PDA

View Full Version : Arno Master Assassin Robe not long enough.

aDoozyy
08-28-2014, 11:42 PM
As a religious player of all of the previous assassins creed games, one small complaint I have is with Arno's outfit. The initial look of his robes in the very first gameplay video at E3 looked great. I've noticed that the robes length was cut to about the knees, revealing more of the boots. To me, this looks terrible. The boots look very stiff and clunky, not stealthy at all. I prefer the robe to be longer and flowing. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me on this or even noticed but I really had to say something. I hope you guys view this thread and take into consideration my thoughts.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:47 PM
It is said that you can even customize the length of the coat, see how it fares in the end, though. And I agree with you, the prefer the E3 version of it.

Sushiglutton
08-28-2014, 11:48 PM
He looked a bit like a walking curtain in the E3 demo. I prefer the new look personally.

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 11:50 PM
They shortened the robe due to clipping.

Where was it said we could customise the robe length?

aDoozyy
08-28-2014, 11:52 PM
It is said that you can even customize the length of the coat, see how it fares in the end, though. And I agree with you, the prefer the E3 version of it.

Thats a relief to hear.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Thats a relief to hear.

Dont take that for granted yet, it might change.

aDoozyy
08-28-2014, 11:55 PM

Alright. I've got my fingers crossed.

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 11:56 PM

I ask again, where was this said?

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Where was it said we could customise the robe length?

During the last podcast somebody asked that and they answered "there are many customization options blah blah blah". But you know how this works.....

Ureh
08-29-2014, 12:00 AM
I ask again, where was this said?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130103224418/assassinscreed/images/d/d4/ACIII-Bitterend_11.png

I ask again: where are the supplies?!

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 12:01 AM
During the last podcast somebody asked that and they answered "there are many customization options blah blah blah". But you know how this works.....

So... no one said robe length ,you just assumed that. It was never "said that you can customise robe length".

You lied to us all.

Megas_Doux
08-29-2014, 12:05 AM
So... no one said robe length ,you just assumed that. It was never "said that you can customise robe length".

You lied to us all.

In the podcast somebody asked about the reason of E3´s outfit being different to that of Gamescom´s and they answered " there are many customizations options" and all that stuff. That why wrote "it is said"......

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2014, 12:17 AM
There are quite a few things I didn't like about the games com demo. Other than the muddy textures downgraded from E3. But hopefully it wasn't a downgrade, just xbox lol.

1. That stupid *** blend circle.
2. The way guards walk and react to events like smoke bombs. No emotion. They walk like they have an entire forest up their rears.
3. Draw distance and aliasing: both hay muy terible
4. hay stack textures...like seriously though
5. Why did they make the crouching camera so weird and off center?

Matt.mc
08-29-2014, 12:54 AM
I agree about the guards. The way they react and walk in AC games have always annoyed me.Never could believe they were actual characters, lifeless...

HiddenKiller612
08-29-2014, 12:55 AM
dafuq does religion have to do with the length of a robe on a fictional character?

mgg93
08-29-2014, 01:14 AM
There are quite a few things I didn't like about the games com demo. Other than the muddy textures downgraded from E3. But hopefully it wasn't a downgrade, just xbox lol.

2. The way guards walk and react to events like smoke bombs. No emotion. They walk like they have an entire forest up their rears.

Completely agreed with your first point. They made it SO perfect in the E3 demo, with that ghost effect when you are blending. And now, a huge circle around you that breaks any possible immersion. Arno's new robes also bother me. I loved the long ones, and they have been replaced as well as the ghosty blending effect :(

pacmanate
08-29-2014, 01:21 AM
dafuq does religion have to do with the length of a robe on a fictional character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YGR7FlK9Q

m4r-k7
08-29-2014, 01:23 AM
I too think he looked like a curtain in the e3 demo, I like that they cut it abit personally. I doubt you will be able to enlarge it but I am sure there are other outfits that are as long as the e3 outfit.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-29-2014, 01:50 AM
They should have both in the game. E3 and new. It was already in there just leave it and "boom" new item added. :)

GoldenBoy9999
08-29-2014, 01:58 AM
What podcast are you guys referring to? Is it the Initiates one?

xxtonypunk96xx
09-04-2014, 01:14 AM
I listened to the newest initiates podcast but there was no mention of the costume change :/ I really fell in love with the costume design in the E3 demo so I'm hoping that's just the generic outfit and they give the choice of making your Arno look like he did at E3.

