PDA

View Full Version : A modern day game

D3f4ltg4ming
08-28-2014, 07:19 AM
This is only my opinion! I was thinking there should be a game set in the modern day entirely, where you maybe meet up with Shaun and Rebecca as a different person training to become an assassin. Of course this will remove the historical aspect of the game, which as always been a big part. And since this would be a modern day game, the story could be you fighting to take down Abstergo with missions ( and side-missions ) like taking over a specific area or killing high ranking Abstergo officers. I am not entirely sure about how the free roam aspect would work, maybe do something along the lines of Sleeping Dogs with vehicles and melee combat. Also i finally want to see the head assassins mentioned in Brotherhood. Would anyone actually be interested in a modern day game?

UniteUnderPower
08-28-2014, 07:21 AM
I'd be interested in a game where you can switch between modern-day and the historical time period at will with plenty of gameplay to satisfy in each. Purely modern-day? Probably won't happen and has been suggested millions of times on this forum.

D3f4ltg4ming
08-28-2014, 07:32 AM
I'd be satisfied with both historical and modern day. I couldn't find any modern day forums so i just posted one.

rrebe
08-28-2014, 07:40 AM
I don't think a whole game for modern-day would be a good idea, a DLC (kind of what they did with Freedom Cry, but with modern-day story) on the other hand could be somewhat interesting.

king-hailz
08-28-2014, 08:19 AM
The best thing they could do is find a writer who can handle doing two stories and to characters at once and making it make sense! I would rather have a proper story in and outside the animus!

Or maybe do something like the walking dead games when you get episodes, it can replace initiates!

bent_toe
08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
They will eventually come to modern game and the future,in 3-4 years, after they milked the **** out of the series they will release a 21th century AC.
It's ineveitable

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 11:34 AM
A modern day only game would suck. The modern day story itself is in shambles at the moment, and I'm not sure Ubisoft know what direction they're taking with it either.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-28-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm not interested in a modern day only game at all.

RA503
08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Hi people I have this though that as a part what I want and part a theory, lets go :

if the modern gameplay of this'' new saga'' is the player like in black flag I have a idea of how do third person gameplay and parkour in present like was with desmond without breaking this concept,

Spoilers of black flag :

in black flag, we discovered that juno is only one tipe of ''consciousness'' or soul that need a vesel to survive, and she can posses bodies, in some way, the first civilization found a way of how still alive after death, that is, extracting this tipe of ''consciousness/soul'' of their bodies (maybe with a piece of eden ?) and upload this consciousness in ''the gray'' that is basically a type of ''animus'' or the internet.

but, if not only juno can make this but the player as well ?

imagine a especies of ''animus'' that can upload a person consciousness in another body ?
this is my theory, you, the player using the animus to enter in a type of ''avatar'' that you control in the modern day seguiments.

what your opinion about that ?

king-hailz
08-28-2014, 10:39 PM
So I will go on the animus to play as a character to play as another character??? It could work... but I actually want a proper character like Desmond....

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Ya, I could not be less interested in a Modern Day game.

Sushiglutton
08-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Not interested, would not buy/play a game like that.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Not interested!

dissaor_13
08-29-2014, 02:52 AM
Ubisfot cant handle modern part, so no!

Layytez
08-29-2014, 03:14 AM
No simply due to all the haters. I personally love the modern day/First Civ content in AC but for a whole game in modern setting wouldn't be received well.

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Dude, I suport a modern day game with all my might. Hell, I don’t mind donating to fund it, myself. For some time, we thought that WATCH_DOGS will be a substitute for a modern day Assassin’s Creed game, but it didn’t and I’m sure that nothing and nobody can handle a truly entertaining modern day like AC games do. I adore the modern day segments of all AC games until ACIV, that’s the only one I didn’t like.

I just hope they make one, even for past gen next year or handheld or just a spin off.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
#ACKickstarter #ModernDay

Hue.

Hans684
08-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, and they should do what's needed to make on possible once the time is right.

MakimotoJin
08-30-2014, 12:23 PM
I thought about that a lot,but there would be a lot of problems that would change the core gameplay of AC.
Free-run would be nice,but combat gameplay......yea,one word,guns.Also,going to rooftops to another would be difficult,since there's a huge space because of the streets.That would make free-run difficult and then I thought:"what could make you not go into these places where free-run would be a nope?"...not open-world missions would be a chance.Well,those are the things I think would be a problem.I hope that,if someday this happens,Ubisoft makes it a different from watch dogs.

dandins
08-30-2014, 12:37 PM
i vote historical only +1

Because the modern parts of the game makes the whole AC unrealistic.

A guy who runs around with some knifes and murder bad people 200 years ago is realistic. But a animus bla bla machine that reactivates experiences from the bloodline is ********.

A story with an ancient assassin guild only that takes place 400-200 years ago is quite comprehensible.

And this "comprehensibility" is what actually makes a game "good" and lets you dive in. All these interruptions with the animus modern parts in the last few game was allways like a "wake up man - this is just a stupid game" - situation for me.

Layytez
08-30-2014, 12:46 PM
For it to work it kinda has to be pure infiltration to avoid as much gun combat as possible. Having it out in the open isn't going to work well.

RinoTheBouncer
08-31-2014, 10:36 PM
i vote historical only +1

Because the modern parts of the game makes the whole AC unrealistic.

A guy who runs around with some knifes and murder bad people 200 years ago is realistic. But a animus bla bla machine that reactivates experiences from the bloodline is ********.

A story with an ancient assassin guild only that takes place 400-200 years ago is quite comprehensible.

And this "comprehensibility" is what actually makes a game "good" and lets you dive in. All these interruptions with the animus modern parts in the last few game was allways like a "wake up man - this is just a stupid game" - situation for me.

This is part of the mythology of the game. The core of the franchise is using a device that can recreate your genetic memory and that is based on the Genetic Memory theory. Most of the Sci-Fi elements in the AC franchise are available in real life in conspiracy theories or unproven scientific theories or pseudo-science. The game basically took the what-if route of those theories being real and extrapolated from there, that was their excuse for setting the game in the past. They couldíve just made games set in ancient times and thatís it, but they wanted to make it more interconnected and thatís basically what got me into the franchise.

Kakuzu745
09-01-2014, 05:13 AM
This is part of the mythology of the game. The core of the franchise is using a device that can recreate your genetic memory and that is based on the Genetic Memory theory. Most of the Sci-Fi elements in the AC franchise are available in real life in conspiracy theories or unproven scientific theories or pseudo-science. The game basically took the what-if route of those theories being real and extrapolated from there, that was their excuse for setting the game in the past. They could’ve just made games set in ancient times and that’s it, but they wanted to make it more interconnected and that’s basically what got me into the franchise.

It is part of the mythology of the game...that does not necessarily mean that it has to be on the spotlight. Fortunately Ubi seems to understand hat now...