PDA

View Full Version : More Accurate Portrayal of Women

LieutenantRex
08-28-2014, 06:32 AM
I want a more accurate portrayal of women in the AC games. No, this isn't a thread about the whole feminist fiasco over no female characters at all in ACU, this is something that's been a persistent problem in ALL AC games.

Now, (edited) , but I just HATE to see skinny women in historical portrayals. It's common knowledge that most women back in the Middle Ages to Renaissance to even Revolutionary 18th century were fat. Do we see any of that in the AC games? NO. All the featured female protagonists are skinny and airbrushed to perfection. Maria Thorpe from AC1. AC2 had Christina Vespucci, the two madams, Claudia, Catarina, Maria, courtesans, etc. Brotherhood and Revelations had the exact same problem. NO fat female characters were given any attention because they didn't exist. Sofia was a size 1! AC3 had NO fat women. Not even the generic fat NPC woman that previous games would spawn in freeroam about once in every playthrough. In fact, now that I think about it, the woman Duccio was seeing behind Claudia's back was fat, but yet again a blast to plus-sized women. If they aren't skinny, they're man-stealing dogs.

I just... And tears are actually splashing on my keyboard right now so forgiev my typos, I just wnat Ubisoff too reprsent womin respectfully an truely because its not fair that fat women, who maek up mroe than half of the dmeographic for women worldwide, arent getting their recognition in the games. I'm just so offended an hurt that Ubisoft, a very liberal and thoughtful company would do this to women. Please share your thoughts.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 06:35 AM
http://somuchfattitude.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/women-giving-praise-o.gif

i love you :rolleyes:

marvelfannumber
08-28-2014, 06:40 AM
We need more fat good guys too! All of the fat people I can remember from AC were evil! It's a disgusting stereotype that promotes hatred of fat people.

Aphex_Tim
08-28-2014, 06:46 AM
I'd love to play as a fat assassin.

Perhaps he can bounce!

Assassin_M
08-28-2014, 06:48 AM
This is a winner

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 06:54 AM
(edited)

The only right poll option.

king-hailz
08-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Well actually duccio showed us that he liked that fat woman... so.... but I don't see it as much of a problem.... I am sure during the french revolution most people were starving so they would be skinny!

jeordievera
08-28-2014, 08:37 AM
We need more fat good guys too! All of the fat people I can remember from AC were evil! It's a disgusting stereotype that promotes hatred of fat people.
Well Stede Bonnet was quite fat :D
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_107896.jpg

Also note he is not a woman

CoachAssassin
08-28-2014, 08:39 AM
What kind of ******** poll is this, 3 of them are made to be mean, 1 seems right but it's argument is preposterous in my eyes, no offense. There have been some females as well male characters that weren't thin but why should ubisoft address that size doesn't matter in a game that follows persons that clearly need to be fit in order to fulfill their destinies. I mean, seems a bit conflicting don't you think? The way fat people were looked upon during the revolutionary time wasn't a very pleasant one, due to starvation and poorness they would often be remarked as hording rich people who had food enough to waste. Agree with it or not, thats the truth on how people viewed them back then and if you would feature them historically accurate they would be hated upon by most peoples POV of that time, therefor it should be plausible our protagonist does too if you want to be accurate. Size 0 is something models nowadays do, and I see no relevance to our female characters. Claudia, Elise etc. don't seem like size 0 to me, just regular fit people. And last time I checked being regular fit is something all people should agree to is the best thing.

But yeah most of all you should change that poll. I've yet to see a size 0 character in AC, just fit people.

Crouching.Tiger
08-28-2014, 09:53 AM
[removed]

What.

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Manuel Palaiologos was fat, but I really don't understand why we need fat woman and for that matter fat civilians, both female and male. It really doesn't add any value to the gameplay. This thread seems as if it isn't serious, and I will assume the OP is trying to be funny and gain some attention here. It isn't working...

roostersrule2
08-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Why are there women in AC at all?

There aren't many kitchens on the streets of Florence are there?

UbiJustin
08-28-2014, 02:40 PM
While we appreciate feedback of all forms, please be respectful when generating that feedback. Especially when your poll options were offensive to the direct audience that you are trying to defend.

I have edited your poll options to get rid of the potentially offensive wording.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 02:58 PM
The woman shouldn't be skinny.

The woman shouldn't be fat.

She should be juuuuuuuust right.

But seriously, they should be portray appropriately.

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Not that you mention I don't remember ever seeing any fat civilian npc.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 05:24 PM
lol without the offensive poll options this thread might be taken seriously.

CoachAssassin
08-28-2014, 05:37 PM
To be honest, if you are going to give in on such matters as a company, justified or not, you are going to get screwed over by any other group of people who want to slap a lable on themselves because of a feature they all seem to have. You'll have to be ''non-discriminating'' to everyone and everything...

You're going to need that massive 5000 people engine, because you'd need that much protagonists/important plot NPC's to be okay.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
hah, I'd say this was good satire if it wasn't for the fact that it's basically just a straw man and/or ab absurdo.

Fallacies, people.

Aphex_Tim
08-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Not that you mention I don't remember ever seeing any fat civilian npc.

AC2 had quite a few of 'em as I recall.

wvstolzing
08-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Though I'm loath to respond to this thread-from-under-a-bridge, I just have the urge to say that --

Lucy in AC1 was so thin, her limbs looked like they were 2 dimensional.

-- also: NPCs in AC do have *some* body type variety, compared to many other games.

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 10:56 PM
We need more fat people...they are not being correctly portrayed in the franchise right now.

I just want my assassin to die of a heart attack...is it too much to ask?

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 11:14 PM
So...we really want this in AC:
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5689954560/h6CB22FDF/:rolleyes:

At least this guy makes it work...
http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galleries/photo/1922/rodrigo-borgia-assassins-creed-2.jpg

dissaor_13
08-29-2014, 02:55 AM
I dont understand this thread.