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 02:45 AM
I like this new one. At first I didn't, but when I go back now I can't stand it being that long.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-04-2014, 03:13 AM
I hope we can get a belt in-game that goes inside the robes/coat as well. His trailer costume just seems so practical and simple that is why I like it. Maybe they can make the trailers one an outfit instead.

JustPlainQuirky
09-04-2014, 03:20 AM
I didn't even notice a difference.

LoyalACFan
09-04-2014, 03:26 AM
I didn't even notice a difference.

Of course you didn't, you were ogling Shaytham the whole time

JustPlainQuirky
09-04-2014, 03:34 AM
True.

rickprog
09-04-2014, 03:36 AM
I like both outfits, but if there were major clipping issues with the longer coat then I'd rather have the short one. Most likely I'll change it to some other down the road, anyways.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Clipping in AC is nothing new. Perhaps they cut it to cut time and focus some where else. But seriously, we look at the character 24/7 when playing so wouldn't the character's clothes/animations be just as important instead of taking shortcuts? I liked them long and from what I can tell there are going to be at least four robes/outfits that have long bottms.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-04-2014, 07:01 AM

What's the point of making a jab at Xbox? I'm pretty sure they've updated the console to have 1080p. Heck, the Master Chief Collection will be running at 1080p/60fps.

I believe it's still much easier to hit 1080p on PS4 than Xbox but it's not like Xbox is completely content with taking a backseat. I'm pretty sure Ubi could get the game to run at 1080p on both consoles.

Also... a lot of demos at shows like these actually run on PC. If that's the case, it vary well may be a downgrade. I hope not. It probably is but I hope not. The game at least still looks pretty but I'd rather it not be backpedaled at all naturally.

On topic... I much prefer the longer coat from the E3 demo. I don't care about a little clipping when it looks so good. Perhaps they could compromise and do something in the middle of the E3 long robes and newer short robes. Anyway, I hope we have longer and shorter robes to choose from..

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 07:19 AM
=I believe it's still much easier to hit 1080p on PS4 than Xbox but it's not like Xbox is completely content with taking a backseat. I'm pretty sure Ubi could get the game to run at 1080p on both consoles.

Getting it to run at 1080p on X1 would require a drastic downgrade in quality, in my opinion. I mean, they couldn't even get 1080p on Assassin's Creed IV or Watch_Dogs. And what they have now isn't a very stable 30 fps.

Also... a lot of demos at shows like these actually run on PC. If that's the case, it vary well may be a downgrade. I hope not. It probably is but I hope not. The game at least still looks pretty but I'd rather it not be backpedaled at all naturally.

The PC playing Unity's DEMO was said to be running on hardware very close to the X1. And it was at 1080p, 30fps. ...Although, it did dip down to 18-22 FPS at times. But then again, consoles are usually more optimized than PCs.

projectpat06
09-04-2014, 07:36 AM
The E3 coattails were way too long. That was my only complaint of the outfit. Arno is wearing a coat, not robes. It's makes more sense for them to stop at his knees.

PLus the original outfit had it right with the length.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--L6mg6b7a--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.png

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Getting it to run at 1080p on X1 would require a drastic downgrade in quality, in my opinion. I mean, they couldn't even get 1080p on Assassin's Creed IV or Watch_Dogs. And what they have now isn't a very stable 30 fps..

That was prior to the dev update for the Xbox One though. Now the devs should have the ability to get it done hence why the MCC is going to be able to pull off 1080p/60fps for everything but the campaign of Halo 2 which isn't making 1080p due to the taxing work the game is doing allowing you to switch between the updated and classic graphics in real time, without any pause. Everything else is 1080p/60fps.

It's probably why AC4 needed the Day 1 update on PS4 to get 1080p -- I assume the devs had worked with earlier specs or something but then Sony released an update that allowed them to quickly optimize the graphics a bit further but not in time for the retail/disc.

W_D was not 1080p on either PS4 OR Xbox One so the point is rather moot isn't it? Plus it was on last gen systems, much like AC4. ACU is only on X1/PS4 and with the recent Xbox update and not having to sacrifice any time or resources for versions on last gen systems... I can't really see them having a viable excuse not to have it running at least 1080p/30fps. Some have said they'd prefer lower res and more fps but either way, they should be able to get that on either console.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 09:43 AM
That was prior to the dev update for the Xbox One though. Now the devs should have the ability to get it done hence why the MCC is going to be able to pull off 1080p/60fps for everything but the campaign of Halo 2 which isn't making 1080p due to the taxing work the game is doing allowing you to switch between the updated and classic graphics in real time, without any pause. Everything else is 1080p/60fps.

