PDA

View Full Version : AC1 (100% completion)

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Recently I have decided to go back & complete AC1 to 100% as I have done with all the other AC games. I would have done it sooner, but I never saw the point. It is really tedious & there is no actual 100% completion in the game, only notices left undone.

I was just wondering how many of you have 100% completed AC1? (This includes all Templars, flags, optional memories & side-missions).

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Me? Collect all 400 something flags to 100% AC1?

http://cdn.niketalk.com/a/a6/a6e8bca5_50-cent-laughing-and-driving-away-o.gif

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Yep, for me it also were the flags that prevented me from 100% AC1. But recently I played some AC1 just because of the beauty this game is. And I think I'm gonna replay it around christmas time...

And I forgot about those Templar knights. Uuuh... they were the hardest enemies in any AC game. And just to find them was pure hell.

Shahkulu101
08-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Nope, far too tedious - and I don't want to be a pawn in Patrice's 'profound' statement about pointless busy work in video games anyway.

m4r-k7
Ac 1 was absolutely fantastic but completing it 100% is something I have never been interested in.

SpiritOfNevaeh
OMG I wasn't patient enough to get 100%. There were no maps of where the flags and Templar guys were!! Dx

One day I might decide to go back and get 100%.... if I can handle it.

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm saying yes because, as I said, I am planning to. Currently I have done all the Assassin flags, King Richard Flags & Jerusalem Crosses.

GunnerGalactico
08-27-2014, 10:01 PM
I still haven't collected every flag and I've only killed 36 Templars. I went flag hunting a couple of times, then I lost interest. I did find every flag in Masayaf, though... so that's good enough for me.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes...everything including all of the achievements/trophies...I actually had a lot of fun finding the flag and the templars while exploring the cities :D

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 10:12 PM
I still haven't collected every flag and I've only killed 36 Templars. I went flag hunting a couple of times, then I lost interest. I did find every flag in Masayaf, though... so that's good enough for me.

Just use a youtube guide or a map. It's almost impossible to do it without help. Even the maps aren't much use because all the flags are well-hidden. I had to use a youtube guide after missing around 15 flags in the kingdom & I'm going to use the guides for the rest too. Once it's done, I will feel happier when playing Unity because I'll feel like I've earned it. :)

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Yes...everything including all of the achievements/trophies...I actually had a lot of fun finding the flag and the templars while exploring the cities :D

I don't mind finding the flags in the cities, but it's really easy to miss one in the kingdom. The size of it & the guards being so hostile slows the process down as well. It's also horrible to look at.

tkarenko
08-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Completing AC1 100% without using guides is one of my proudest gaming achievements. I fell in love with this series right away and was immediately hyped for the sequel. So over the two year period between AC1 and AC2, I would just pop the game in every few weeks or so and run around searching for the flags and Templars. I have continued the tradition of not using guides to find all of the collectibles in all of the AC games. Although, this isn't as big of an achievement anymore because the games reveal more and more things on the map now. I never buy the in-game maps that show me where things are. It saddened me some when AC:R showed you the last 50% of the collectibles automatically. The frontier in AC3 was irritating due to the hidden underground caves.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 10:27 PM
I don't mind finding the flags in the cities, but it's really easy to miss one in the kingdom. The size of it & the guards being so hostile slows the process down as well. It's also horrible to look at.

True that...I had fun in the cities but really not much fun in Kingdom...Kingdom became really boring at some point after spending hours looking for templars and flags.

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Completing AC1 100% without using guides is one of my proudest gaming achievements. I fell in love with this series right away and was immediately hyped for the sequel. So over the two year period between AC1 and AC2, I would just pop the game in every few weeks or so and run around searching for the flags and Templars. I have continued the tradition of not using guides to find all of the collectibles in all of the AC games. Although, this isn't as big of an achievement anymore because the games reveal more and more things on the map now. I never buy the in-game maps that show me where things are. It saddened me some when AC:R showed you the last 50% of the collectibles automatically. The frontier in AC3 was irritating due to the hidden underground caves.

I actually prefer that they show us. To be honest with you, I'd rather not have any at all. And if they are in the game, they should unlock a mission for us. That sounds like what Unity is trying to do: We find a collectable letter & it unlocks stuff for us to complete.

Locopells
08-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Twice.

I lost the savegame.

*shudders*

Ureh
08-28-2014, 02:40 AM
Nope! Never 100% the first game. I was very close to getting all the Kingdom flags but must've missed 2-3 of them. Quite elusive, those little flags.

