PDA

View Full Version : Unity or Rogue?

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 10:45 PM
With the news that Unity has been delayed & will now be released alongside Rogue, I was wondering which one you are going to play first? Of course some of you will only be getting on of the two one release, so that should be an easy decision.

Personally, I think I might play Rogue first. I am aware that the ending of Rogue will spoil some of Unity, so I will play Unity the day after if this is what I decide to do. This will mean that I can complete Unity before Rogue but get to experience the new gameplay last. I will, however, pick the "I'm not sure yet" option because I haven't come to a decision yet.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Rogue.

Rather get last gen out of the way.

Plus I'm excited for Shay's/Haytham's story more and rather not get spoiled on that.

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Unity still cause PS4 will be at Uni with me.

However, even if I was at home with my PS3 and PS4, still Unity.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Rogue for me since I don't have next gen yet anyway :p

SHADOWGARVIN
08-28-2014, 10:55 PM
I'll start with unity.

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Guess I'm starting with Rogue as well, I don't have a PS4 yet.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Paris with 1:1 scale landmarks alone beats NY and those non burnt two storey tall buildings damaged by the great fire during AC IIIŽs time line.

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I don't have a PS4 yet too, so... Rogue it is.

Sushiglutton
08-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Unity by far, looks awesome! Will pass on Rogue because it's too much of a rehash with additions that, from what I have seen, make it worse than AC4.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Rogue.

I'm really more interested in Shay than Arno right now...

Plus I don't have a PS4 so...

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 11:30 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUU I VOTED FOR UNITY WHEN I MEANT TO VOTE FOR ROGUE

mod pls fx hnnghh

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 11:41 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUU I VOTED FOR UNITY WHEN I MEANT TO VOTE FOR ROGUE

mod pls fx hnnghh

http://gifstumblr.com/images/you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

Just kidding. :)

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Unity by far, looks awesome! Will pass on Rogue because it's too much of a rehash with additions that, from what I have seen, make it worse than AC4.

Yes!!!!

I mean, I understand the naval stuff being back, I tolerate Shay having the exact same animations of Edward, I could not care less about the hud being THE SAME as well, because I only use the map anyway.... But re using an ENTIRE city with its new addition being some non burnt buildings of two storeys tall????????? A city that was not exactly the cherry of cake to begin with, that is just pure greed.

I LOVED AC IV, but this one seems a weaker version of it in a FAR less interesting location......

Journey93
08-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Definitely Unity finally a real improvement (from the looks of it at least), no naval combat is also a plus even though
I enjoyed it in III and especially IV its just not typical AC it would feel forced

and even though Rouge's story looks interesting I just hate how many assets are being reused
and even the HUD looks the same, the animations everything
also the fact that its made by the Liberation developers is not really convincing me to buy it
So I will wait for reviews for that one ( from players and game journalists)

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Definitely Unity finally a real improvement (from the looks of it at least), no naval combat is also a plus even though
I enjoyed it in III and especially IV its just not typical AC it would feel forced

and even though Rouge's story looks interesting I just hate how many assets are being reused
and even the HUD looks the same, the animations everything
also the fact that its made by the Liberation developers is not really convincing me to buy it
So I will wait for reviews for that one ( from players and game journalists)

"Rouge" is a colour.

Xstantin
08-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Unity first.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Since 4 won't work, I choose none of the options listed in the poll, will get both on release day and decide then... but I think it's going to be Unity first. Can't wait any longer!

Namikaze_17
08-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Imagine the Storm if Rogue ends up better than Unity?
:nonchalance:

Locopells
08-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Unity since, despite having to go back to old gen, I hear I need to know some stuff in Unity first. Plus I know I'll probably enjoy Rogue, since it's (gameplay-wise, at least) basically AC4.2, and it's nice to have that, should Unity disappoint (not likely, but still).

After that though, I'll probably do Rogue first, when doing an AC marathon, since it feels more like it's proper place (unless MD story makes that impossible).

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 12:45 AM
I’m getting both games. I don’t care about changes in release dates or what console they’re on. As long as it’s an Assassin’s Creed game, it’s a pre-order for me. But if you’re asking which game am I gonna start playing first given that they both arrive at the same time. I might start with Unity first, but if they arrived separately, I’ll be playing whichever I receive first.

HiddenKiller612
08-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Rogue because I don't have ps4 yet.