Exclusives are a different story. Games like Halo are made and built from the ground up to fit the system. With that said, Ryse is at 900p. The previous Halo just aren't very taxing. And I'm certain that 60 fps isn't a very stable one, as evident in the past ''60 fps'' releases for the system.

It's probably why AC4 needed the Day 1 update on PS4 to get 1080p -- I assume the devs had worked with earlier specs or something but then Sony released an update that allowed them to quickly optimize the graphics a bit further but not in time for the retail/disc.

The update was more than an improved rez, IIRC. They tweaked a lot of mechanics like the frequency of double-counters.

W_D was not 1080p on either PS4 OR Xbox One so the point is rather moot isn't it? Plus it was on last gen systems, much like AC4. ACU is only on X1/PS4 and with the recent Xbox update and not having to sacrifice any time or resources for versions on last gen systems... I can't really see them having a viable excuse not to have it running at least 1080p/30fps. Some have said they'd prefer lower res and more fps but either way, they should be able to get that on either console.

According to the AC:IV team, developing it for 360 and PS3 was ''hell'', so you might be onto something. And Watch_Dogs was not very optimized on either platform, may it be PC or consoles. I'm more than certain they could have achieved 1080p on the PS4.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Could someone show a comparison? (Yes I'm THAT lazy) :)
Nevermind, just had a look. I just say...how the hell did this get it's own thread??? It's like a new inches shorter! Come on!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Could someone show a comparison? (Yes I'm THAT lazy) :)
Nevermind, just had a look. I just say...how the hell did this get it's own thread??? It's like a new inches shorter! Come on!

What system of measurement are you using?? In one demo it goes to his ankles, in another it ends at his knees. That's a lot more than a few inches.

Matt.mc
09-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Okay. Still, is it really that big of an issue that is warrants a new thread?

Lonnie_Jackson
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
It does to the people that like the look of an assassin, and that look isnt even in the game. Its close, yes but unless it was technical reasons I dont see the point in the change. We see the character the whole time we play so his look and animation in this case are important to some.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Exclusives are a different story. Games like Halo are made and built from the ground up to fit the system. With that said, Ryse is at 900p. The previous Halo just aren't very taxing. And I'm certain that 60 fps isn't a very stable one, as evident in the past ''60 fps'' releases for the system.

Exclusives are different, sure. But Ryse, again, was a launch title for the system and thus prior to the update. I don't actually know the exact specifics of the update other than it's supposed to help devs reach 1080p easier now. Maybe it won't. Also, I think Halo 4 would be decently taxing considering it came out recently and is now being upped to 1080/60fps. My point is that the gap between Xbox and PS4 seems ti be closing. Maybe not 100% yet but it's not like Microsoft has just decided "meh, we'll stay at this res."

It sounds like, as of now, Xbox One can't handle 1080p/60fps. At least in Diablo III's case. Sony may be able to, not sure. Microsoft worked with them to bump it up from 900p/60fps to 1080p/unstable60fps (it drops occasionally). I'm sure Microsoft may find a way, if they really wish to, to allow all devs to more or less get games to handle 1080p/60fps. For now though, the textures and resolution for ACU should at least be on par with PS4 -- 1080p. Sony might be able to get 60fps while Xbox One may have to sit tight with 30. Some may say they'd prefer 720p and 60fps but for some reason, I feel as though Ubisoft will have both versions running at 30fps for whatever reason.

The update was more than an improved rez, IIRC. They tweaked a lot of mechanics like the frequency of double-counters.

I don't know. It makes you wonder why it wasn't already at 1080p though. That's something they should have already gotten established before going gold it seems like. The rate of double counters on the other hand does seem like something they could have been in the middle of working on before going gold and thus they kept working on it in order to get it into the Day 1 patch.

According to the AC:IV team, developing it for 360 and PS3 was ''hell'', so you might be onto something. And Watch_Dogs was not very optimized on either platform, may it be PC or consoles. I'm more than certain they could have achieved 1080p on the PS4.

I'm certain the biggest cost to the game was developing it for last gen systems. Both the Xbox One and PS4 version of AC4 and W_D would have likely been drastically better had they not supported the old systems. I'm just happy that Ubisoft has decided to fully build ACU for current gen. It's one of the first fully current gen titles for X1 and PS4 isn't it? Not counting exclusives. Most other games from sports games to Shadow of Mordor and so on all seem to be for both current gen and last gen.