I think you can customise/filter the icons that show up on the map in ACR, and turn off the mini-map on the hud. That's what I did so I could continue finding the rest of the stuff without the locations being revealed.

rrebe
08-28-2014, 07:30 AM
I think I'm missing 1-5 flags if I remember right.
Might have to go back in and find the elusive buggers.

HiddenKiller612
08-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Never 100% it... never had a reason to go for all flags... Had Ubisoft added trophy support to it.. perhaps I would have...

Simmer83
08-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Never 100% it... never had a reason to go for all flags... Had Ubisoft added trophy support to it.. perhaps I would have...

I did collect all the flags but it's indeed a pity Ubisoft didn't implement throphies for AC1.

Really would go back and do it again if that means I could platinum the game.

Locopells
08-28-2014, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't mind doing it, if there was an in game map after you collected so many, like in ACR.

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oC8bK8h.gif

I couldn't be bothered to collect all the flags. I've done it in all the other games, but I can't be bothered to do it in AC1.

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm going to start on Damascus today. After that I will have an easier job with Acre because there are achievements for every district you clear.

Farlander1991
08-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Yes, but I'm not doing it again.

I thought there would be some gameplay reward to collecting the flags (because I was used to the fact that this is how the particular game trope works), but there was nothing but a check mark, essentially.

I know Patrice wanted to make a point, but, really, the subversion attempt was a failure (doesn't help that in AC2 they played the trope straight), there could be a lot of other better ways to make said point.

Bastiaen
08-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Yes, because achievements.

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Just use a youtube guide or a map. It's almost impossible to do it without help. Even the maps aren't much use because all the flags are well-hidden. I had to use a youtube guide after missing around 15 flags in the kingdom & I'm going to use the guides for the rest too. Once it's done, I will feel happier when playing Unity because I'll feel like I've earned it. :)

Thanks for the tip. I do feel as though I am cheating, but I might as well complete it anyway.

Locopells
08-28-2014, 08:08 PM
http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/

Hans684
08-28-2014, 08:13 PM
I've not 100% completed it and I've used YouTube and still have the maps, it's just plain boring and pointless, it's like going to a comedy show with a rule saying "no jokes allowed" or our new leak rule, their on the same level.

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm going to start on Damascus today. After that I will have an easier job with Acre because there are achievements for every district you clear.

Did it. Acre tomorrow & then the Templars.

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Did it. Acre tomorrow & then the Templars.

I'm saving the Templars for last too :D. I'm currently roaming around in The Kingdom, hunting for flags.

bitebug2003
08-28-2014, 09:40 PM
It wasn't rewarding for PS3 gamers - at least 360 owners got achievements for collecting all the flags etc.

So no I didn't 100% it :(

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm saving the Templars for last too :D. I'm currently roaming around in The Kingdom, hunting for flags.

I feel sorry for you. The Kingdom is the worst part of getting 100%.

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 10:41 PM
I feel sorry for you. The Kingdom is the worst part of getting 100%.

Yeah, I know. Those King Richard flags are really hard to come across.

Dralight
08-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Yes, I have completed AC1 100% but I did use online maps for the flags and Templars. Even then it was incredibly time consuming. I did try it once without using maps. I think I got around 70ish flags in Jerusalem and Damascus, the majority in Acre and the Kingdom, and all of them in Masyaf, but eventually I gave up because I was finding it impossible to find any more of them lol.

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 10:49 PM
I guess I really am one of those weird guys that really enjoy to hunt collectibles hehe. I actually created one new file for the game just to get some Lucy achievement.

It is actually bad in my opinion that for example some collectibles in BF did not have some kind of achievement tied to them :(

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Yes, I have completed AC1 100% but I did use online maps for the flags and Templars. Even then it was incredibly time consuming. I did try it once without using maps. I think I got around 70ish flags in Jerusalem and Damascus, the majority in Acre and the Kingdom, and all of them in Masyaf, but eventually I gave up because I was finding it impossible to find any more of them lol.

I know what you mean. Finding all the flags in Damascus took me over two hours today, & that's with a youtube guide. It took so long because I had to follow these steps for every flag: check the video to see where the next flag is, mark it on the map, get to the location, watch the video to see where the flag is specifically, go to the location, triple check that I am in the right location so I don't mistake two different flags & get confused or because the flag is not there (I have to check that I have got it already & I'm not just in a different spot), & repeat. It's not a quick process if you want to be sure not to miss one.

Locopells
08-29-2014, 12:12 AM

I did both at once, to minimise backtracking...

And both times I managed to miss one in the Kingdom...

dissaor_13
08-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Too many flags, I know patrice was trolling, but still.

HiddenKiller612
08-29-2014, 03:25 AM
It wasn't rewarding for PS3 gamers - at least 360 owners got achievements for collecting all the flags etc.