Landruner
08-29-2014, 01:54 AM
I am getting Rogue because I know that it is close to AC4BF, which I liked for the Naval -
I had huge reserves regarding ACU and what I could read about the game and its artistic direction did not really convince me that I was going to enjoy it as a whole. In mu opinion they worked stuff that did not need to be touched, and did not focus on the weakness of that franchise.
Even the combat system or the stealth system are not appealing for me, all I saw so far, is that it will be still a way too many guards with a poor AI everywhere around you. I was hoping that they could reduce the effective regarding that way too many dumb guards around you and try to find them a AI path that makes sense for a stealth game - problem that that franchise had since AC1. I hope I am wrong.... I wait for the player's reactions before getting the game

GoldenBoy9999
08-29-2014, 02:00 AM
I'll get Unity on release and then Rogue at Christmas probably. I need to take a break of the mechanics of old AC all though I am excited for a few things like the river valley and assassins that hunt you.

ShoryukenMan
08-29-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm not totally sure, but more than likely, it'll be Rogue first for me.

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 02:04 AM
Since 4 won't work, I choose none of the options listed in the poll, will get both on release day and decide then... but I think it's going to be Unity first. Can't wait any longer!

Why not just choose "I'm not sure yet"? You said it yourself that you don't know which you are going to play first. Keep in mind that I am not asking which you are going to buy, just which you are going to play first.

Megas_Doux
08-29-2014, 02:27 AM
Imagine the Storm if Rogue ends up better than Unity?
:nonchalance:

IŽll be deeply dissapointed....

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 03:49 PM
IŽll be deeply dissapointed....

There is nothing to suggest that that will happen, so I wouldn't worry.

Bastiaen
08-29-2014, 04:57 PM
2 tv's side by side, at the same time... sort of.

jayjay275
08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Only Unity for me. Rogue has done nothing to impress me, the gameplay is identical to that of Black Flag's. Sure, some lakes are frozen and I'm missing out on the auroura borealis, but the air rifle is just a rehashed blowpipe and I'm not keen on playing as a Templar, as we had that at the start of AC3 already.

rrebe
08-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Unity, because I don't own a last gen console. Even if I did, I'd probably start with Unity anyway.

Hans684
08-29-2014, 06:23 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/85833-is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-2yVg.gif

Conniving_Eagle
08-29-2014, 06:47 PM
As most of you are now aware, Tuesday the Eleventh of November is Assassin's Creed Tuesday, because we are being treated to the release of not one, but two Assassin's Creed games.

I was curious what the rest of you are planning on doing. Will you be getting one or both? Which will you play first? Are you going to hold-off a bit on the second after you complete the first?

Personally, I plan on getting them both. Right now I'm debating on if I should play Rogue first. I'm considering this because Rogue seems more like an appetizer while Unity is the main course. The only information I have that would go against this decision is that Rogue is supposed to tie everything in: the Kenway Saga and Unity. I'm wondering if it is better to play Unity first in case if by doing the opposite one wouldn't get the connection. It would be great if a Ubisoft Rep could say something about this.

What about you guys?

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 06:48 PM
already a thread on this

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 07:26 PM
I think I will play Rogue first.

I want to wrap up the Kenway saga and then I will buy Unity.

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 07:52 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/85833-is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-2yVg.gif

If you are capable of playing two games at the same time then no.

Fatal-Feit
08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
I'll finish Rogue's campaign as quickly as I can, and then jump onto Unity and play the hell out of it. The FPS on last-gen consoles makes immersion almost unbearable for me so I'll wait for the current-gen port to 100% Rogue.

PaladinEagle
08-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I feel this poll is lacking a both option as having more money than sense and being an AC fanboy I've got 2 copies of Unity ordered and 1 of Rogue.

Hans684
08-29-2014, 08:26 PM
If you are capable of playing two games at the same time then no.

Already pre-ordered Unity(guillotine edition) so I'm getting that, I'll wait with pre-ordering Rogue, but I'm gonna pre-order some time before release. I'm always pre-ordering from UbiShop and usually get it 1-2 days before release, so I'll get Rogue around 9th - 10th and Unity around 11th - 12th.

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
I feel this poll is lacking a both option as having more money than sense and being an AC fanboy I've got 2 copies of Unity ordered and 1 of Rogue.

The question isn't 'are you getting both?', it's 'which are you going to play first?'. I'm getting Rogue & Unity on the same day, but I don't plan on playing both on the day I get them. I'll play one on release & another the day after, then I will rotate between them.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
08-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Unity. It looks leaps and bounds better than Rogue.

UniteUnderPower
08-30-2014, 03:16 AM
Rogue in hopes that it has a Connor cameo. It's familiar and we know what to expect, unlike Unity.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2014, 04:22 AM
Rogue in hopes that it has a Connor cameo. It's familiar and we know what to expect, unlike Unity.

I just cannot understand this kind of logic.