Anyway... maybe you're right and the Xbox One version has significantly worse textures compared to PS4 even though both should theoretically be capable of reaching 1080p. It's the 1080p/60fps that Xbox seems to struggle with more than PS4 and even that's hard to truly compare since plenty of games on PS4 AND Xbox One don't even run at 1080p/60fps.

Okay. Still, is it really that big of an issue that is warrants a new thread?

I think so. You see the back of your character 99% of the time -- you want them to look cool. Or at least, some people do.

DumbGamerTag94
09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
"Cool" is VERY subjective. I personally like the shorter version and think it looks cool. It's better suited to the time period anyway

Xstantin
09-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Robes, body builds and faces change all the time (clipping, focus testing, whatever reason). Nothing new honestly.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 08:59 PM
*snip*

I pmed you something.

Hans684
09-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I like the original shown at E3, it has a classic feel. It's simple and long like Alaïr's robe.

Bashilir
09-04-2014, 09:17 PM
After re-watching the E3 Demo and looking how long the robe was, I like the shorter even more. The robe, that long, looks horrible and flops everywhere, goes through the floor, and just feels like excess to me.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-04-2014, 09:18 PM
"Cool" is VERY subjective. I personally like the shorter version and think it looks cool. It's better suited to the time period anyway

This is true. Some like it one way and others another. This is why I suggested that both be in the game (trailer as an outfit). I think it comes down to the way Ubisoft has gone about this. All the characters besides Altair & Conner (could be wrong) have seen changes from their promotional/cover/used by Ubisoft all the time art. So when you see statues, posters, toys, etc. we are given a definitive look, but the in-game look is always altered.

Why was it so hard to give Ezio II a glove on his right hand (e3 demo), or Ezio BH a matching vambrace? These are the little things some people notice and never really have been able to figure out why? Maybe just me :). In the artbooks I own I haven't read a reason why the in-game differs from the actual look Ubisoft uses when finalized. I'm sure I'll never get an answer and I am pretty sure this will never be seen by a Ubisoft employee but maybe one day it will and then they'll see how important cometics of a character is.

Matt.mc
09-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Didn't know where else to post this so I guess here can do.
I LOVE Arno's outfit! I love how minimalistic it is.

projectpat06
09-05-2014, 08:04 AM
This is true. Some like it one way and others another. This is why I suggested that both be in the game (trailer as an outfit). I think it comes down to the way Ubisoft has gone about this. All the characters besides Altair & Conner (could be wrong) have seen changes from their promotional/cover/used by Ubisoft all the time art. So when you see statues, posters, toys, etc. we are given a definitive look, but the in-game look is always altered.

Why was it so hard to give Ezio II a glove on his right hand (e3 demo), or Ezio BH a matching vambrace? These are the little things some people notice and never really have been able to figure out why? Maybe just me :). In the artbooks I own I haven't read a reason why the in-game differs from the actual look Ubisoft uses when finalized. I'm sure I'll never get an answer and I am pretty sure this will never be seen by a Ubisoft employee but maybe one day it will and then they'll see how important cometics of a character is.

Why don't you just ask Patrice Désilets via tweet about the AC2 glove? He no longer works for Ubisoft so i don't see why he wouldn't elaborate. I eventually got over the glove even though I liked it better than the vambrace in AC2. AC brotherhood was a mess. the vambraces didn't match. They could have easily allowed you to select vambraces as a pair. and then we had to purchase the stupid shoulder pads. The inability to remove armor was by far the most puzzling thing about the ezio trilogy.

Matt.mc
09-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Having to buy armor was the worst. I hope we don't have to buy anything in Unity.

AND I hope we can unequipped things!

LoyalACFan
09-05-2014, 10:21 AM
It does to the people that like the look of an assassin, and that look isnt even in the game. Its close, yes but unless it was technical reasons I dont see the point in the change. We see the character the whole time we play so his look and animation in this case are important to some.

It probably WAS for technical reasons though. The longer coat clipped through stuff, you can see it several times in the demo. Personally I didn't really mind it that much, it looked cooler at E3 IMO, but it looks fine how it is now too. Plus we have all kinds of customization options so I probably won't be using this outfit much anyway.

EmptyCrustacean
09-05-2014, 01:55 PM
They've changed it?! I haven't noticed. Can somebody post some pictures showing the difference? I like it long, it reminds me of Altair. Plus it's very Assassiny.

DumbGamerTag94
09-05-2014, 02:09 PM
They've changed it?! I haven't noticed. Can somebody post some pictures showing the difference? I like it long, it reminds me of Altair. Plus it's very Assassiny.