So no I didn't 100% it :(
Indeed... maybe you can put in a word with Ubi and get a patch for trophies :cool:

joelsantos24
08-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Ac 1 was absolutely fantastic but completing it 100% is something I have never been interested in.
AC1 is my absolute favorite, but I've never been that interested in achieving the 100% completion also. I dealt with the Templars as I'd find them throughout the game; as for the flags, not so much, I wouldn't even get them if I was in the middle of an important mission or trying to blend in.

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 07:19 PM
AC1 is my absolute favorite, but I've never been that interested in achieving the 100% completion also. I dealt with the Templars as I'd find them throughout the game; as for the flags, not so much, I wouldn't even get them if I was in the middle of an important mission or trying to blend in.

You guys should...it is really entertaining to play a nice playlist and then just go ahead and wander collecting things. Just got the all the animus fragments and chests yesterday in Black Flag :D

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Done all the flags in Acre. Now all I need to do is kill the last Templars & complete some investigation memories that I missed.

Bastiaen
08-29-2014, 09:54 PM
I've done it several times (4 I think, I'm a sick completionist). I always use this site for a guide, I think it's pretty thorough and well put together.
http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/Maps.htm

Kakuzu745
08-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Done all the flags in Acre. Now all I need to do is kill the last Templars & complete some investigation memories that I missed.

Did you fully completed all the other games? Just curious :P

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Did you fully completed all the other games? Just curious :P

Yeah. I've got 100% sync on all the other games. I don't care about achievements/trophies though, if you include that.

Locopells
08-30-2014, 12:58 AM
I've done it several times (4 I think, I'm a sick completionist). I always use this site for a guide, I think it's pretty thorough and well put together.
http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/Maps.htm

Hah, that's the one I used!

I normally use IGN for that sorta thing, but I hit on this one by accident, as I recall.

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Finally done. All Templars dead, all flags collected. Just need to finish some of the memory investigations I missed & then I will have 100% completed it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Finally done. All Templars dead, all flags collected. Just need to finish some of the memory investigations I missed & then I will have 100% completed it.

GRATZ!

You have inspired me to shoot for those Templars and Flags, once I get the time to play the game :)

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 08:21 PM
GRATZ!

You have inspired me to shoot for those Templars and Flags, once I get the time to play the game :)

Good luck! :)

Sushiglutton
08-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Nope never been close :). I synchronized all the viewpoints though I think.

SlyTrooper
08-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Nope never been close :). I synchronized all the viewpoints though I think.

That must have been tough. Finding those viewpoints on the minimap is no easy challenge. :)

joelsantos24
08-31-2014, 10:52 AM
You guys should...it is really entertaining to play a nice playlist and then just go ahead and wander collecting things. Just got the all the animus fragments and chests yesterday in Black Flag :D
That might be. But see, I still haven't got Platinum on both Brotherhood and Revelations, merely because of those types of trophies: get all the flags; get all the fragments; etc. I love all AC games, but when I'm close to the end of one, I'm already looking forward to the next, so I tend to rush things a little bit. I think I'll get all the Borgia flags, feathers, Animus fragments, etc, the next time I'm playing Brotherhood and Revelations, though.

dead_zombies
08-31-2014, 12:15 PM
I would 100% it but theres no point to it because theres no trophy

SlyTrooper
08-31-2014, 05:47 PM
I would 100% it but theres no point to it because theres no trophy

There are achievements on Xbox 360, but that isn't why I'm doing it. I'm doing it for the satisfaction when Unity & Rogue come out. I will know that I have earned it.

SlyTrooper
08-31-2014, 11:14 PM
Completed two sequences today. Needed to clear up the investigations, so I thought I may as well do the assassinations. I have to say, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I used to. Keep in mind that I completed AC1 years ago & I haven't touched the story since.

Kakuzu745
09-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Completed two sequences today. Needed to clear up the investigations, so I thought I may as well do the assassinations. I have to say, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I used to. Keep in mind that I completed AC1 years ago & I haven't touched the story since.

Good to see you are enjoying it...I am doing basically that with Black Flag now...getting every single treasure and everything.

That might be. But see, I still haven't got Platinum on both Brotherhood and Revelations, merely because of those types of trophies: get all the flags; get all the fragments; etc. I love all AC games, but when I'm close to the end of one, I'm already looking forward to the next, so I tend to rush things a little bit. I think I'll get all the Borgia flags, feathers, Animus fragments, etc, the next time I'm playing Brotherhood and Revelations, though.

I know...when you dont see achievements or trophies it might be harder to get motivated...but it is really nice, you definitely have to try it someday :)