Croft-like lady who’s following her father’s footsteps in finding the Philosopher’s Stone and she explores different catacombs and ancient tunnels in Iran and then she goes to Paris to do more research with a friend there about a tablet that could link to what she found in Iran and the location of the Philosopher’s Stone, whom they discover to be somewhere underneath Paris.

Anyway. Long story short, we end up in the catacombs and tunnels beneath Paris and some crazy-eh*t start to happen, psychological thriller stuff from entering a pathway and finding yourself back to the same point even though it goes straight and from seeing your worst nightmares or guilt from the past come to life as well as some anomalies that defy the laws of gravity and physics..etc. and at some point we find the corpse of a man dressed in a white outfit with a large red Templar cross on it and the corpse hasn’t aged a bit and they said it’s the effect of the Philosopher’s Stone and this man was found in a room that is locked by an Ancient Egyptian type of lock and an eagle symbol nearby.

I know this could be a stretch as not every eagle is Assassin’s Creed but I’m just saying that a Templar Cross, an Eagle, Paris, The Philosopher’s Stone and it’s supernatural abilities to completely heal someone of the team members’ wounds like they never happened and reviving one of the team members as well, I could be wrong but maybe the Piece of Eden we’re seeking now is The Philosopher’s Stone or perhaps there’s something about the Templars using Egyptian-like tombs beneath Paris tunnels 600 years ago, so there could be something like that an AC that we could stumble upon.

We eventually go to the place it where the stone is kept and the whole psychological stuff start happening more frequently and we even find torches still lit claiming that the stone can keep the flame alive.

I think since we have Napoleon who eventually goes to Egypt and he owns that Apple of Eden at some point, could somehow want to excavate these tunnels or could’ve know about something related to Egyptian mythology from these tunnels that he went all the way there to see what it’s all about..etc.

I thought the whole thing had some references so I thought I’d share and discuss these stuff with you guys.
Feel free to discuss.

wvstolzing
08-29-2014, 12:06 AM
I may be utterly wrong, but I seem to remember 'The Philosopher's Stone' being mentioned in *some* capacity in AC, either the games or the comics, or the stuff on Initiates.

Could it be the John Dee episode that became an 'Abstergo file' on the 'employee's floating tablet' in AC4?

Ureh
08-29-2014, 12:18 AM
I may be utterly wrong, but I seem to remember 'The Philosopher's Stone' being mentioned in *some* capacity in AC, either the games or the comics, or the stuff on Initiates.

Could it be the John Dee episode that became an 'Abstergo file' on the 'employee's floating tablet' in AC4?

Yeah I remember that too. It had something to do with turning anything into gold, or something like that. :p

Locopells
08-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Am I the only one who expected a Harry Potter crossover here?!

Will have to check the movie out.

wvstolzing
08-29-2014, 12:22 AM
They wouldn't miss the 'Phil.s Stone'; seeing how eager they are to incorporate all manner of mysterious objects of legend, from the 'Antikythera Mechanism' to the sword of Siegmund.

They must be employing some hardcore conspiracy/occult-heads among the writers. If there were any aliens in the 'franchise' I would've suspected Dan Aykroyd himself.

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Am I the only one who expected a Harry Potter crossover here?!

Will have to check the movie out.

Harry Potter?
Yeah check the movie out. It’s worldwide release date is August 29th, but in Amman, they premiered it today. It’s a decent film and it’s scary.

Thanks for mentioning this. It would be really interesting to see them bring this up. I mean Abstergo ignored the Holy Grail since ACI. We were told that they don’t even have an evidence that it’s real, so they’re moving on to something else, which was the Apple of Eden at that time. So perhaps they can bring this up directly or indirectly.

Locopells
08-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Harry Potter?

...and the Philosopher's Stone. Book, film, etc?

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 12:39 AM

Never been a follower of the series whether in books or films, but I assume I’ve heard of the title. Anyway, I’d wish it gets done in a way that it looks more scientific than magical. I have nothing against magic or any spiritual stuff as I’m a religious man myself but I love how AC twisted most conspiracies and anomalies and scientifically translated based on the First Civ. mythology.

RA503
08-29-2014, 01:30 AM
The philosofer stone is created from Book of Abraham that appear in the project legacy

the cristal skull, and the cristal ball are things that appear first in the project legacy before they debut in a main game of the series, the elisabeth jane weston memory in the castle of plague is included as a extra in black flag and stars this book.

this is not coincidence, the book is writed by nicholas flamel that is french.

black flag highly foreshadows that, not only in this memory but in the collectibles as well.

Megas_Doux
08-29-2014, 02:29 AM
It could work!

king-hailz
08-29-2014, 09:37 AM
What if the philosopher's stone is what is in the box! OMG! What do you think????

Mr_Shade
08-29-2014, 11:00 AM

Was my first thought too looking at the title..

I was hoping we get to assassinate Ron..

[JOKE!]

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 11:11 AM
The philosofer stone is created from Book of Abraham that appear in the project legacy

the cristal skull, and the cristal ball are things that appear first in the project legacy before they debut in a main game of the series, the elisabeth jane weston memory in the castle of plague is included as a extra in black flag and stars this book.

this is not coincidence, the book is writed by nicholas flamel that is french.

black flag highly foreshadows that, not only in this memory but in the collectibles as well.

Flamel was mentioned in the film. In fact, it is said that he designed his own tombstone/epitaph and he left the clues for it on the back of the tablet.