What the hell is this supposed to mean??? I've read it nearly 1,000 times when it comes to people wanting the longer COAT(it's not a freaking robe).

The whole point of being an assassin is to use stealth and assassinate people as a "blade in the crowd".

So then why the hell would it be a good idea to wear a coat that hangs all the way to the damn ground bright blue and easily confused with a robe(which was something very uncommon to wear in the 1700s and only priests on Sundays and Kings on coronations would wear something so silly.

You must remember the time period people. Robes hadn't been a thing since the early 1500s. Why would Arno wear an outfit that hasn't blended with anyone in over 200 years? It makes about as much sense as giving Arno a Toga.

So people are trying to say it looks more "assassiny" because it sticks out like a sore thumb??? That seems like sound logic :p. All the best assassins apparently dress so flamboyantly and stupidly that they can be spotted by their targets a mile away in the thick of a crowd. Assassins aren't supposed to have a "look". That's the whole point of being one. If you could tell an assassin just by looking at him then he wouldn't be a very good one would he? And a lot fewer people would have been assassinated in this world.

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 04:04 PM
What the hell is this supposed to mean??? I've read it nearly 1,000 times when it comes to people wanting the longer COAT(it's not a freaking robe).

The whole point of being an assassin is to use stealth and assassinate people as a "blade in the crowd".

So then why the hell would it be a good idea to wear a coat that hangs all the way to the damn ground bright blue and easily confused with a robe(which was something very uncommon to wear in the 1700s and only priests on Sundays and Kings on coronations would wear something so silly.

You must remember the time period people. Robes hadn't been a thing since the early 1500s. Why would Arno wear an outfit that hasn't blended with anyone in over 200 years? It makes about as much sense as giving Arno a Toga.

So people are trying to say it looks more "assassiny" because it sticks out like a sore thumb??? That seems like sound logic :p. All the best assassins apparently dress so flamboyantly and stupidly that they can be spotted by their targets a mile away in the thick of a crowd. Assassins aren't supposed to have a "look". That's the whole point of being one. If you could tell an assassin just by looking at him then he wouldn't be a very good one would he? And a lot fewer people would have been assassinated in this world.

The newer version of it makes much sense, but I do like the E3 better.

poptartz20
09-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Umm... Honestly I hadn't noticed the difference either. I just watched a recent trailer and it still looks pretty long. Maybe it was the wrong one.. who knows. Still imho I would think that the robes stopping at the knees would just make more sense. I suppose.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-05-2014, 05:33 PM
http://www.consoletuner.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/67472c816e_278805-ACHeader.jpghttp://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ac-unity-beta-3.jpghttp://www11.onrpg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/AssassinsUnitedtrailerbutto.jpg
http://assassinscreedu.com/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_1612_assassin-s-creed-unity-exclusive-gameplay-preview-hd.jpg

One is CGI to show the default length

Megas_Doux
09-05-2014, 05:38 PM
thanks bro and I still like the E3 better.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-05-2014, 05:47 PM
You're welcome. The more I look at the pics the more I really would like a belt on the inside of the coat too! ;)

EmptyCrustacean
09-05-2014, 05:54 PM
http://www.consoletuner.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/67472c816e_278805-ACHeader.jpghttp://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ac-unity-beta-3.jpghttp://www11.onrpg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/AssassinsUnitedtrailerbutto.jpg
http://assassinscreedu.com/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_1612_assassin-s-creed-unity-exclusive-gameplay-preview-hd.jpg

One is CGI to show they default length

Thanks for posting.
Wow, bummer. I like it longer even if it's not historically accurate.

ETA: This gameplay clip seems to have both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eMoeet22kI

poptartz20
09-05-2014, 05:57 PM
ahhh! thanks for the pics! :)

yeah.. I like it shorter. it makes more sense imo!

m4r-k7
09-05-2014, 05:58 PM
The CGI costume is so much cooler. It actually has texture and doesn't have that silky curtain look.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I am interested on the reasoning behind the look. If you watch the Master Assassin (elise) trailer when Arno is running along the rooftop, look under his arm and the material looks like what we get in-game.

l Khasim l
09-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Has it occured to anybody in here that these might be different cloaks, as in different chest items? We're supposed to have tens of them, so I don't understand what the fuss is about. Different demo, different cloak. His robe was completely different in the reveal tease trailer as well (the one with the guillotine in front of Notre Dame which Ubi posted after the first leak).
Doesn't matter to me, all those statistics the devs are praising in the previews will probably be obsolete. They already contradicted themselves with first saying that "fighting with many guards at the same time is suicide, combat should be a failstate" and then later "if you want to focus on combat and fight your way through, you can do that as well".
So, Fasion's Creed it is. Just like many people don't care about stats of Dark Souls armours and only wear them for their look.

SlyTrooper
09-05-2014, 07:26 PM
http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ac-unity-beta-3.jpg

Where is this from & what is that on Arno's back?

dimbismp
09-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Where is this from & what is that on Arno's back?

Well,the answer involves the L word,so...
That thing is meant to be a placement for spears.I think you can get it off though

Lonnie_Jackson
09-05-2014, 07:42 PM
I found it on google images. Just looking for the short coat. Sorry I didn't really pay attention where I got it, but it was a good angle of the coat. To me it just looks like they straight cut the original and really didn't give it much thought. The long coat kind of has rounded base to it I think.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Has it occured to anybody in here that these might be different cloaks, as in different chest items? We're supposed to have tens of them, so I don't understand what the fuss is about. Different demo, different cloak. His robe was completely different in the reveal tease trailer as well (the one with the guillotine in front of Notre Dame which Ubi posted after the first leak).
Doesn't matter to me, all those statistics the devs are praising in the previews will probably be obsolete. They already contradicted themselves with first saying that "fighting with many guards at the same time is suicide, combat should be a failstate" and then later "if you want to focus on combat and fight your way through, you can do that as well".
So, Fasion's Creed it is. Just like many people don't care about stats of Dark Souls armours and only wear them for their look.

They've always said that you can fight if you want to. It's simply harder and the more enemies there are, it gets more and more difficult. Supposedly anyway.

As for the robes, that very well could be. We know for a fact that robe length can differ -- in the co-op demo we can see a multitude of different outfit customzations on the other players and one has NO coat on, you can see his legs completely. So naturally, yes, there will almost 100% be different coats/robes with differing lengths -- I'm curious as to whether there will be the current cloaks we've seen that have a flat bottom to them and whether we'll also have more of the classic "pointed" coat tails/robe bottom variants to utilize.

BUT... the problem is that in both demos, the outfit seems to be identical -- that both are the default robes but one is shorter. So that could mean that the default robes are no longer as lengthy and perhaps most robes may take after the default in that regard.

l Khasim l
09-05-2014, 08:38 PM
They've always said that you can fight if you want to. It's simply harder and the more enemies there are, it gets more and more difficult. Supposedly anyway.

As for the robes, that very well could be. We know for a fact that robe length can differ -- in the co-op demo we can see a multitude of different outfit customzations on the other players and one has NO coat on, you can see his legs completely. So naturally, yes, there will almost 100% be different coats/robes with differing lengths -- I'm curious as to whether there will be the current cloaks we've seen that have a flat bottom to them and whether we'll also have more of the classic "pointed" coat tails/robe bottom variants to utilize.

BUT... the problem is that in both demos, the outfit seems to be identical -- that both are the default robes but one is shorter. So that could mean that the default robes are no longer as lengthy and perhaps most robes may take after the default in that regard.

That could be true, yes, but IMO it's completely pointless to further discuss that matter, becausse the only reason they could have changed the robe that makes sense is because of clipping issues. I was always angry at the fact that even in AC3/4, when they finally applied proper cloth physics to the robes, they were still clipping through the narrow planks when Assassins squatted on them. I'd rather have a shorter cloak with less clipping than a longer one with clipping.

That being said, the concern about coat length has been voiced and the devs are most likely aware of it, since this forum provides them with the largest amount of player feedback. I think we should simply wait until release to find out, or wait until the next semi-public Q&A and ask if there are any robes in this game which are as long as the one in the E3 demo.

EDIT: Kind of funny that we have a seven-page-long thread about robe length and there are no threads about heists, which were the most interesting thing we got to know about since a long time, thanks to the GI podcast.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-05-2014, 09:02 PM
They have two weeks extra for polishing so hopefully we get minimal clipping. Since this is true next gen (this gen) I hope we do see some character upgrades as far as motion and graphics. The characters are as important as the overall arc so I hope they start to pay great attention to detail as much as they do content and controls.

xXShadoWXx3
09-07-2014, 08:58 PM
i prefer the E3 Demo some people likes the shorter one and some people likes the longer one as for me the longer one :D plz ubi make it optional plz

MasterAssasin84
09-07-2014, 11:49 PM
I actually really Like Arno's Robes and IMO best I've seen in any AC so far !